Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-15-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Matthews is looking good...where should i take him?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Ryan Mathews has the potential to be ea top 10 fantasy back. But he's so god damn injury prone. I wouldn't take him till the 5th or 6th in a 12 team league. And that's the very earliest.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
How desperate are you? lol.

Just depends on your roster, if you're a risk taker 6th round. If you're conservative 9th. If you just wanna play it somewhere between I'd go 7th or 8th.

I'd love to grab him as a flex in the 7th or 8th personally. I could rely on him as a RB2 if I stocked other positions and would try to grab another one to go RBBC for RB2
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan Cameron looking good
Old 08-15-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Who would you take as a late round guy....him or Zudfeld?
Old 08-15-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Going to steal him from my buddy in the draft. Can't wait.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I have my draft this weekend. First year We're having it before the 3rd preseason games. I'm not really a fan of this.

With Rivers not having anyone to throw to. Is Gates' targets gonna go up?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Who would you take as a late round guy....him or Zudfeld?

Cameron, he's #1 and there's nobody really to take the job
Old 08-15-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very intigued by the browns offense. Curious to see what they look like when nfln replays the game. Turner is a stud oc & weeden has thrown some great balls in two games now. There could be ff gold in cameron and weeden this year. At very low cost it cant hurt to add them to you final round flier list if they dont pick up too much steam on the draft boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I am consistently pulling the following draft in my ten team mock, in this order. This is for a PPR, non-keeper league, and I have pick #8.

CJ Spiller
Brandon Marshall
Andre Johnson
Frank Gore
Eric Decker
Jason Witten
Giovanni Bernard
TY Hilton
Tony Romo
Daryl Richardson
Chris Givens
Cleveland defense
Greg Zuerlein
Justin Blackmon
Sam Bradford

Would you be happy with this team? Any spots where you think you could make a better pick at the same position?
I like this team alot. I dont love decke in the fifth. I would much rather have garcon, nicks, antonio brown, or steve smith - basically a #1 for their team instead of a likely #3. I think hiltoncould overtake him in your lineup, tbh. Unless u get a top dst it shoul be a round 14 or 15 selection. Overall tho I think you drafted an excellent team.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Cameron, he's #1 and there's nobody really to take the job
When? 11th or 12th round?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
When? 11th or 12th round?
Tough call, It just depends how much you wanna risk someone else grabbing him or not. I'd say the 11th or 12th would be fine
Old 08-15-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I was interested to see how the Browns did today versus the Lions, cuz according to Joe Thomas on their week one opponent....

Quote:
"They were about as vanilla as you possibly could be last week, so it wasn’t a challenge at all figuring what we needed to do because they just stood there for us,'' Thomas said. "We're going to be playing a few more snaps than we did last time and we're going to see a little more complex defense."
Old 08-15-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the real question is housler vs cameron
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Alright, did my last mock draft of the season. 12-teamer.

QB: Tony Romo
RB: Trent Richardson, Darren McFadden, Reggie Bush, Ben Tate, Ronnie Hillman, Pierre Thomas, Dion Lewis
WR: AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Brian Hartline, Justin Blackmon
TE: Tony Gonzalez, Jared Cook
Def: Dolphins
K: Steven Hauschka

I like it! I like McFadden at where he's slipping in most drafts, I just hate not knowing who exactly his handcuff is. I think eventually it'll be Latavius.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have pick 11 in my 14 team league (standard scoring, no PPR). I'll be going best RB available at that spot, but not sure about the second at 18. Could have Matt Forte available, if he's not and I want to go RB it'll probably end up being Ridley. But I could have Jimmy Graham available and go RB in the third, though that hurts WR depth a bit. Or I could go with a Brandon Marshall or something along those lines at 18.

Big question is whether I'm going to go all WR or RB in the first 5 rounds or I slip a TE (Graham in the 2nd, Gronk in the 4th or 5th if either is available in one of those spots) in there somewhere. Probably would just mean I'd have to wait till the 7th at the earliest to go QB and take my third WR in the 6th, which wouldn't be the worst thing.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have no experience with a 14 team draft but i'd shoot for something like this in your position.. 1 - calvin johnson, 2 - matt forte, 3 - best WR available, 4 - le'veon bell/lamar miller
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Have pick 11 in my 14 team league (standard scoring, no PPR). I'll be going best RB available at that spot, but not sure about the second at 18. Could have Matt Forte available, if he's not and I want to go RB it'll probably end up being Ridley. But I could have Jimmy Graham available and go RB in the third, though that hurts WR depth a bit. Or I could go with a Brandon Marshall or something along those lines at 18.

Big question is whether I'm going to go all WR or RB in the first 5 rounds or I slip a TE (Graham in the 2nd, Gronk in the 4th or 5th if either is available in one of those spots) in there somewhere. Probably would just mean I'd have to wait till the 7th at the earliest to go QB and take my third WR in the 6th, which wouldn't be the worst thing.
No experience (this season) at a 14 team league. However, I think I'd go RB @ 11. The 2nd round is where it gets tough, you've got Ridley, Forte, CJ @ RB and Marshall, Julio etc at WR.

If you go RB you're probably going to miss the top WRs (i consider a big decline after Fitz, Andre, V-Jax & Cobb). But if you go WR you're gonna miss out on even MJD and maybe even Gore. So you'd likely end up with a Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, or maybe even Bell.

I'd stay away from TE until at least round 5. I think that's a luxury you can't afford in a 14 team league because RB and WR will be so depleted by the time you draft if you do.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, I stand by Lesean McCoy as having a huge fantasy football year.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I need to know if Gronk is going to play week 1 or not. Why is his injury so hush hush? ****! Just tell me if he's alive.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 08-16-2013 at 12:23 AM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I am very intigued by the browns offense. Curious to see what they look like when nfln replays the game. Turner is a stud oc & weeden has thrown some great balls in two games now. There could be ff gold in cameron and weeden this year. At very low cost it cant hurt to add them to you final round flier list if they dont pick up too much steam on the draft boards.

I like this team alot. I dont love decke in the fifth. I would much rather have garcon, nicks, antonio brown, or steve smith - basically a #1 for their team instead of a likely #3. I think hiltoncould overtake him in your lineup, tbh. Unless u get a top dst it shoul be a round 14 or 15 selection. Overall tho I think you drafted an excellent team.
Thanks for the insight. I'll be honest...I hadn't taken notice of Steve Smith hiding in there. He would almost certainly be there at #48.

As for Nicks, never again. He never plays a full season, and even when he does play, he never seems to be at full strength. Last year I was lucky enough to trade him for Alfred Morris mid-season just when he was "healthy" again. To me, he is the WR version of Bob Sanders.

I did take a look at Brown and Garcon, but they didn't have great numbers last year with so much opportunity. And I keep seeing a "13" in the touchdown column for Decker. But I'm thinking you're right...that 85/1064/13 could easily get cut in half this year, especially if Welker busts out with another C-note.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I need to know if Gronk is going to play week 1 or not. Why is his injury so hush hush? ****! Just tell me if he's alive.
I hear ya. He has been there in the 6th-8th rounds in my mocks, and usually falling below his ranking (he is #69 on Yahoo). I have been tempted to pick him, but I find myself listening to my intuition...not saying I'm right, but my gut tells me his injury is much more complicated than we have been led to believe.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

The thing about Antonio Brown that I love is that he gets targeted a TON. 106 targets in 13 games. You calculate that through a 16 game season and that's roughly 130 targets in a season. Which would put him in the top 16 in Wide receiver targets.

And that's with Mike Wallace on the team. He's going to be a solid #2, great #3.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I hear ya. He has been there in the 6th-8th rounds in my mocks, and usually falling below his ranking (he is #69 on Yahoo). I have been tempted to pick him, but I find myself listening to my intuition...not saying I'm right, but my gut tells me his injury is much more complicated than we have been led to believe.
In round 6, I take him and run around my street naked. he's roughly going in round 4 in most ones I've been involved in.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Alright, did my last mock draft of the season. 12-teamer.

QB: Tony Romo
RB: Trent Richardson, Darren McFadden, Reggie Bush, Ben Tate, Ronnie Hillman, Pierre Thomas, Dion Lewis
WR: AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Brian Hartline, Justin Blackmon
TE: Tony Gonzalez, Jared Cook
Def: Dolphins
K: Steven Hauschka

I like it! I like McFadden at where he's slipping in most drafts, I just hate not knowing who exactly his handcuff is. I think eventually it'll be Latavius.
I like your draft as well. Blackmon may be quite a steal; he did really well for me last year, and he will scare a lot of people away with his suspension. And Dion Lewis has looked electric in both games from what I have seen. He could do a lot of what Cribbs was doing there.

One thing I have discovered through these mock drafts (although I'm sure it isn't breaking news for anyone with a lot of experience in fantasy) is that it is really important to pay attention to who is usually on the board when a certain pick comes along, and not pay attention to players who are highly likely to go during my long break between picks. If I get a surprise fall, that's a bonus. And there are a couple of players that I am willing to reach for; Witten I have been taking at #53 because he won't still be there at #68. Hilton I have been grabbing at #73 because he is a really hot name this year.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
In round 6, I take him and run around my street naked. he's roughly going in round 4 in most ones I've been involved in.
I have been doing 10 team mocks...4 less picks per round...my bad