Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-14-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
No idea, dude can boom it from 67. if not farther, and Fisher isn't afraid to send him out there from any distance.
I have him in half my leagues right now. I just don't understand it until i'm proven wrong. The Rams offense should be better, but he'll still get a lot of chances to boom some. It's still a Jeff Fisher coached team, they like to move the ball and stall in the redzone. Bironas had like 8 FGs in a game once.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I have him in half my leagues right now. I just don't understand it until i'm proven wrong. The Rams offense should be better, but he'll still get a lot of chances to boom some. It's still a Jeff Fisher coached team, they like to move the ball and stall in the redzone. Bironas had like 8 FGs in a game once.
lmao.

Bironas was a stud. Not only would he get 6 attempts per game, half of them would be 50+

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
lmao.

Bironas was a stud. Not only would he get 6 attempts per game, half of them would be 50+
Should it be the same thing this year? Blair Walsh was awesome for me last year.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Should it be the same thing this year? Blair Walsh was awesome for me last year.
Dome kickers are the best. I still like Walsh (had him last year, too) but think these guys are right that Z has to be a top target. You know, as much as any K can be.

EDIT: If you mean will Bironas be a stud . . . I like him this year, as I really expect their offense to be decent again. The addition of Levitre and Warmack can't be overlooked. They blew holes open and even Shonne Greene looked fleet of foot in their first game.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Walsh and Bironas both. I think the Titans will move the ball with the run game, but still struggle once they get inside the 35, so Bironas will get a lot of 40+ yards FGs IMO.

I usually just try to get a good kicker in the last round or in FA in the draft (I don't draft a kicker a lot of the time), then after 3-4 weeks analyze the ones out there and pick one up if theyre better than who i have.

If im drafting one, i try to take them with late byes, same as Defenses because i usually don't carry two
Old 08-14-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

How much do you factor in bye weeks? Obviously I dont want my whole team on bye, but I'm ok with a couple being on bye the same week, even if it's the same position. If someone is real close in my rankings it may be the deciding factor, but never do I abandon my rankings for it unless it's a backup that has the same as a starter
Old 08-14-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

never care about bye weeks at all idiot.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So some people in my 15 team league are bitching about wanting a redraft. Is that not the most ******* ridiculous thing you've heard in regards to fantasy?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
So some people in my 15 team league are bitching about wanting a redraft. Is that not the most ******* ridiculous thing you've heard in regards to fantasy?
I'd laugh in their faces. Seriously.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
probably because you have 15 teams
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
whys do they want a redraft?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The commissioner is saying he's trying to rectify a situation. Apparently he didn't do a good enough job informing people of the draft time and date. Yet we had 10/15 at our draft party and 14/15 were in the online draft room.

So it pretty much sounds like a bunch of people are whining about the ****** teams that they drafted and now want a do-over.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Pretty ridiculous.

I know I thought about a redraft last season as commish of one league, but it was because somebody dropped out literally last 2nd, which made an odd # of teams and therefore the draft got delayed. Well another person joined and it ended up drafting 2 hours later than it was originally scheduled so many people were no longer there.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:30 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone have good links to predraft websites? This is my 3rd year doing fantasy, but I'm getting more serious about it than in the past. And tried and true formulas? The same guy has won our league the first two years...since I have known him since 4th grade and we are great friends (and I admit he knows a lot more about fantasy than I do) I would really like to kick his ass this year.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:42 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Does anyone have good links to predraft websites? This is my 3rd year doing fantasy, but I'm getting more serious about it than in the past. And tried and true formulas? The same guy has won our league the first two years...since I have known him since 4th grade and we are great friends (and I admit he knows a lot more about fantasy than I do) I would really like to kick his ass this year.
FFToolbox.com is the one I use. You can register and put in your league's scoring settings, and it'll change the rankings based on that.. I've been using it for a few years now.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:56 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has everyone jumped on Tyler Eifert's bandwagon just because of one episode on hard knocks?

Seems like there's a billion people now saying "oh man I really think Eifert is gonna be a huge sleeper!!!!" recently.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:11 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
FFToolbox.com is the one I use. You can register and put in your league's scoring settings, and it'll change the rankings based on that.. I've been using it for a few years now.
Calvin over AP? interesting.

And my scoring system moves Brees from 21 to 13. That's interesting. **** I'll be addicted to this now. And mock drafts? yep i'm getting nothing done for a few days

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 08-15-2013 at 03:17 AM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by predraft sites, but there are tons of great fantasy sites that give player info, strategy tips, draft tips, rankings and just about everything else under the sun.

FFToolbox was mentioned. Footballguys.com. KFFL.com. FFtoday.com.

Many have email newletters you can subscribe to and/or RSS, twitter, etc. I love the daily email from FBG, personally. I get to work, pour some coffee and go all office space on that ****. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Has everyone jumped on Tyler Eifert's bandwagon just because of one episode on hard knocks?

Seems like there's a billion people now saying "oh man I really think Eifert is gonna be a huge sleeper!!!!" recently.
I've been high on him since they drafted him. I think Gresham is a gator armed, mediocre target and isn't likely to be resigned after next year. Eifert is looking like the pass catching TE to Gresh's in-line TE, which is why everyone is on his jock.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I like Eifert, but I don't see him producing TE1 numbers if thats what you're looking for. He will likely be a nice bye week replacement, but I only carry 1 TE most of the time so I wouldn't draft him
Old 08-15-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I like Eifert, but I don't see him producing TE1 numbers if thats what you're looking for. He will likely be a nice bye week replacement, but I only carry 1 TE most of the time so I wouldn't draft him
Agreed. He's a very good keeper stash and a great dynasty pickup. But I don't see TE1 numbers this year. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he is a solid play in the second half of the year. He has the situation and skill set to be a guy you never drop after adding him for a bye week.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys! I'm in a keeper league and I had question since this is my first ever keeper league. If I keep Mike Wallace he becomes my 2nd round pick because he was last year's third. Is he worth it? Everything I've read online from various fantasy sites say he'll tear it up this year. I can keep my first pick if I forfeit my 1st rounder and my 10th round pick who was Aaron Rodgers. Is it also wise to keep him?

For what it's worth I will be keeping James Jones
Old 08-15-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
Hey guys! I'm in a keeper league and I had question since this is my first ever keeper league. If I keep Mike Wallace he becomes my 2nd round pick because he was last year's third. Is he worth it? Everything I've read online from various fantasy sites say he'll tear it up this year. I can keep my first pick if I forfeit my 1st rounder and my 10th round pick who was Aaron Rodgers. Is it also wise to keep him?

NSIS . . .

That "keep 1st if I forfeit my 1st" is rather unclear. If you can keep Rodgers for a 10th, Keep Rodgers. He's a first round pick so he is a huge bargain in the 10th. Please clear that up and I can reconsider.

Don't keep Wallace. He's a 4th round pick (at best) this year. Even with keepers he's not worth a second round pick.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post

I wouldn't keep either of those players. Wallace is a good 4th or 5th rd pick this year and the QB class is deep. I'd throw them both back in the pool if I were you.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
NSIS . . .

That "keep 1st if I forfeit my 1st" is rather unclear. If you can keep Rodgers for a 10th, Keep Rodgers. He's a first round pick so he is a huge bargain in the 10th. Please clear that up and I can reconsider.

Don't keep Wallace. He's a 4th round pick (at best) this year. Even with keepers he's not worth a second round pick.
I read it as he gives up his 1st and 10th rd picks to keep Rodgers.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Dolphins fan and I echo the don't keep Wallace sentiment. I think Rodgers depends on what pick it is, if you are saying you are 10th overall, I'd consider keeping him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote