Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-03-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Just did a 14 team auction draft yesterday. Kept Alf Morris for $14. Here is how it played out:

QB: Romo, Palmer
RB: Morris, Forte, Ball, Ingram, Hillman
WR: Fitz, A. Johnson, Jordyz, Givens, D. Moore, K. Thompkins
TE: Finley
DST: Cincinnati

Felt pretty good about the team coming out of a 14 team league. I am trying to package Jordy/Ball/Ingram for another decent RB.

Thoughts?
Stand pat holy **** that's a twelve team league team.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

assuming you can start 3 RB i would certainly look to upgrade Ball/Ingram

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always assume a flex :/
Old 09-03-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
That's what I am looking to do. I figure a combo of Jordy/Ball/Ingram for a solid RB should be enough. A lot of teams in the league are WR starved, and Jordy is pretty solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya and i'm a big Givens fan, no clue why Austin is drafted ahead of him, rookie WRs rarely do anything

Old 09-03-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last minute money league draft going right now only 6 teams should be fun with stacked teams.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ya and i'm a big Givens fan, no clue why Austin is drafted ahead of him, rookie WRs rarely do anything
I agree in general, but I like Tavon. Everything seems to point to them being committed to getting the dude the ball.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tavon is going to be an offensive weapon he'll get touches as WR and running the ball. That's why he's on all my teams except 1 Tavon will shut you doubters up!!

Old 09-03-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I agree in general, but I like Tavon. Everything seems to point to them being committed to getting the dude the ball.
Well Givens and Pettis are starting and Bailey and Quick had a better preseason than him, it's legit all upside for him at this point since he hasn't done anything on offense

Old 09-03-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just had our first FA bids in one league, I threw in low bids for a bunch of guys and won Roy Helu, Bilal Powell, Julius Thomas, and Knowshon Moreno. Scoring is .5 PPR. I just lost Andre Brown for the season but I'm deep elsewhere so I'll only be picking up one of those four.

Have Gore/MJD/Bush locked in as my 2 starters and flex but they all share a bye week so I'll eventually need someone to start alongside Daryl Richardson that week.

Moreno is no good there since he shares the bye, Helu is interesting as a third down guy in a .5 PPR with huge upside if Alf goes down, Powell's a starter for now but isn't as talented as Helu IMO and may get bypassed by week 9 anyway. My TE is Cook so while I don't like carrying 2, Thomas is an interesting option in case Cook sucks, which isn't unlikely.

Also if I have the option - Terrelle Pryor or Jake Locker as a QB3 in a 2 QB league? More upside with Pryor I'd think, but does he start all year? I'll need my QB3 to fill in 2 weeks obviously.

Last edited by derza222 : 09-04-2013 at 12:21 AM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Just did a 14 team auction draft yesterday. Kept Alf Morris for $14. Here is how it played out:

QB: Romo, Palmer
RB: Morris, Forte, Ball, Ingram, Hillman
WR: Fitz, A. Johnson, Jordyz, Givens, D. Moore, K. Thompkins
TE: Finley
DST: Cincinnati

Felt pretty good about the team coming out of a 14 team league. I am trying to package Jordy/Ball/Ingram for another decent RB.

Thoughts?
I wouldn't
Quote:
Unless it's a non-ppr, Jordy is going to get more points than any RB he could trade for. RB is more important than WR, but he's already got two studs filling those roles. If it's a flex in a PPR, it doesn't matter that he's not a RB, Jordy is going to get you points than a Lamar Miller or Ryan Matthews
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

My last minute 6 man money league PPR

So this was my friends first PPR league they panicked and a lot of them went WR first round.

Last edited by bantx : 09-04-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck, Kaep
Trent, CJ, Ridley(flex)
Fitz, Nicks, Colsten
Jimmy Graham
Bears D
Hauschka

How'd I do? I had the 3rd pick in an 8 man traditional league. I got the first 4 rounds I wanted (Trich, CJ, Jimmy, Luck) I'm pretty confident in big seasons for them.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
mightytitan get your stupid ass 6-team league who do I start questions out of here.

There is no possible reason anyone in any league that's worth paying attention to should have Spiller, TRich, Ridley AND Wilson. Here's where they should go:

TRich top 10
Spiller top 5
Ridley top 20
Wilson top 20

Stupid league.
No need to get jealous of my amazing teams. Those are 10 team leagues, this is what happens when you draft in early preseason. I got CJ in the first, T-Rich in the 2nd, Ridley in the 3rd and Wilson in the 6th.

Now looking back, I basically have 5 guys going in the top 30 right now.

I also have a team with CJ1k, Doug Martin, Steven Jackson, David Wilson, Julio Jones, Jimmy Graham.

If you work the trade block and draft well, you too can have a good team gpnpc
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Stand pat holy **** that's a twelve team league team.
I'd trade Andre before I'd trade Jordy personally.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Last minute money league draft going right now only 6 teams should be fun with stacked teams.
I don't see the point of leagues with less than 10 teams, it's just no fun unless you're going to have rosters with 2 QBs, 3WR, 3RB, 2TE, 2K, 2D, 2 FLEX etc.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

It was last minute was expecting more but doesn't matter for me I hoard players so no one else can use them.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:12 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Who'd you end up with?
Old 09-04-2013, 02:14 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post

My last minute 6 man money league PPR

So this was my friends first PPR league they panicked and a lot of them went WR first round.
posted it a few post up but here

Old 09-04-2013, 03:01 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Heck of a squad
Old 09-04-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha 6 man leagues make me LOL.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

My first bold move of the season is sitting Cincy and playing Indy.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post

Also if I have the option - Terrelle Pryor or Jake Locker as a QB3 in a 2 QB league? More upside with Pryor I'd think, but does he start all year? I'll need my QB3 to fill in 2 weeks obviously.
I think I'd go Locker, I don't see Pryor retaining the starting job all season. Locker averaged around 14 pts a game last season, so with a little improvement it's not unlikely he'd get 16-17.

You may want to see the bye weeks of your starting 2 QBs and play matchups for their replacement though.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd also go Locker, but that's because I'm somewhat conservative. Pryor has the higher upside (perhaps), but Locker has NFL starting experience.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about Pryor not retaining the starting job. I think it's become very obvious that nobody wants Matt Flynn to start. Schneider and McKenzie both knew him from Green Bay and they wouldn't even pull some strings and get him a day one start over unproven young guys, and Philbin showed little interest in him when he was on the open market. That guy is a career backup.

Last edited by WCH : 09-04-2013 at 10:52 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My last fantasy league draft. 8 man PPR. It was auction style. I'll put the prices I paid for the players next to them. All you need to know is that Foster got more than AP....

QB: Matt Ryan($13)/Andrew Luck($5)
RB: Shady McCoy($30)/Matt Forte($23)/Mo Drew($16)/Chris Ivory($4)/Shane Vereen($3)
WR: DT($24)/Dez Bryant($31)/Fitz($14)/Pierre Garcon($3)
TE: Jason Witten($11)/Vernon Davis($7)/Greg Olsen($8)
D/ST: Steelers($1)
K: Robbie Gould($1)

The only regret is spending 5 bucks on Luck when Stafford went for a buck in the last round.