Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-05-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

situation 1 by a long shot for me. lynch and martin in a year this thin on RB is awesome
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, #1 you'll have two of the top 5 backs in fantasy. Even if the rest of your team suffers a little, that should carry you
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1pt PPR who you keeping

Alfred Morris or Maurice Jones-Drew

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, that's a tough one. I think I'd still go Alfred Morris. I'm a big MJD fan and think he will be back to his old self, but just in case he isn't it's better to take the sure thing with Morris.

Morris will offer very little pts from receptions, but he'll get 5+ tds more than MJD.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't trust Shanny running backs. I don't know if I would take Morris in the first round. Whenever I think of Morris I just can't get Orlandis Gary and Mike Anderson out of my head.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

It's hard to trust them, but it's also hard to trust a foot injury. They can just linger so long.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True. I would take Morris over MJD, But Morris is not to be trusted.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thinking about the Brees question. If you guys were in a 12-team league and had a late pick. 6-Points for a passing touchdown....would you guys consider Brees or Rodgers at say 11 or 12?

Which one do you prefer?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Brees is my #1 QB in FF, regardless of format really.

I know he's missing a couple WRs, but I think he will get around 5000 yards and 40tds.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

I know he's missing a couple WRs, but I think he will get around 5000 yards and 40tds.
If you can guarantee me that, I might go Brees with my 1st and then turn around and take a Steven Jackson or Stevan Ridley in the 2nd.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Can't guarantee anything, but he's averaged 4946 yards and 38 tds over the past 5 years. Over the past two he's averaged 5326yds and 44.5 tds.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a few spots left in my 20 man league if interested pm me your email

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Scratch that. A say, Lesean McCoy at 11 or Trent Richardson and then Drew Brees with a 2nd sounds 100% better.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Scratch that. A say, Lesean McCoy at 11 or Trent Richardson and then Drew Brees with a 2nd sounds 100% better.
I'm probably going to go RB/RB/WR/WR then get Matt Ryan in the 5th.

Edit: I wish I could play in a sane league where drafts go like that and Brees and Graham aren't gone in the 1st and Sproles in the 2nd...
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
DrunkenMonkey13
Rookie

DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play in a couple leagues where QBs passing TDs are worth 6 pts, and while it makes the Rodgers and Brees of the world worth bonkers numbers, it makes the next tier QBs worth a lot more too, as long as you think they can get into the 30 TD range.

At that point I think it's smarter to go RB/WR or RB/RB and wait til the 3rd/4th or even the 5th/6th to go QB. I play the QB free fall in general though, so I will always advocate for that. (as long as you're not in my league...)
DrunkenMonkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In each mock draft I've done so far, I like my team much better when I draft 3 RBs in the first 4 rounds. Generally, I like it best going RB/RB/RB.

Also - I have a pair of teams that still haven't accepted the invite in the $100 league I started. Anyone with interest can check out the thread or PM me.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Thinking about the Brees question. If you guys were in a 12-team league and had a late pick. 6-Points for a passing touchdown....would you guys consider Brees or Rodgers at say 11 or 12?

Which one do you prefer?
I took Brees last year at 8 in a keeper league that only scores 4 per TD. Having him (plus Peterson w/my second round pick) was the main reason I won the league. Obviously that is different this year w/more reliable QB options and far more reliable RB options that should go first, but he's a difference maker, either way. I like him better than Rodgers, especially now that the Packers starting LT is done.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
1pt PPR who you keeping

Alfred Morris or Maurice Jones-Drew
Morris. Unless I see a major bounce back from MJD, he's somebody else's bust to draft. Round 3, if he falls. At this point it doesn't sound like we'll see much of him and I just can't trust him with the huge red flags (injury, miles, and situation) he has against him.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

He isn't missing any WRs, actually gained 3 this offseason. Colston, Moore, Toon, Stills, Breaston, Graham should be plenty.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got my first money league draft coming up this Saturday, it's a 10 team league starting 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 D/ST, and 1 K that I've been in the last few years. Should be interesting with the lack of RB depth this year since everyone's going to want to have a RB in that flex spot and seemingly more QB uncertainty than in most years (at least from my perspective). Plus there's a massive drop off at TE after Graham.

Auctions are always pretty fun, have a general feel for what I'd like to do but nothing's set in stone obviously. I tend to value QB's more than most in that league (I really think everyone else undervalues them) and got burned on it last year spending nearly half my budget on 3 QB's trying to bid up a guy I thought was going to go for a lot more, but having consistently good production from that spot has allowed me to be successful the last few years.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
He isn't missing any WRs, actually gained 3 this offseason. Colston, Moore, Toon, Stills, Breaston, Graham should be plenty.
You're right, I was thinking Meachum and Henderson both left this offseason, but only Henderson did.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody not like Lamar Miller for an actual football reason? Not "he hasn't proven it yet" which is what stops people from drafting tons of great picks in a youth-driven league.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Miller, but I'm also tempering my expectations. That offensive line isn't in great shape at this point, and while "he hasn't proven it yet" could just mean he's in line to break out it's a bit more of a concern for somebody who came into the league with some injury issues.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's more that he was gift wrapped the job after not proving a whole lot. if this were something like handing the job to a guy like Ben Tate or Andre Brown i'd be leading the bandwagon.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I don't not like him, but I don't like him as much as others sometimes. He's all over in my fantasy leagues, from round 3 to 8, I start seriously looking at him in round 5 usually.