Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-14-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Alright, I know...roll with your stars always. So, convince me not to over think this. But last weeks performances by the opposing teams had me thinking.

Drew Brees vs. Bears or Matthew Stafford vs. Chiefs.

Passing Yards: 20 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns:6
Interceptions: -2
Call me crazy but I'll go Stafford vs Chiefs Eric Berry is not going to play Brandon Flowers is awesome but hell who else is back there?

EDIT Bottom of the page: I lost my 2nd TE Scott Chandler (BUF) and Jermaine Gresham are on the waiver wire. Which should I take?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I lost my 2nd TE Scott Chandler (BUF) and Jermaine Gresham are on the waiver wire. Which should I take?
Gresham. KC looked awful, and made Chandler look like a superstar. Roll with the talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Gerp.

Matt Ryan vs Philly

Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Oakland.

leaning Fitz. hate to **** up a decision like that though.
I think Fitz is a good play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Guys,

I got Blount, Jackson, Welker and Johnathan Stewart as option to start at the WR/RB slot for this week. Stewart is pretty much out, and I'm leaning towards Jackson but Welker seems tempting. Who would you advice me to start.

I got Ray Rice and Run DMC as my other to RBs and DMC is listed as Q.
That depends entirely upon which Jackson. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Alright, I know...roll with your stars always. So, convince me not to over think this. But last weeks performances by the opposing teams had me thinking.

Drew Brees vs. Bears or Matthew Stafford vs. Chiefs.

Passing Yards: 20 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns:6
Interceptions: -2
That's a reasonable consideration, I think. I agree Stafford is a smart play based on the matchups. Ryan still threw for 300+ so Brees probably will, too. But gdammit the Chiefs looked awful.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i think you're undervaluing percy harvin badly. i'll happily admit that i'm a gators homer, but if someone offered me percy harvin for jordy nelson in any format where z's at the end of a name don't get points, i'd jump on it. you honestly can't expect mcnabb to be even close to as pathetic as he was against san diego, and the next 4 weeks provide 3 pretty tasty looking match-ups for minnesota's passing game. i'd be shocked if harvin didn't put up similar numbers to santana moss last season (who had a nice season on a significantly less talented redskins team than this vikings team)
It's not so much that I'm undervaluing Percy. I think he's a beast. But McNabb's performance should make it pretty clear there will be some major stinkers posted by Vikings offensive players not name Peterson. So you're talking about hanging your hat on a WR3 that looks like a major boom/bust player (unless you get return points.)

On top of that, it's not the zzzz I care about, it's the situation and timing that make Jordy look like a clear breakout candidate. We saw it to end the season and it carried over to game one. I think you're talking about giving up this year's Austin Collie (pre-concussions) in order to upgrade from second to first tier at TE.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I lost my 2nd TE Scott Chandler (BUF) and Jermaine Gresham are on the waiver wire. Which should I take?
Gresham.....I honestly don't see Chandler doing that much. He's just not a good player really.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm finding it very difficult not to trade Jordy and Gronk for Antonio ******* Gates right now.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm finding it very difficult not to trade Jordy and Gronk for Antonio ******* Gates right now.
Do it!

When all is said and done, you have to pull the trigger on a trade you like.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
That depends entirely upon which Jackson. lol
oops totally missed that lol

I meant Bills RB Fred Jackson lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:18 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need help with my flex spot, have it down to

Deji Karim vs NYJ
Emmanuel Sanders vs SEA
Ryan Grant vs CAR

I figure Karim will get the most touches and figures to be the safest play but its unlikely he finds the endzone.

Grant could get a real good chunk of work if that games a blowout

Sanders is the riskiest play but PIT is gonna be merciless and should score plenty against SEA

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking about picking up Sexy Rexy and starting him over Matt Ryan for this week. Good idea?
Old 09-15-2011, 06:12 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys,

I got Blount, Jackson, Welker and Johnathan Stewart as option to start at the WR/RB slot for this week. Stewart is pretty much out, and I'm leaning towards Jackson but Welker seems tempting. Who would you advice me to start.

so many jacksons...which is it

Quote:
oops totally missed that lol

I meant Bills RB Fred Jackson lol
id lean welker in a ppr but jackson otherwise.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'm thinking about picking up Sexy Rexy and starting him over Matt Ryan for this week. Good idea?
Do it. Rex is going against Zona's pass defense.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tolbert or Blount non ppr

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Standard Scoring
Pick 1 RB
MJD @ NYJ
Benson @ DEN
Beanie @ WAS
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Turner vs Philly or Jahvid Best vs KC? PPR League.

And I just got absolutely SNIPED on waivers. Wanted Robert Meachem pretty badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Guys,

I got Blount, Fred Jackson, Welker and Johnathan Stewart as option to start at the WR/RB slot for this week. Stewart is pretty much out, and I'm leaning towards Jackson but Welker seems tempting. Who would you advice me to start.

Ok, in that case, go with Blount. Minnesota isn't very good against the run anymore and I like Tampa to force feed Blount this week. Though I agree that Welker is the way to go if it's ppr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Need help with my flex spot, have it down to

Deji Karim vs NYJ
Emmanuel Sanders vs SEA
Ryan Grant vs CAR

I figure Karim will get the most touches and figures to be the safest play but its unlikely he finds the endzone.

Grant could get a real good chunk of work if that games a blowout

Sanders is the riskiest play but PIT is gonna be merciless and should score plenty against SEA
Sanders, but all those options suck. Grant will have zero value soon, unless the Packers give him sympathy touches. He has zero burst left.

Quote:
Probably smart since Arizona is pretty bad vs. the pass, but risky and a bit too cute for my liking.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Tolbert or Blount non ppr
Blount. See above post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Standard Scoring
Pick 1 RB
MJD @ NYJ
Benson @ DEN
Beanie @ WAS
Benson, hands down. Denver is still just horrible vs. the run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Mike Turner vs Philly or Jahvid Best vs KC? PPR League.

And I just got absolutely SNIPED on waivers. Wanted Robert Meachem pretty badly.
Tough one. You have to figure Best is the better play but Philly isn't a great rush D. Still, KC looked far too lost to sit Best when he's such a solid ppr option.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Default Thoughts on Chicago WRs?

Anyone have any useful info on Bears WRs? With Roy sitting w/injury will we see numbers from Hester or Bennett? Either of them look like a decent plug in this week?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone have any useful info on Bears WRs? With Roy sitting w/injury will we see numbers from Hester or Bennett? Either of them look like a decent plug in this week?
You've gotta imagine they'll involve Johnny Knox at this point, and he's a better receiver then Hester or Bennett. Hester is probably the safest bet for touches, but if Knox starts, I'd bet on him making the plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You've gotta imagine they'll involve Johnny Knox at this point, and he's a better receiver then Hester or Bennett. Hester is probably the safest bet for touches, but if Knox starts, I'd bet on him making the plays.
Knox is the best WR on that team. Might be a couple weeks but eventually he's got to be the guy that surfaces.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick Two

MJD @NYJ
Jamaal Chalres @DET
Beanie @WAS
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok, in that case, go with Blount. Minnesota isn't very good against the run anymore and I like Tampa to force feed Blount this week. Though I agree that Welker is the way to go if it's ppr.

Sanders, but all those options suck. Grant will have zero value soon, unless the Packers give him sympathy touches. He has zero burst left.

Probably smart since Arizona is pretty bad vs. the pass, but risky and a bit too cute for my liking.
So you would say no?
Old 09-15-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Knox is the best WR on that team. Might be a couple weeks but eventually he's got to be the guy that surfaces.
Thanks guys, but I should have been more clear. I'm wondering if Hester or Bennett would be a useful waiver wire add with Roy out of the way. Knox isn't available in any league worth it's salt.

I ask b/c I have a death squad going on, with Lloyd & Lance Moore plus Austin "no catches for no yards" Collie as my options to fill a ppr WR3 spot. The options on the wire aren't great.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Pick Two

MJD @NYJ
Jamaal Chalres @DET
Beanie @WAS
I didn't like Charles much heading into the season with what I thought was a tough schedule and an obvious drop off w/o Charlie Weiss. I'd bench him until they right the ship, especially since Washington looks like a much improved defense.

Quote:
So you would say no?
hhmmm . . . I would probably say yes. But I wouldn't be enthusiastic about it. Ryan is damn good at home, but the matchups don't lie and I wasn't high on Ryan coming into the season anyway.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Calvin doesn't play this weekend would it be a good idea to start Burleson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Thanks guys, but I should have been more clear. I'm wondering if Hester or Bennett would be a useful waiver wire add with Roy out of the way. Knox isn't available in any league worth it's salt.

I ask b/c I have a death squad going on, with Lloyd & Lance Moore plus Austin "no catches for no yards" Collie as my options to fill a ppr WR3 spot. The options on the wire aren't great.
What do you have against Brandon Lloyd? I think he is a great WR3.