Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-14-2013, 03:31 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My big money draft is Saturday so I'm trying to prepare as well. Did 2 mock drafts....12 teamer

Mock 1....

QB: Tom Brady(6)
RB: McCoy(1), McFadden(3), Brown(7), Tate(9), Powell(12), Latavius(16)
WR: Welker(4), Amendola(5), Britt(8), Boldin(10), Givens(11), Randle(13)
TE: Jimmy Graham(2)
Def: Houston(14)
K: Matt Prater(15)

Mock 2....

QB: Tony Romo(7)
RB: McCoy(1), Bernard(5), Ingram(8) Bryce Brown(9), J. Franklin(11), Pead(12), Knile Davis(15), Latavius(16)
WR: Marshall(2), Fitz(3), Welker(4), Givens(10)
TE: Gonzalez(6)
K: Young GZ(13)
Def: Rams(14)
Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holt Bruce do you start 2WR and a flex or 3WR in that league?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really struggling if I pick in the middle of my draft and Peterson/Martin/foster/Charles/Spiller go..could I take Megatron over Ray Rice? Idk...
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Don't ya hate it when that happens lol.

That's my main problem though, since there's no flex position teams are forced to start 3WR so it raises the value of them. When teams can only start 2 RBs, it slightly lowers the value of the position, mostly the depth of the position since most will only need one solid backup for bye weeks/injury rather than where In normal leagues I like to carry 4 good quality backs.

Either way I see myself being weak at either RB2 or WR3, and I am somewhat torn on which is the worst scenario. I can draft two borderline RBs like LeVeon Bell, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, Mcfadden etc and just start whichever one I want each week opposite of a solid RB1. Or I can draft a RB2 like Gore and come back with a weak WR3 and still try to grab 2 guys to compete for that spot.
If it's 2RB and 3WR with no flex then you're best off getting the stud WR early. I only look to go heavy on RB if it's a 3RB start (flex). You should see falling RBs in the 2RB 3WR no flex format. Ultimately, you can still take high upside RBs like Gore, Ridley, Wilson, Richardson 3rd/4th round and later for D.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Just completed my money league draft. 12 team. standard ppr. I picked 12th. Really not sure how I did, but I feel good.

QB - RG3
RB - Lesean McCoy
RB - MJD
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Vincent Jackson
TE - Greg Olsen
Flex - Antonio Brown
Ravens Defense
Steve Hauschka

Bench:
Giovani Bernard
Daryl Richardson
Bernard Pierce
Alshon Jeffrey
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Zach Ertz
Alex Smith

I'm really confident in my starters, but my depth is pretty shaky. I tried to do the RB/RB strategy for my first 2 rounds, but Calvin's value just seemed to good to pass up.
Love this team. Bernard and Richardson are excellent depth. Richardson should be your flex from the start. Jeffrey is a huge upside guy and RGIII can be a top 5 FF scorer if he stays healthy.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anybody have any input on those mocks? I think Mock C was actually the best, If I can get two solid starting RBs and then come back with 2 or 3 solid WRs before grabbing my TEs and QBs I think that's a pretty good strategy. If RBs weren't of value in Round 2 I'd probably grab a WR and come back with my 3rd hoping for Ridley, Forte, S-Jax or Gore.
C for me, too. QB and TE are both higher upside. Wilson does not excite me, but A is still second best due the "glass" factor HB mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm really struggling if I pick in the middle of my draft and Peterson/Martin/foster/Charles/Spiller go..could I take Megatron over Ray Rice? Idk...
Depends on scoring and starting lineup, but I really like McCoy.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I prefer megatron. Rice put up average number last year aside from his td total, which I think Pierce will eat into a little. I think we'll see similar yardage but 5-7 total tds from him this season. I'm only taking him in round 2.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
C for me, too. QB and TE are both higher upside. Wilson does not excite me, but A is still second best due the "glass" factor HB mentioned.

Depends on scoring and starting lineup, but I really like McCoy.
Shady over Megatron?
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 08-14-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Who's the best TE not named Jimmy Graham?

Do you risk it Rob Gronkowski, and maybe have to carry 2 TE's at the beginning of the season but have a very good TE come playoff time.

Do you take the "safe" pick in Witten, but who doesn't get a lot of TDs

Do you take the "upside" pick in Vernon Davis, who finally got on page with Kaepernick in the playoffs and will be one of the 49ers most targeted players due to the loss of Crabtree?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:

Do you risk it Rob Gronkowski, and maybe have to carry 2 TE's at the beginning of the season but have a very good TE come playoff time.

Do you take the "upside" pick in Vernon Davis, who finally got on page with Kaepernick in the playoffs and will be one of the 49ers most targeted players due to the loss of Crabtree?
I take Gronk and sit on a Brandon Meyers until Gronk is ready.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Shady over Megatron?
Yes. Everyone seems to have forgotten how talented Shady is b/c when he was hurt Brown looked good.
Quote:

Gronk, but he'll cost you. Round 4/5, where the other two you mention are costing less. My personal, completely unsubstantiated opinion is that the Pats will not put him on PUP and lose him for 6 games when nothing sounds like his surgery will require that long. 1 or 2 games, at most, and they'll list him as inactive rather than lose their best target for longer than necessary.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I take Gronk and sit on a Brandon Meyers until Gronk is ready.
My biggest problem with Gronk is that he's almost always the 2nd TE taken, and I never know where people will start valuing them. I've had Gronk come off at the end of the 4th or 5th with Davis, Witten and Gonzalez all coming off within the next 10 or so picks.

Let's say I come out of the first 3 rounds with a RB and 2 WR and have a high 4th, do I grab Gronk and wait until the late 5th for a RB/WR or do I grab the RB/WR (if value of course) and hope that Davis/Witten get to me?

I just don't know where to value the TEs because they seem to go quick after the first one of the 2nd tier goes.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes. Everyone seems to have forgotten how talented Shady is b/c when he was hurt Brown looked good.

Gronk, but he'll cost you. Round 4/5, where the other two you mention are costing less. My personal, completely unsubstantiated opinion is that the Pats will not put him on PUP and lose him for 6 games when nothing sounds like his surgery will require that long. 1 or 2 games, at most, and they'll list him as inactive rather than lose their best target for longer than necessary.
I agree, if anything I think he'll miss 2-3 games at the beginning of the season. Is it worth missing out on a Lamar Miller for Gronk
Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree, if anything I think he'll miss 2-3 games at the beginning of the season. Is it worth missing out on a Lamar Miller for Gronk
Yes. The Phins coaches are still saying the RB decision hasn't been made. No writers think Thomas has a chance (I tend to agree) but the fact that Miller hasn't blown away Thomas is troublesome to me. I'd be just as happy with Hillman / Richardson / Bernard later - though preferably Richardson PLUS one of the other guys.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have any thoughts on Brian Quick vs Leonard Hankerson in dynasty (PPR)?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on Brian Quick vs Leonard Hankerson in dynasty (PPR)?
The Rams seem to have tons of young WRs. I'd say Hank has the higher likely hood of remaining relevant but his upside seems limited. I haven't read anything positive about Quick.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
My biggest problem with Gronk is that he's almost always the 2nd TE taken, and I never know where people will start valuing them. I've had Gronk come off at the end of the 4th or 5th with Davis, Witten and Gonzalez all coming off within the next 10 or so picks.

Let's say I come out of the first 3 rounds with a RB and 2 WR and have a high 4th, do I grab Gronk and wait until the late 5th for a RB/WR or do I grab the RB/WR (if value of course) and hope that Davis/Witten get to me?

I just don't know where to value the TEs because they seem to go quick after the first one of the 2nd tier goes.
I'd take Gronk in the 3rd...so yeah take him in the 4th.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Thanks, you two have given me confidence to take Gronk where I was leaning towards Witten/Davis

Well, assuming he's there for me in the 4th
Old 08-14-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trent Richardson numbskull.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Rams seem to have tons of young WRs. I'd say Hank has the higher likely hood of remaining relevant but his upside seems limited. I haven't read anything positive about Quick.
Aye. Apparently Pettis took the starting job from him, so definitely going with Hankerson if he's there.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Trent Richardson numbskull.
I wouldn't take Trent over shady
Old 08-14-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then you'd be wrong.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I'd take Trent over Calvin, too. There are too few 3 down RBs now. Round one has to be one of those studs.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I'm in a PPR. Shady benefits me more.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 08-14-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I really like Richardson, I do slightly downgrade him due to injury concerns though.

Depending on where I pick, I'm probably going McCoy with hopes of still grabbing Richardson in round 2. Rich seems to go around 10-14 in most of my leagues
Old 08-14-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm in a PPR. Shady benefits me more.
They'll be on par, but I agree with MT9. Taking McCoy first gives you a shot at both. Don't forget Norv is in town in Cleveland, now.