Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-17-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
pick 2 of these:
RB Gio Bernard vs GB
RB Stevan Ridley vs TB
WR Kendall Wright vs SD
WR Marlon Brown vs HOU

leaning Gio and Kendall right now. PPR and tired of being screwed by Ridley
If Gronk is back Ridley is a play.

So, with Gronk

Ridley/Wright

Without Gronk

Gio/Wright

Which defense do you guys line this week out of Bills vs Jets or Vikings vs Browns (Jason Campbell starting)
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you go Vikings.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gronk. Please come back.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gronk is already projected 16.2 points
Old 09-17-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.5 PPR, deciding between Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, and TY Hilton for my WR3. Thinking Hilton has to be the play right now. Agreed?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. I love Gordon but I want to see him do it before I put him in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also have VJax and Garcon, plus Forte/Trent Rich/Sproles in RB/Flex. Gordon or Hilton could be trade fodder eventually...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be choosing between Gordon and Roddy for my WR3 depending on the practice updates from Roddy.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 09-17-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets fan in my league supposedly wants Brady/Ridley off his team. We start 2 QB's, 2 RB's, a flex, 3 WR's, a TE, a K, and a D/ST. At RB/QB I've got Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Jake Locker, Reggie Bush, Frank Gore, MJD, Daryl Richardson, and Roy Helu. Certainly think Ridley could be a solid add despite the fact we're a .5 PPR league given all of my RB injuries and I wouldn't mind flipping Wilson for Brady as my every week starter either. Thoughts?

In addition to those spots I go about 6 deep at WR (Nelson, Torrey, Antonio Brown, Decker, Hilton, Shorts) so that could be something to move as well.

Last edited by derza222 : 09-17-2013 at 01:47 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm putting in for Starks first but I really want Royal.
Royal should be the top target regardless of rosters or needs. He should be a solid long term play vs. Starks as a short term rental.

Quote:
Just pulled off Rice/Edelman for Beast Mode/Garcon. So stoked!
You did a great job finding the dumbass in the league. lol

Quote:
Ok need two WR's and a flex.

Bowe vs Philly
Nicks vs Carolina
Hilton vs SF
Gordon vs Minny
Garcon vs Det
J. Bell vs WSH
Bowe / Nicks / Garcon for me, too. I'd be tempted to sit Bowe but then I'd remember how awful the Eagles DST is.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Royal should be the top target regardless of rosters or needs. He should be a solid long term play vs. Starks as a short term rental.

You did a great job finding the dumbass in the league. lol

Bowe / Nicks / Garcon for me, too. I'd be tempted to sit Bowe but then I'd remember how awful the Eagles DST is.
If I do get royal off waivers so I start him over Bowe?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
pick 2 of these:
RB Gio Bernard vs GB
RB Stevan Ridley vs TB
WR Kendall Wright vs SD
WR Marlon Brown vs HOU

leaning Gio and Kendall right now. PPR and tired of being screwed by Ridley
Gio and Wright in PPR. Ridley is a tough start in PPR under good conditions. Right now I'm scared of any Pats player until the offense stops sputtering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
.5 PPR, deciding between Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, and TY Hilton for my WR3. Thinking Hilton has to be the play right now. Agreed?
Hilton. It's a tough start vs. the 49ers but I agree that Gordon has to show something and Campbell is in line to start this week anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Jets fan in my league supposedly wants Brady/Ridley off his team. We start 2 QB's, 2 RB's, a flex, 3 WR's, a TE, a K, and a D/ST. At RB/QB I've got Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Jake Locker, Reggie Bush, Frank Gore, MJD, Daryl Richardson, and Roy Helu. Certainly think Ridley could be a solid add despite the fact we're a .5 PPR league given all of my RB injuries and I wouldn't mind flipping Wilson for Brady as my every week starter either. Thoughts?

In addition to those spots I go about 6 deep at WR (Nelson, Torrey, Antonio Brown, Decker, Hilton, Shorts) so that could be something to move as well.
It's definitely worth starting discussion with the Brady/Ridley owner. They're both buy low so it's a great time to nab them.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
If I do get royal off waivers so I start him over Bowe?
They will make a nice match up based pairing, but this week it should be Bowe.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's definitely worth starting discussion with the Brady/Ridley owner. They're both buy low so it's a great time to nab them.
Right now I'm kicking around offering Wilson/MJD for Brady/Ridley. I think Ridley faced a tough run D last week and even in .5 PPR is an upgrade over a dinged up MJD, particularly with Vereen out for a while. Brady I like to bounce back in a passing centered offense with Gronk back and his receivers progressing and think he'll be more consistent week to week than Wilson in a run-first offense. Would love your thoughts here as a Pats fan, FE.

Also David Wilson's owner is fed up so I'm kicking around taking a flier and offering one of my lower end WR's (Shorts, probably) who I'll never start anyway.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Right now I'm kicking around offering Wilson/MJD for Brady/Ridley. I think Ridley faced a tough run D last week and even in .5 PPR is an upgrade over a dinged up MJD, particularly with Vereen out for a while. Brady I like to bounce back in a passing centered offense with Gronk back and his receivers progressing and think he'll be more consistent week to week than Wilson in a run-first offense. Would love your thoughts here as a Pats fan, FE.

Also David Wilson's owner is fed up so I'm kicking around taking a flier and offering one of my lower end WR's (Shorts, probably) who I'll never start anyway.
haha . . . just read back and saw the edit.

Yes, I'd expect the same. The Pats left a lot on the field and the offense should improve as the year goes on. Gronk looks like a lock for week 4 (50/50 reports for this week) and the offense should get a huge bump with him as the primary target. Edelman as #2 and Dobson/Thompkins as #3/4 makes for a much more palatable offense and better numbers for Brady. The run game was squashed b/c there was no real threat in the passing game. Once Amendola & Vereen are back w/Gronk the offense is beastly again.

I like Wilson as a trade target, too. Even if it's only a buy low now and flip him as soon as he has a big game. He has too much talent (especially relative to his backfield mates) to not be heavily involved in the game plan. I'd guess you will be declined on Shorts straight, though. Antonio or Torrey might have better name recognition and should be an easier sell with offenses that actually resemble competent, NFL caliber squads.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So one guy in my league his roster looks like this

RB-Law Firm/Reece/D. Wilson/K. Hunter/J. Battle
Wr-Megatron/DT88/DJAX/M. Williams/G. Tate

My situation is

RB-Lynch/Forte/MJD/J. Bell/PT23
WR-Nicks/Bowe/Gordon/Hilton/Thompkins/Royal (hopefully)

What could I do to get a better WR for my team? Specifically DT88.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
haha . . . just read back and saw the edit.

Yes, I'd expect the same. The Pats left a lot on the field and the offense should improve as the year goes on. Gronk looks like a lock for week 4 (50/50 reports for this week) and the offense should get a huge bump with him as the primary target. Edelman as #2 and Dobson/Thompkins as #3/4 makes for a much more palatable offense and better numbers for Brady. The run game was squashed b/c there was no real threat in the passing game. Once Amendola & Vereen are back w/Gronk the offense is beastly again.

I like Wilson as a trade target, too. Even if it's only a buy low now and flip him as soon as he has a big game. He has too much talent (especially relative to his backfield mates) to not be heavily involved in the game plan. I'd guess you will be declined on Shorts straight, though. Antonio or Torrey might have better name recognition and should be an easier sell with offenses that actually resemble competent, NFL caliber squads.
Cool, that was my thought process as well. I think Gronk really helps make everything tick.

I'm not expecting to get accepted on Shorts either, but if he's interested in doing something he'll counter, if not he won't, and if he accepts it then I'll take that.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
So one guy in my league his roster looks like this

RB-Law Firm/Reece/D. Wilson/K. Hunter/J. Battle
Wr-Megatron/DT88/DJAX/M. Williams/G. Tate

My situation is

RB-Lynch/Forte/MJD/J. Bell/PT23
WR-Nicks/Bowe/Gordon/Hilton/Thompkins/Royal (hopefully)

What could I do to get a better WR for my team? Specifically DT88.
You could try Bell + WR. MJD doesn't have the numbers to get any attention and he's banged up. Trading Lynch or Forte is out of the question, since it would make it a push. If MJD gets it done that'd be ideal, though.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
You could try Bell + WR. MJD doesn't have the numbers to get any attention and he's banged up. Trading Lynch or Forte is out of the question, since it would make it a push. If MJD gets it done that'd be ideal, though.
So first offer should be MJD + say, Bowe or Nicks? Also should I ask for D. Wilson in return? He's starting Reece over him so I'm sure he's pissed and would throw him in. I just get the feeling he might blow up.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 09-17-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PPR - Lamar Miller or Knowshon?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm buying low on Ridley by sending over Gio Bernard. Good move? Someone also dropped David Wilson and I have the first waiver priority. I'm pumped that I'll land him for nothing.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
So first offer should be MJD + say, Bowe or Nicks? Also should I ask for D. Wilson in return? He's starting Reece over him so I'm sure he's pissed and would throw him in. I just get the feeling he might blow up.
Worth a shot. If you could land Wilson and DT for MJD plus any WR it's a nice trade for you. Even if it's Bell + WR it's good. The Giants have no RB anywhere near the talent level of Wilson. He will get touches still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
PPR - Lamar Miller or Knowshon?
Tough one. Miller = quantity vs. Knowshon = quality. I would feel more comfortable hitching my wagon to the Broncos offense. I thought Moreno would be pulled after fumbling but he played more and blew up. Roll with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'm buying low on Ridley by sending over Gio Bernard. Good move? Someone also dropped David Wilson and I have the first waiver priority. I'm pumped that I'll land him for nothing.
Stop playing in free leagues! lol

I really like Gio but he's a rookie RB and will disappear often. I like it as a buy low on Ridley.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Definitely on buying low on Ridley which is the smart move. I would also use the first waiver on Wilson - there is no other better time to buy on him because eventually for the Giants to win, he needs to be involved and they know that.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Worth a shot. If you could land Wilson and DT for MJD plus any WR it's a nice trade for you. Even if it's Bell + WR it's good. The Giants have no RB anywhere near the talent level of Wilson. He will get touches still.

Tough one. Miller = quantity vs. Knowshon = quality. I would feel more comfortable hitching my wagon to the Broncos offense. I thought Moreno would be pulled after fumbling but he played more and blew up. Roll with it.

Stop playing in free leagues! lol

I really like Gio but he's a rookie RB and will disappear often. I like it as a buy low on Ridley.
This is a work league for 20 bucks lol.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel the need to make the same offer(Gio for Ridley)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote