Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-25-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a week away from my money league draft. I think I hit a homerun with my newest casual league draft. If my money league draft turns out like this ill be happy...

QB - Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford
RB - Matt Forte, Darren Sproles, Daryl Richardson, Zac Stacy, Michael Bush, Knile Davis
WR - Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Danny Amendola, Tavon Austin
Te:.Jared Cook, Jermaine Gresham
K: Greg Zuehlien
Def: st. louis

I think one of drich or Stacy wins the starting job in st Louis so one of thems going to get 15-20 touches a game. And then I have Forte's backup in case anything happens to him

I really like this team. What do you think?
Old 07-25-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I get some specs on the team so I can better analyze? How many teams in league, what do you start etc...
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Can I get some specs on the team so I can better analyze? How many teams in league, what do you start etc...
Yeah sorry. 12 team league. I drafted 10th.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin at 10 was a great pick.

Forte and Fitz are solid picks.

If you HAVE to start 3 wr I think you're in ok shape (some leagues this year are 3wr 2rb while others are 2wr 2rb and 1flex).

If you can start 3 rbs I think the position is a little weak. You're assuming you'll get a starter caliber out of Richardson, or Stacey which is a fair assumption.

Overall, not a bad team and definitely one that can compete. I don't think the wins will come easy, but they never do in 12 team leagues. I think you'll do well.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I just want to throw it out there that I had a great experience with nfl.com and would highly recommend using them for fantasy football.

A few weeks ago I posted how irritated I was that an owner traded Adrian Peterson for Benjarvus Green-Ellis. The trade went through because most team owners don't visit their team before the season starts.

I contacted NFL.com via email and they reversed the trade and banned them from doing anymore stupid trades. Great experience because it didn't ruin the whole fantasy season for me
Old 07-25-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Calvin at 10 was a great pick.

Forte and Fitz are solid picks.

If you HAVE to start 3 wr I think you're in ok shape (some leagues this year are 3wr 2rb while others are 2wr 2rb and 1flex).

If you can start 3 rbs I think the position is a little weak. You're assuming you'll get a starter caliber out of Richardson, or Stacey which is a fair assumption.

Overall, not a bad team and definitely one that can compete. I don't think the wins will come easy, but they never do in 12 team leagues. I think you'll do well.
it's 2 WRs, 2 RBs and then a flex option (WR, RB or TE) I'd start Amendola at that spot.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I'm a week away from my money league draft. I think I hit a homerun with my newest casual league draft. If my money league draft turns out like this ill be happy...

QB - Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford
RB - Matt Forte, Darren Sproles, Daryl Richardson, Zac Stacy, Michael Bush, Knile Davis
WR - Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Danny Amendola, Tavon Austin
Te:.Jared Cook, Jermaine Gresham
K: Greg Zuehlien
Def: st. louis

I think one of drich or Stacy wins the starting job in st Louis so one of thems going to get 15-20 touches a game. And then I have Forte's backup in case anything happens to him

I really like this team. What do you think?
I think you need more Rams

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
it's 2 WRs, 2 RBs and then a flex option (WR, RB or TE) I'd start Amendola at that spot.
I think it's a fine team, especially if one of those RBs takes the main job.

I'm not a huge Forte fan, but if thats all thats there you could do worse
Old 07-26-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have a keeper league, only get one keeper. Auction League as well, so I have a 200 budget for the draft and here is how my potential keepers play out. Which do you guys think?

CJ Spiller - 17
Alfred Morris 14
Adrian Peterson 59
Calvin Johnson 52
Matt Ryan/Russell Wilson - 30

As you can see I have a very difficult decision only choosing one. I am thinking I will lean towards Morris because he is so cheap and should produce. It will allow me to target other players in the draft. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Have a keeper league, only get one keeper. Auction League as well, so I have a 200 budget for the draft and here is how my potential keepers play out. Which do you guys think?

CJ Spiller - 17
Alfred Morris 14
Adrian Peterson 59
Calvin Johnson 52

As you can see I have a very difficult decision only choosing one. I am thinking I will lean towards Morris because he is so cheap and should produce. It will allow me to target other players in the draft. Thoughts?

I like Alf, but it's hard to turn down CJ Spiller here. I think he can finish as the #1 fantasy RB for the year. But seeing as how budgets are taken into consideration, those would be my two choices. I think Spiller has the higher ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just want to throw it out there that I had a great experience with nfl.com and would highly recommend using them for fantasy football.

A few weeks ago I posted how irritated I was that an owner traded Adrian Peterson for Benjarvus Green-Ellis. The trade went through because most team owners don't visit their team before the season starts.

I contacted NFL.com via email and they reversed the trade and banned them from doing anymore stupid trades. Great experience because it didn't ruin the whole fantasy season for me
Wow nfl.com will reverse trades? That's interesting to say the least, has to be a fine line drawn there. Granted, that trade does make no sense at all just interesting. Was it a public league you just joined? I try to stay away from the leagues where guys don't show up to check ever, or if you email a guy about a trade and you don't hear anything from him all month.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

CJ Spiller - 17
Alfred Morris 14
Adrian Peterson 59
Calvin Johnson 52

I agree with LL. I think Spiller has the upside to light the league up. I don't see that in Morris.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I agree with LL. I think Spiller has the upside to light the league up. I don't see that in Morris.
Injuriezzz is my concern. Higher ceiling, but the guy I just don't see as durable. Plus 8 in the box because QB sucks for Bills this year unless Manuel surprises. Morris has RG3 or Cousins who have shown they can play, defenses will respect them, more running lanes.

It is just the injuries aspect that scares me.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't associate Spiller with injury at all, personally. Your call, though. I'm in agreement with LLvis.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Love him. I just don't see anything preventing that team from forcing Stafford to push 5k yards each year. The run game is weak and they "solved" that with Reggie Bush? The D is terrible and I see no reason to believe they'll do a quick 180. His TD/INT ratio is not great, but he'll blow up plenty and be a nice start b/c of the huge numbers he'll need on a weekly basis.

If he comes cheap, I'd say hell yes.
Yeah I likely will. I just feel like holding Stafford responsible for my subpar season last year. I know the yards will be there but he did not finish top-10 in my league and I'm just trying to find the comfortable middle ground. It wouldn't be a question if I had another keeper slot already, I just get sheepish when it comes to deals. He was part of an elite top-5 two years ago and I will try to roll with him but even with his 40 TD year fresh in mind, I'm not as keen to assume something like 30 TD as mightytitan did, since only ~5 guys a year actually put that up.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:

CJ Spiller - 17
Alfred Morris 14
Adrian Peterson 59
Calvin Johnson 52

I think I'd role with Spiller, I like him just a little more than Morris this year
Old 07-26-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's PPR, Spiller is the no brainer pick. Non-PPR, I still lean Spiller, though you have to consider Morris.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Wow nfl.com will reverse trades? That's interesting to say the least, has to be a fine line drawn there. Granted, that trade does make no sense at all just interesting. Was it a public league you just joined? I try to stay away from the leagues where guys don't show up to check ever, or if you email a guy about a trade and you don't hear anything from him all month.
Evidently they will.. It was an NFL Managed League so I think NFL.com still reserves the right to make sure everything is fair in the league. I've been screwed over so many times in commissioner leagues I have stopped joining those unless I know the person.

I hated to be "that guy", I felt like I was a little kid tattling. I still could have competed with that guy for the championship in my eyes, but he'd have AP, Morris and McCoy at the RB position where I still have a very solid Doug Martin, Chris Johnson and Steven Jackson.

It was a little ticky-tacky reporting the trade to NFL.com, but at the same time it prohibited a major problem in the league that would likely have developed. I just don't understand the point of joining a Free league and cheating.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Injuriezzz is my concern. Higher ceiling, but the guy I just don't see as durable. Plus 8 in the box because QB sucks for Bills this year unless Manuel surprises. Morris has RG3 or Cousins who have shown they can play, defenses will respect them, more running lanes.

It is just the injuries aspect that scares me.
When was Spiller ever injured? I honestly can't even remember the last time he missed a game. And the Bills QB has sucked since forever, including last year. But if you feel Morris is safer not a bad choice, but I'm just not sure why injuries scare you for a guy who is never hurt.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

He never missed a game but was injured late in week 2 or early in week 3 of this season with a shoulder injury. He was able to still play, but you couldnt rely on him for those couple of weeks.

I'm more concerned with the scheme change in Buffalo than his health though
Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

I looked at his injury report for last year and realized because I had him I always saw that he was on the report, which made me nervous for this year. I have a while to decide, we will see how it goes in preseason ;)

Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

You really can't go wrong with either at that price. Spiller is probably going to end up somewhere between 1 and 10 for the RB position, Morris is probably a smaller gap 4-8.

Morris is a little safer. But Spiller adds an out of the backfield threat. Morris is going to get more TDs.

Flip a coin I could go back and forth all day
Old 07-26-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
If it's PPR, Spiller is the no brainer pick. Non-PPR, I still lean Spiller, though you have to consider Morris.
What he said. If its PPR it's easily Spiller. If its non-PPR it's still Spiller.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

There are a few "first round" backs that I'm a little iffy on and it isn't really anything they've done. I just don't know if they can have as good of a year as they did last year.

1. Alfred Morris
2. Trent Richardson

Do you guys think these two can be legit #1 backs for your team?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I really don't worry about Morris because I think he's a pretty safe bet 1200yds and 10 tds. He'll likely exceed those numbers. There's a lot of other backs i'd take over him, but if you're pick 9-12 I don't think you can go wrong.

Richardson is a guy I really like, but the injuries do worry me somewhat so I'd make sure to have a solid guy later who can fill in if an injuries happens. Richardson should get 1400+ yds and 10tds if he stays healthy.

I took Richardson in the 2nd round in my draft, but I had already taken CJ Spiller, picked up Stevan Ridley AND grabbed David Wilson later.