Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also have Dwayne Allen (with Gronk on IR), thinking about either Clark or Winslow...

What do you guys think about the KC D? They have some nice pieces but they did play the jags.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Danny out is Edelman a must start this week?
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
I also have Dwayne Allen (with Gronk on IR), thinking about either Clark or Winslow...

What do you guys think about the KC D? They have some nice pieces but they did play the jags.
I'm not buying them yet, they're good but they're not a shut down type of D.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
hard yes from me, especially PPR, Thompkins will improve but no Veeren & no Amendola will lead to a ton of targets for Edelman
Old 09-10-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know if I'd call him a must start, but if you have a guy that has limited upside, I'd go for it.

I'm not gonna go starting Edelman in my league with Calvin, Julio, V-Jax and Boldin, but if I had a weak #3 in a league I'd start him.

I think he'll put up solid #s since Thompkins didn't do what most expected and the TEs didn't look spectacular. Take away Amendola and Vereen and he's the only real threat at WR
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
That's why I NEVER join a league where the commissioner can reject a trade. Why is it there opinion that matters more than the rest? In theory, it is nice because it's obvious when someone trades AP for Bernard Peirce whats happening, and when the league votes if the owners aren't active it may still get passed.

But unless it's something like that, (had AP for BGE a while ago in my league) then the commish needs to stay out of it. He can't try to analyze why you're doing a trade, or because he thinks one player is on the rise and one on the decline reject it if it appears fair on the surface.
Good Commissioners will have trades simply go through when agreed on by owners. I don't even have wording for reversing trades, but will have no qualms simply reversing a trade (after discussing with all owners) if something ridiculous transpires. "Collusion" rules are pointless b/c it can never actually be proven. Ultimately, if you come across owner(s) that are that lousy you replace them.

Also, Decker, DRich and Tate are the better options. You'd be providing the other guy with upgrades at each spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post

I'd say add KC now if you can. They have studs on every level of the DST and should be as good as they were Sunday. Obviously, playing the Jags makes them beastly but they should be good even against better competition. They also have a very nice looking schedule.

In fact, I just added Titans D & Chiefs D because of their weekly matchups. There are a few tough calls (maybe WW another DST?) but there's a ton of Raiders & Jags with a few other less than stellar offenses in there, too. Fantasy playoffs vs. Oak and Jax? Yes, please!

2: Texans / Cowboys (tougher matchup)
3: Chargers
4: Jets
5: Titans
6: Raiders

7: 49ers / Texans (tougher matchup)
8: Browns
9: Rams / Bills
10: Jaguars

11: Colts / Broncos (tougher matchup)
12: Raiders
13: Colts / Broncos (tougher matchup)
14: Broncos / Redskins (tougher matchup)
15: Raiders
16: Jaguars

Quote:
Edelman is a must add. He was in the game all day for NE. Dobson was inactive so that needs to be monitored, but I can see Amendola & Edelman as the top targets Thursday night. Edelman played more snaps that Amendola.

As MT9 mentioned, Edelman isn't starting over top WR3 options (by which I mean over a WR2 producer) but he's certainly a better start than most true WR3 guys.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think I have to start Edelman over Bowe until Smith shows me he can get Bowe the ball.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 09-10-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think I have to start Edelman over Bowe until Smith shows me he can get Bowe the ball.
I would. I avoided Bowe like the plaque b/c it was clear through preseason (and all of Smith's career) that he won't target the WR, regardless of how studly they are.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's my plan if I get Edelman
Old 09-10-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna try to pick up Edleman, but I really doubt ill play him. Hard to justify benching Cruz, Cobb, or Desean Jackson. But with how much he was on the field I want him for the long haul anyway, not just this spot start. With Vereen out, ill be starting 3 receivers most weeks.

Julius Thomas is obviously my first waiver claim. It'll be nice to land him with Gronk still out for who knows how long.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just traded Lacy and Torrey Smith away for Roddy White. Smith was my #2 receiver and Lacy was my #4 back, so I think I got a good deal.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I have Edelman in a few leagues (and waivers in for a few others) and here's my plans based on each roster, just as a rough "who I start him over" list.

Start 3WR: Dez Bryant, Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson. Clearly, Edelman doesn't play over those 3, unless Bryant's foot is a more serious injury. If so, Edelman likely gets the nod over Cecil Shorts. (Gordon and Patterson are my other bench WRs.)

Start 3WR: Randall Cobb, Reggie Wayne, Mike Williams. I'm leaning Edelman over Williams. I also have Shorts on the bench but, even with Henne, I'm going to have to wait and see on him. Edelman should see more targets than Williams pretty much every week (or at least until Gronk & Amendola are in together, then we'll see how it goes).

Start 3WR: Desean Jackson, Hakeem Nicks, Edelman (if I get him off waivers). My other WRs are Golden Tate, Aaron Dobson and Robert Woods.

Start 4WR: Victor Cruz, Desean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Miles Austin. (One WR is flex but WR is clearly my strength.) I will try to add him but won't start him over any of those 4.

He is not a FA in my 2 remaining leagues.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Just traded Lacy and Torrey Smith away for Roddy White. Smith was my #2 receiver and Lacy was my #4 back, so I think I got a good deal.
Solid long term move. It's going to be tough sledding for a few weeks w/the high ankle, though. Perhaps, given the conversation, you could add Edelman? lol

Old 09-10-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sent out a trade this morning.

Give Mike Williams (Bucs WR) for DeAngelo Williams.

After Vereen went down my RB and WR look like this:

RB: Forte, Bradshaw, Quizz, Vereen (Out) Le'Veon Bell (Out).
WR: Cobb, Demaryius Thomas, Williams, Michael Floyd and DeAndre Hopkins.

So I figured Williams for Williams would be a fair move and give me much needed RB depth.

Thoughts?
Old 09-10-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newton vs Buf
Stafford vs AZ
Old 09-10-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Newton vs Buf
Stafford vs AZ
Stafford. We know he's chucking it all over. Until Newton attempts a pass longer than 10 yards, he's bench material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I sent out a trade this morning.

Give Mike Williams (Bucs WR) for DeAngelo Williams.

After Vereen went down my RB and WR look like this:

RB: Forte, Bradshaw, Quizz, Vereen (Out) Le'Veon Bell (Out).
WR: Cobb, Demaryius Thomas, Williams, Michael Floyd and DeAndre Hopkins.

So I figured Williams for Williams would be a fair move and give me much needed RB depth.

Thoughts?
It's fair. It's also uninspiring, but I can understand the need to move on a RB. I guess it depends on the lineup. If you start 3 WRs then I'd say it just shifts your depth issue from one spot to another. Mike Williams is an RB3 stud. He rarely blows up but he seems to be a lock for 60 and a TD most games.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Vereen placed on short-term IR
Old 09-10-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Newton vs Buf
Stafford vs AZ
I definitely go with Stafford.

I have Vick and Ryan to choose between this week.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Vereen owner.....Damn you fantasy football DAMN YOU!

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

not sure if i should stick with the Bengals D or switch to a weekly D
Old 09-10-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
not sure if i should stick with the Bengals D or switch to a weekly D
I'm riding the Bengals D this week. I like the matchup. After I'll see. If they can't sack this ****** oline I'm done with them
Old 09-10-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Solid long term move. It's going to be tough sledding for a few weeks w/the high ankle, though. Perhaps, given the conversation, you could add Edelman? lol
I have Lance Moore and Hartline on the bench who I could slide in short term and hopefully be fine.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:45 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 PPR, I feel like I need to start Edelman which means I need to sit one of my RB's, which RB should I sit?

Demarco Murray vs KC
MJD vs Oakland
Darren Sproles vs Tampa.

My other 2 wideouts are Megatron and Brandon Marshall so obviously Edelman would have to start in my flex.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Someone in my big money league dropped James Jones...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

May need a sneaky deep flex play in my work league (12 teams, .5 PPR). Down the injured Pats (Amendola, Vereen, Gronk) and Josh Gordon for another week plus Roddy White's high ankle sprain and David Wilson's fumbling. Was a rough first week and this one's looking ugly too.

Right now my roster has Golden Tate, Chris Givens, and Moreno starting with Sudfeld on the bench. Guys like Hankerson, Marlon Brown, and Doug Baldwin are FA's (missed out on Edelman on waivers, don't think I had a shot). Thoughts?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote