Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-03-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
CJ Spiller, Trent Richardson, Stevan Ridley, David Wilson.

Pick 3.

Chris Johnson, Doug Martin, Steven Jackson, David Wilson, Giovani Bernard

Pick 3.
it'd be nice to have these posted with their matchups, that being said.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's this team sound? 10 man PPR league.

Cam Newton
CJ Spiller
Matt Forte
Randall Cobb
Dwayne Bowe
Rob Gronk
Montee Ball (flex)
Bucs D
Blair Walsh

Bench:
Anquan Boldin
Ryan Mathew
Cecil Shorts
Chris Givens
Lance Moore
Carson Palmer
Fred Davis

Anything I should look to do to strengthen my team anywhere? I'm not a fan of my flex with Montee and will likely put Moore/Givens/Cecil/Anquan in there, but can't decide who. Any opinions/thoughts?
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want NO part of the Broncos backfield. They're a revolving door.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I want NO part of the Broncos backfield. They're a revolving door.
So try and get a trade with him? I got Montee with my like 10th pick so it wasn't completely terrible, but I just figured he'd actually put up a few TDs.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
So try and get a trade with him? I got Montee with my like 10th pick so it wasn't completely terrible, but I just figured he'd actually put up a few TDs.
Monte might, so might Hillman and Moreno. They're playing their backs based on packages.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CJ Spiller, Trent Richardson, Stevan Ridley, David Wilson.

Pick 3.

Chris Johnson, Doug Martin, Steven Jackson, David Wilson, Giovani Bernard

Pick 3.
Scoring system definitely matters here
Old 09-03-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Sorry forgot, its standard scoring (1pt = 10 yards rushing or receiving, 6pts = td rush or receiving)

Non PPR, bonuses or anything like that.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Eh not to me so much, I'm still starting the 3 best backs.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kapernick vs. GB
RG3 vs. Phi

Who you got?
Leaning Kaepernick.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I have a feeling GB destroys Kaep. I'd go RG3.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd still go Kaep, I think he won't have as big of a day running, but he can still throw and add some yardage.

I am still worried of Rg3 until proven otherwise.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

RG3 is a better passer going against a lesser defense.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 vs PHI
Stafford vs MIN

Whatchathink?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I couldn't sit the gunslinger
Old 09-03-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team league this is what I ended up with having the 4th pick. What do you guys think and should I move my starters around at all??

QB Tom Brady
RB Ray Rice
RB Eddie Lacy
WR Dez Bryant
WR Marques Colston
TE Vernon Davis
FLEX Eric Decker
DEF Chicago
K Sebastian Janikowski

Sam Bradford
Mark Ingram
Monte Ball
T.y. Hilton
Brian Hartline
Brandon Myers
Dolphins
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Open Yahoo PPR league drafting at 10:30 EST tomorrow night:

http://y.ahoo.it/jomwh62m
Old 09-03-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone play in a money league with add/drop transaction fees? Apparently that’s what we’ll be doing in my work league to try to sneakily increase the pot without making the buy in sound too large, each pickup will be a little over 3% of the initial buy in. I’m trying to figure out what difference it’s going to make in terms of how I approach the league.

Obviously I still want to do well so I can’t necessarily be reluctant to make pickups, but at the same time if there’s a way I can optimize the process a bit so I (in a perfect world) don’t need to make as many pickups over the course of the season that would obviously be ideal.

First thing that comes to mind is that I generally play matchups with my D/ST and if I could carry one that I was comfortable starting most weeks at least that might lead to a lot less pickups. Figured I’d see if anyone here has thoughts though since I’m completely new to the setup.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Anyone play in a money league with add/drop transaction fees? Apparently that’s what we’ll be doing in my work league to try to sneakily increase the pot without making the buy in sound too large, each pickup will be a little over 3% of the initial buy in. I’m trying to figure out what difference it’s going to make in terms of how I approach the league.

Obviously I still want to do well so I can’t necessarily be reluctant to make pickups, but at the same time if there’s a way I can optimize the process a bit so I (in a perfect world) don’t need to make as many pickups over the course of the season that would obviously be ideal.

First thing that comes to mind is that I generally play matchups with my D/ST and if I could carry one that I was comfortable starting most weeks at least that might lead to a lot less pickups. Figured I’d see if anyone here has thoughts though since I’m completely new to the setup.
I generally play matchups at TE, K and D. I often lead every league I'm in in additions for that reason.

Also, I often only have one QB on my roster. With this rule if you're really wanting to mitigate cost, it'd be wise to take a closer look at bye weeks than usual and depending how much you are wanting to cut cost, you may consider carrying 2TEs, 2Ks and 2D.

I wouldn't recommend doing the 2Ks or 2Ds. I'd look into the bye weeks more and possibly boost some stocks due to it.

Seattles D has a week 12 bye week, they'd be #1 on my board and I'd start targeting them earlier than I generally take Ds

Jason Witten has a bye week of 11, so you could go all that time without having to get a TE.

For kickers, find a guy with a bye week of 11 or 12 and roll with him until then unless some unforeseen circumstance happens.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I have a feeling GB destroys Kaep. I'd go RG3.
I would re-watch the divisional round game and then consider that question again.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I generally play matchups at TE, K and D. I often lead every league I'm in in additions for that reason.

Also, I often only have one QB on my roster. With this rule if you're really wanting to mitigate cost, it'd be wise to take a closer look at bye weeks than usual and depending how much you are wanting to cut cost, you may consider carrying 2TEs, 2Ks and 2D.

I wouldn't recommend doing the 2Ks or 2Ds. I'd look into the bye weeks more and possibly boost some stocks due to it.

Seattles D has a week 12 bye week, they'd be #1 on my board and I'd start targeting them earlier than I generally take Ds

Jason Witten has a bye week of 11, so you could go all that time without having to get a TE.

For kickers, find a guy with a bye week of 11 or 12 and roll with him until then unless some unforeseen circumstance happens.
I never carry 2 TE's, 2 K's, and 2 D and don't plan on doing so in this league either. It would be nice to spend less obviously with the rules as they are, but not at the cost of having success - and I think a big part of that is depth at key positions (namely WR and RB). I may be missing something, but why do you think it would be beneficial to have teams with later bye weeks? I'll need a fill in at some point anyway, shouldn't make a difference when I make the pickup...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I would re-watch the divisional round game and then consider that question again.
Yeah I think they learn from their mistakes.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mightytitan get your stupid ass 6-team league who do I start questions out of here.

There is no possible reason anyone in any league that's worth paying attention to should have Spiller, TRich, Ridley AND Wilson. Here's where they should go:

TRich top 10
Spiller top 5
Ridley top 20
Wilson top 20

Stupid league.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

And that's why they have competition

Quote:
Bilal Powell is listed as the starting running back on the Jets' Week 1 depth chart, with Chris Ivory at No. 2.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6594/bilal-powell
Old 09-03-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<3 my work league. 10 teams, but still.

QB: Tony Romo
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Steven Jackson
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Reggie Wayne
FLX: MJD
TE: Jordan Cameron
DEF: Steelers
PK: Akers

Chris Ivory, Ben Tate, Mike Wallace, Jordy Nelson, Tavon Austin, Lance Moore
Old 09-03-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just did a 14 team auction draft yesterday. Kept Alf Morris for $14. Here is how it played out:

QB: Romo, Palmer
RB: Morris, Forte, Ball, Ingram, Hillman
WR: Fitz, A. Johnson, Jordyz, Givens, D. Moore, K. Thompkins
TE: Finley
DST: Cincinnati

Felt pretty good about the team coming out of a 14 team league. I am trying to package Jordy/Ball/Ingram for another decent RB.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote