Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-16-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
How many teams? What order did you draft? I feel maybe your wr's could have been better but once Gordon comes back damn that's a good corps.
10 teams. I drafted 5th. RBs went on a huge run early, I would have waited on Chris, Ridley, MJD or Gore until the 3rd if they had not. I took Chris round 2 and all the previous were gone by my pick in the 3rd.

According to my projections I got 3 of my top 15 WRs, so I'm pretty satisfied with that. I'm not buying a huge Decker decline until I see it. He won't put up last years numbers but I think 900 and 8-10tds is pretty reasonable.

I drafted it with the intent of holding onto Gordon until he could come back and I think Givens and Wright will be solid #3 or bye week replacements as well.

All reports from camp have been positive about Wright, he caught over 600 balls and 4tds as a rookie and dropped 15 pounds to get quicker. All that was with Locker so he should improve on those stats.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
10 teams. I drafted 5th. RBs went on a huge run early, I would have waited on Chris, Ridley, MJD or Gore until the 3rd if they had not. I took Chris round 2 and all the previous were gone by my pick in the 3rd.

According to my projections I got 3 of my top 15 WRs, so I'm pretty satisfied with that. I'm not buying a huge Decker decline until I see it. He won't put up last years numbers but I think 900 and 8-10tds is pretty reasonable.

I drafted it with the intent of holding onto Gordon until he could come back and I think Givens and Wright will be solid #3 or bye week replacements as well.

All reports from camp have been positive about Wright, he caught over 600 balls and 4tds as a rookie and dropped 15 pounds to get quicker. All that was with Locker so he should improve on those stats.
Hey MT, just wondering...is there something going on with CJ, an injury or? Suddenly he is consistently falling to me in mocks at #33. If he's healthy, I'm all over it. I figured you would know.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Hey MT, just wondering...is there something going on with CJ, an injury or? Suddenly he is consistently falling to me in mocks at #33. If he's healthy, I'm all over it. I figured you would know.
Nope he's completely healthy. I've found his value is all over the place, people that like him and believe he'll rebound are taking him as high as 12 because he can be a #1 fantasy back.

If nobody like that are in the mock/league he can drop all the way to 35-40 for some reason.

I don't really go by yahoo, nfl.com, espn or any other rankings I use my own. But in mocks I notice some places have him ranked 20th, some have him ranked 25th and some have him ranked 30th. Regardless of what we think, those do influence us some.

In a league about a week ago I grabbed AP at #1, then came back and grabbed Ridley and CJ @ 20 and 21. I feel like I've got 3 top 10 backs, we'll see of course as the season plays out, but i'm very confident.

Realistic stats for CJ this season are around 1700 total yards, and 7-8 tds. So in standard leagues thats around 212 points. His yards isn't the problem it's been the tds the past 2 seasons, in his first 3 seasons he averaged 13 tds a season, the past 2 when we decided to try to be a passing team he's only averaged 5. Even if he can split that to the 7-8 range he's gonna have a huge season in my opinion.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nope he's completely healthy. I've found his value is all over the place, people that like him and believe he'll rebound are taking him as high as 12 because he can be a #1 fantasy back.

If nobody like that are in the mock/league he can drop all the way to 35-40 for some reason.

I don't really go by yahoo, nfl.com, espn or any other rankings I use my own. But in mocks I notice some places have him ranked 20th, some have him ranked 25th and some have him ranked 30th. Regardless of what we think, those do influence us some.

In a league about a week ago I grabbed AP at #1, then came back and grabbed Ridley and CJ @ 20 and 21. I feel like I've got 3 top 10 backs, we'll see of course as the season plays out, but i'm very confident.

Realistic stats for CJ this season are around 1700 total yards, and 7-8 tds. So in standard leagues thats around 212 points. His yards isn't the problem it's been the tds the past 2 seasons, in his first 3 seasons he averaged 13 tds a season, the past 2 when we decided to try to be a passing team he's only averaged 5. Even if he can split that to the 7-8 range he's gonna have a huge season in my opinion.
Yeah, I knew from other threads you were very high on him this year.

A few other guys I would love to hear people's opinion on...

Andrew Luck
Ronnie Hillman
Mike Williams (TB)
Shane Vereen
Eddie Lacy
Michael Floyd

Thanks in advance
Old 08-16-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is my favorite thread in the world and I love you all
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Andrew Luck
Ronnie Hillman
Mike Williams (TB)
Shane Vereen
Eddie Lacy
Michael Floyd

Thanks in advance
Luck will be a top 10 QB this year. Probably #10 but top 10.
Hillman will be another RBBC imo.
Vereen will be to PPR what Sproles is.
Lacy will be the workhorse but how much will GB actually run?
Floyd might be a legit WR2. He's going to get looks and deliver.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck: there is sort of a 'big 12' of qb's. starting at rodgers/brees, ends at wilson. i have luck 11th in standard, non-keepers just behind romo
Hillman: at the end of the day, ball is the guy you want. hillman as a 5th/6th rb or as insurance for montee is a solid move.
Williams: absolute steal for his adp. 3 straight seasons of 60/900, with 2 of those 3 having 8+ tds. he's in rare company over the past 10 years. i love him as a wr4 but in thinner leagues a wr3/flex
Vereen: don't buy the adp unless it's ppr. he's been overhyped but he's a solid rb3/flex play in 12 team leagues.
Lacy: stay away imo. even if he comes out on top of that mess in GB his opportunities will be limited. if they loved him they wouldn't have grabbed Franklin, too.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, I knew from other threads you were very high on him this year.

Andrew Luck
Ronnie Hillman
Mike Williams (TB)
Shane Vereen
Eddie Lacy
Michael Floyd

Thanks in advance
Luck: I am one of the few not on the Andrew Luck bandwagon. Don't get me wrong, you can win with him, but people are talking about top 5 QB and taking him ahead of way more proven players. The Colts were 6th in the NFL in passing attempts last season, Pep Hamiltons system doesn't want that. I think he'll decline in passing yards and rushing tds. His passing tds will remain in the 20-25 range and his interceptions will decline some to 15-16. I'm projecting around 3500 yards, 22tds and 16 ints with 2 rushing tds.

Hillman: Well, right now he's the #1 back and a steal if he can hold onto it. He's been going 12-15 in my leagues and mocks. Ultimately, I think Ball will get a ton of carries if he isn't named the starter, so I'm not willing to take him much higher but I'd be interested in the 10-15 rounds if he's there.

Williams: One of the more underrated WRs in the league I think, people want to take all these #1s over him, but his stats will be better than many #1s. I've got him as my 20th best WR, he'll get plenty of catches and tds. Plus he can make things happen after the catch so he's always a threat.

Vereen: They're going to utilize him, the problem is how much. I'd say he's safe to get 5-7 points a game. Unfortunately for him he's going to be listed as a RB unless for some reason they give him a RB/WR label. That would be a great scenario for him. He's going a little high for me, 7-9 range lately, I'm in favor of him in around the 10-12 range.

Lacy: Lacy should get the starting job and should get the tds. He's probably not goign to turn into a #1 this year, and even as a #2 I'd be concerned. If you can start a flex I like him as a flex, otherwise I like him as a top bye week replacement.

Floyd: Floyd should do well, but the biggest thing going against him is the other two WRs on the roster. I have him ranked at my 36th best WR, so he can be a #3 or #4 for your team. I think the plan is to start him outside with Roberts in the slot. The biggest concern is the Cardinals play 6 games against the 49ers, Rams and Seahawks defenses which aren't the easiest to score points against. I think Carson will go for 4000 with 25+ tds so there's plenty of wealth to go around. I really like him as a 12-15 WR to be a bye week replacement

EDIT: All references are to 10team, standard scoring with no PPR
Old 08-16-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Hillman and Vereen are great flex options. I always take one of them if I can't get sproles or Bush.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i should add that i wouldn't touch montee ball at his current adp
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i should add that i wouldn't touch montee ball at his current adp
I grab him in the 8th and not a round before
Old 08-16-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my current roster in my main Dynasty league:

QBs: Kaep, Bradford, Tannehill
RBs: Charles, Rice, Hillman, Pierce, Hunter, La James, Lattimore
WRs: Thomas, Jordy, Randle, Crabtree, Alexander
TEs: Gronk, Gresham, Housler
K and D

12 man PPR league, 20 roster, start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX, K, D

I have a strong starting line-up, but weak depth at RB. Receiving core has been decimated by injuries to Crabs and Alexander. What was once a strength is now a weakness. We are having a day of free pickups tomorrow... No waivers in affect. Here are the best FAs available: RBs Powell, Laces, Knile, and Latavius. WRs Little, Hartline, Kerley, Thompkins, Rod Streater, and Quick. TE Sudfeld.

My question for you all is who should I pick up and who should I drop? I need some receiver help. I'm intrigued by Little in Cleveland with Gordon missing the first 2 games but would it be smarter to grab Hartline who had 70 and 1000 last year? Both? Elvis, you're a Patriots fan, what are your thoughts on Thompkins and Sudfeld?

I don't need to carry 3 QBs so I'm thinking of dropping Bradford. I've had Bradford and Gresham available for trade for a long time but people don't want to give up anything for them. I could also drop James, I believe. I like him, but can't see him ever being the man in San Fran. I do think he could be an explosive player that has impact, though, so I hesitate to drop him. Maybe I just have my homer colored glasses on with him? Is it ok to go ahead and drop Alexander at this point? It is a Dynasty, but we have no IR spots and I need immediate help. Thanks for reading all this.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 08-16-2013 at 07:08 PM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'd sign either Little or Thompkins.

Whoever you have to cut I'd make it happen. I think I'd cut Gresham. Are Jordan Cameron, Cook and Tyler Eifert all gone? If not, I'd take them over Gresham.

If they're gone, I'd cut Gresham and get a WR.

Other than that, cut one of the QBs or Lamichael James.

If it's a dynasty, try to work out a trade for Ben Tate if he'll come cheap. He's in the last year of his contract and should find a starting job somewhere. I know it won't really help you this season, but if it doesn't hurt this years team go for it.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cut all the 49ers rbs

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
cut all the 49ers rbs
I;d probably keep Lattimore in a dynasty, if nothing else someone might trade something for him. Gore can't go forever
Old 08-16-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

If I draft before a saints game I'm taking Brees. He did score 457 points in my league last year. I hope he slides to the second (not in a league of saints fans I know)

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 08-16-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Lots of good input here guys, thank you.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Anyone have thoughts on Reuben Randle breaking out this year? Would you rather have Randle or Greg Little?
Old 08-16-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Who is the best player to take a flyer on with your last pick? All your needs are met, and you don't really see anyone who has established themselves as a fantasy value. Who do you gamble on?
Old 08-16-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Anyone have thoughts on Reuben Randle breaking out this year? Would you rather have Randle or Greg Little?
As an LSU fan...Little.

Doug Martin possible concussion.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@farfromforgotten

Thompmins is getting good press but Iwould rather have little & hartkine with the early injuries you have. Little is perfect coverage for you as a short term #1 target. Hartline has all the work w tanne while wallace gets no reps.

No sense holding DA at his age. 3 sf rbs is a waste. Your roster isnt big enough for that. Tough to hold 3 qbs for that reason too. DA & james for those two wrs. Maybe give your backup qbs a week or two to see which cam go and then add latavius at some point with dmc in his last year.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

DA just got waived. I'd say his career is likely over unless he gets added on next training camp, but either way I'd give it up on him
Old 08-16-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Anybody got any players that may blow up week 1, but aren't gonna be viable players all season?
Old 08-16-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anybody got any players that may blow up week 1, but aren't gonna be viable players all season?
Backup Patriots TE?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who is the best player to take a flyer on with your last pick? All your needs are met, and you don't really see anyone who has established themselves as a fantasy value. Who do you gamble on?
Cordarrelle Patterson is usually available, I'm liking him. Heath Miller too, if he comes back early and can have a similar series of games as he had last year, he'll be solid.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote