Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 12-17-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made it to the championship game!!
Two QB league:
QB1: Tony romo
QB2: Andrew luck or Kirk cousins
RBs: Marshawn lynch and zac Stacy
WR: josh Gordon, Keenan Allen and Antonio brown
TE: Jordan Cameron
K: Justin tucker
D: idk yet

My opponents only real weakness is his defense so I cleared my bench and picked up every decent defense available. Douche move or no? Haha

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Romo got me to the championship. I started him ever week except his Bye. I might have to live by the Romo or die by the Romo.
Absolutely understandable. Romo falls into the start your studs category. I wouldnt go wire qb over him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Made it to the championship game!!
Two QB league:
QB1: Tony romo
QB2: Andrew luck or Kirk cousins
RBs: Marshawn lynch and zac Stacy
WR: josh Gordon, Keenan Allen and Antonio brown
TE: Jordan Cameron
K: Justin tucker
D: idk yet

My opponents only real weakness is his defense so I cleared my bench and picked up every decent defense available. Douche move or no? Haha
Smart move. I have kc dst and added Detroit d so my opponent cant get them. I would add sd dst too if I could but its a keeper and there isnt anyone else I am willing to part with.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know whether to drop Hartley or not, it's the championship. Bailey, Novak, Gould, Carpenter, Feely, Suisham, Gano, Sturgis, Zuerlein, Henery, Nugent, Bironas, Janikowski, Cundiff, Scobee, and Lindell are the guys who I could pick up if I dropped Hartley.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
doesn't everyone grade kickers the same?

50+ = 5
40-49 = 4
anything else = 3
XP = 1
i think it should be yardage based but i havent seen one

1-30 = 3
54 = 5.4
37 = 3.7

etc

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I already know I won't get Novak.

Carpenter vs Miami
Folk vs Browns
Suisham vs Packers

Also Cutler vs Philly or Big Ben vs Packers

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 12-18-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cordarrelle patterson or reuben randle
jordan cameron or martellus bennet
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I need your help one last time!

PPR pick my Flex.

Decker vs Houston
Vereen vs Baltimore
A. Brown vs Detroit

Defense I have Carolina vs saints and Chargers vs Oakland. Do I go after Dolphins vs Buffalo? My kicker is Carpenter vs Miami. Should I look at Any of these guys?

Kickers

PPR

Pick my flex and TE

Jordyzzz vs Pitt
A. Brown vs Detroit

Miller vs GB
Pitta vs NE
Fleener vs KC
Decker. And chargers.

Brown and Fleener
Old 12-18-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cle @ NYJ
Cin vs Min
Det vs NYG

rank em if you could as Cin is my current D and the other 2 are on waivers

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:27 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Don't know whether to drop Hartley or not, it's the championship. Bailey, Novak, Gould, Carpenter, Feely, Suisham, Gano, Sturgis, Zuerlein, Henery, Nugent, Bironas, Janikowski, Cundiff, Scobee, and Lindell are the guys who I could pick up if I dropped Hartley.
Why wouldn't you get bailey? He's been solid all season

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Why wouldn't you get bailey? He's been solid all season
I'm a little bit nervous about him playing outside in the cold for the first time this season. He did in Chicago, but he didn't have to attempt a FG.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well we just cut him so you better
Old 12-18-2013, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Cle @ NYJ
Cin vs Min
Det vs NYG

Detroit
Cleveland
Cincy

What about my post right above?

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 12-18-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Carpenter vs Miami
Folk vs Browns
Suisham vs Packers

Cutler and Suisham
Old 12-18-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
stupid championship week... cam or kap? bush, bell or rainey? alshon, aj, wallace, wright, patterson? flex? cameron or gonzalez?

bleh. it'll be like last week, where i'll get everything except for starting charles wrong.

pretty sure i have to go cam, charles, bush, alshon, aj, cameron, bell.
I honestly don't see how you go wrong with that lineup.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I should go with Ertz over Cameron? You don't have the KC defense, do you?

I made the playoffs with a losing record and somehow stumbled into the championship game. My lineup is going to be:

QB: Rodgers (or Luck, if Rodgers can't go)
WR: Allen, Nelson, Edelman
RB: McCoy, Lacy
TE: Cameron/Ertz
K: Not sure yet
DEF: KC
DL: JJ Watt
LB: Posluszny
DB: Barry Church

Being in an IDP league has saved my ass, because nobody else in my league knows defensive players. It's like having a 10+ point edge every week.

Last edited by WCH : 12-18-2013 at 08:36 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my season has been long over, but I managed to trade Morris and Davis to a guy for his second and third round picks next year in our keeper league. I'm thinking of turning around and offering to give those back to him for a chance to get McCoy. Thoughts on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I have a pretty big issue in the championship game. Rodgers and Cobb might be back this week which makes which QB and WR2 to play a pain in the ass.

Right now I am slated to roll with Foles as the QB and Crabtree as my WR2. Right now I view Foles and Rodgers as basic equals this week but obviously I like Cobb more then Crabtree.

The thing I am having trouble overcoming is that I think if I start Rodgers I have to start Cobb (even if he isn't 100%) and if I go Foles then its smarter to start Crabtree.

Thoughts?
Old 12-18-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know how you feel. I finally got sick of the Browns ******** and benched Cameron, and he went off for 18 points. I put him back in the lineup, and he was good for 3 points.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was going to say there's no way anyone should trust Hartley . . . then I saw Bert mention he was cut. lol

Novak would be my pick.

Quote:

Carpenter vs Miami
Folk vs Browns
Suisham vs Packers

Depends on weather, but I rank them opposite how you list them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
cordarrelle patterson or reuben randle
jordan cameron or martellus bennet
Patterson and Cameron. Patterson is boom/bust but the Vikings offense looks more potent than the Giants by a large margin.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Cle @ NYJ
Cin vs Min
Det vs NYG

I really like Detroit but feel like they are also the biggest risk. It seems like the type of game where Good Eli will show up and light up what has been a bad DST all season, especially after the Giants D players got on the offense on the sidelines and in the media. But the Lions have everything going for them in this matchup: a strong middle push, hot return game, turnover prone opponent, and an offense that should keep the pressure on Eli all day b/c the Giants aren't great against the pass. Cleveland seems like the safe play. Cincy has the best collection of defensive players that seem completely unreliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
stupid championship week... cam or kap? bush, bell or rainey? alshon, aj, wallace, wright, patterson? flex? cameron or gonzalez?

bleh. it'll be like last week, where i'll get everything except for starting charles wrong.

pretty sure i have to go cam, charles, bush, alshon, aj, cameron, bell.
Good choices. The only tough calls I see are TE and Flex, where Wright is a really tough sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
So I should go with Ertz over Cameron? You don't have the KC defense, do you?

I made the playoffs with a losing record and somehow stumbled into the championship game. My lineup is going to be:

QB: Rodgers (or Luck, if Rodgers can't go)
WR: Allen, Nelson, Edelman
RB: McCoy, Lacy
TE: Cameron/Ertz
K: Not sure yet
DEF: KC
DL: JJ Watt
LB: Posluszny
DB: Barry Church

Being in an IDP league has saved my ass, because nobody else in my league knows defensive players. It's like having a 10+ point edge every week.
Church has been a studly wire add, right? Love that guy! lol

TE is tough but I just don't know if Ertz can be trusted and that's a tough play in the Championship game. On the other hand, that game is far more likely to be a high scoring affair. It's close. I'd go Cameron. He gets a solid (and reliable) 7+ targets per game.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So my season has been long over, but I managed to trade Morris and Davis to a guy for his second and third round picks next year in our keeper league. I'm thinking of turning around and offering to give those back to him for a chance to get McCoy. Thoughts on that?
I'm assuming he made that deal to make a championship push and McCoy is a huge part of that push. There's no way he'd do that trade now. If you mean offseason, sure. McCoy is a monster. There may be some backlash from your league, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I have a pretty big issue in the championship game. Rodgers and Cobb might be back this week which makes which QB and WR2 to play a pain in the ass.

Right now I am slated to roll with Foles as the QB and Crabtree as my WR2. Right now I view Foles and Rodgers as basic equals this week but obviously I like Cobb more then Crabtree.

The thing I am having trouble overcoming is that I think if I start Rodgers I have to start Cobb (even if he isn't 100%) and if I go Foles then its smarter to start Crabtree.

Thoughts?
Cobb can't play this week. Even if he's cleared there's no way he plays a full game. He will have the dreaded "Snap Count." The only dilemma will be QB. I'd have a hard time trusting Rodgers in his first game back but it sure would be hard to leave him benched, too.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Sunday forecast for DC is 50% chance of rain and 20 MPH winds. Might roll with Fitzmagic over Romo...
Old 12-18-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Cobb can't play this week. Even if he's cleared there's no way he plays a full game. He will have the dreaded "Snap Count." The only dilemma will be QB. I'd have a hard time trusting Rodgers in his first game back but it sure would be hard to leave him benched, too.
Thank you for restating what I know... GAHHHH

I was listening to a Fantasy Sports show on the radio last night on my way home and they said Rodgers looks like he will be back. Nathan Zegura then proceeded to say "You start him over everyone... well Foles is the one one I would hesitate about". I just started screaming damn it in the car.

Why must I have these first world fantasy footaball problems!
Old 12-18-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Sunday forecast for DC is 50% chance of rain and 20 MPH winds. Might roll with Fitzmagic over Romo...
Sheesh. That will make the decision easy, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Thank you for restating what I know... GAHHHH

I was listening to a Fantasy Sports show on the radio last night on my way home and they said Rodgers looks like he will be back. Nathan Zegura then proceeded to say "You start him over everyone... well Foles is the one one I would hesitate about". I just started screaming damn it in the car.

Why must I have these first world fantasy footaball problems!

Honestly, I would view it the opposite of how you noted it. I wouldn't want to risk starting BOTH Rodgers and Cobb. Since I wouldn't start Cobb at all, there's only one issue. Check the weather. If DC is getting nasty winds/rain there's a good chance Philly is, too. Might make it easy.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Rodgers has had 6 weeks to recover from a fracture in is collar bone. I'm really not worried about him. There is an allure of having Rodgers throwing to Cobb and gaining double points. The issue is Crabtree isn't 100% and god knows if Kaep is going to be able to actually throw the ball on a given week so Crabtree and Cobb isn't a huge difference in my mind.

But who effing knows.