Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-30-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Anubis View Post
How does my team look?

Standard scoring and format beside an extra flex slot(no ppr)
But double normal yds for pt (ie. 20 recyd/pt), 50 return yd/pt, and yardage pts for defs.

League is 16 team start-up dynasty auction draft.

QB: M. Ryan, R. Fitz(BUF)

RB: M. LeShoure, J. Starks, LaMichael James, Isaiah Pead, Taiwan Jones

WR: Dez, Maclin, T. Smith(BAL), Percy, E. Royal, J. Cribbs, G. Salas(STL), L. Naanee (MIA)

TE: Gronk, J. Dreessen (DEN)

K: Nugent
DEF: CHI, NYJ

RBs look kind of ugly, but one's got to pan out right? lol
Definitely a solid long term roster, which is good. Best won't last long in the NFL and Stephen Jackson doesn't have much left, so I like Pead and LeShoure. Maclin, Smith and Percy are great and Dez . . . well, he's Dez. Great talent but his career trajectory is a complete mystery at this point.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I crazy for trusting Trent Richardson more than all but 3 other RB this year? Seriously, I have serious questions about everyone except for Foster, Rice, and Shady.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Am I crazy for trusting Trent Richardson more than all but 3 other RB this year? Seriously, I have serious questions about everyone except for Foster, Rice, and Shady.
Montario Hardesty supposedly looks great in camp thus far. If he keeps it up AND remains healthy...could cut into Trent's numbers. just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd say yes. Ryan Mathews, Darren McFadden, Matt Forte, MJD, and CJ2K are all arguably better. I do love me some Trent Richardson though, I'd love to grab him in the early 2nd.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that trent has a ton of hype behind him, but he has to face pittsburgh & baltimore defenses twice a year & he will be the only thing going for the browns.

Matthews has been getting a lot of love lately. I would take him & forte over trent, but that is about it.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, here's the deal. My league is a keeper, but it's you lose the round of the draft where you picked him last year. Keep in mind, it's only one player you can keep.

Do I keep Ray Rice who I picked in the 1st round? Or Cam Newton from round 10?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so, here's the deal. My league is a keeper, but it's you lose the round of the draft where you picked him last year. Keep in mind, it's only one player you can keep.

So it's essentially Ray Rice + 10th RD pick - 1st RD pick, or Cam Newton + 1st RD pick - 10th RD pick?

I'd go Newton. Depending on how the rest of your league picks their keepers, then you could have a shot to retake Rice in the 1st again.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

exactly. but the order is based on last season, so I've got pick 8. Won't get Rice, but could get a decent back or another QB (flex can be a QB) at 8. Losing round 10 isn't that big of a deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I'd say yes. Ryan Mathews, Darren McFadden, Matt Forte, MJD, and CJ2K are all arguably better. I do love me some Trent Richardson though, I'd love to grab him in the early 2nd.
I'm not saying I would have the balls to take him if I'm sitting at the 6 or 7 pick. Of the guys you listed, I semi trust Matthews, Forte and MJD. I would likely take those guys over him and then pray to grab him in round 2.

I have no idea on CJ.....he could blow or be the best RB in fantasy. I think McFadden getting injured is a foregone conclusion at this point and you will likely never see him on one of my teams.

I guess my thing with Richardson is that I know one or multiple of the guys you listed will outperform him this year, I just don't have any inclination as to who that guy will be. I do have an inclination that Richardson will deliver very solid numbers and I value that assured consistency quite highly in the first couple rounds.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I can never remember another year where a top 3 pick is so valuable. I just don't trust the RB crop at all this year and I loathe taking a QB in round 1.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, you are. But that shouldn't surprise you, as you are also a Bills fan.

I, too, would not take him before Forte, CJ, DMC and Matthews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Meh. Cleveland needs to prove they can produce a relevant fantasy stat line before I spend second round capital on their players. I like their Oline and Trent, but teams will stack the box all year and force Weeden and . . . Little? to beat them. Good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

Cam. You'd be insane to keep Rice instead. Keepers are all about value. Cam is an 8 or 9 round value. Rice is not even an 8 or 9 pick value.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I can never remember another year where a top 3 pick is so valuable. I just don't trust the RB crop at all this year and I loathe taking a QB in round 1.
While Forte was holding out, I would have agreed. With him signed and in camp, I'd make it a top 4. Otherwise, I completely agree. I have pick 5 in one league and am dreading it.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't trust Forte. Even when healthy last season, he wasn't doing great and then throw in Michael Bush and I can't see him having a top 5 year at running back.

My rankings are:

1. Lesean McCoy
2. Ray Rice
3. Arian Foster

4. MJD
5. Chris Johnson
6. Ryan Matthews
7. Darren McFadden

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I don't trust Forte. Even when healthy last season, he wasn't doing great and then throw in Michael Bush and I can't see him having a top 5 year at running back.

My rankings are:

1. Lesean McCoy
2. Ray Rice
3. Arian Foster

4. MJD
5. Chris Johnson
6. Ryan Matthews
7. Darren McFadden

Define "wasn't doing great."

Also, until MJD shows up to camp, he's not even a top 12 for me. Holdouts ruin RBs nearly every time.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

Define "wasn't doing great."

Also, until MJD shows up to camp, he's not even a top 12 for me. Holdouts ruin RBs nearly every time.
He had like 4 total touchdowns in 12 games. And then with Bush taking TD's and yards away from him, i'm definitely not in love.

And obviously MJD moves down the board if he doesn't turn up, but I don't know when he will though, so i'm just assuming he turns up soon.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-31-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had like 4 total touchdowns in 12 games. And then with Bush taking TD's and yards away from him, i'm definitely not in love.

And obviously MJD moves down the board if he doesn't turn up, but I don't know when he will though, so i'm just assuming he turns up soon.
Almost 1500 total yards in 12 games.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

I can see the TD production being scary but I'd wager my winnings that 4 TDs turns out to be his career low. I'm ok w/a down year in the TD department if the guy closes in on 1500 yards in 12 games. He should even out and go 1300+ and 8-10 this year.

Bush is the most overrated backup ever.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Forte and Mathews as the 4-5 RB. What my strategy would be in the mid-1st is something I am not at all sure of right now, though.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I like Forte and Mathews as the 4-5 RB. What my strategy would be in the mid-1st is something I am not at all sure of right now, though.
Especially with the Madden Curse making Calvin a tough choice at 6.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My rankings are:

1. Lesean McCoy
2. Ray Rice
3. Arian Foster

4. MJD
5. Chris Johnson
6. Ryan Matthews
7. Darren McFadden

I think everyone is afraid of making Mathews that 4th spot but he's clearly locked into it for me and there is little doubt that he's worth that spot. His season last year was highly impressive in lieu of the fact that he was hobbled for some games, and had Tolbert there taking away a ton of production. Even with Tolbert returning I would have had him clearly above McFadden and CJ after the seasons they had last year.

Except now that Tolbert is gone so that clears up the competition for carries, goal line vultures, he has his coach backing him as a true workhorse, and he's as talented as any other RB in the league right now considering Peterson isn't healthy. As somebody said, MJD is dug in for a lengthy holdout and I want absolutely no part of a RB in a long holdout, ever.

When is the last time 1 held out for a long period of time then had a great season after? Chris Johnson & Larry Johnson immediately come to mind. Let alone there is actually a competent back there in Jennings getting meaningful reps who could start to slightly shift it into more of a RBBC. We don't even know when he's going to show up.

Mathews is strongly in that 4 spot then it's a tier drop and the others fall into place. What he did last season was very underrated and a lot of people didn't really take notice. If your league gets ppr he was a stud already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I've got DMC & Mathews together as 5/6. They're both made of glass. Otherwise, I'd have them above Forte, I think. They have to be downgraded a bit when they cost an extra pick b/c their handcuff is an absolute must-have.

Though, now that I type that out, I guess it means I agree w/you, LL. Those two are pretty easy picks sitting in the 5/6 range. So thanks! lol

Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

The only reason I don't like Matthews is because of the injuries. I'm trying to stay away from the injury prone guys, cus it ****** me up last year.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
The only reason I don't like Matthews is because of the injuries. I'm trying to stay away from the injury prone guys, cus it ****** me up last year.
Understandable. But that's what handcuffs are for. My big issue is a #5 pick in a keeper leauge where I expect Mathews to be the best option. Unfortunately, one of my keepers is McFadden. Having two glass-soldiers scares the **** out of me.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Injuries, and being knicked up are two different things though. Mathews was knicked up last year, gutted it out, and posted top 10 numbers. McFadden was injured, thus you were left with a huge hole at RB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Injuries, and being knicked up are two different things though. Mathews was knicked up last year, gutted it out, and posted top 10 numbers. McFadden was injured, thus you were left with a huge hole at RB.
In general, I agree. However, Mathews has two years an not one full season. Is he a thicker brand of glass compared to DMC? Maybe, but he's still glass. Either way, the risk is there and the extra cost associated with the handcuff (and lost production when stepping down in talent) is still rough in a round 1 pick.