Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-10-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darren McFadden + Greg Jennings for Chris Johnson. I get Chris. Good trade or bad?

My team is:
QB: Stafford
RB: Ridley, McFadden, Le'Veon Bell, Bernard, DeAngelo Williams, Reggie Bush
WR: Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson, Greg Jennings, Desean Jackson, Kendall Wright
TE: Greg Olsen
K: None
D: Buccaneers

You start 3 WRs, and 2RBs. NO Flex. I have previously traded Big Ben for Reggie Bush, so I have several RBs. Since I can only start 2RBs, I felt upgrading the RB position was my best bet. McFadden may explode, but the injuries concern me. CJ may or may not have a huge year, but he should be healthy and average 10pts a game. Plus if nothing else I can play matchups between CJ, Bush and Le'Veon Bell.

Good trade or bad?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Darren McFadden + Greg Jennings for Chris Johnson. I get Chris. Good trade or bad?

My team is:
QB: Stafford
RB: Ridley, McFadden, Le'Veon Bell, Bernard, DeAngelo Williams, Reggie Bush
WR: Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson, Greg Jennings, Desean Jackson, Kendall Wright
TE: Greg Olsen
K: None
D: Buccaneers

You start 3 WRs, and 2RBs. NO Flex. I have previously traded Big Ben for Reggie Bush, so I have several RBs. Since I can only start 2RBs, I felt upgrading the RB position was my best bet. McFadden may explode, but the injuries concern me. CJ may or may not have a huge year, but he should be healthy and average 10pts a game. Plus if nothing else I can play matchups between CJ, Bush and Le'Veon Bell.

Good trade or bad?
I'd do the deal. I don't trust DMC and I'm not a big fan of Jennings now that he's in Minnesota.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I'd do the deal. I don't trust DMC and I'm not a big fan of Jennings now that he's in Minnesota.
I thought so too, I'm gonna accept it. If I could start a flex It would be tougher to decide, but since I can't I really needed to upgrade RB. I may still try to trade Bell and Bush for a top tier RB if anyone will bite.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lance Moore is our #2 this year. Is he a legit #2 this year? I think he was last year.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Lance Moore is our #2 this year. Is he a legit #2 this year? I think he was last year.
I'd draft him to be a #3 with the hope he could produce #2 production.

I wouldn't wanna come out of the draft with Lance Moore as a #2, but I'd be happy to come out of it with him as a #3 or #4.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks man. That's what I'll probably do.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 08-10-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

No problem, I think he's an under the radar guy to grab if you're needing a #3. I've been grabbing Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones and Vincent Jackson recently in mine, going 3 heavy on WR and hoping to be successful with a RB by committee approach in fantasy.

It should be interesting to say the least
Old 08-11-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had my auction draft yesterday. Ten team league, .5 PPR, standard scoring otherwise. I have a bit of a bye week issue at RB and I typically prefer younger backs, but they were decent buys and I've got till week 9 to figure out the bye week stuff. My WR's are kind of clumped together too, not sure who I'll be starting - decent depth but not much high end talent. Think I can move some of that depth for high end guys or upgrades at other positions once teams start getting dinged up though. I'd prefer a better backup QB situation in a two QB league too, but it is what it is. I think if things go right I could have a shot.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Torrey Smith
WR: Antonio Brown
Flex: Reggie Bush
TE: Jared Cook
K: Blair Walsh
D/ST: Pittsburgh
Bench: Jake Locker, Darryl Richardson, Andre Brown, Eric Decker, Cecil Shorts, T.Y. Hilton

We also had a two round "supplemental" snake draft with guys we have exclusive rights to pick up by late August if we want since the draft was so early. Went with Kendall Hunter (in case of a Gore injury) and Rob Housler (if I decide I'd prefer him to Cook).
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
No problem, I think he's an under the radar guy to grab if you're needing a #3. I've been grabbing Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones and Vincent Jackson recently in mine, going 3 heavy on WR and hoping to be successful with a RB by committee approach in fantasy.

It should be interesting to say the least
i've been thinking about this myself.. can you win playing rbbc with a bunch of guys in rbbc's? you would probably have a pretty stacked roster, it would just come down to picking match-ups with guys like andre brown, gio bernard, vick ballard, etc/
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My goal in fantasy the last handful if years has been the heavy approach with receivers and then the RBBC...it has worked out pretty well for me as I usually roll the dice on a rookie back and then have a consistent but not spectacular veteran back to pair with him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I'm grabbing ty Hilton that's all I know!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i've been thinking about this myself.. can you win playing rbbc with a bunch of guys in rbbc's? you would probably have a pretty stacked roster, it would just come down to picking match-ups with guys like andre brown, gio bernard, vick ballard, etc/
I guess I'll find out this season lol.

On paper, it can work obviously as WRs and RBs are now on a more level playing field where in past years when I started playing FF you had to have an elite RB.

In a league I went Calvin, Julio then Vincent Jackson and my (League #1) RBs are CJ, Ivory, Ball, Mathews, Bernard and DeAngelo Williams. In another with the same WR trio (League #2), I have Stevan Ridley, CJ (via trade), Bell, Bush (via trade), Bernard and DeAngelo Williams.

I've also got a team where I ignored the WR position early, and went RB heavy (League #3) and selected Adrian Peterson, Stevan Ridley and CJ and will try to win with WRBC of Jordy, Colston, Britt, K.Wright and Chris Givens.

Using Yahoo's fantasy projections here are the projected results of each team:
League #1: 10-4
League #2: N/A (Don't currently have a K or D on team, so projected to go 0-14 lol)
League #3: 9-5

Of course there's no surefire way to predict since every league is different
Old 08-11-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I saw an interesting statistic on Calvin Johnson yesterday, it claimed he got tackled on the 1 or 2 yard line prior to scoring a TD 6 times.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just mock'd a team with that strategy.. here's what i ended up with. also wish i had gone drew brees early second over AJ instead of reaching for matt ryan in the early 4th. could have had brees+fitzgerald instead of ryan+green. anyway:

QB: Matt Ryan/Carson Palmer
RB: Le'Veon Bell/Benjarvus Green-Ellis/Andre Brown/Deangelo Williams/Mark Ingram
WR: Calvin Johnson/A.J. Green/Roddy White/Josh Gordon/Golden Tate
TE: Tony Gonzalez/Martellus Bennett
D/ST: Packers
K: Lawrence Tynes

i actually kind of like it...
Old 08-11-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
just mock'd a team with that strategy.. here's what i ended up with. also wish i had gone drew brees early second over AJ instead of reaching for matt ryan in the early 4th. could have had brees+fitzgerald instead of ryan+green. anyway:

QB: Matt Ryan/Carson Palmer
RB: Le'Veon Bell/Benjarvus Green-Ellis/Andre Brown/Deangelo Williams/Mark Ingram
WR: Calvin Johnson/A.J. Green/Roddy White/Josh Gordon/Golden Tate
TE: Tony Gonzalez/Martellus Bennett
D/ST: Packers
K: Lawrence Tynes

i actually kind of like it...
Pretty good team. I guess it somewhat depends on the league i'm using as well. I have yahoo-managed where its a default 3WR, 2RB. The nfl.com are 2WR, 2RB and a flex. Obviously I'm not gonna draft 3 star RBs if I can only start 2 and vise versa, although I would still consider a star RB or WR in the flex
Old 08-11-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which 3 Would you rather have and why?

marshawn lynch, steven ridley, darren mcfadden

or

arian foster, m jones-drew, frank gore
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And which Set of receivers:

Roddy white, jordy nelson, desean jackson, stevie johnson

or

hakeem nicks, mike wallace, miles austin, lance moore
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll_Cat View Post
marshawn lynch, steven ridley, darren mcfadden

or

arian foster, m jones-drew, frank gore
Went back and forth with this one for a while. I think I'd go with Foster, MJD and Gore. Foster is a top 5 fantasy back if he stays healthy and he should be fine come the season. MJD is recovering from injury, but still a very good option. The 49ers will likely be even more run heavy and Gore is an upgrade over McFadden.

I'd take Foster over Lynch. Ridley over MJD and Gore over McFadden.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll_Cat View Post
And which Set of receivers:

Roddy white, jordy nelson, desean jackson, stevie johnson

or

hakeem nicks, mike wallace, miles austin, lance moore
The first one no doubt.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 team league

QB: Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, DeMarco Murray, Eddie Lacy, Deangelo Williams
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Torrey Smith, Lance Moore, Brian Hartline, Malcom Floyd
TE: Brandon Myers, Jordan Cameron
K: Sebastian Janikowski
D/ST: Da Bears

Waddaya think?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
12 team league

QB: Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, DeMarco Murray, Eddie Lacy, Deangelo Williams
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Torrey Smith, Lance Moore, Brian Hartline, Malcom Floyd
TE: Brandon Myers, Jordan Cameron
K: Sebastian Janikowski
D/ST: Da Bears

Waddaya think?
That's a solid squad, nice job!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12-team standard scoring

QB - Tony Romo, Sam Bradford
RB - Ray Rice, CJ Spiller, Steven Jackson, Shane Vereen, Fred Jackson, Ronnie Hillman
WR - Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Chris Givens, Michael Floyd
TE - Owen Daniels
Def - Miami
K - Greg Zuerlein

Did I get away with rape?
Old 08-11-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the hell did you get Raymell and CJ???

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

...and brandon marshall
Old 08-11-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
How the hell did you get Raymell and CJ???
No clue. My brother's friends asked me to play in their league this year. So I didn't know any of the guys in it besides the commish. Didn't know they were complete morons. I almost feel bad.....but it's $500 for the winner so whatever.