Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-15-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmgrand View Post
I'm really torn on who to draft in my 10 Team QB Driven/PPR League

After three trades, my main picks are: 15, 20, 26, 27, 30, 34 and 55... after that they are few and far between... I know that Brees, Rodgers, Brady and Stafford will at least be gone by my first pick, so I'd like to go RB (15), WR (20), RB (26), RB for flex (27), WR (30), and QB (34), TE (55)

What QBs will be there at 34 though, that's my risk?
I agree that trying to plan it out too much is unwise. I'd target Eli after the top 5 QBs are gone (Cam will be gone) and if Eli is gone I wouldn't bother targeting a QB until 55 or later. By that point you have 6 teams with their starter locked up and only 4 teams still shopping for their QB1. If you really love some other QB (Ryan?) then take the shot at 55. Otherwise, use those 7 picks to load up on top RB/WR/TE talent and then draft 3+ QBs later and hope one emerges - though that depends on what, exactly, you mean by 'few and far between' with the remaining picks. QBBC with 3 or 4 guys like RGIII, Rivers, Ryan, Luck, Cutler, Romo & Vick would allow you to play matchups if one of them doesn't emerge as a stud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I need some help on who to keep in my keeper league, 2 separate teams though. I get to keep 4 players. 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE format and the league slightly favors touchdowns if it matters.

Team 1
  • Eli Manning (NYG - QB)
  • Roddy White (Atl - WR)
  • Greg Jennings (GB - WR)
  • Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
  • Mike Williams (TB - WR)
  • Laurent Robinson (Jac - WR)
  • Doug Baldwin (Sea - WR)
  • Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)
  • Roy Helu (Was - RB)
  • Willis McGahee (Den - RB)
  • LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)
  • Toby Gerhart (Min - RB)
  • Kevin Smith(Det - RB)
  • Baltimore (Bal - DEF)

Team 2
  • Cam Newton (Car - QB)
  • Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
  • Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
  • Eric Decker (Den - WR)
  • DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)
  • Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
  • Aaron Hernandez (NE - TE)
  • Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)
  • BenJarvus Green-Ellis (Cin - RB)
  • Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)
  • Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
  • Jahvid Best (Det - RB)
  • Mike Tolbert (Car - RB)
  • Detroit (Det - DEF)

Graham, Jennings, and White are obvious picks on 1, and CJ & Newton are the only two I'm completely sure of on 2. +rep to anyone willing to help me out.
For both teams, the bolded players are the ones I like best.

Team 1:
Don't sleep on Eli. His numbers have increased every season over the last few years.
I agree that Graham is obvious. Jennings and White are the clear elite players so they're best, too.
I do like Blount this year, but you can target him late and he will out perform his draft value. I'm thinking by a lot. There could easily be 350 carries for Blount and Martin to share.
Thomas is a nice keeper but has some questions w/Peyton's ability, stamina and Decker as a poacher. He'd be a great choice but I wouldn't do it with two known commodities in White & Jennings.
Manning / Jennings / White / Graham

Team 2:
Cam, Calvin and Hernandez are must-keep guys. Hernandez shared a top 5 TE spot with Gronk even with missed time last year. They could both close in on 300 points in PPR this year.
That 4th spot is a toss up. I like Decker and Desean but think Ryan would provide solid insurance in case Cam drops off in a big way and possibly stellar trade value if not. I'd say take a look at other rosters and try to figure out who will be kept. If there will be lots of WR kept then the draft pool gets thinned out and keeping a WR becomes a higher priority. The same applies to QB.
Newton / Ryan* / Johnson / Hernandez

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 08-15-2012 at 10:25 AM.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Thats hard to plan for because of the amount of picks in front of you. Go bpa as long as you can instead of planning positions by pick. Thats deadly. Get RG3 if youcan.
BPA is probably how it's going to breakdown. After being killed by injuries the past couple of years, I decided to trade around to get a lot of 2nd and 3rd rounders, to build a quality, all-around starting lineup.

I have been ignoring ADP and Mocks because I have no idea who will be there at starting at pick 15. These are the weekly averages for the Top Five at each position:

QB - 27.34
RB - 19
WR - 18.86
TE - 15.2
D/ST - 15.04
K - 11.46

And for QBs, it's a pretty steep drop off after the first five, down to a 19.44 weekly average. That's why I'm going to try to fill out my six RB/WR/TE starters with my first six picks and take the best remaining QB at 55, which I'm hoping Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers will still be there since this is a 10 team league which starts only one QB, and I doubt everyone will pick their QB is Rounds 1-5. I already know one guy who is obsessed with RG3 and will pick him absurdly high.

Also while having six picks between 15 and 34 is great for top end depth, it's not so great for building a thorough team, since I basically have to ignore runs on positions. It will be interesting, and I put myself in this position to try a new method. I'll post my team after the draft.
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team One is rather easy.

Eli Manning
Roddy White
Greg Jennings
Jimmy Graham

Turn Jennings/White into a RB via trade if you want, you ave a top 6 QB, two top 5 RB, and in my opinion the best fantasy tight end.

Team Two is tough. Obviously you lay the foundation of Newton and Megatron.
Matt Ryan is worthless to you, Wayne, Beanie Wells, Tolbert, Best, and the defense as well.

Leaves you:
Eric Decker
Desean Jackson
Aaron Hernandez
Reggie Bush
Benjarvus Green-Ellis
Jonathan Stewart

I like Decker quite a bit, Desean has averaged something less than 4 catches a game with a limited route tree so he's out for me. Hernandez would be a keeper if he weren't behind Gronk and stuck in NE. I like Stewart but splitting carries with DeAngelo and Newton seemingly the goal line back, not much value is there in fantasy.

So pick two of Decker, Bush, and BGE. It's not pretty but I go with the two backs but like Docta said, try to scan your league for what RB/WR might be available.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anybody is down for a Yahoo dynasty league, get in on the ground floor here: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...2&#post3089972

We have 7 carryovers from last year (just a vanilla league last year, dynasty starts this year), so I'm looking for 5.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 drafts completed; 2 teams with Jon Dwyer.

Isaac Redman to undergo an MRI for a groin injury.

Sucks for him. Great for me.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
2 drafts completed; 2 teams with Jon Dwyer.

Isaac Redman to undergo an MRI for a groin injury.

Sucks for him. Great for me.
I have a feeling someone other than Redman/Dwyer will be the guy midseason. Who? Im not sure, might not be on the roster yet. Dont trust anything related to Pitts offense this year.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I have a feeling someone other than Redman/Dwyer will be the guy midseason. Who? Im not sure, might not be on the roster yet. Dont trust anything related to Pitts offense this year.
Dwyer has had hugely positive reports so far through camp. You may be right, but he's a solid just-prior-to-kicker type flier. Now he'll likely be a mid-rounder or higher, depending on the MRI results.

The report on Redman is that he hurt the groin prior to the Steelers first game and he played in that game, anyway. But he hasn't made fininshed a full practice since. (source)

My prediction: Ryan Grant's phone could be ringing soon.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If people have open slots, I'm up for any and all fantasy leagues! Just PM me!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

So one of the leagues I'm in had a trade go through that was just awful. It's PPR and the trade sent Matt Forte for Kenny Britt + Shonn Greene.

I posted on the message board today saying I wanted to know how I could get my ticket to ride the Trash for Treasure Train.

I just checked my email and I have a trade offer from some joker that wants Ahmad Bradshaw and is offering me the fantastic package of Michael Bush + Lance Moore.

I love me some fantasy foolishness. lol

Old 08-16-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First real draft of the year with college buddies in a league I dominate regular season every year and flop first round of playoffs. For the first time I do not like my team, lemme know what you guys think

12 teams
QB- Tom Brady
WR- Jeremy maclin, Vincent Jackson, Reggie Wayne, Santonio holmes, Greg Little, Jon Baldwin
RB- Jamaal charles, Demarco Murray, Reggie Bush, Donald Brown, felix Jones
TE- Jermaine Gresham, Kyle Rudolph
K- Nick Novak
D- NYG

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did my first draft of the year. My big one.....huge buy in. How'd I do?

It's a 10 teamer, non-PPR, start QB(1), RB(2), WR(3), TE(1), FLEX(1), DEF, K.

Scoring is standard (4 pts/passing TD) with the only wrinkle being a 6 point bonus for 300 yds. passing or 100 receiving or rushing in a game.

QB: Mike Vick, Phillip Rivers
RB: Ray Rice, Michael Turner, Law Firm, Isaac Redmond, Jaquizz Rodgers
WR: Roddy White, Wes Welker, Antonio Brown, DHB, Titus Young
TE: Jermaine Gresham, Jacob Tamme
DEF: Seattle
K: IDK, I had to split for the last round, got the highest ranked guy

Plus rep for thoughtful feedback.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest your team is stacked pretty much everywhere but at RB2 and Flex. Vick is ideal risk/reward, and you got Rivers in case he busts. Ray Rice is a top three back. Roddy White and Wes Welker are both top ten wideouts, and you got Antonio Brown who will likely break out. At tight end you got two people who could have big years. Hard to hate on this squad.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:25 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My money league draft is in two weeks, I've gone through a lot of options in my head.

1. If the top 3 Quarterbacks are gone I think I'm just going to wait till Rounds 5 or 6 and take a Matt Ryan or Tony Romo. If I can get one of the two and then get RG3 or Luck or even a Andy Dalton later on, I'll feel pretty good about my QB situation.

2. I want at least one of the two stud rookie running backs. Trent Richardson is obviously the name everyone knows but I'm praying guys in my league dont know much about Doug Martin and I can steal him late.When has Trent and Doug gone in your guys' drafts?

3. I wouldn't take Calvin over Foster, McCoy or Rice but I'd probably take him over any other Running back. This is probably my go-to target in round one, just because IMO besides the Quarterbacks, he is the safest selection.

4. If I can get a Calvin in round one and say a Chris Johnson/DeMarco Murray in the secound round, I wonder if I'd be able to get a Julio Jones or AJ green in round 3. I think Julio is going to be a monster this season, the problem is so does CBS and thats what we do our draft on, so everyone is going to look at their rankings and Julio's ranked like 4th or 5th on that site.

Like IMO the perfect scenerio for me...

1. Calvin
2. Chris Johnson/Demarco Murray
3. Julio Jones/AJ Green
4. Trent Richardson/Steven Jackson
5. Matt Ryan/Tony Romo

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 08-17-2012 at 04:34 AM.
holt_bruce81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
First real draft of the year with college buddies in a league I dominate regular season every year and flop first round of playoffs. For the first time I do not like my team, lemme know what you guys think

12 teams
QB- Tom Brady
WR- Jeremy maclin, Vincent Jackson, Reggie Wayne, Santonio holmes, Greg Little, Jon Baldwin
RB- Jamaal charles, Demarco Murray, Reggie Bush, Donald Brown, felix Jones
TE- Jermaine Gresham, Kyle Rudolph
K- Nick Novak
D- NYG
Brady is a stud, obviously. Personally, I love Maclin and think he's undervalued each year. Quite a few WRs get ranked ahead of him that I wouldn't take first. Vincent Jackson should be an interesting one to watch. Lots of talk that the Bucs will run like crazy but I think we'll see Freeman (much better shape this year) and Williams blossom with a real coaching staff and a big-name target to take some of the heat off. Wayne is tremendously undervalued w/the departure of Manning plus his age, but I think he's the perfect guy to draft as your WR3 b/c he's a pretty solid bet to break 1k yards again. Baldwin could be a solid sleeper and a decent bye week guy.
JC, Murray and Donald Brown should be a solid rotation and Bush is still determined to prove he can be the workhorse back. Love the depth you have there, tbh.
TE will be feast of faminine. My money would be on you being hungry alot. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Did my first draft of the year. My big one.....huge buy in. How'd I do?

It's a 10 teamer, non-PPR, start QB(1), RB(2), WR(3), TE(1), FLEX(1), DEF, K.

Scoring is standard (4 pts/passing TD) with the only wrinkle being a 6 point bonus for 300 yds. passing or 100 receiving or rushing in a game.

QB: Mike Vick, Phillip Rivers
RB: Ray Rice, Michael Turner, Law Firm, Isaac Redmond, Jaquizz Rodgers
WR: Roddy White, Wes Welker, Antonio Brown, DHB, Titus Young
TE: Jermaine Gresham, Jacob Tamme
DEF: Seattle
K: IDK, I had to split for the last round, got the highest ranked guy

Plus rep for thoughtful feedback.
Solid, as well. Great move w/the two QBs you choose, imo. Both have big upside and there's no way Rivers craps the bed like he did last year so you should have solid weekly production from one of them each week.
RB is just sick in a non-ppr. Turner and BJGE are great TD guys. As long as there's no YPC bonus you're good. lol
WR would be better in PPR but that's a damn good line up. I think Brown is in line for a big season with the extra camp time compared to Wallace. It looked like Ben was looking at Brown as his WR1 last year down the stretch, anyway. DHB & Young are perfect for what they are on this roster - all upside youngsters that are unlikely to ever start, except for a bye week here or there.
TE . . . same as the last one - feast or famine; prepare to be hungry. I forsee plenty of trade ammo for you, though. I personally think Tamme will be one of this year's most overhyped nobodies in FF.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
My money league draft is in two weeks, I've gone through a lot of options in my head.

1. If the top 3 Quarterbacks are gone I think I'm just going to wait till Rounds 5 or 6 and take a Matt Ryan or Tony Romo. If I can get one of the two and then get RG3 or Luck or even a Andy Dalton later on, I'll feel pretty good about my QB situation.

2. I want at least one of the two stud rookie running backs. Trent Richardson is obviously the name everyone knows but I'm praying guys in my league dont know much about Doug Martin and I can steal him late.When has Trent and Doug gone in your guys' drafts?

3. I wouldn't take Calvin over Foster, McCoy or Rice but I'd probably take him over any other Running back. This is probably my go-to target in round one, just because IMO besides the Quarterbacks, he is the safest selection.

4. If I can get a Calvin in round one and say a Chris Johnson/DeMarco Murray in the secound round, I wonder if I'd be able to get a Julio Jones or AJ green in round 3. I think Julio is going to be a monster this season, the problem is so does CBS and thats what we do our draft on, so everyone is going to look at their rankings and Julio's ranked like 4th or 5th on that site.

Like IMO the perfect scenerio for me...

1. Calvin
2. Chris Johnson/Demarco Murray
3. Julio Jones/AJ Green
4. Trent Richardson/Steven Jackson
5. Matt Ryan/Tony Romo
I agree w/pretty much all your points. I would probably still take a guy like McFadden over Calvin simply because getting a stud RB is so tough after the top 4-6 are gone. Plus, the Madden Curse is real. I like Murray, too but he'll likely sky rocket as we get into real drafts now that every report is detailing how Felix has lost burst, failed conditioning, and generally sucked all camp & preseason. Lots of the mocks I've done have seen DMC & Murray going around the turn at 11/12. Personally, I'd be thrilled with a draft that started that way if I were at 11/12.

Julio absolutely looks beast, and is the current darling to finish top 5. I could see it, for sure, and really don't have a gripe with people taking him as the second WR off the board. He's got a tremendous situation compared to Fitz and has age on his side compared to guys like Andre, Jennings, etc.

To me, no rookie ever deserves a round 2 pick. Trent was going there but is now sliding due to injury. I'd steer clear of him until 4/5 but I do like him better than Martin who has a similar value now @ 4/5. If you take a guy like DMC early then a proven, reliable RB like Steven Jackson would be the smarter pick.

Completely agree on the QBs. Top 4-6 (depending on how you feel about Cam/Eli) and then a cliff. If I don't get one of the top 4 of Rodgers, Brees, Brady & Stafford I'm fine with a pair or trio at QB with lots of good options later.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Mushtaq23
Rookie

Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just had my draft, thoughts please? Not really happy with starting receivers...

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - Matt Forte
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Miles Austin
TE - Fred Davis
FLEX - Trent Richardson
DEF - Pittsburgh
K - Jason Hanson

BN - Andy Dalton
BN - Mark Ingram
BN - Greg Little
BN - Robert Meachem
BN - Randy Moss
BN - Jared Cook
Mushtaq23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:07 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was it a 10-team or 12-team league?

I think your fine at Receiver, the only concern I would have is Miles Austin with his injuries. And I think Robert Meachem is going to come up huge for you off the bench.

I don't really think Pittsburgh's defense is going to have that good of a season, and I'm not a fan of Mark Ingram's. Not saying he'll bust but with Sproles and Thomas I don't see Ingram getting more than 10-12 carries a game and that could hurt you for a few games. I would deffinetly look for someone on the waiver wire, maybe a Ryan Williams.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:57 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

If I have picks 12 and 13 of my money league (standard) how crazy would it be to select Gronkowski and Graham?

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 08-18-2012 at 07:11 AM.
holt_bruce81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was that a 6 team league? McCoy, Forte, Richardson...
and your receivers are not too shabby either.

And it depends on who is sitting there. I doubt when the time comes that you make that selection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
If I have picks 12 and 13 of my money league (standard) how crazy would it be to select Gronkowski and Graham?
Whats the format? I would take Stafford/Graham instead. WR is deep, and as long as you have 1 of the 2 TE, it isnt nevessary to pass a Top 5 QB for another TE.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Looking for teams to join a free league on Yahoo.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....ter/joinleague

ID is 372604

Password is Draft

Live draft on Sep 1. (Open to change this if need be.)
Need one more team.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Need one more team.
Let's get up to 10 if possible.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone have any PPR tiers made?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did a mock with this strategy and ended up with the following...

QB: Fitzpatrick
RB: Gore
RB: Bush
WR: Bowe
WR: S. Johnson
TE: Gronkowski
Flex: Graham

Backups: Donald Brown, Kevin Smith, Kendall Hunter, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Leonard Hankerson, Brandon LaFell
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's get up to 10 if possible.
That was the plan but having trouble getting people to join. :/

I think I waited to long this year, everyone is all ready in a league.