Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-11-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick one

Wilson vs Denver
Miller vs Indy
Bernard vs Pitt
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
That's what I was thinking. Should I counter with a Ben Tate for DeAngelo Williams or James Jones (he has Foster)? OR should I keep Ben just in case Foster does get hurt
Id keep Tate over those options. Neither would start for you and I think tate has much higher upside.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
1 PPR, I feel like I need to start Edelman which means I need to sit one of my RB's, which RB should I sit?

Demarco Murray vs KC
MJD vs Oakland
Darren Sproles vs Tampa.

My other 2 wideouts are Megatron and Brandon Marshall so obviously Edelman would have to start in my flex.
MJD and the entire Jags O - especially along the line - need to show something before being start worthy. I think week 4 or so will be better for MJD owners as he starts getting to game shape/speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
May need a sneaky deep flex play in my work league (12 teams, .5 PPR). Down the injured Pats (Amendola, Vereen, Gronk) and Josh Gordon for another week plus Roddy White's high ankle sprain and David Wilson's fumbling. Was a rough first week and this one's looking ugly too.

Right now my roster has Golden Tate, Chris Givens, and Moreno starting with Sudfeld on the bench. Guys like Hankerson, Marlon Brown, and Doug Baldwin are FA's (missed out on Edelman on waivers, don't think I had a shot). Thoughts?
Yikes. I like Tate in a game that looks to be a shoot out. Good DST's be damned. Baldwin may be the way to go for the sneaky play. Cover the Seattle WRs so you get points either way. I do like Brown, too, though. Look at Harline's stats to see how the WR2 can produce when Haden locks down the WR1. Wilson should be in your lineup. See note on him below for Bert. Presumably, you need to swap Sudfeld for another TE, right? Clark is my one week guy. Winslow is good, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Someone in my big money league dropped James Jones...
They're likely just ahead of the curve. 2 targets, stone hands, Finley in a contract year, healthy Jordy and mega-stud-in-the-making with Cobb . . . Jones will need an injury again this year to be worth starting.

Also, I'd go Wilson. It's not like last year when the Giants had viable options behind him and Coughlin could doghouse the kid for a full season. I like Scott but he's JAG and Jacobs off the street is likely to be even worse.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pick one

Wilson vs Denver
Miller vs Indy
Bernard vs Pitt
Well I'm about to quit this league. Monday night I got a counter proposal of Eli+ Randle for Amendola+ Thompkins. I accept. Just waiting for the commish to push it through. I text him and he said "Alvin doesn't want to do it anymore because Amendola is hurt". I told his tough and if he doesn't push it through I'm quitting and benching all my players the rest of the season. So he finds out the day after that Danny is hurt and because the commish didn't "accept" the trade it's not done. If it doesn't get done I'm dropping all my players and letting them hit FA

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 09-11-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I'm about to quit this league. Monday night I got a counter proposal of Eli+ Randle for Amendola+ Thompkins. I accept. Just waiting for the commish to push it through. I text him and he said "Alvin doesn't want to do it anymore because Amendola is hurt". I told his tough and if he doesn't push it through I'm quitting and benching all my players the rest of the season. So he finds out the day after that Danny is hurt and because the commish didn't "accept" the trade it's not done. If it doesn't get done I'm dropping all my players and letting them hit FA
Better yet, only bench them against bottom tier teams and start them against the better teams and hope you can cost the better teams some games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Yikes. I like Tate in a game that looks to be a shoot out. Good DST's be damned. Baldwin may be the way to go for the sneaky play. Cover the Seattle WRs so you get points either way. I do like Brown, too, though. Look at Harline's stats to see how the WR2 can produce when Haden locks down the WR1. Wilson should be in your lineup. See note on him below for Bert. Presumably, you need to swap Sudfeld for another TE, right? Clark is my one week guy. Winslow is good, too.
Yeah Wilson's staying in the lineup for one more week, I don't have much choice. I stashed Scott though since we have deep benches. Brown's playing the Bengals, no? I still kind of like him, will be a tough call between him and Baldwin. I've actually got Julius Thomas at TE as well, I don't like carrying backups there but with Gronk out, some uncertainty with Sudfeld, and the ability to start 3 (one TE, one WR/TE, one RB/WR/TE) I grabbed them both late when I wasn't a fan of the WR options.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Yeah Wilson's staying in the lineup for one more week, I don't have much choice. I stashed Scott though since we have deep benches. Brown's playing the Bengals, no? I still kind of like him, will be a tough call between him and Baldwin. I've actually got Julius Thomas at TE as well, I don't like carrying backups there but with Gronk out, some uncertainty with Sudfeld, and the ability to start 3 (one TE, one WR/TE, one RB/WR/TE) I grabbed them both late when I wasn't a fan of the WR options.
Baltimore plays Cleveland. It's the reason I like Dallas Clark - Miami's TE & WR2 did great while Wallace was locked down. (Personally, I see Wallace as a take the money and run guy, so I don't want anything to do with him this year.)

Drop Sudfeld. He has zero value now. He was apparently in the dog house for fumbling in week 3 preseason, didn't play much at all (in favor of Hooman) and then managed to lose his balance and cause an INT with his stumble when he was targeted. Now he's nursing an injury. With Thomas & Gronk you can play a WR/RB in your flex during the bye week for each TE. There's no need to carry another - especially a preseason darling gone bad.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Oh and he's going to allow a Vick for Moreno trade. **** it I'm out.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.5 ppr

Ryan Mathews @ PHI
Brian Hartline @ IND
Michael Floyd vs. DET

I thought this team would have no depth (very competitive 12-team league with a flex), but I have 5 startable receivers it seems.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Baltimore plays Cleveland. It's the reason I like Dallas Clark - Miami's TE & WR2 did great while Wallace was locked down. (Personally, I see Wallace as a take the money and run guy, so I don't want anything to do with him this year.)

Drop Sudfeld. He has zero value now. He was apparently in the dog house for fumbling in week 3 preseason, didn't play much at all (in favor of Hooman) and then managed to lose his balance and cause an INT with his stumble when he was targeted. Now he's nursing an injury. With Thomas & Gronk you can play a WR/RB in your flex during the bye week for each TE. There's no need to carry another - especially a preseason darling gone bad.
Brain fart, I'm thinking of the other AFCN matchup. Not big on Wallace either. I think I may go with Brown, solid point on the Haden matchup and he's an interesting long-term option.

And that being the case I'll drop Sudfeld for him. Was probably what I was going to do anyway. When I drafted him it was worth the flier if he could end up with a similar role to Hernandez, but it's looking bad and as a Pats fan I'll certainly take it from you. Drafting Sudfeld/Thomas was more of an either/or proposition as a contingency plan for Gronk - was hoping one would hit. Looks like it's Thomas.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So without Eli because my commissioner is a ***** these are my options at QB.

Dalton vs Pitt
Cutler vs Minny
Pryor vs Jax
Old 09-11-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dalton pretty easily

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh Cutler vs Minny is pretty enticing as well.

My fear is Cinci will get up early and try and get Lawfirm and Gio some carries vs a potentially weak Pittsburgh Defense.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I have Dalton plugged in right now. I have no idea why he's only projected 14 points.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Pryor should put up points too, particularly as a running QB.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler for me of those 3. Pryor is a nice option but I want to see more before I trust him to start.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This league sounds like pure hell. No reason to be a part of a league thats handled in this way. I wouldnt trust anything or anyone. Get out as soon as you can and make sure you get your money back.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So if I sit MJD in my flex who do I start?

Bowe vs Dallas
Hilton vs Miami
Thompkins vs Jets
Bell vs Zona
Old 09-11-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Pryor might end up like an awesome fantasy option this year.

He's going to be coming from behind all year, they can't run the ball, and he's got immense talent.

Kinda reminds me of W1 three years ago when Cam broke out. Not to that extent, but people were skeptical, I added him immediately and ended up trading him for a good haul.

Pryor was a once-in-a-lifetime recruit at one point for a reason...

Pick him up.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some needed advice from FlyingElvis and the rest ya for this week.

QB: Philip Rivers vs. Eagles OR Andy Dalton vs. Steelers

D/ST: Baltimore D/ST vs. Browns OR Dallas D/ST vs. Chiefs

Flex: Stevie Johnson vs. Panthers OR Brian Hartline vs. Colts

+rep for suggestions :)
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Rivers
Dallas
Hartline

answer mine.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Some needed advice from FlyingElvis and the rest ya for this week.

QB: Philip Rivers vs. Eagles OR Andy Dalton vs. Steelers

D/ST: Baltimore D/ST vs. Browns OR Dallas D/ST vs. Chiefs

Flex: Stevie Johnson vs. Panthers OR Brian Hartline vs. Colts

+rep for suggestions :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Rivers
Dallas
Hartline

answer mine.
I would take Hartline from your 3 options. I think he will fare well vs. the Colts. Floyd would be my second option.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quite the circlejerk. We both advise Hartline because he's on our own team. lol.

Anybody else?
Old 09-11-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

After calling him on his Vick for Moreno trade he had no choice but to push through my trade. So I got Eli+ Randle
Old 09-11-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I like Hartline too, I think he's Tannehill's guy much moreso than Wallace. Could see a decent amount of points getting scored in that game also. Can't get behind Mathews and I'd like to see Floyd consistently score points since there's a lot of options in that passing game and Fitz is a clear #1.