Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Still happy with my decision to trade for Witten

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I'd think you have to go with one of the QB's, particularly given the Jets haven't been friendly to opposing backs this year. Think the Cleveland-Green Bay matchup has a better chance to be high scoring than Buffalo-Miami so I'd say Weeden, but if you think otherwise then I couldn't argue with Lewis either.

Given the option to go QB though, that's the direction I'd go in. Way better floor and arguably a better ceiling too.
Yeah this is how I feel. Weeden was 8 yards from 300 as it was, which would have been. 3 or 4 point bonus in our league. I'm leaning Thad, but Weeden always has the potential to throw a bomb to Gordon. I think an 80 yard td is a 13 point play in this league
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Gronk is going to kill it and make me regret trading him.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AND I GOT VEREEN
Old 10-18-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh sweet Gronk. I'm expecting 3 TDs......maybe 4.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 1 - 20 passing yards per point
A Luck vs Den
P Rivers @ Jax
N Foles vs Dal

Pick 3 - PPR
K Moreno @ Ind
A Morris vs Chi
S Ridley vs Den
R Gronkowski @ NYJ
J Thomas @ Ind

sad thing is I can only keep 2 at the end of the year, have Jamaal Charles too

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pick 1 - 20 passing yards per point
A Luck vs Den
P Rivers @ Jax
N Foles vs Dal

Pick 3 - PPR
K Moreno @ Ind
A Morris vs Chi
S Ridley vs Den
R Gronkowski @ NYJ
J Thomas @ Ind

sad thing is I can only keep 2 at the end of the year, have Jamaal Charles too
Foles, Moreno, Gronk, Thomas.

I have a hard time trusting Luck in a game that I think will be dominated on both sides of the ball by Denver. Just a gut feeling, with the expectation that Peyton rolls like it's a reckonin' and the whole team feeds off him all week.

Morris & Ridley get the downgrade in ppr.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I did hear Gronk was playing limited snaps so tread lightly.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Cutler. He is hot and has been consistent. Foles could be good again or lay an egg. Much riskier and not really a tremendous upside over Cutler's upside.
I am ALL about the risky plays, Elvis
Why else would I post in here? You know I know what I'm doing ;)
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I am ALL about the risky plays, Elvis
Why else would I post in here? You know I know what I'm doing ;)
lol.

You know the general disclaimer is to assess your lineup. Lots of solid, reliable scorers = play the risk!

Old 10-18-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm keeping Gronk on my bench. I have Julius Thomas, so I'm gonna see what Gronk plays like before inserting him into my lineup.

Need some advice on a few spots, all in my money league.
WR3: V-Jax @ ATL OR Keenan Allen @ JAX.
My analysis: V-Jax destroyed it last week and was a large reason for my upset victory, but with M.Williams hobbled and the huge week will ATL find a way to double or bracket him? Allen has posted 16 and 17 pts in my league the past two weeks and should do well again this week.

RB2:
Chris Johnson v. SF OR CJ Spiller @ MIA
My analysis: If Spiller were healthy I'd go with him in this matchup. But he's still hobbled a little and that worries me. One tweak and he's done for the rest of the game. I expect CJ to do better than last week, as I think starting the new center will help some. Hopefully Greene and Locker return, but I am not sure if they will or not.

I've also got Bilal Powell, but I am not really thinking of starting him at this moment.

This is standard scoring, no PPR, 3WR, 2RB and no flex. I am currently projected to win by 8, but he's got a few guys that could really outscore their projections rather easily.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I'm keeping Gronk on my bench. I have Julius Thomas, so I'm gonna see what Gronk plays like before inserting him into my lineup.

Need some advice on a few spots, all in my money league.
WR3: V-Jax @ ATL OR Keenan Allen @ JAX.
My analysis: V-Jax destroyed it last week and was a large reason for my upset victory, but with M.Williams hobbled and the huge week will ATL find a way to double or bracket him? Allen has posted 16 and 17 pts in my league the past two weeks and should do well again this week.

RB2:
Chris Johnson v. SF OR CJ Spiller @ MIA
My analysis: If Spiller were healthy I'd go with him in this matchup. But he's still hobbled a little and that worries me. One tweak and he's done for the rest of the game. I expect CJ to do better than last week, as I think starting the new center will help some. Hopefully Greene and Locker return, but I am not sure if they will or not.

I've also got Bilal Powell, but I am not really thinking of starting him at this moment.

This is standard scoring, no PPR, 3WR, 2RB and no flex. I am currently projected to win by 8, but he's got a few guys that could really outscore their projections rather easily.
I'd go Jackson over Allen. He has the better match up w/ATL being pretty "soft" (as someone called them earlier in thread) and you have to wonder if SD will only need one half of football to secure a big enough lead to ease off.

Spiller. It's a nice match up and he is too explosive to sit for CJ?K against a tougher opponent. I have Spiller / CJ?K / Bell and am considering benching CJ for Bell. (doubt I'll do it, but still, not even thinking about pulling Spiller.)

Old 10-18-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I did hear Gronk was playing limited snaps so tread lightly.
If he plays limited snaps, those snaps are probably going to be in the redzone.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
If he plays limited snaps, those snaps are probably going to be in the redzone.
And you know where Brady is looking....

He'll probably do the ole Stafford-Calvin thought process....He's covered? double covered? **** it! Throwing it anyways!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 10-18-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd go Jackson over Allen. He has the better match up w/ATL being pretty "soft" (as someone called them earlier in thread) and you have to wonder if SD will only need one half of football to secure a big enough lead to ease off.

Spiller. It's a nice match up and he is too explosive to sit for CJ?K against a tougher opponent. I have Spiller / CJ?K / Bell and am considering benching CJ for Bell. (doubt I'll do it, but still, not even thinking about pulling Spiller.)
Thanks, pretty well goes along with my thought process. I would start Spiller in a heartbeat over CJ, but the injury does have me somewhat concerned.

I guess I should say I'm starting Ray Rice.

Man, I thought my RBs were so good and now waiver wire guys have outproduced.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Thanks, pretty well goes along with my thought process. I would start Spiller in a heartbeat over CJ, but the injury does have me somewhat concerned.

I guess I should say I'm starting Ray Rice.

Man, I thought my RBs were so good and now waiver wire guys have outproduced.
I feel your pain, my friend.

CJ?K, Spiller, DMC with Mendy and Bell as backup to that . . .

Thanks to a long TD that secured two 5 point bonuses (rushTD >10yard and a 5ypc avg) my waiver dreamboat Andre Ellington has more points on the season than any of them.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel your pain, my friend.

CJ?K, Spiller, DMC with Mendy and Bell as backup to that . . .

Thanks to a long TD that secured two 5 point bonuses (rushTD >10yard and a 5ypc avg) my waiver dreamboat Andre Ellington has more points on the season than any of them.
Besides the two games he was hurt, McFadden has put up at least 11 points a game. When healthy he's a good starter, and you knew he wouldn't be healthy for every game when you drafted him. I also have McFadden, and I like him a lot the rest of the season, especially with the NFC East coming up.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got offered this and I'm so torn. It's standard league.

I get:

Jimmy Graham
Antonio Gates

I give up:

AJ Green
Jordan Cameron

My WRs:

Megatron/DT/AJ/Bowe

TE: Cameron/Olsen

I figured I could always drop Olsen and/or trade Gates when Graham's bye is over with for a WR. I'm so torn right now. I'm leaning towards yes, but I frankly cannot figure out if I want to or not.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

What can you start?
Old 10-18-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What can you start?
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, D, K
Old 10-18-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

I wouldn't do it. Gates is worthless to you. You would never start him over Graham, and I wouldn't count on getting a WR that's any good for him in a trade.

Starting Cameron and AJ Green should get you more points than starting Graham and Bowe.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Question pertains to deep roster 12 team ppr league.

Is Ivory going to have any value with Goodson being out for the year? Purely for RB depth?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 10-18-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't do it. Gates is worthless to you. You would never start him over Graham, and I wouldn't count on getting a WR that's any good for him in a trade.

Starting Cameron and AJ Green should get you more points than starting Graham and Bowe.
I have a deep core of RBs and I know someone is trying to dangle Larry Fitz or Denarius Moore(who has put up great numbers and has a nice matchup when I have byes. I'd only need to start Bowe for only one week. Other than that, I'm golden.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I just got offered this and I'm so torn. It's standard league.

I get:

Jimmy Graham
Antonio Gates

I give up:

AJ Green
Jordan Cameron

My WRs:

Megatron/DT/AJ/Bowe

TE: Cameron/Olsen

I figured I could always drop Olsen and/or trade Gates when Graham's bye is over with for a WR. I'm so torn right now. I'm leaning towards yes, but I frankly cannot figure out if I want to or not.
I'd stay away from that right now. Gates is coming back to earth with the emergence of Allen and Jimmy Graham is in limbo with an injury on a bye week. I guess it becomes a question of how risk averse you are, as it is a solid deal to buy the best TE in the game. Any chance you can just do AJ for Graham?

Old 10-18-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I'd stay away from that right now. Gates is coming back to earth with the emergence of Allen and Jimmy Graham is in limbo with an injury on a bye week. I guess it becomes a question of how risk averse you are, as it is a solid deal to buy the best TE in the game. Any chance you can just do AJ for Graham?
I'll have to talk to the person first. I know I can get a solid WR for one of my TEs. It's a work league and I've done it before.