Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-21-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everything looks really nice, just a bit thin at RB. like your QB's a lot
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
everything looks really nice, just a bit thin at RB. like your QB's a lot
Thanks.

You think I should drop Randy for Denarius Moore?
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I just finished my first auction draft (from the NFLDC auction draft topic.) How did I do?

QB: Michael Vick - Peyton Manning - Tim Tebow

RB: Steven Jackson - Trent Richardson - Michael Turner - Ben Tate - LeGarrette Blount - Rashard Mendenhall

WR: A.J. Green - Victor Cruz - Jeremy Maclin - Santonio Holmes

TE: Coby Fleener

K: Matt Prater

DST: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
How about this?

QB: M. Vick - M. Schaub

RB: A. Peterson - T. Richardson - B. Tate - R. Mendenhall

WR: C. Johnson - A. Johnson - S. Johnson - S. Holmes - M. Crabtree

TE: A. Hernandez - T. Gonzalez

K: G. Hartley

DST: Green Bay
Both of these teams are real nice and you know that, second team being more stacked but I like team 1 more because of Manning backing up Vick. I don't trust #7 to stay healthy.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been posting about thoughts on what I should do at my draft slots in my 10 team, QB dominated, PPR league, since I traded far too often. I've finally settled on my slots and I own these as my first six picks 15, 16, 20, 30, 34, and 40. My next pick after these is pick 74 (where I will take whichever QB falls to me since probably 8 teams will have picked a QB by then).

This sounds ridiculous, but I have pretty much decided to take Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski as my 15 and 16 (unless someone in my top 10 drops). My reasoning behind this is to obviously start one as a flex (which I was going to grab a receiver to do anyways) and potentially rob every other team out of a projected spread at around 5 to 6 points at the TE position. I checked both their stats last year (I realize they both went off the charts and I'm not expecting 100% stat reproduction) and they were remarkably more consistent than any receiver not named Calvin Johnson. Picks 20, 30, 34, and 40 will be used for BPA locked into 2 RB and 2 WR, in any order.

So what do you guys think about my Dual TE logic, would it work?
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I would drop Moss for probably any of those guys.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still debating on when to get a Tight End. Should I spend a 2nd rounder on Graham on Gronk? or use that 2nd round pick on a #1 or 2 RB or #1 WR and wait till the 8th or 9th rounds and take a guy like Fred Davis/Jermaine Gresham?

I'm thinking wait.....but if I start out the draft with Calvin and Gronk/Graham or Rice/Foster/McCoy and Gronk/Graham I don't think I can complain but would say a AJ Green or Julio Jones be better in the 2nd, maybe even Larry.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 08-21-2012 at 03:08 PM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

need a quick answer. keeper league. Dez RD5 or Eli RD 15??

already have:
Ryan Mathews RD6
Hakeem Nicks RD4
Jimmy G RD 7

4 pts per passing TD, .5 pts per reception. top 7 QBs based on my rankings are all being kept (Rodgers, Brees, Newton, Brady, Stafford, Vick, Romo). Could probably redraft Eli in the 4th. Dez will probably go late 2nd to early 3rd.

Last edited by DiG : 08-21-2012 at 04:34 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Anybody? Would be much appreciated
I'd drop him for one of the Oakland WRs, probably DHB.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Just drafted in my first money league yesterday. Ten teams, .5 PPR, we start 2 QB's and a RB/WR/TE so QB is much more of a premium position than in other leagues. Let me know what you think:

QB: Tom Brady
QB: Tony Romo
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Mike Williams
TE: Kyle Rudolph
Flex: BenJarvus Green-Ellis
K: Sebastian Janikowski
D/ST: Houston
Bench: Eli Manning, Tim Tebow, Evan Royster, Dexter McCluster, Kendall Wright, Jonathan Baldwin

My big mistake in this one was the Manning move, a combination of trying to bid up a guy who was going to get him on the cheap and liking where his value was but it was too much money to invest in the QB position. Cost me a lot of depth and my third receiver slot, where I need one of the three guys I have right now to step up. Going to try to move Romo/Eli for a big time WR and I'll feel a little better about my team if I can do that. Bench is pretty weak, but I like most of my starters and thought I made some okay upside plays. If Sanchez gets hurt or benched Tebow's going to be a valuable trade chip in the 2 QB league, figured he was worth the min bid to stash on my bench.
Bump, any thoughts on the team? Also thinking about dropping Baldwin for Amendola if I can.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just drafted in my first money league yesterday. Ten teams, .5 PPR, we start 2 QB's and a RB/WR/TE so QB is much more of a premium position than in other leagues. Let me know what you think:

QB: Tom Brady
QB: Tony Romo
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Mike Williams
TE: Kyle Rudolph
Flex: BenJarvus Green-Ellis
K: Sebastian Janikowski
D/ST: Houston
Bench: Eli Manning, Tim Tebow, Evan Royster, Dexter McCluster, Kendall Wright, Jonathan Baldwin

My big mistake in this one was the Manning move, a combination of trying to bid up a guy who was going to get him on the cheap and liking where his value was but it was too much money to invest in the QB position. Cost me a lot of depth and my third receiver slot, where I need one of the three guys I have right now to step up. Going to try to move Romo/Eli for a big time WR and I'll feel a little better about my team if I can do that. Bench is pretty weak, but I like most of my starters and thought I made some okay upside plays. If Sanchez gets hurt or benched Tebow's going to be a valuable trade chip in the 2 QB league, figured he was worth the min bid to stash on my bench.
Definitely a strong team and likely contender. If you can't move Eli, he's a really nice backup option when Romo and Brady are on byes. Hell, you may want to play Eli some weeks over Romo if you like paying attention to matchups.

Edit: Yeah, get Amendola. Many are predicting a breakout season for him.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 08-21-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bump, any thoughts on the team? Also thinking about dropping Baldwin for Amendola if I can.
You are going to need RBs. Pick up DJ Ware right now I guess. I think based on draft position, Hillis is the KC back to own this year - not Charles. But he should be OK I guess.

Drop Tebow for Amendola.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
need a quick answer. keeper league. Dez RD5 or Eli RD 15??

already have:
Ryan Mathews RD6
Hakeem Nicks RD4
Jimmy G RD 7

4 pts per passing TD, .5 pts per reception. top 7 QBs based on my rankings are all being kept (Rodgers, Brees, Newton, Brady, Stafford, Vick, Romo). Could probably redraft Eli in the 4th. Dez will probably go late 2nd to early 3rd.
I'd go Dez. Find a QB later.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team auction this weekend. I have $200 to spend, how much is too much for Foster/Rice?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
10 team auction this weekend. I have $200 to spend, how much is too much for Foster/Rice?
I've done 2 auction drafts so far. Here's what they went for in each:

Foster- $52 & $77
Rice- $63 & $78

I'd say the league where they went in the high 70's is too high. About 60 is good.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 08-21-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'd pay more for Rice than Foster, more for McCoy than either. with the depth at WR, somewhere around $55 maybe? I'm not too good with auction drafts, though. I'd be sure to get one of the top 5-7 QB's (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Newton, E. Manning) and 2-3 good RB's.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I have a question:

.5 PPR 12-team league (5-point passing TDs, everything else pretty standard). I have 7th pick. I want to take McFadden but he's likely gone. If Mathews is healthy for Week 1 (or even questionable, I don't mind the clavicle injury in terms of re-aggravating it), I'll likely take him.

But if not, or if I sour on Mathews or if somehow he's gone, who should I take?

Here's my current Big Board without much in-depth research.

1) Ray Rice
2) LeSean McCoy
3) Arian Foster
4) Darren McFadden
5) Aaron Rodgers
6) Calvin Johnson
7) FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
8) Ryan Mathews?

I don't like Chris Johnson because I don't think the Titans are going to be any good, he's not going to catch as many passes, and he didn't play hard last year - which just rubs me the wrong way. And he's probably not as fast as he was three years ago. Feel free to sway me though. He's someone that if he starts off poorly again I could probably still get assets back early season.

I don't have any legitimate reason for passing on Brady, Brees, or Stafford at No. 7. Except that:
A) I love waiting on QBs and can always find productive ones (even if it's not 30 ppg) way, way, way later - EVERY SINGLE YEAR.
B) I could possibly get one of them in the 2nd round (Our league is very RB-heavy and everyone likes waiting on QBs).

The average numbers after a holdout are damning to MJD's prospects this year. Also, I don't like JACs offense much. It's tough for me to take him.

Adrian Peterson and Trent Richardson are scary and one or both of them COULD end up as a top-5 fantasy back. But one or both might be there in the 2nd and the risks with Peterson are UNPRECEDENTED.

TRich also has a million question marks.

Which leads me to two guys I don't want to take SO HIGH (but I don't believe in reaches because pre-draft rankings are NEVER accurate) but might actually be smart picks at No. 7 in a RB-heavy league:

Marshawn Lynch and DeMarco Murray. If they stay healthy all year, they'll absolutely be worth the 7th pick. Probably won't shatter the earth - but 1400 all-purpose and 10+ TDs should be easy. That's what we want out of a first-rounder, anyway, right? I could most likely get one in the 2nd round also, though...

The only other possibilities are:

Larry Fitzgerald: Sorry, I just don't trust those QBs. He's been consistent enough but I could easily see him scoring like 8 TDs all year.

Cam Newton: Would I be surprised if he finishes the year as the No. 1 overall fantasy player, accounts for nearly 50 total TDs, and leads the Panthers to a playoff berth? Not at all. Would I be surprised if he regresses a little, and after I take him at No. 7, end up with a bad team, and kick myself for overthinking things, passing on Brady and Brees for a hot young name? No. Not really. In fact, that's what usually happens in our league - we all pass on elite QBs and then people in the league with less knowledge just take a Brady, Brees, or Rodgers and end up with better teams than ours.

*Also my league scoring is 5-pt passing TDs, which slightly reduces the value of Vick/Newton because they score rushing TDs which are usually more valuable in 4-pt passing TD leagues. We also have 1 pt for a 300 yard game, 2 pts for a 350 and 3 pts for a 400, so guys who get rushing yards might have more games without those bonuses... just food for thought.

And quickly back to Matt Stafford:

He's probably not going to be there in the 2nd for me (slight, slight chance he will be), so if I want him, I should take him at No. 7. I could definitely see him (assuming he plays all 16) ending up as like the No. 3 overall fantasy player, leading the league in yards and being top 2 or 3 in TDs. Is HE actually the hot name that I'm overrating? Is the injury risk too much (especially since he drops back more than anyone else in the league, thus increasing the risk)? Or should I just say **** it - pull the trigger and stay along for the ride as he goes for 5000/40 again?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

draft an elite QB, you can't really **** up by picking Rodgers, Brees, or Brady. I even find myself taking Stafford in the late first in mocks on a consistent basis
Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

So after I figure that out - here's some help for you guys:

+ means guys I like more than where they are being drafted. The more +s the more I like him relative to his draft projection.

- means the same thing but negatively.

I haven't done all my fantasy research, but I think it's valuable to get a feel for players after knowing real life NFL stuff (I've already made my season wagers) rather than looking at everything based on stats. Here goes:

Matt Stafford +
Larry Fitzgerald -
Mike Wallace ----
Jamaal Charles --
A.J. Green -
Julio Jones +++++++++++++++
Darren McFadden +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Steven Jackson ++
Michael Turner -----
Frank Gore ---------
Jordy Nelson ++
Darren Sproles ---
Percy Harvin ++++++++
Brandon Lloyd --
Miles Austin -------
Roy Helu -----------------------------
Vincent Jackson -
Jonathan Stewart +
Stevan Ridley --------------
Eric Decker +++++++++++++
DeSean Jackson +
Matt Ryan ++
Isaac Redman ----------------------------
Robert Meachem ----
Pierre Garcon --
Peyton Hillis +++++++
Donald Brown +++
Reggie Wayne ++
Titus Young ++
Malcom Floyd +
Ryan Williams ++
Kendall Hunter +

Here are the guys I can't get a read on, but I think I like:
WR Jeremy Maclin
WR Torrey Smith
RB Doug Martin
RB Kevin Smith
RB C.J. Spiller

Here are the guys I don't know WTF to think:

RB Fred Jackson
WR Steve Smith
RB Ahmad Bradshaw
RB Reggie Bush
RB Beanie Wells

As for QBs, I think that if you don't get an elite one you should just do this:

Target Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, or Philip Rivers later than their ranking in the 7th-8th-9th range if people already have their QBs and a couple of owners are just waiting playing chicken.

Or

Just wait until the 10th and later and grab Luck/Palmer/Flacco/Bradford. If one or two of your guys aren't startable every week, you'll find someone on the wire (cough, Russell Wilson, cough) soon enough. Orton, Vick, Newton last year - there's always a top QB that emerges during the season. No other QB seems worth their draft position this year except the top, top guys. Wait on QBs, stack your team.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my top 15 right now.

1. Arian Foster
2. Ray Rice
3. Lasean McCoy
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Tom Brady
6. Calvin Johnson
7. Drew Brees
8. MJD*
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Larry Fitzgerald
11. Chris Johnson
12. Matt Forte
13. Jimmy Graham
14. Marshawn Lynch
15. Gronk

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. LeSean McCoy
3. Ray Rice
4. Arian Foster
5. Tom Brady
6. Drew Brees
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Matthew Stafford
9. Maurice Jones-Drew
10. Chris Johnson
11. Matt Forte
12. Marshawn Lynch
13. Jimmy Graham
14. Rob Gronkowski
15. Darren McFadden
Old 08-21-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

^ So basically I'm an idiot for passing on Brady at No. 7?

EDIT: **** it. If DMac is gone I'm taking Stafford at 7. **** Brady. Stafford is the new Brady.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Brady is guaranteed 300+ points. Stafford had a huge year last season and is an injury risk. on the flip side, though, he has Calvin Johnson. that alone makes him good for 1400 yards and 12 touchdowns
Old 08-21-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are everyone's thoughts on drafting a bunch of players with the same bye week? Here's what I've got so far (PPR):

QB: Michael Vick, Ben Roethlisberger
RB: LeSean McCoy, Ryan Mathews, Jamal Charles, Beanie Wells
WR: Wes Welker, Julio Jones, Jeremy Maclin, Eric Decker, Lance Moore
TE: Tony Gonzalez

Vick, McCoy, Mathews, Charles, Julio, Maclin, Decker, and Gonzalez all have a week seven bye. I'm thinking I'll just forfeit the week in order to keep my team together.

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 08-21-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it a dumb move to roll with Doug Martin, DWill, Helu, Spiller, and Mike Goodson as my RBs and let Romo, Fitz, Percy, Gronk, and DJax/Lance Moore beast mode it up until Mendenhall returns from injury? My schedule is not that hard the first four weeks to where I think I can go 3-1 and Mendenhall SHOULD be the starter once he gets back healthy after their Bye week.

If I were to dangle one of the WRs I have, it'd be Moore, though I doubt he'd land much.

Edit: If Redman is still bothering with his injury, I could always pick up Dwyer to start for me since he's on waivers.

Last edited by Hines : 08-21-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Is it a dumb move to roll with Doug Martin, DWill, Helu, Spiller, and Mike Goodson as my RBs and let Romo, Fitz, Percy, Gronk, and DJax/Lance Moore beast mode it up until Mendenhall returns from injury? My schedule is not that hard the first four weeks to where I think I can go 3-1 and Mendenhall SHOULD be the starter once he gets back healthy after their Bye week.

If I were to dangle one of the WRs I have, it'd be Moore, though I doubt he'd land much.

Edit: If Redman is still bothering with his injury, I could always pick up Dwyer to start for me since he's on waivers.
You better hope Spiller breaks out because you have 1 starting RB and that's not good. In my estimation, DWill is almost worthless (but a lottery ticket start each week because he could break a huge run) and Helu IS worthless. Yuck.

Also, Mendenhall sucks so coming-off-an-injury Mendenhall is probably not much better. Pick up Dwyer, he'll keep the job all year methinks. But any RB there isn't going to be great with that OL.