Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-24-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I would ask a keeper question... but we are in mixed company.
I forego my own league/team interests in this thread, if that's what you're getting at. :)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I'll be in Pittsburgh on the weekend if you want to trade advice for a warm meal.
Is this for that soccer game?
Old 07-24-2014, 09:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I love dynasty leagues but you'd have to set the scoring and league settings before I commit to it.
I've never done one before, If someone experienced that knows how they work would like to set one up, or knows the better settings I'd love to hear their opinion
Old 07-24-2014, 11:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if anyone here has played in an "empire" league, which is basically a dynasty league where there's a rolling pot that gets paid out when somebody goes back to back (in addition to regular payouts for winning, etc). If so, I'd love to hear any advice for settings/rules - trying to set one up this season if I can swing it.

Landed the #1 pick in a 14 team non-PPR league. Think it's going to come down to Shady or Charles and I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go in yet. I see pluses and minuses to both.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:08 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Not sure if anyone here has played in an "empire" league, which is basically a dynasty league where there's a rolling pot that gets paid out when somebody goes back to back (in addition to regular payouts for winning, etc). If so, I'd love to hear any advice for settings/rules - trying to set one up this season if I can swing it.

Landed the #1 pick in a 14 team non-PPR league. Think it's going to come down to Shady or Charles and I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go in yet. I see pluses and minuses to both.
Shady all the way.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:07 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is this for that soccer game?
You know nothing of my life. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
QB always looks deep to start the season, which always makes it the toughest position for me to keep unless the value is through the roof. I'd have to strongly consider Bryant, Allen, or Jeffery in place of Brees. Maybe that changes with actual cost break down, but securing a stud QB always seems easier than securing 3 stud WRs when it comes to drafting.
6 pt passing TD, I had never won this league without a big time QB and a lot of people like to keep them. I'd fully agree if it was almost anyone else, but I always considered Brees a cut above the depth. Him and Peyton were notably above the likes of Dalton, Rivers, Cam, in last year's scoring.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know nothing of my life. Yes.

6 pt passing TD, I had never won this league without a big time QB and a lot of people like to keep them. I'd fully agree if it was almost anyone else, but I always considered Brees a cut above the depth. Him and Peyton were notably above the likes of Dalton, Rivers, Cam, in last year's scoring.
I hear you. There's definitely an elite factor to those top guys, especially with the 6pt TDs.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I play a league where TDs are 6 points and completions are .25 points. Guys like Brees are GOLD and need to be drafted higher than usual in that one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I probably posted this team a bunch last year because it was fudging amazing, but it's keeper naming time!

What I'm able to do is keep 3 players + 1 designated rookie, which would have to be either Lacy or Allen. QB has always been kind of big in this league and I have an elite one. My thoughts go directly to Brees, Charles, Lacy, and Graham, but not keeping any of those receivers (start 3, not ppr) would be so lame (I'd get over it). Jeffery is dirt cheap, too. Have to calculate what the exact cost would be for each, it's auction based, but I don't think anyone here is going to break my budget. I trust myself to buy up effective receivers, just not sure if I'll be replicating last year's crop.

Drew Brees (NO - QB)
Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
Chris Johnson (NYJ - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
Keenan Allen (SD - WR)
T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR)
Alshon Jeffrey (Chi - WR)
Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)
Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)
Mason Crosby (GB - K)
Buffalo Bills (DEF)
Kansas City Chiefs (DEF)
I think you obviously have to keep Lacy as your designated rookie.

I think I'd go with Charles, Graham and Dez. Assuming it's not a deep league, you should be able to land a good QB in the draft, and you'd be set at RB and have a top WR and the best TE in the league.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really can't decide who to keep. Rob and Elvis are part of the league so I will take any advice from them with a grain of salt but we have a $100 (? elvis will know because I can't recall) budget with the potential to keep 3 players. One being designated as a franchise player and costing nothing while the two others costing $12 a pop.

Franchise Player Options:
Eddie Lacy
Julio Jones

I am pretty much set 100% on this being Lacy. The injuries scare me but he is being considered a top 5 back going into this season potentially commanding a $20-$30 price. Whom ever I don't pick will likely be a keeper in their own right.

Keeper Options:
Tom Brady
Reggie Bush
Keenan Allen
Antonio Brown
Randall Cobb
Micheal Crabtree
Vincent Jackson
Torrey Smith

Or just flat no one.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I really can't decide who to keep. Rob and Elvis are part of the league so I will take any advice from them with a grain of salt but we have a $100 (? elvis will know because I can't recall) budget with the potential to keep 3 players. One being designated as a franchise player and costing nothing while the two others costing $12 a pop.

Franchise Player Options:
Eddie Lacy
Julio Jones

I am pretty much set 100% on this being Lacy. The injuries scare me but he is being considered a top 5 back going into this season potentially commanding a $20-$30 price. Whom ever I don't pick will likely be a keeper in their own right.

Keeper Options:
Tom Brady
Reggie Bush
Keenan Allen
Antonio Brown
Randall Cobb
Micheal Crabtree
Vincent Jackson
Torrey Smith

Or just flat no one.
So many better options than me. I may very well choose to hold on to Gerhart.

$100 auction budget, yes, and the player will reduce said auction budget by $12 this year (or $0 in the case of your franchise player).

Based on how many QBs were still available last year towards the end of the draft, I'd have a hard time keeping Brady. Cobb or Allen seem like the biggest upside of the bunch. I really can't see any reason you wouldn't keep 3 guys. You have to consider that the prices will increase from last year's auction prices based on keepers being out of the pool.

If you really think you may not keep 3 players total because someone isn't worth $12, consider making Lacy a keeper and franchising a player you DON'T think is worth $12. You could then move Lacy into the franchise spot next year and drop the other player entirely.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
So many better options than me. I may very well choose to hold on to Gerhart.

$100 auction budget, yes, and the player will reduce said auction budget by $12 this year (or $0 in the case of your franchise player).

Based on how many QBs were still available last year towards the end of the draft, I'd have a hard time keeping Brady. Cobb or Allen seem like the biggest upside of the bunch. I really can't see any reason you wouldn't keep 3 guys. You have to consider that the prices will increase from last year's auction prices based on keepers being out of the pool.

If you really think you may not keep 3 players total because someone isn't worth $12, consider making Lacy a keeper and franchising a player you DON'T think is worth $12. You could then move Lacy into the franchise spot next year and drop the other player entirely.
They are all pretty much worth $12 at least between Cobb, Allen, Brown and VJax. Cobb went for $14 last year and while he was hurt I don't see his value dropping. I think Brown went for $9 or at least around there but after last season his value is going to sky rocket and Allen was cheap but his value as also skyrocketed.

Of those three guys the average projections are: Brown as the 8th best WR, Cobb as 9th, Allen as 12th. With them that close it makes the decisions that much harder. Plus you have to figure in big time scoring vets VJax and Crabtree.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reuben Randle
Jeremy Maclin
Terrence Williams
Mike Wallace

Dynasty league, pick two to go with AJ Green, Cordarelle Patterson.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got offered a 2016 1st and 2nd rounder for Christine Michael in my dynasty league. Thoughts? I won last year, trade offerer finished last, so could be a high pick. I don't really know much about the outlook for Michael. I like him, but seems like a good deal.

My backs are:

Jamaal Charles
LeSean McCoy
Trent Richardson
Christine Michael
Jacquizz Rodgers
Old 08-03-2014, 06:06 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished my first draft of the year, what do you think of this team?

QB: Matthew Stafford/Tony Romo
RB: Gio Bernard/Frank Gore/Bishop Sankey/Knowshon Moreno/Rashad Jennings/Terrance West
WR: Calvin Johnson/AJ Green/Cordarrelle Patterson/Mike Evans/Kenny Stills/Josh Gordon
TE: Jordan Cameron/Zach Ertz
D/ST: 49ers
K: Justin Tucker

The positions are QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, D/ST, K (along with IDP, HC and P, but the IDP scoring system is basically for TDs, so they're useless)
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
I just got offered a 2016 1st and 2nd rounder for Christine Michael in my dynasty league. Thoughts? I won last year, trade offerer finished last, so could be a high pick. I don't really know much about the outlook for Michael. I like him, but seems like a good deal.

My backs are:

Jamaal Charles
LeSean McCoy
Trent Richardson
Christine Michael
Jacquizz Rodgers
It's a tough one, Michael has the potential to be a top 5 fantasy back next year if Lynch leaves Seattle. With that said, Charles and McCoy are still young enough that you can succeed for a few more years until they see a decline. Richardson could still also turn around. How is the rest of your team in terms of production and age? Is their a player on his team that he may be willing to throw in instead of the 2nd rounder?
Old 08-03-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
It's a tough one, Michael has the potential to be a top 5 fantasy back next year if Lynch leaves Seattle. With that said, Charles and McCoy are still young enough that you can succeed for a few more years until they see a decline. Richardson could still also turn around. How is the rest of your team in terms of production and age? Is their a player on his team that he may be willing to throw in instead of the 2nd rounder?
The rest of my team is really solid and young. My team is definitely the favorite for maybe the next 3 years. I ended up taking the deal, got him to throw in a conditional 2017 2nd if Michael has 1k rushing/receiving yards in this year, '15, OR '16. It can become a #1 if he is the rush/rec TD leader in any of the 3 years. Sad to let him go, but I will be stacked with picks.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I just had my first draft of the year, I'm not as well prepared this year due to starting a new job, but I still think i got some very good players and some potential steals.

Here's what I got and a brief analysis:

QB: Colin Kaepernick: I think he's a top 5 QB and I got him at a steal. He's the only one I have at the moment, but with guys like Palmer, E.Manning, and a few other solid guys on the WW, I think it's fine to go 1 QB for now.

RB: A. Peterson, D. Martin, B. Sankey, C. Johnson, S.Ridley, R.Rice, B.Pierce. I went RB heavy and I think it paid off. Peterson should finish near the top, and if he stays healthy is about as safe as they come. Martin should produce well and I'm not buying that other players will take a ton of carries from him. Sankey should be a starter and should explode. Johnson could be a steal in the 8th, and also good trade bait. Ridley has lost a ton of value, but if he falls back into B.Belichicks graces, he should produce once again. Although Vereen will return, I think Ridley will get the TDs. Rice and Pierce is because if Rice returns to form he's a steal in round 12, if not, Pierce will take over and produce, so again a steal in round 13. They'll likely run the ball and put up stats, worst case is I lose out on late round picks or trade bait.

WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Randall Cobb, Roddy White, Mike Wallace, Riley Cooper, Justin Hunter, Danny Amendola. I missed out on a few guys by a pick or two, but I think I still got a pretty good tandem. Factor in some guys like Wallace, Cooper that should produce and high potential guys like Hunter and Amendola I like the potential of this group. The worst part is the week 9 byes, but if they produce that won't be a worry.

TE: None. I chose to ignore the TE, K and D position to stockpile WR and RB until the season starts and potentially do some 2 for 1 trades in the meantime.

K: None.

D: None
Old 08-04-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Reuben Randle
Jeremy Maclin
Terrence Williams
Mike Wallace

Dynasty league, pick two to go with AJ Green, Cordarelle Patterson.
Tough call. I'm not truly sold on Randle but his age + situation make him tough to cut. Maclin is older and an unknown returning from injury. Williams looks like he's heading into a great situation and is super young. Wallace is the oldest of the group and probably my first choice to cut. I'm not a big fan and think he's a dog that's pretty comfy collecting a paycheck that is now way over what he deserves.

I'd probably go young, since there's no huge standout in the group. It would be tough cutting Maclin, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post

My backs are:

Jamaal Charles
LeSean McCoy
Trent Richardson
Christine Michael
Jacquizz Rodgers
Pretty good return on a kid that has only potential so far. The guy who took him from you will be screaming if they manage to resign Beastmode. There's too much unknown to pass on such a good deal. Taking it was a smart move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Finished my first draft of the year, what do you think of this team?

QB: Matthew Stafford/Tony Romo
RB: Gio Bernard/Frank Gore/Bishop Sankey/Knowshon Moreno/Rashad Jennings/Terrance West
WR: Calvin Johnson/AJ Green/Cordarrelle Patterson/Mike Evans/Kenny Stills/Josh Gordon
TE: Jordan Cameron/Zach Ertz
D/ST: 49ers
K: Justin Tucker

The positions are QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, D/ST, K (along with IDP, HC and P, but the IDP scoring system is basically for TDs, so they're useless)
Pretty stacked team. I'd be curious to see how they look in the stats section midway through the season, tbh. My guess is the top 3 RBs you have will be producing better than expected and this team will beast, making the WR/WR start to the draft look smart.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I just had my first draft of the year, I'm not as well prepared this year due to starting a new job, but I still think i got some very good players and some potential steals.

Here's what I got and a brief analysis:

QB: Colin Kaepernick: I think he's a top 5 QB and I got him at a steal. He's the only one I have at the moment, but with guys like Palmer, E.Manning, and a few other solid guys on the WW, I think it's fine to go 1 QB for now.

RB: A. Peterson, D. Martin, B. Sankey, C. Johnson, S.Ridley, R.Rice, B.Pierce. I went RB heavy and I think it paid off. Peterson should finish near the top, and if he stays healthy is about as safe as they come. Martin should produce well and I'm not buying that other players will take a ton of carries from him. Sankey should be a starter and should explode. Johnson could be a steal in the 8th, and also good trade bait. Ridley has lost a ton of value, but if he falls back into B.Belichicks graces, he should produce once again. Although Vereen will return, I think Ridley will get the TDs. Rice and Pierce is because if Rice returns to form he's a steal in round 12, if not, Pierce will take over and produce, so again a steal in round 13. They'll likely run the ball and put up stats, worst case is I lose out on late round picks or trade bait.

WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Randall Cobb, Roddy White, Mike Wallace, Riley Cooper, Justin Hunter, Danny Amendola. I missed out on a few guys by a pick or two, but I think I still got a pretty good tandem. Factor in some guys like Wallace, Cooper that should produce and high potential guys like Hunter and Amendola I like the potential of this group. The worst part is the week 9 byes, but if they produce that won't be a worry.

TE: None. I chose to ignore the TE, K and D position to stockpile WR and RB until the season starts and potentially do some 2 for 1 trades in the meantime.

K: None.

D: None
Also a stacked team. Kap is a tough buy as a solo QB on the roster. Overall, I like the logic behind it and think it could work great in trades.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What, if any, value is there in the Oakland offense?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:04 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Every week there will be great value in whichever DST they face.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:56 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
MJD went undrafted in my draft and if I get an open spot, I'll likely add him. I'm not buying that he's finished just yet. Not saying he's going to explode, but at a WW pickup/late draft pick , he's worth a chance IMO.

Other than him, nobody
Old 08-11-2014, 02:02 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have to decide on 4 keepers. I pick last in the first round. Snake draft. .5 ppr.

Forte - Rd 1 (last year to keep)
Dem Thomas - Rd 2 (last year to keep)
Crabtree - Rd 10 (can keep 2 more seasons)
Ben Tate - Rd 8 (can keep 2 more seasons)
TY - Rd 5 (can keep 2 more seasons)
Josh Gordon - Rd 7 (can keep 2 more seasons)
Matt Ryan - Rd 7 (can keep 2 more seasons)

Definitely want to keep Forte and D. Thomas even though they are early picks. Struggling though to decide on what else to do. Gordons ruling is making it hard. The extra year keeper value on him makes it tough considering his rd 7 value. QBs can be had pretty easily in the mid late rounds in my league too. Could possible trade Dem Thomas for decent value and pick someone like Julio at that spot. Killing me figuring this out.

Last edited by DiG : 08-11-2014 at 02:04 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:36 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Should I take the first pick in a 10 man .4 ppr league, or the 9th or 10th pick? I feel like I'm leaning towards 1 and getting Shady or AP and still getting a decent RB2 later? talent seems light around 9/10.