Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-01-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
I took Green Bay in the 9th round, the next TE taken was by me, Pettigrew in the 13th. Zach Miller is available, should I go with him and Pettigrew?
hell yes. lots of upside with miller.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Draft today in my big money keeper league. Right now, keepers are Ray Rice, Mike Turner, Desean Jackson and Matt Stafford. Just traded for Jahvid Best as well. I've got the #3 overall pick but my second rounder went in the Best deal. Starts are QB/QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/OP/K/DST

Some situations I'm debating:

Pick 3: Value is either in Sam Bradford, Josh Freeman, Miles Austin, Dwayne Bowe or Steven Jackson. I'm leaning towards a QB since it's possible to start 3 in this league and I only have Stafford, but Miles Austin is pretty tempting with Romo healthy.

Pick 28 (3rd Round): Assuming I go QB at pick 1, I'll most likely have my choice of Santonio Holmes, Anquan Boldin and Marques Colston in the third round as my WR2. Where do I go with it?
You gotta go QB with the first pick if you can start 3. Hell id trade one of those RBs for a top tier QB proably too. Is it PPR? If so, I'd rank those 3 as Boldin, Holmes, Colston. If it isn't then I'd rank them Holmes, Boldin, Colston.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, so i now know who is going to be available in my keeper draft. i have the 1st and 4th overall picks. the roster setup is 1 qb, 1 rb, 1 rb/wr, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 flex (any offense). scoring is ppr, bonuses for high yardage totals and long touchdowns. everything else is standard. my roster currently looks like

qb: matt schaub
rb:
rb/wr: percy harvin
wr: jeremy maclin
wr: brandon lloyd
te:
flex: josh freeman

so i want to grab 2 rbs with my picks because i'm pretty well off at wr and quarterback. right now i'm leaning towards mark ingram at 1st overall, but beyond that, i don't know. here's the list of best available rb's

cedric benson
fred jackson
mike tolbert
brandon jacobs
marshawn lynch
shonn greene
c.j. spiller
joseph addai
willis mcgahee

i am kind of leaning towards spiller because it seems like chan gailey wants to run an offense similar to a spread and i think he could definitely break out in that sort of offense. plus the league is ppr, so it makes him a little bit safer to pick.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
You gotta go QB with the first pick if you can start 3. Hell id trade one of those RBs for a top tier QB proably too. Is it PPR? If so, I'd rank those 3 as Boldin, Holmes, Colston. If it isn't then I'd rank them Holmes, Boldin, Colston.
It is PPR, and trust me I`ve been trying to move Mike Turner for a while, can`t seem to get it done. But I agree the value is in QB, but Sam Bradford or Josh Freeman has been giving me fits for a month. I just can`t decide either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it too early for who to start?

Brandon Marshall vs. NE
Jeremy Maclin vs. STL

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
here's the list of best available rb's

cedric benson
fred jackson
mike tolbert
brandon jacobs
marshawn lynch
shonn greene
c.j. spiller
joseph addai
willis mcgahee

i am kind of leaning towards spiller because it seems like chan gailey wants to run an offense similar to a spread and i think he could definitely break out in that sort of offense. plus the league is ppr, so it makes him a little bit safer to pick.
even at PPR i wouldnt put spiller at the top of that list unless you get points for lateral yards. shonn greene isnt a bad option. nor is lynch even though it isnt a sexy pick. if those are the best rbs available i might go after a wr if there is a better option and wait on RB until your next pick.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post

Brandon Marshall vs. NE
Jeremy Maclin vs. STL
I'd go with Marshall until we see how well Maclin's recovered from his offseason illness. Early word was he lost almost 20 pounds this offseason, that isn't going to fly back on anytime soon, it'll take some time. I'd play it slow and cautious with Maclin the first few weeks, at least thats what I plan on doing in the dynasty I have him in.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
It is PPR, and trust me I`ve been trying to move Mike Turner for a while, can`t seem to get it done. But I agree the value is in QB, but Sam Bradford or Josh Freeman has been giving me fits for a month. I just can`t decide either way.
then maybe try to move best while his stock is high. his injury issues scare the crap out of me.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
ok, so i now know who is going to be available in my keeper draft. i have the 1st and 4th overall picks. the roster setup is 1 qb, 1 rb, 1 rb/wr, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 flex (any offense). scoring is ppr, bonuses for high yardage totals and long touchdowns. everything else is standard. my roster currently looks like

rb:
te:

so i want to grab 2 rbs with my picks because i'm pretty well off at wr and quarterback. right now i'm leaning towards mark ingram at 1st overall, but beyond that, i don't know. here's the list of best available rb's

cedric benson
fred jackson
mike tolbert
brandon jacobs
marshawn lynch
shonn greene
c.j. spiller
joseph addai
willis mcgahee

Of those backs, Shonn Greene for sure. Mike Tolbert is going to poach a ton of carries in SD too, that coaching staff adores him and its a high octane offense. Plus, Ryan Mathews sucks donkey balls.
Quote:
Old 09-01-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who is the #1 RB for the Texans in week 1? Tate or Ward? I just picked up Ward on the waiver wire. Tate was drafted.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
I concur. Especially if you have a keeper format that will allow you to keep these young RBs for a long time. Stafford + Bradford / Freeman in a start 3QB league is huge. Agree on the WRs, too, though I wouldn't even bother with Colston.

I'd go Bradford and expect the run game to get weaker over the next few years w/SJax hitting his twilight. I love some Freeman, though. Those rushing yards & TDs are always a nice boost.

Moving Best isn't a bad idea, but lots of people are scared of him, too.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

rb:
te:

cedric benson
fred jackson
mike tolbert
brandon jacobs
marshawn lynch
shonn greene
c.j. spiller
joseph addai
willis mcgahee

I'd take Greene as the best of that lot even in ppr. Honestly, though, there has to be a better option for #1 overall. WR or QB . . . hell, I might take a TE over this load of crap.

Which QBs & WRs are available? A good QB will net you way better than any of that trash in trade.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI I am looking for a few DCers to be in a last-minute Yahoo PPR league. Details in my sig!

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post

Brandon Marshall vs. NE
Jeremy Maclin vs. STL
I agree on starting slow with Maclin, though I'm still not sure how accurate the reports were about him losing weight.

NE gives up passing yards like crazy, anyway. So Marshall's the better start. Regardless of how the new DLine plays (Fat Al) the Dolphins will have to put the ball up to keep up.

Quote:
So who is the #1 RB for the Texans in week 1? Tate or Ward? I just picked up Ward on the waiver wire. Tate was drafted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Unsettled still, but I'd go for Tate. The only way we'll know is if Foster misses time, at which point I expect a full-on RBBC with the dreaded "Hot Hand" approach.
Having either can't hurt, though. If Foster misses only one week it may be impossible to guess which guy should be in your lineup, but maybe we find out more over the next 10 days and you have a week one gem stashed.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'd take Greene as the best of that lot even in ppr. Honestly, though, there has to be a better option for #1 overall. WR or QB . . . hell, I might take a TE over this load of crap.

Which QBs & WRs are available? A good QB will net you way better than any of that trash in trade.
well it's 16 teams and each team gets 5 keepers, so there aren't many good options. there's just no point in me taking a qb or wr when i'm already set at both positions. for reference, the best qb available based on last season's scoring is orton and the best wr is santana moss.

edit: right now i kind of have them ranked
1. shonn greene
2. mark ingram
3a. marshawn lynch
3b. mike tolbert

Last edited by sbh15 : 09-01-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
well it's 16 teams and each team gets 5 keepers, so there aren't many good options. there's just no point in me taking a qb or wr when i'm already set at both positions. for reference, the best qb available based on last season's scoring is orton and the best wr is santana moss.

edit: right now i kind of have them ranked
1. shonn greene
2. mark ingram
3a. marshawn lynch
3b. mike tolbert
Ahhh . . . yes, 16 teams will thin the pool pretty quickly.

In that format I can understand why you like Ingram. Long term, high upside pick. I definitely would consider doing it at one and hoping Greene makes it to you, otherwise you'll be fine w/Lynch or Tolbert. Ingram represents the best chance to get a mega stud, ppr RB w/a pass happy offense.

Well, I just talked myself into it. How about you?

lol

Old 09-01-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kellen Winslow or Zach Miller?
Old 09-01-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
oh god, why? lol

Winslow, I guess, even though he's already limping around and we haven't played a real game. Seattle is where receivers go to fade away.

There's probably better upside options.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think I'm going with Marshall for the first week over Maclin. I have a feeling the second I try to play it safe, Maclin goes off.

I'd go with Zach Miller over Winslow but more importantly start looking to trade for a TE.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Freeman/Kyle Orton
Arian Foster/Matt Forte/Tim Hightower/Javon Ringer/Jonathan Stewart
Mike Williams/Dez Bryant/Mike Sims-Walker/Kenny Britt
Rob Gronkowski/Jared Cook
Kicker-Robbie Gould
Defense-Chargers

how did I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Josh Freeman/Kyle Orton
Arian Foster/Matt Forte/Tim Hightower/Javon Ringer/Jonathan Stewart
Mike Williams/Dez Bryant/Mike Sims-Walker/Kenny Britt
Rob Gronkowski/Jared Cook
Kicker-Robbie Gould
Defense-Chargers

how did I do?
Like Freemans' upside
Like ur 1st 3 RBs
Mike & Dez nice WR duo, Sims-Walker could be a good WR2 with Bradford, like Britt as a #2WR
Good TEs but Gronk hasn't done poo this preseason Hernandez is getting the ball a lot in NE. Gronk is the redzone guy though.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Zach Miller, should be the #2 option in Seattle
Old 09-01-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are people thinking about Felix Jones this year? I'm considering reaching a bit for him in the 28/29 spot in my 14 team league as my RB2 if I don't get a guy like Forte or S-Jax to fall...too high to take him or worth a shot?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
What are people thinking about Felix Jones this year? I'm considering reaching a bit for him in the 28/29 spot in my 14 team league as my RB2 if I don't get a guy like Forte or S-Jax to fall...too high to take him or worth a shot?
i'm starting to come around. if you look at the numbers, when he's healthy and gets a full workload, he doesn't fail to produce. i'd definitely take him there in ppr, but find out who to handcuff him with so you don't get screwed by a potential injury.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
FYI I am looking for a few DCers to be in a last-minute Yahoo PPR league. Details in my sig!
I'm in....

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote