Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-17-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
While I agree with the explanation and logic of my boy Cain, I disagree with the idea of benching Gordon for Wallace. Gordon gave Wallace a 2 game head start and still has nearly 20% more points. His average PPW is twice that of Wallace and he has a higher ceiling and higher floor, with a low so far of 11 vs. Wallace with a 2.4 and 4.2 and 5.4. For me, Gordon is a fringe tier 1 guy who doesn't come out of my lineup. Allen is blowing up right in front of us. Wallace is a guy who has shown us he is unreliable.
Not starting Wallace this week is insanity. Sure Gordon is more reliable but (Packer fan here) Shields has been good on #1 WR. Look at Torrey and AJ the past few weeks. I just don't see Gordon being anywhere even close to the start that Wallace is this week.

Sure I could eat crow on this but I am willing to wager on it.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walalce has a great matchup but I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him. Maybe the bye week will help get him and Tannehill on the same page but idk...I'm starting to wonder if Wallace just sucks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a related but separate note.

I told Fins fans I thought Wallace was a bad signing. I think they should have gone after Jennings.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 2 - Non PPR
R Mathews @ Jac
D Woodhead @ Jac
M Jones-Drew vs SD
M Bennett @Was

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun here...

STANDARD SCORING (No-PPR):

Roddy White was dropped by someone and I have #1 waiver claim. My first thought is to dive all over it but figured I'd ask here first.

My Team:
Cam Newton Car - QB
Dez Bryant Dal - WR
Josh Gordon Cle - WR
Doug Martin TB - RB
Lamar Miller Mia - RB
Jordan Cameron Cle - TE
Antonio Brown Pit - WR
Matt Bryant Atl - K
Miami Mia - DEF

Bench
Jay Cutler Chi - QB
Danny Amendola NE - WR
T.Y. Hilton Ind - WR
DeMarco Murray Dal - RB
Chris Johnson Ten - RB
Jared Cook StL - TE

Thoughts? The other option is to wait it out and not use a waiver claim and hope no one else does and sign him first thing in the morning on the 19th.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drop Cook.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I think you take him... I think you have to take him.

Drop Cook imo.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Drop Cook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think you take him... I think you have to take him.

Drop Cook imo.
That's what I thought. :D I love when people do silly things in money leagues.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not starting Wallace this week is insanity. Sure Gordon is more reliable but (Packer fan here) Shields has been good on #1 WR. Look at Torrey and AJ the past few weeks. I just don't see Gordon being anywhere even close to the start that Wallace is this week.

Sure I could eat crow on this but I am willing to wager on it.
The match up is great but . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Walalce has a great matchup but I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him. Maybe the bye week will help get him and Tannehill on the same page but idk...I'm starting to wonder if Wallace just sucks.
I've been saying all season that Wallace looks like a guy who got paid and isn't putting forth tremendous effort at least through preseason, which is important for a new team member. I don't think he sucks, but I do think he's a one trick pony and won't be reliable b/c of all of that.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pick 2 - Non PPR
R Mathews @ Jac
D Woodhead @ Jac
M Jones-Drew vs SD
M Bennett @Was
Mathews and Bennett. The only real concern will be if SD gets up early and pulls the GlassMan out to protect him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

Roddy White was dropped by someone and I have #1 waiver claim. My first thought is to dive all over it but figured I'd ask here first.

My Team:
Cam Newton Car - QB
Dez Bryant Dal - WR
Josh Gordon Cle - WR
Doug Martin TB - RB
Lamar Miller Mia - RB
Jordan Cameron Cle - TE
Antonio Brown Pit - WR
Matt Bryant Atl - K
Miami Mia - DEF

Bench
Jay Cutler Chi - QB
Danny Amendola NE - WR
T.Y. Hilton Ind - WR
DeMarco Murray Dal - RB
Chris Johnson Ten - RB
Jared Cook StL - TE

Thoughts? The other option is to wait it out and not use a waiver claim and hope no one else does and sign him first thing in the morning on the 19th.
Absolutely drop Cook for him. Once Murray / White / Amendola are back in action you should have plenty of capital to make a 2:1 deal for a RB upgrade.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Correct but even as a one trick pony he has put up great numbers pretty much season after season. This is the game where it doesn't matter how unreliable IMO.

STEPHEN HILL WENT OFF ON BUFFALO and if he isn't more of an unreliable one trick pony well then I don't know who is.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Correct but even as a one trick pony he has put up great numbers pretty much season after season. This is the game where it doesn't matter how unreliable IMO.

STEPHEN HILL WENT OFF ON BUFFALO and if he isn't more of an unreliable one trick pony well then I don't know who is.
Keep in mind Gilmore is back now.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Keep in mind Gilmore is back now.
So is Byrd I know... but as I said I think Wallace gets 100+ and a TD in this game.

But really what I am getting at is that I think Wallace while more unreliable is going to have a better game than Gordon.

As I have been saying the Packers have flipped Tramon and Shields role. Since that has happened opposing WR (Green and Smith) have this stat line:

12 targets, 5 receptions 58 yards and 1 TD.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need advice on my defense:

I currently have TEN (v SF) and CIN (@ DET) on my roster. I am not sure I love either matchup, although I think they'll be good for 7-10pts.

Minnesota (@NYG) is out on FA. I got burnt by them last week actually losing me 3 pts, but the Giants have given up the most points to fantasy D/ST out of anyone. I think they even gave up a td (either on offense or ST) in 5 of their 6 games.

Do I trust the Vikings D/ST and go with big potential or not?

It is my money league and I am favored to win by 7 at the moment with the Titans defense in their so do I go conservative or take the risk?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My Team:
Cam Newton Car - QB
Dez Bryant Dal - WR
Josh Gordon Cle - WR
Doug Martin TB - RB
Lamar Miller Mia - RB
Jordan Cameron Cle - TE
Antonio Brown Pit - WR
Matt Bryant Atl - K
Miami Mia - DEF

Bench
Jay Cutler Chi - QB
Danny Amendola NE - WR
T.Y. Hilton Ind - WR
DeMarco Murray Dal - RB
Chris Johnson Ten - RB
Jared Cook StL - TE

I would drop Cutler, I don't value back-up QBs very much.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

I currently have TEN (v SF) and CIN (@ DET) on my roster. I am not sure I love either matchup, although I think they'll be good for 7-10pts.

Minnesota (@NYG) is out on FA. I got burnt by them last week actually losing me 3 pts, but the Giants have given up the most points to fantasy D/ST out of anyone. I think they even gave up a td (either on offense or ST) in 5 of their 6 games.

It is my money league and I am favored to win by 7 at the moment with the Titans defense in their so do I go conservative or take the risk?
Conservative. I don't like that Vikings defense... well ever. The only way I would switch is if you can get the Dolphins DST.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pick 3 - 0.5 PPR
M Bennett @ Was
M Wallace vs Buf
C Shorts vs SD
D Bowe vs Hou
R White vs TB
J Edleman @ NYJ
Cautious playing White, but if he's playing then you start him.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pick 2 - Non PPR
R Mathews @ Jac
D Woodhead @ Jac
M Jones-Drew vs SD
M Bennett @Was
Quote:

My Team:
Cam Newton Car - QB
Dez Bryant Dal - WR
Josh Gordon Cle - WR
Doug Martin TB - RB
Lamar Miller Mia - RB
Jordan Cameron Cle - TE
Antonio Brown Pit - WR
Matt Bryant Atl - K
Miami Mia - DEF

Bench
Jay Cutler Chi - QB
Danny Amendola NE - WR
T.Y. Hilton Ind - WR
DeMarco Murray Dal - RB
Chris Johnson Ten - RB
Jared Cook StL - TE

Drop Jared Cook. He's not starting over Jordan Cameron.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

No. Vikings DST is likely to get completely torched on MNF. Shootout City.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Cautious playing White, but if he's playing then you start him.
You must not own Dwayne Bowe or look at his stats.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
You must not own Dwayne Bowe or look at his stats.
I don't own him but I do know he's getting about 6.5 tagets per game. If he catches 4 of those, he could eclipse 90 yards and a td. He's a threat to break out at any second.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I don't own him but I do know he's getting about 6.5 tagets per game. If he catches 4 of those, he could eclipse 90 yards and a td. He's a threat to break out at any second.
Which is less than Bennett is getting in both quantity and quality. Bowe also has a terrible match up compared to Bennett.

Bowe is a good WR in an awful situation. To me, he's only a bye week or injury replacement WR.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which is less than Bennett is getting in both quantity and quality. Bowe also has a terrible match up compared to Bennett.

Bowe is a good WR in an awful situation. To me, he's only a bye week or injury replacement WR.
Yeah I just traded Bowe for Ryan Mathews. Two fantasy underachievers, but I have Calvin, Flash Gordon and T.Y.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Me and Cain made a trade of Bowe for Lamar Miller (I got Bowe, he got Lamar). Both of us have been happy with the production we've received, as even if it hasn't been great, it has been better than the production we were getting.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

It was the easiest trade ever too... Jesus. Every other trade has like 900 messages and everyone wants the world.