Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 12-30-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Anyone else doing playoff fantasy on NFL.com?
thinking about it.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I'm in my first dynasty league. Here's my roster. I have the first pick and we have to draft 4 rookies. Who should I target first? I'm thinking Bishop Sankey first I need RB help in the worst way.

QB: Brady/Dalton
RB: Gore/Sproles/P. Thomas/Blount
WR: A. Johnson/Steve Smith/R. White/G. Tate/J. Jones/L. Moore/K. Stills/T. Williams
TE: Gates
Def: 49'ers
K: Viniteri

I might be able to work a trade one of my WR's sans Johnson for TRICH
Old 05-13-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Guys I'm in my first dynasty league. Here's my roster. I have the first pick and we have to draft 4 rookies. Who should I target first? I'm thinking Bishop Sankey first I need RB help in the worst way.

QB: Brady/Dalton
RB: Gore/Sproles/P. Thomas/Blount
WR: A. Johnson/Steve Smith/R. White/G. Tate/J. Jones/L. Moore/K. Stills/T. Williams
TE: Gates
Def: 49'ers
K: Viniteri

I might be able to work a trade one of my WR's sans Johnson for TRICH
Take the best talent in Dynasty leagues. Always. WRs have a longer shelf life than RBs. Your WRs are older for the most part anyways. Take Sammy Watkins. Trade him for a better RB if you need to. That's my advice.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:11 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. RBs don't last long and the evolution to the passing game makes WRs great investments. The team you have is crazy old and you need elite talent with long term value. RB isn't that anymore. It would be a huge crap shoot going for a RB this year, especially in early drafts.

Do not trade for TRich.

Trade Brady, AJ, White and Gore for whatever you can get.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

What if I can get TRICH for James Jones?
Old 05-13-2014, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Thanks for the advice guys
Old 05-13-2014, 11:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What if I can get TRICH for James Jones?
Christ . . . I thought that was Julio Jones. Did they pay you to take over that team? lmao!

Ugh. I have zero love for James Jones but TRich is looking like a joke. Toss up. Young RB that you can lie to yourself about the potential, or an old WR that just signed in the place where WRs go to die. Yeah, I guess I'd take TRich in that scenario.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Christ . . . I thought that was Julio Jones. Did they pay you to take over that team? lmao!

Ugh. I have zero love for James Jones but TRich is looking like a joke. Toss up. Young RB that you can lie to yourself about the potential, or an old WR that just signed in the place where WRs go to die. Yeah, I guess I'd take TRich in that scenario.
This exact team was 1st and undefeated 2 years ago...
Old 05-14-2014, 08:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
This exact team was 1st and undefeated 2 years ago...
Sure. It could content right now with a nice year from Gore and AJ. It's just that the list if full of guys standing at the edge of the cliff. 2 years from now you could have only Tate and Still as starters for their teams.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Evans or Watkins with my first pick?
Old 05-14-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Watkins. I don't really get the idea that Buffalo is a bad landing spot for him. They showed last year they're committed to running a fast pace, spread style offense. There's not much to like in Tampa if McCown is really going to be the guy. Take the top talent.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elvis when are our keepers due?
Old 05-14-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Elvis when are our keepers due?
Payments will be due by August 1. Keepers will be 2 weeks prior to the draft, which will be scheduled for some time during the last 10-14 days prior to the season opener.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I am in a dilemma...

I am in a keeper league where I only get to keep 1. Because it was an auction league, each players value gets +10 off of my 200 dollar budget. Here are my potential keepers (I will put the value of them with the +10 already applied):
Alf Morris 24
Montee Ball 25

These top three are below retail value. I highly value running back, but almost feel that Ball is a gamble still at this point.

Deandre Hopkins 11
Cutler 12

These two I picked up at the end of the season cheaply. Cutler before injury last year was posting top 10 fantasy numbers. His WRs have only gotten better and he could have another top 10 year if he stays healthy. Hopkins would be a risk/reward.

Thoughts? I am leaning Morris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morris all the way IMO
Old 07-14-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morris over Ball for me

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So let me just ask this here cause Im pissed at the **** happening in my keeper league. Last year the commissioner decided he was just going to up WR bonuses prior to the draft and after we selected players. He said that it was due to it becoming a passing league and wanted to keep it fair. I was pissed since I had Dez Bryant and Brandon Marshall as two of my three keepers but what was I going to do. Well last season I wasn't doing well and traded my rbs for picks planning to keep two WRs again since I had Julio and Dez. Well once again, hes upping the bonuses while rb bonuses are ridiculously low. Do I have a right to be pissed about the fact that I built my team around good wrs a few years ago (ironically when I won two years in a row) and now in back to back seasons hes decided to up WR bonuses in a league where I can't really make up for the fact I went WR heavy prior to the changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly what do you mean by bonuses?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:07 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing yardage bonuses.

And jviggy it would help if you would tell us more specifics about the scoring. My gut feeling is that in a keeper league you can't change the scoring after the point where non-contenders will be selling like that.

Last edited by yo123 : 07-17-2014 at 02:09 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:50 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After winning my big money keeper league for the third consecutive year, I was forced to keep DeMarco Murray as my fourth and final keeper. I feel sullied and unusual.

Cutting All Spiller No Filler was heartbreaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:17 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been doing mocks to work on my draft strategy this year. QB and TE is DEEP. My first 6 and possibly 7 rounds will all be RB/WR to build that depth up. It's crazy that you can get a Big Ben or Cutler in the later rounds and win championships.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is the result of the mock I just did. I had the 8th pick:

1) Calvin Johnson WR
2) Demarco Murray RB
3) Montee Ball RB
4) Randall Cobb WR
5) Desean Jackson WR
6) Michael Crabtree WR
7) Bishop Sankey RB
8) Cordarrelle Patterson WR
9) Toby Gerhart RB
10) Matt Ryan QB
11) Dennis Pitta TE
12) Jay Cutler QB
13) Jeremy Hill RB
14) Jordan Reed TE
15) Dan Bailey K
16) Saints D/ST
Old 07-17-2014, 10:49 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
So I am in a dilemma...

I am in a keeper league where I only get to keep 1. Because it was an auction league, each players value gets +10 off of my 200 dollar budget. Here are my potential keepers (I will put the value of them with the +10 already applied):
Alf Morris 24
Montee Ball 25

These top three are below retail value. I highly value running back, but almost feel that Ball is a gamble still at this point.

Deandre Hopkins 11
Cutler 12

These two I picked up at the end of the season cheaply. Cutler before injury last year was posting top 10 fantasy numbers. His WRs have only gotten better and he could have another top 10 year if he stays healthy. Hopkins would be a risk/reward.

Thoughts? I am leaning Morris.
If it's heavier on TD scoring I'd consider Ball b/c Peyton loves to audible to runs at the goal line. But I think Morris is the wise choice since we know his role and ability. Ball should be the guy but right now it's too tough to keep him over Morris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So let me just ask this here cause Im pissed at the **** happening in my keeper league. Last year the commissioner decided he was just going to up WR bonuses prior to the draft and after we selected players. He said that it was due to it becoming a passing league and wanted to keep it fair. I was pissed since I had Dez Bryant and Brandon Marshall as two of my three keepers but what was I going to do. Well last season I wasn't doing well and traded my rbs for picks planning to keep two WRs again since I had Julio and Dez. Well once again, hes upping the bonuses while rb bonuses are ridiculously low. Do I have a right to be pissed about the fact that I built my team around good wrs a few years ago (ironically when I won two years in a row) and now in back to back seasons hes decided to up WR bonuses in a league where I can't really make up for the fact I went WR heavy prior to the changes?
Rules shouldn't change without owner votes, and should only be applied in the off season. Rule should never, ever change after a draft has been completed. Regardless of rosters or changes, you have the right to be pissed. It's not worth staying in a league with an idiot commissioner.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:58 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I've been doing mocks to work on my draft strategy this year. QB and TE is DEEP. My first 6 and possibly 7 rounds will all be RB/WR to build that depth up. It's crazy that you can get a Big Ben or Cutler in the later rounds and win championships.
I like doing mocks early so I can see the trends as we get closer to the real deal. In your results list, I'd be willing to bet we see Cobb and Gerhart gone before the 4th and 9th, respectively. I personally think Gerhart will see a big rise as we get through camps. He has all the marks of a 300 touch RB this season, and those types of RBs are never available in round 7-9.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did my first Mock of the year....Holy **** there is NO RB DEPTH.

QB: Romo, Rivers
RB: Morris, Lacy, Ridley....lesson learned here
WR: Vjax, KAllen, Wayne, Jennings, Wallace and a few rooks
TE: Black Unicorn
DEF: Bucs
K: Good as Gould

My strategy last year was RB RB RB. I think I will do the same this year and get an extra 2 RBs between 7-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote