Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-15-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the tips guys...I'm off to do some research:-)
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting nervous. We draft Saturday and it's only my second year..I've learned a lot from you guys though.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I read it as he gives up his 1st and 10th rd picks to keep Rodgers.
Re-reading it and I think you're right. Pass on keeping Rodgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm getting nervous. We draft Saturday and it's only my second year..I've learned a lot from you guys though.
You'll do great! Just make sure you secure your kicker early.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

you know how we do!

#russellerxleben
Old 08-15-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I like to carry 3 or 4 kickers and get them early so I have the best, you know, just in case
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just did a mock at #10 that was fantastic

QB: Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson
RB: Trent Richardson, Alfred Morris, Montee Ball, Shonn Greene
WR: Randall Cobb, Vincent Jackson, Jordy Nelson, Kenny Britt, Lance Moore, Josh Gordon
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Justin Tucker
D: Pittsburgh

Too bad that would never happen in a real draft
Old 08-15-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd forfeit my 1st round pick (6th overall) and my 10th round pick to keep A Rod
Old 08-15-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you like between Dez Bryant, AJ Green, and Julio Jones, and why?

Frank Gore, Reggie Bush, or Leveon Bell?

Last edited by stlouisfan37 : 08-15-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
I'd forfeit my 1st round pick (6th overall) and my 10th round pick to keep A Rod
Not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Who do you like between Dez Bryant and AJ Green, and why?

Dez. It actually sounds like he has his ish together. I like Cincy's D better and think they'll run more offensively than the Cowboys. Overall, I think Dez will have the better situation with a coach that doesn't run the ball, a DST in transition and enough weapons around him that teams can't double him every play like they'll do to AJ.

I'm not sure you'll necessarily have to choose between those 3 RBs. Bush = 2nd round, Gore = 3rd and Bell = 4th. There's always a variance, but if you pick mid round you could easily be able to get all 3.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Green because he's awesome. Frank Gore only slightly over Bell in standard, but I have them ranked pretty close. if it's a keeper/dynasty, Bell in a land slide. in PPR, Bush.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:

Dez/Bush

Why? CAUSE
Old 08-15-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm doing a mock draft right now and 7/12 teams have drafted a kicker by the end of the 12th round.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Hey that's just more sleepers falling your way Jack.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Eddie Lacy or Gio Bernard?
Old 08-15-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I take Dez, I think he gets more Tds and he was playing lights out last season. Then I go AJ he should still lead the target category. Eifert will open up the field some as will Bernard. Last is Julio simply because he has Roddy on the same team, I just can't bring myself to invest that in a WR1 when he's not a #1 on his team for that I'd go the other two because they don't have the same competition. I had Jones last season and he was pretty inconsistent as well.

RBs I'm going Gore, Bush, Bell. Gore is still the 9ers top back until proven otherwise, he'll get big points once again. Bush won't get tons of rushing stats, but I'd expect 1300-1600 total offensive yards, and he'll get a fair share of tds too. Bell should do well, but I'd rather take ones that are a little more proven than a rookie if i had the choice
Old 08-15-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'm doing a mock draft right now and 7/12 teams have drafted a kicker by the end of the 12th round.
Are they actually still there or did they leave? Once people leave it seems like the first thing the computer does it take a kicker
Old 08-15-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Hey that's just more sleepers falling your way Jack.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
I just like lacy more.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Not worth it.

Dez. It actually sounds like he has his ish together. I like Cincy's D better and think they'll run more offensively than the Cowboys. Overall, I think Dez will have the better situation with a coach that doesn't run the ball, a DST in transition and enough weapons around him that teams can't double him every play like they'll do to AJ.

I'm not sure you'll necessarily have to choose between those 3 RBs. Bush = 2nd round, Gore = 3rd and Bell = 4th. There's always a variance, but if you pick mid round you could easily be able to get all 3.
That's kind of the direction I was leaning as well. My thought for Green was the fact that they still haven't solidified a solid #2 on the other side, and he gets a lot of targets.

Also, I was wondering where Brandon Marshall fits in the mix?

I am targeting a back in the 3rd with #33. I am finding that (in mock drafts) Gore is still there 50/50, Bush is there 80% of the time, and Bell is always available. With my 4th rounder (48) they are all gone every time.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gio. plenty of opportunity whether its rushes or catches. Lacy, even if he emerges from that mess in GB's backfield, will still be limited by the Pack offense
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If your league is PPR, Brandon Marshall fits into the mix rather highly, I think he's probably my number 2 receiver for PPR (after Megatron). If not PPR, I'd slot him under Megatron, Dez, Green, and Julio and around on par with Fitz.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I won't even play unless there's money on the line these days. It's far too irritating to see the stupid stuff that comes with inexperience and/or apathy. Bye week guys in lineups, early kickers/DST, bad trades, teams abandoned . . . no thanks.

Quote:
Gio.

Everyone likes to comment about how long it's been since the Packers had a 100 yard rusher. None of them seem to bother mentioning that it isn't necessarily b/c of the RBs they've had.

The Bengals will run plenty and Gio only has to be better than BJGE. As much as I love me some Lawfirm, he's JAG.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Marshall is a big question for me as well, I've seen him go anywhere from the 2nd WR taken (in re-draft no PPR) to the 5th.

Is there really much of a difference between Dez, AJ, Marshall, Julio?
Old 08-15-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Thanks for all your tips guys.

I am seeing Ronnie Hillman fall consistently, as well as Montee Ball. Is this a case of the committee being such that neither guy will be super productive?
Old 08-15-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
If your league is PPR, Brandon Marshall fits into the mix rather highly, I think he's probably my number 2 receiver for PPR (after Megatron). If not PPR, I'd slot him under Megatron, Dez, Green, and Julio and around on par with Fitz.
Yes, it's PPR, not a keeper league. I like Marshall a lot. Last year he only had a couple of games where he had less that 5 catches.

Allright, another scenario...Roddy White or Andre Johnson? Pick #28.