Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-16-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I am very intigued by the browns offense. Curious to see what they look like when nfln replays the game. Turner is a stud oc & weeden has thrown some great balls in two games now. There could be ff gold in cameron and weeden this year. At very low cost it cant hurt to add them to you final round flier list if they dont pick up too much steam on the draft boards.

I like this team alot. I dont love decke in the fifth. I would much rather have garcon, nicks, antonio brown, or steve smith - basically a #1 for their team instead of a likely #3. I think hiltoncould overtake him in your lineup, tbh. Unless u get a top dst it shoul be a round 14 or 15 selection. Overall tho I think you drafted an excellent team.
One more thing, regarding DST...I have considered that I was taking these teams too high, but at what point do you worry that you will miss out? Even though Cleveland and St. Louis haven't been synonymous with great defense in recent years, the Rams led the league in sacks last year, while Cleveland is really talented and I think Horton will have them playing really well. Kinda makes me think there will be a lot of people looking at them as sleepers. Or does it take a year or two before that will trickle into the fantasy world?
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Have pick 11 in my 14 team league (standard scoring, no PPR). I'll be going best RB available at that spot, but not sure about the second at 18. Could have Matt Forte available, if he's not and I want to go RB it'll probably end up being Ridley. But I could have Jimmy Graham available and go RB in the third, though that hurts WR depth a bit. Or I could go with a Brandon Marshall or something along those lines at 18.

Big question is whether I'm going to go all WR or RB in the first 5 rounds or I slip a TE (Graham in the 2nd, Gronk in the 4th or 5th if either is available in one of those spots) in there somewhere. Probably would just mean I'd have to wait till the 7th at the earliest to go QB and take my third WR in the 6th, which wouldn't be the worst thing.
Snag RBs early early early. This should be true for all drafts, but I did a 14 team and the pickings get slim towards the end.

I ended up with Morris (1), Ridley (2), Murray (3), DLo and Gio. Still was able to snag Jordy, Torrey Smith, Desean and Blackmon as my WRs.

Those RBs will go fast though, so watch out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:13 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching Atlanta march down the field against the Ravens tonight I just had the feeling like Julio Jones is becoming a man among boys. I am considering taking him at #13 over Dez, AJ and Marshall. Anyone else feel this way about him? It would be an especially deadly combination if Megatron falls to me at #8, which has happened in my mocks quite a few times. In one of my mocks today I was able to take Megatron/Julio/Andre Johnson/Gore/David Wilson/Witten/Seattle/Romo with my top 8 picks. It looked awfully pretty:-)

Last edited by stlouisfan37 : 08-16-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:25 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

LaRod Stephens-Howling looked great tonight from what I saw. The Steelers appear determined to get the running game firing again. This will bode well for LeVeon Bell if he can get and stay healthy.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:08 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darren McFadden in round 3.
DeMarco Murray in round 3.
Ryan Mathews in round 5.

Which one do you take? or do you stay away from all three? I'm actually leaning toward Mathews. And this might be a ******** way of thinking but I think I can still get some fantasy value if Mathews goes down out of Woodhead for a few weeks. Rather than if McFadden or Murray go down I don't really know if im going to get any production out of their backups.

Mathews in round 5 and Woodhead in round 12 or 13 is solid IMO.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:57 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Darren McFadden in round 3.
DeMarco Murray in round 3.
Ryan Mathews in round 5.

Which one do you take? or do you stay away from all three? I'm actually leaning toward Mathews. And this might be a ******** way of thinking but I think I can still get some fantasy value if Mathews goes down out of Woodhead for a few weeks. Rather than if McFadden or Murray go down I don't really know if im going to get any production out of their backups.

Mathews in round 5 and Woodhead in round 12 or 13 is solid IMO.
My initial answer is...David Wilson. I think he will become the guy there and he has the explosion and toughness to not only grind out the tough yards but also have a few long runs as well. Even in a 12 team league you should be able to get him in the late 3rd or 4th round. All three of the guys you mentioned will fail to play 16 games this year, IMHO.

I also like Gio Bernard. Word is that he will emerge as the starter sooner rather than later, and he is fabulous in the passing game. I'm higher on him than I am on Lacy or Franklin, as far as rookies go. Solid 5th rounder.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
No experience (this season) at a 14 team league. However, I think I'd go RB @ 11. The 2nd round is where it gets tough, you've got Ridley, Forte, CJ @ RB and Marshall, Julio etc at WR.

If you go RB you're probably going to miss the top WRs (i consider a big decline after Fitz, Andre, V-Jax & Cobb). But if you go WR you're gonna miss out on even MJD and maybe even Gore. So you'd likely end up with a Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, or maybe even Bell.

I'd stay away from TE until at least round 5. I think that's a luxury you can't afford in a 14 team league because RB and WR will be so depleted by the time you draft if you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Snag RBs early early early. This should be true for all drafts, but I did a 14 team and the pickings get slim towards the end.

I ended up with Morris (1), Ridley (2), Murray (3), DLo and Gio. Still was able to snag Jordy, Torrey Smith, Desean and Blackmon as my WRs.

Those RBs will go fast though, so watch out.
Thanks for the input guys. I've historically done pretty well in this league going RB's and WR's early, and I think you guys are right and I shouldn't toy with that. If I can get starters in the first 5 rounds there and someone like Romo in the 6th that should give me a solid lineup.

We only start two RB's in this league, so I don't need to draft one with my first 3 picks though I would like solid depth. What I've found is what mightytitan is saying, if I don't go WR in the second I won't be able to nab a top guy in the third - maybe like Reggie Wayne or Hakeem Nicks. But there will be some decent RB2 options available in the third - someone out of Gore/Bush/Miller/Bell/Wilson/Murray/McFadden should be there.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
After watching Atlanta march down the field against the Ravens tonight I just had the feeling like Julio Jones is becoming a man among boys. I am considering taking him at #13 over Dez, AJ and Marshall. Anyone else feel this way about him? It would be an especially deadly combination if Megatron falls to me at #8, which has happened in my mocks quite a few times. In one of my mocks today I was able to take Megatron/Julio/Andre Johnson/Gore/David Wilson/Witten/Seattle/Romo with my top 8 picks. It looked awfully pretty:-)
I have Julio #4 behind Calvin, Dez, and A.J. I think Dez could push Calvin for the #1 WR spot this year. He is set to explode, IMO. I don't really like A.J. more than Julio, but I like A.J.'s situation better. He is clearly the man in Cincy. Julio still has Roddy and Tony G to contend with when it comes to numbers of targets and SJax could see a lot of work as well.

I've done a couple of 12 team mocks over at yahoo recently. Picked 9th both times, it's my favorite spot to draft from this year. I'll post my 1st 8 picks from both mocks, as people tend to leave after that and the computer picks a d and k for those teams, usually.

McCoy, Dez, Cobb, McFadden, Gronk, Gio, Jennings, Gordon
Calvin, A.J., Bush, McFadden, Gronk, Mathews, Gordon, Russ Wilson

I've never owned McFadden in any league but I like him best of what's left in the 4th. I'll take Gronk all day in the 5th. I have no idea when others would select him in these mocks, but there is no way I'll let him slide past the 5th. In the 1st draft QBs went like crazy, so I waited and took Palmer and Bradford late. Not what I'd hope for, I'd rather have Stafford or Romo in the 7th or 8th. I was surprised that Russell fell to the 8th in the 2nd draft. I think I like the 1st mock better. Taking the best RB left in rd 1 then grabbing a top WR in rd 2. Followed by best RB/WR in rds 3 and 4. In the 2nd mock, TRich was still available but I wanted to see what would happen if I went Calvin 1st. I could have then took Forte in rd 2 but decided to go stud WR heavy at the beginning.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 08-16-2013 at 09:28 AM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post

Yep, I stand by Lesean McCoy as having a huge fantasy football year.
I watched that play last night and thought the same thing. I will beat that drum until people go deaf. Bryce looked excellent but everyone seems to have forgotten that McCoy is well beyond excellent. Mega elite talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I need to know if Gronk is going to play week 1 or not. Why is his injury so hush hush? ****! Just tell me if he's alive.
I took him @ 4.04 recently and am in a draft right now where I'm hoping he'll fall to 5.08 for me. Take him. My prediction is still a max of two missed games. It could be zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Thanks for the insight. I'll be honest...I hadn't taken notice of Steve Smith hiding in there. He would almost certainly be there at #48.

As for Nicks, never again. He never plays a full season, and even when he does play, he never seems to be at full strength. Last year I was lucky enough to trade him for Alfred Morris mid-season just when he was "healthy" again. To me, he is the WR version of Bob Sanders.

I did take a look at Brown and Garcon, but they didn't have great numbers last year with so much opportunity. And I keep seeing a "13" in the touchdown column for Decker. But I'm thinking you're right...that 85/1064/13 could easily get cut in half this year, especially if Welker busts out with another C-note.
Garcon was injured and missed half the season. He looked tremendous and is sliding b/c people are scared of his injury and RGIII's injury. But you get the idea, so pick the guy you like. There are "safer" options there than Decker.

As for the Dez v. Julio question - pick the guy you like best. They are both stud talents with great situations.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think would be a good price for TY Hilton in auction keeper league? Say out of 100. Not something I'm willing to go crazy about, but someone I might be able to fit in before the draft. Just wondering if it's worth it to take the hit on my budget before bidding starts.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
What do you guys think would be a good price for TY Hilton in auction keeper league? Say out of 100. Not something I'm willing to go crazy about, but someone I might be able to fit in before the draft. Just wondering if it's worth it to take the hit on my budget before bidding starts.
Are you asking about keeping him?

He is a 3-6 dollar guy if you've got a $100 budget. You'd have to really covet him to pay $6, though he's definitely a riser. However, if you can keep him long term then he's definitely worth $6.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

I took him @ 4.04 recently and am in a draft right now where I'm hoping he'll fall to 5.08 for me. Take him. My prediction is still a max of two missed games. It could be zero.
. . . and Gronk just got sniped at 5.05. I has a sad.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post

Yep, I stand by Lesean McCoy as having a huge fantasy football year.
I'm just glad to see the Panthers shored up their run defense
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be keeping him, yeah, and I could do so for a few years if I wanted. I'm not much for stashing guys unless I think they'll be huge, it's not the deepest league, but I have the option of Hilton for $5. Could also do Kendall Wright for a buck, apparently. I'm pretty unfamiliar with my team, we're getting a later start on this than usual.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I'm just glad to see the Panthers shored up their run defense
The panthers have too much $$$ invested in their own "rushing attack" to afford players that can defend the run.

Still, joystick moves be joystick moves. There are not many guys who can make stop/start cuts like Shady.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I would be keeping him, yeah, and I could do so for a few years if I wanted. I'm not much for stashing guys unless I think they'll be huge, it's not the deepest league, but I have the option of Hilton for $5. Could also do Kendall Wright for a buck, apparently. I'm pretty unfamiliar with my team, we're getting a later start on this than usual.
Keep Hilton. He is a big breakout candidate and has the long term situation to be great.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a PPR do you go TRICH or shady?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The panthers have too much $$$ invested in their own "rushing attack" to afford players that can defend the run.

Still, joystick moves be joystick moves. There are not many guys who can make stop/start cuts like Shady.
Still, with their 1st and 2nd rounders at DT, one of the best RE in football, one of the best LE in football, and 3 first rounders at LBer you'd think they could stop somebody.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
In a PPR do you go TRICH or shady?
This is a tough one. I really like both backs. I think McCoy is the safer selection, but Richardson has the more upside. Richardson tends to get a little banged up but still play, and as long as he's healthy he should get double digit tds. It wouldn't surprise me if McCoy got double digit, but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

It wouldn't surprise me for one second if Richardson led all RBs in points though.

I'll call this one a "flip a coin"
Old 08-16-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I will pretty much always answer Shady. Mancrush City.

Cat's out of the bag on Hilton, apparently. He just went round 5 in the draft I'm currently working on. http://www22.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/45960#0 (Violent Pizza is my team)

Old 08-16-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that move shady puts on 58 is just disgusting
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I not wait and target Hilton in the 5th? I really want him this year.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
. . . and Gronk just got sniped at 5.05. I has a sad.

That settles it if I draft top 5 I'll hold off on Gronk until the 5th. If I draft late I'm taking him in the 4th.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Should I not wait and target Hilton in the 5th? I really want him this year.
His ADP has been early 80s so he's been going in the 7th, anyway. 5th might be pushing it but when you get there you may like him better than the alternatives so it wouldn't be crazy. Depends where you are in the round, but you should be able to get away with waiting until the 6th.

Steve Smith, Cecil Shorts, Desean Jackson, Miles Austin all still on the board. I don't know that I'd pull the trigger on Hilton over all of them but I will say my queue/draft list had Hilton as one of the next 8 or 9 guys to draft. The way that draft is going he wasn't likely to make it out of the 6th round.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
His ADP has been early 80s so he's been going in the 7th, anyway. 5th might be pushing it but when you get there you may like him better than the alternatives so it wouldn't be crazy. Depends where you are in the round, but you should be able to get away with waiting until the 6th.

Steve Smith, Cecil Shorts, Desean Jackson, Miles Austin all still on the board. I don't know that I'd pull the trigger on Hilton over all of them but I will say my queue/draft list had Hilton as one of the next 8 or 9 guys to draft. The way that draft is going he wasn't likely to make it out of the 6th round.
Jackson and Austin scare me with injuries. Shorts was great late but can he keep it up? I hate Steve Smith with a passion and might never draft him ever.