Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-18-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Ridley owner and I wouldn't trade him for Starks and Royal. You'd have to drop one of those guys and include somebody who isn't just posting fluke performances.

Frustration is pretty high though, so I could understand if people traded Ridley for any half-decent player(s). A few days ago, I was willing trade Ridley for anybody with a pulse. It's worth trying.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well in fairness Royal was damn good a few seasons ago as was Starks. So its not really a fluke as it is a return to form... Or at least that is the ******** I would feed whomever I am trying to trade with.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone picked up J. Starks and dropped Lacy...I have 350 tokens how much should I bid on him?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Who (besides Ridley) are some buy low or sell high candidates right now?
Any perennial stud that's down due to injury or slow start (Brady, for example) is a buy low. The easiest way to spot them is to look at your league's draft results and target guys drafted high that are not performing up to expectations. The other consideration would be guys with a big week 1 that fell off the map in week 2, especially if they're break out candidates like Jared Cook or Kaep. These guys get more tricky, though, b/c they could be inconsistent all season and you've simply bought into a headache, regardless of price.
Brady, Ridley, Wilson are the guys we keep discussing. CJ?K, Trent Richardson, Roddy White, Cam.

Sell high is generally much more obvious. They have a huge week that isn't likely to be duplicated or high injury risk - sell 'em. Vick, Boldin, Amendola (last week) or Rivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
PPR: Gio Bernard vs Joique Bell
Bell. Washington DST is fantasy gold for any offense they face so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman View Post
I just made a trade in my league, someone tell me I might the right move.

Traded:

DeMarco Murray
Josh Gordon

Received:

Larry Fitzgerald
Chris Givens
It's a decent trade. I wonder what you're RB lineup looks like, though. Murray is a solid RB2 and you now have . . . who?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tokens? If that is like $ for a bidding process what have other people been paying for people?
Old 09-18-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're supposed to get an update on Lacy today. If he can go this week, he'll almost certainly be the starter. If he can't and Starks has another big game (and this is a big if, IMO), I think Starks could keep the starting job for a little while.

Also, the Packers have a week 4 bye. Factor that into your analysis.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Tokens? If that is like $ for a bidding process what have other people been paying for people?
Yeah we start with 500 FA bidding tokens. Snelling went for 30, M. Brown 23, Fleener 36, Charles Clay 50, Starks 100 LOL, Royal 80. I currently have a bid in for 100
Old 09-18-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

100 is a bit high but Lacey has more value than Starks and is probably a popular target. So you are going to have to overbid if you do want him.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
0-2, help me set my lineup...PPR, .25 points per completion.

I'd sit Smith and Miller in favor of Bush and Moreno (Royal to WR to open flex).

Miller is on the upswing but has to prove it some more, while Bush and Moreno enjoy the top spot in prolific offenses. They have a much better shot a huge games every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Considering trying to move David Wilson+WRs+stuff to get Ridley and Tannehill in a dynasty league. Thoughts?
Interesting. Selling low on Wilson but getting a buy low on Ridley. I suppose it depends a lot on your roster and lineups, but I really liked Tannehill coming into the season and love his long term value. Ultimately, in dynasty, I feel like the true value is at QB and WR b/c they have long careers. So I guess it also depends on the "WR+suff" involved. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
How exactly do waiver wires work? I put in a claim for royal and I'm 0-2 and the guy whose ranked #1 got him. All 3 guys I put claims in for went to winning teams.
There are three basic options:
  1. Free Agent Acquisition Budget (FAAB) - which is a blind bid system. You add a waiver claim w/a dollar amount and the system will award players based on the high bid. (this is, without question, the best option, imo.)
  2. Rolling Waivers - which is the system responsible for guys asking "do I use my #1 Waiver position on PlayerXXX?" This system "rolls" through each team and moves teams up and down the list based on their claims. Each week, if you make a claim, you get bumped to the bottom of the list. But every other team does, too. A few posts back Fenikz mentioned his free agent claims dropping Randle for Wright and taking over the #1 waiver spot. He didn't put in any waiver claims (instead waiting until the waivers were processed and then doing free agent moves, which don't affect waiver order) so he rose to the top of the list b/c other teams ahead of him did place claims.
  3. Lame Waivers - don't remember the actual name but this is the one that recalculates every week based on winning percentages (and other voodoo involving crappy teams being rewarded for their suckitude.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Would you guys try to do something like Mike Williams and James Starks for Ridley?
Sure. I would only want that if I was getting Ridley, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Or what about Royal and Starks for Steven Jackson? or Wilson? Out of Ridley, Jackson, and Wilson, who would you guys trade for? I could probably swing at all three of them and get them with that proposal form the guys who own them in my ten man.
Wilson / Ridley / Jackson for me. I love Jackson but not this year. He's too old and Atlanta will pass more often than not and it will be primarily to Jones / White / Gonz. Wilson v. Ridley is close. The tie goes to the more explosive guy for me.

Quote:
N Burleson or Stevie in the flex? And would you start Snelling, Woodhead, or risk that Rice is healthy or MJD can do anything against Seattle? .5 PPR
Burleson this week. Skins D . . .

I certainly wouldn't play MJD. I'd go Rice & Woodhead in PPR.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Someone picked up J. Starks and dropped Lacy...I have 350 tokens how much should I bid on him?
Based on those prices, I'd go a little over 100. It's tough early in the season, but that's a #1 RB on the wire. Half your budget is not an overpay, imo.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I certainly wouldn't play MJD. I'd go Rice & Woodhead in PPR.
Let me rephrase that FE.. .5 PPR pick 2 RB and a Flex.

Snelling vs Miami
Sproles vs Zona
Rice vs Houston (injured)
Woodhead vs Tennessee
Burleson vs Washington
S. Johnson vs Jets
Old 09-18-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How exactly do waiver wires work? I put in a claim for royal and I'm 0-2 and the guy whose ranked #1 got him. All 3 guys I put claims in for went to winning teams.
There's all type of rules you'll just have to look at your league. Some leagues it's draft order, some leagues it's a "rolling" one that starts off with a certain order and "rolls" based on when people make moves. Others it's a complete opposite order of the standings, and others it's based on how many moves you make.

Most leagues will say where you are in the waiver list
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who to start in the flex, standard scoring non-PPR

Gio v. GB
Moreno v. Oak
DeAngelo v. NYG
David Wilson @ CAR
Decker v. Oak

Need to pick one.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Moreno with little thought otherwise.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remembered to use waivers this week. I'm so proud of myself, especially as a Lacy owner. James Starks and Buffalo defense because my team is just that cool.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got offered Gio Bernard for David Wilson in a .5 PPR keeper league. Bernard could be kept next year for a 3 (reasonably steep) and Wilson can't be kept. Don't like selling low on Wilson but I do like Bernard quite a bit in Cincinnati. Leaning no, but is this something I should consider more strongly?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Vick v. KC or Kaep v. Ind in standard scoring?
Old 09-18-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaep will run wild on Walden again. I'd go with him.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I am trying to trade Calvin Johnson and BGE for Jamaal Charles. I know it seems like I am losing this trade but I am really strong at receiver (Colston, Boldin, Decker, Miles Austin, Gordon, and Hopkins) while I am really weak at running back (Gore, Moreno, Lacy, Fred Jackson).

I think I am getting a good trade here but the person hasn't agreed yet. My backup plan is Calvin Johnson and BGE for Spiller and Tony Gonzalez/Mike Williams/Charles Clay (my choice), which the person has already agreed to. Obviously the first trade is better but am I coming out okay in both trades here? PPR league, by the way.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
So I am trying to trade Calvin Johnson and BGE for Jamaal Charles. I know it seems like I am losing this trade but I am really strong at receiver (Colston, Boldin, Decker, Miles Austin, Gordon, and Hopkins) while I am really weak at running back (Gore, Moreno, Lacy, Fred Jackson).

I think I am getting a good trade here but the person hasn't agreed yet. My backup plan is Calvin Johnson and BGE for Spiller and Tony Gonzalez/Mike Williams/Charles Clay (my choice), which the person has already agreed to. Obviously the first trade is better but am I coming out okay in both trades here? PPR league, by the way.
You're not as strong at WR as you think you are...and if you go through with the first one you better get a WR with Charles.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked up Royal off waivers this week, so who should be my third WR?

Stevie Johnson @ NYJ, Emmanuel Sanders vs. CHI, Royal @ TEN?

My two other starters are Nicks and Torrey Smith.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Let me rephrase that FE.. .5 PPR pick 2 RB and a Flex.

Snelling vs Miami
Sproles vs Zona
Rice vs Houston (injured)
Woodhead vs Tennessee
Burleson vs Washington
S. Johnson vs Jets
Sproles, Woodhead and Burleson for me. I'd start Rice over Woodhead if everything sounds good on him to play and play well - even knowing he'll get a little less action would be fine.

Quote:
Who to start in the flex, standard scoring non-PPR

Gio v. GB
Moreno v. Oak
DeAngelo v. NYG
David Wilson @ CAR
Decker v. Oak

Need to pick one.
Moreno for me, too. Until it looks like someone else is the man (or even movement back to a full-blown RBBC) in Denver, everybody should be riding Moreno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Got offered Gio Bernard for David Wilson in a .5 PPR keeper league. Bernard could be kept next year for a 3 (reasonably steep) and Wilson can't be kept. Don't like selling low on Wilson but I do like Bernard quite a bit in Cincinnati. Leaning no, but is this something I should consider more strongly?
You should be considering it more strongly. Gio is on the move up w/only BJGE to surpass. Wilson is on the way down with Andre Brown coming back and Jacobs/Scott there to vulture until Brown returns. The keeper potential is enough to put him over the top for me. If he takes over as the full time, 3 down back (which everyone expects him to do) then you're looking at a top 15 pick in round 3 next season.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Vick v. KC or Kaep v. Ind in standard scoring?
Kaep. The Chiefs DST worries me far more than Indy. This one comes down to roster, for me. If you have a solid base of players that are reliable points, play Vick for the huge upside. If you have a lot of high risk/reward guys starting, go with Kaep, as I think he is the lower floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post

I think you are stronger at RB than you think and weaker at WR than you think. Gore will be a strong producer (21 carries week one) and Moreno & Fred are good PPR RBs, too.

I agree that you should be getting a reasonably decent WR back in that Charles deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Picked up Royal off waivers this week, so who should be my third WR?

Stevie Johnson @ NYJ, Emmanuel Sanders vs. CHI, Royal @ TEN?

My two other starters are Nicks and Torrey Smith.
Royal. Ride the numbers for now.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Gordon vs. Minnesota
Roddy White vs. Miami
Bernard Pierce vs. Houston
Gio Bernard vs. Green Bay

Choose two to fit into my WR3/Flex.
PPR League

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote