Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-17-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Between the Panthers losing everything resembling an offensive weapon, and Josh Gordon being an idiot, my expanded keeper/dynasty league team has a sad :(.

Also have any of you with expanded keeper/dynasty league teams ever had to do anything to address parity? We're in year 5 for one of my league's and it has turned into a bit of a joke. For example here are 2 teams in my ten team league:

Team A:
QB: Luck, Brady
RB: McCoy, Lacy, Moreno, Rainey
WR: Brown, Allen, Jones, Bryant, Boykin
Te: J. Thomas, Walker
K: Gostkowski
Def: KC

Team B:
QB: Cutler, Romo, Manuel
RB: MJD, Ridley, Tate, J. Rodgers
WR: DJax, A. Johnson, S. Johnson, Lafell, Douglas
TE: Clay
K: Vinatieri
Def: Carolina

How is team B ever supposed to close the gap with team A? Even if he got every breakout player his team would still be worse. The league is barely any fun anymore because we have 3 teams like team A and 4 teams like team B. I can't trade with anyone because the other elite teams have no needs, and the sucky teams have nobody I want. I said this at the beginning that this would happen, and my league is shockingly still against redrafting. I don't get it.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team leagues are stupid. Add two teams somehow and it'll be much better.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Between the Panthers losing everything resembling an offensive weapon, and Josh Gordon being an idiot, my expanded keeper/dynasty league team has a sad :(.

Also have any of you with expanded keeper/dynasty league teams ever had to do anything to address parity? We're in year 5 for one of my league's and it has turned into a bit of a joke. For example here are 2 teams in my ten team league:

Team A:
QB: Luck, Brady
RB: McCoy, Lacy, Moreno, Rainey
WR: Brown, Allen, Jones, Bryant, Boykin
Te: J. Thomas, Walker
K: Gostkowski
Def: KC

Team B:
QB: Cutler, Romo, Manuel
RB: MJD, Ridley, Tate, J. Rodgers
WR: DJax, A. Johnson, S. Johnson, Lafell, Douglas
TE: Clay
K: Vinatieri
Def: Carolina

How is team B ever supposed to close the gap with team A? Even if he got every breakout player his team would still be worse. The league is barely any fun anymore because we have 3 teams like team A and 4 teams like team B. I can't trade with anyone because the other elite teams have no needs, and the sucky teams have nobody I want. I said this at the beginning that this would happen, and my league is shockingly still against redrafting. I don't get it.
Dynasty leagues are tough but forcing some kind of parity or GASP! a redraft isn't the answer. Honestly, I don't think there's an unrecoverable gap between those two teams. EJ and Tate could have a huge impact on the perceived gap this year. If EJ does blow up, Team B needs to push quickly to move Cutler, who should have a beastly season, too. Given the fact that Julius Thomas was a waiver add, I'd say the difference there can be achieved in any given season, anyway.

There's nothing to do about it but fight to turn around a bad squad through smart trades and drafting. Anything you try to do is simply going to be a punishment metered out against Team A for drafting really well. Lacy/Allen as a one/two combo last year is huge, whereas Team B has drafted guys that have not yet panned out (presumably, since there's only one 2013 pick listed there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
10 team leagues are stupid. Add two teams somehow and it'll be much better.
Way to be helpful.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:07 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't get behind some of these rankings this year. Seems like every year the value of a running back increases. Monte Ball over Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant and AJ Green? Get the **** out of here.

I listened way to much last year in what the "experts" had to say. Not making that mistake again.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 07-18-2014 at 02:14 AM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:11 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I just can't get behind some of these rankings this year. Seems like every year the value of a running back increases. Monte Ball over Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant and AJ Green? Get the **** out of here.
It makes complete sense. While the WRs are better players, in today's NFL it is becoming harder and harder to find a solid RB for fantasy football. Since around 08, my strategy has always been target the position with the least depth first. Then it was stud WRs. Now it is RBs.

Seriously, how many RBs can you name that will be guaranteed to go over 1000?
How many WRs can you guarantee to go over 1000? There is more depth at WR right now, thus RBs get the nod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:37 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect Ball to make a HUGE jump in production due to the offense he's in.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:53 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
It makes complete sense. While the WRs are better players, in today's NFL it is becoming harder and harder to find a solid RB for fantasy football. Since around 08, my strategy has always been target the position with the least depth first. Then it was stud WRs. Now it is RBs.

Seriously, how many RBs can you name that will be guaranteed to go over 1000?
How many WRs can you guarantee to go over 1000? There is more depth at WR right now, thus RBs get the nod.
Meh, if you take Montee Ball over AJ Green, you're thinking to hard.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:25 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I listened way to much last year in what the "experts" had to say. Not making that mistake again.
Quote:
Meh, if you take Montee Ball over AJ Green, you're thinking to hard.
bearfan has a good point, but I agree that the likes of Bryant, Green, and DT shouldn't be passed over for Ball or similar RBs. If a RB that is a known 3 down, 300 touch RB is on the board, then the RB is a smart pick. But a guy like Ball that still has some question marks . . . no, thanks.

That can all change pretty quickly over the next two months, of course. It's important to realize that the projections and rankings are based on opportunity & situation more than anything else. Ball looks like an attractive option in that offense, so he's getting pretty hefty projections. With that said, there's still inequities when you see Ball so heavily boosted and a guy like Gerhart graded so low when he has 6-7th round RBs behind him on the roster.

Ultimately, the rankings are fluid. I use the "experts" as a gauge on how most will value players and combine that info with mocks to get a better picture of where I can cherry pick top value players.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what are you guys expecting from Foster this season? thinking about buying 'low'
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
what are you guys expecting from Foster this season? thinking about buying 'low'
4th round is the earliest I'd take him, but I wouldn't feel comfortable drafting him at all. I think he goes in round 2 in my league.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone up for doing a dynasty league? I've never done one before, but am interested in doing so
Old 07-20-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Anyone up for doing a dynasty league? I've never done one before, but am interested in doing so
I'm interested. Never done a Dynasty league before, so would obv need to see the different settings first tho.

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 07-20-2014 at 05:44 PM.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you provide more information, I would be interested.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love dynasty leagues but you'd have to set the scoring and league settings before I commit to it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rank em:

Sammy Watkins, Buf
Mike Evans, TB
Brandin Cooks, NO
Odell Beckham, NYG
Kelvin Benjamin, Car
Marqise Lee, Jax

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Rank em:

Sammy Watkins, Buf
Mike Evans, TB
Brandin Cooks, NO
Odell Beckham, NYG
Kelvin Benjamin, Car
Marqise Lee, Jax
I'd wait for TC reports to rank these guys. If I had to guess right now I think you have it correct right there.

If you play in a dynasty/keeper league, I'd target every single one of them. I think there's a chance this is the best WR class ever.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after finishing 2nd on a pay-site last year I apparently won a free entry this year. unbeknownst to me, e-mails from that site started being filtered to spam. sometime in the past week or so I was entered in a league that started drafting as soon as it filled and because I missed every pick (~10 rounds) thus far, I am permanently on auto-pick. here's what I am stuck with at this point

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Knowshon Moreno, Stevan Ridley, Carlos Hyde, Darren McFadden
WR: AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey, Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins
TE: Jordan Reed, Jason Witten
D/ST: San Francisco 49ers

what do I do to correct this? I already plan on trading Green or Jeffrey for whatever RB I can get. I don't know what else I have worth offering. Harvin and Watkins are both unknowns.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:43 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
after finishing 2nd on a pay-site last year I apparently won a free entry this year. unbeknownst to me, e-mails from that site started being filtered to spam. sometime in the past week or so I was entered in a league that started drafting as soon as it filled and because I missed every pick (~10 rounds) thus far, I am permanently on auto-pick. here's what I am stuck with at this point

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Knowshon Moreno, Stevan Ridley, Carlos Hyde, Darren McFadden
WR: AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey, Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins
TE: Jordan Reed, Jason Witten
D/ST: San Francisco 49ers

what do I do to correct this? I already plan on trading Green or Jeffrey for whatever RB I can get. I don't know what else I have worth offering. Harvin and Watkins are both unknowns.
Why would you trade Green or Jeffery? They are both monsters and you have question marks behind them. Percy probably doesn't see more than 10 games and Watkins is super talented but a rookie, you shouldn't be expecting more than 800 and 5 touchdowns from him in his rookie year.

Keep the guys who you know are going to produce for you in fantasy. Who you gonna get if you trade Jeffery? Zac Stacy? Montee Ball? two unproven backs who could fall flat on their face this year.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I probably posted this team a bunch last year because it was fudging amazing, but it's keeper naming time!

What I'm able to do is keep 3 players + 1 designated rookie, which would have to be either Lacy or Allen. QB has always been kind of big in this league and I have an elite one. My thoughts go directly to Brees, Charles, Lacy, and Graham, but not keeping any of those receivers (start 3, not ppr) would be so lame (I'd get over it). Jeffery is dirt cheap, too. Have to calculate what the exact cost would be for each, it's auction based, but I don't think anyone here is going to break my budget. I trust myself to buy up effective receivers, just not sure if I'll be replicating last year's crop.

Drew Brees (NO - QB)
Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
Chris Johnson (NYJ - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
Keenan Allen (SD - WR)
T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR)
Alshon Jeffrey (Chi - WR)
Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)
Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)
Mason Crosby (GB - K)
Buffalo Bills (DEF)
Kansas City Chiefs (DEF)
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should definitely keep the Bills D.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I think Foster is too talented and in too favorable a situation to pass on him for more than a dozen picks, give or take. Fitzmagic is just good enough to keep D's relatively honest and Foster is a true 3 down RB, which is rare. Buy low depends on the situation, format, scoring, etc., but it's reasonable to expect a bounce back year. Still, he's got enough red flags that I'd probably steer clear in a dynasty format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Rank em:

Sammy Watkins, Buf
Mike Evans, TB
Brandin Cooks, NO
Odell Beckham, NYG
Kelvin Benjamin, Car
Marqise Lee, Jax
Rank'em in a rookie draft: Watkins, Evans, Benjamin, Beckham, Cooks, Lee. I love Watkins right out of the gate in an open offense with a young QB so they can mature together. Evans is a solid talent but his situation isn't stellar, with a talented WR to limit his looks and an unknown QB situation. Benjamin is probably the 1a./1b. with Watkins coming out of the gate b/c there's nobody to really compete for targets. In a one-year-only scenario I might pick Benjamin b/c of that. Cooks has the best QB situation but way too much competition for PT, let alone targets, so he falls beneath Beckham for me, b/c the Giants will have Cruz and Randle as the only true competition. I think Beckham sees more opportunities right away. All of them bear watching, obviously, as things can change through camp. Lee . . . yeah, not much to love in Jax right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I probably posted this team a bunch last year because it was fudging amazing, but it's keeper naming time!

What I'm able to do is keep 3 players + 1 designated rookie, which would have to be either Lacy or Allen. QB has always been kind of big in this league and I have an elite one. My thoughts go directly to Brees, Charles, Lacy, and Graham, but not keeping any of those receivers (start 3, not ppr) would be so lame (I'd get over it). Jeffery is dirt cheap, too. Have to calculate what the exact cost would be for each, it's auction based, but I don't think anyone here is going to break my budget. I trust myself to buy up effective receivers, just not sure if I'll be replicating last year's crop.

Drew Brees (NO - QB)
Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
Chris Johnson (NYJ - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
Keenan Allen (SD - WR)
T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR)
Alshon Jeffrey (Chi - WR)
Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)
Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)
Mason Crosby (GB - K)
Buffalo Bills (DEF)
Kansas City Chiefs (DEF)
JC, Lacy, and Graham are certainly great choices.

QB always looks deep to start the season, which always makes it the toughest position for me to keep unless the value is through the roof. I'd have to strongly consider Bryant, Allen, or Jeffery in place of Brees. Maybe that changes with actual cost break down, but securing a stud QB always seems easier than securing 3 stud WRs when it comes to drafting.

Old 07-24-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
You should definitely keep the Bills D.
They shut out the Dolphins in championship week so :P
Old 07-24-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would ask a keeper question... but we are in mixed company.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I'll be in Pittsburgh on the weekend if you want to trade advice for a warm meal.