Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-22-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I don't know the forum rules on this but what sites does everyone frequent for fantasy news, rankings, tips, etc,. Lately, I've been a podcast guy with the ESPN Fantasy Focus and the draft special, but I also listen to CBS' as well as the lower profile/budget ones like fantasyfootballguys and such. I like to get a ton of different perspective.
CBS is just god-awful, imo. My primary leagues have been there for a decade now and the content is terrible. They bandwagoneer worse than anything I've ever seen and never seem to mind doing a complete 180 on a player in a single week. I'm all for changing your mind, but these guys will routinely contradict themselves in just a few short days. They are also consistently late with news compared to just about any outlet on the interwebs. They still think Jon Dwyer shouldn't be drafted, despite the fact that he looks like the #1 guy heading into week one. (Probably b/c they don't update much more than once a week, and that's only on the studs. They appear to have stopped tagging their player notes with the updated date, probably to preven me from showing that they don't update worth ****. lol)

I don't really do any podcasts. I watch the NFLN fantasy shows fairly often, though they are more and more geared towards advising the novice FF manager.

FBG daily email. FFToday (especially for their interactive scoring review page.) CBS and Yahoo because I have leagues there and Roto, but that's mostly a BS pay site that I use only for contract details and the latest news blurbs.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
CBS is just god-awful, imo. My primary leagues have been there for a decade now and the content is terrible. They bandwagoneer worse than anything I've ever seen and never seem to mind doing a complete 180 on a player in a single week. I'm all for changing your mind, but these guys will routinely contradict themselves in just a few short days. They are also consistently late with news compared to just about any outlet on the interwebs. They still think Jon Dwyer shouldn't be drafted, despite the fact that he looks like the #1 guy heading into week one. (Probably b/c they don't update much more than once a week, and that's only on the studs. They appear to have stopped tagging their player notes with the updated date, probably to preven me from showing that they don't update worth ****. lol)

I don't really do any podcasts. I watch the NFLN fantasy shows fairly often, though they are more and more geared towards advising the novice FF manager.

FBG daily email. FFToday (especially for their interactive scoring review page.) CBS and Yahoo because I have leagues there and Roto, but that's mostly a BS pay site that I use only for contract details and the latest news blurbs.
I've used CBS once for a money league in fantasy baseball, I loved it but you're right they're so hot and cold with players. The live scoring feature was real cool for baseball because I could tune in to MLB.tv when I saw my pitcher was back on the mound or my hitter was up. I never used it for football and haven't gone back there even for fantasy football articles. I tend to form my own opinions/rankings and then get them down on paper, which I have no problem sharing with everyone but it's based around my league's scoring (PPR) and some guys I have in red because I simply won't draft them, it's just for informational purposes knowing whether or not they're on the board. I've done tiers in the past, and I think someone asked for them in this thread but don't know who?

How does everyone go about it pre draft? Do you pick up magazines (waste of money, everything is online)? Print out cheat sheets? Make your own?

I have 4 drafts next week, some with people on this site, and have lived in mock draft lobbies with podcasts in my ear.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like CBS
Old 08-22-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you guys spend a top 10 pick on Darren Mcfadden? Or say you have the 10th pick and it goes....

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Arian Foster
3. Tom Brady
4. Ray Rice
5. Lesean McCoy
6. Drew Brees
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Chris Johnson
9. Darren Mcfadden

What do you do? take Murray? Forte?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

have to take one of them imo, if it's 10 take both if it's 12, I'd take Forte and maybe hope Murray comes back around

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how CBS handles everything on the league / team pages. The form and function they offer is my favorite of the bunch. I wish they would stop making "upgrades" every year and try to reinvent the wheel.

I stand behind my comments on the content, though. Their news is woefully slow and they bandwagon guys like crazy. I generally scoff at them and/or ignore them.

Rankings . . . pretty much everyone has them similar, so I guess that's fine.

As for DMC/Murray in the top 10, I'm buying. Handcuff them early, but take the top skills & situations they represent. I'm concerned enough about CJ2K that I might take them before him. However, I don't think I'll have the option in any of my leagues do to keepers. The other was auction and they were all out of my price range. lol

Old 08-22-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
have to take one of them imo, if it's 10 take both if it's 12, I'd take Forte and maybe hope Murray comes back around
Honestly, you're best chance would be going the other way. Everyone is down on Forte w/Bush in town. Murray has gone earlier in most mocks that I've done recently.

That's on CBS, though, where Forte is way low.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Would you guys spend a top 10 pick on Darren Mcfadden? Or say you have the 10th pick and it goes....

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Arian Foster
3. Tom Brady
4. Ray Rice
5. Lesean McCoy
6. Drew Brees
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Chris Johnson
9. Darren Mcfadden

I'd suggest crying. I trust Forte to stay healthy a little bit more than Murray though.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

CBS I believe has Julio in the top 5 and one guy has him as his 2nd receiver. ESPN has Julio between 10-15. I think we use CBS' rankings in my money league and if that's the case Julio could end up being a 2nd rounder, thinking I might have to reach for him. But if we use ESPN rankings he's a 4th or 5th rounder.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
CBS I believe has Julio in the top 5 and one guy has him as his 2nd receiver. ESPN has Julio between 10-15. I think we use CBS' rankings in my money league and if that's the case Julio could end up being a 2nd rounder, thinking I might have to reach for him. But if we use ESPN rankings he's a 4th or 5th rounder.
The guys in my CBS league will be following the rankings there, for the most part. I try to do my best to identify the guys that are good value on each site based on their rankings b/c there are always at least a few guys in any league that really don't do anything but follow the site ranks.

I cram a whole slew of mocks in on the site I'm drafting next and it helps to adjust back and forth. I also record and watch at least the starters in every preseason game.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Arian Foster
3. Tom Brady
4. Ray Rice
5. Lesean McCoy
6. Drew Brees
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Chris Johnson
9. Darren Mcfadden

Stafford. and be quite happy you got him
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Stafford. and be quite happy you got him

I'm not a big Stafford guy, I think he'll be good but IMO you can have just as much success taking a Matt Ryan or a Phillip Rivers and you can get those guys in the 5th or 6th rounds.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Ok I just did a Mock draft, had the 3rd overall pick and I took....

1st round - Ray Rice
2nd Round - Darren Mcfadden
3rd Round - Trent Richardson (Flex)

Smart or ******** going 3 running backs with the first 3 picks? In the third round I passed on Jimmy Graham and AJ Green.

The rest of the draft....

4th Round - Dez Bryant
5th Round - Jeremy Maclin
6th Round - Peyton Hillis
7th Round - Jay Cutler
8th Round - Reggie Wayne
9th Round - Robert Griffin III
10th Round - Mike Goodson
11th Round - Jared Cook
12th Round - Greg Little
13th Round - Ryan Williams
14th Round - Coby Fleener
15th Round - Bengals Defense
16th Round - Greg Zuerlein
Old 08-22-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell is up with you people and six man leagues?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not a big Stafford guy, I think he'll be good but IMO you can have just as much success taking a Matt Ryan or a Phillip Rivers and you can get those guys in the 5th or 6th rounds.
it could be the scoring in my leagues, but I have Stafford just a shade below that Rodgers/Brady/Brees tier. he is going to have a big year for fantasy, I think. it's hard to screw up picking a good QB in the first, especially in a scenario where there's so little RB depth. the only WR I even consider in the first is Megatron
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had my podcast fantasy draft here is how I ended up 1pt PPR 5 bonus at 100 yards rushing/receiving and 300 yards passing.

Brothgar's team!

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Darren Sproles
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Wes Welker
FLEX - Doug Martin
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
DST - Seattle
K - Mason Crosby
BE - Big Ben
BE - Peyton Hillis
BE - Pierre Garcon
BE - Tony Gonzolez
BE - Greg Little
BE - Felix Jones

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
;)

McFadden. If he's gone, take Murray.

Why take a QB when you know one will be there in round 2? You really like McFadden and Murray aside from the injury concerns so you consider passing on them in round 1 which will likely put you in a position where your best options in round 2 are . . . Peterson and Richardson?

I agree w/the vast majority of what you're selling. Bolded notes in quote, b/c it was easier.
I am beginning to sour on Murray. The Dallas OL is an issue - Murray's running style was VERY different last year from what it was at Oklahoma so it's like wtf? AND he got hurt. Also only scored two TDs. I don't know, I like Lynch more and maybe even Forte... and probably Julio...

In response to the big post:

- I think Julio Jones absolutely WILL finish a top performer in ALL OF FANTASY. Something ridiculous like 1500 yards and 15 TDs. I'd take him in the 2nd round over every receiver not named Calvin Johnson and over a lot of 2nd round running backs (at this point until I figure out which ones I like).

- A.J. Green as a - might be a big mistake. I just don't love Dalton, think teams will double him a lot. He'll be the No. 1, 2, and 3 focus of every defense against them and they won't be great running the ball and have no one to take pressure off Green?

EDIT: As a response to this - this is Larry Fitzgerald every year. And Green isn't on that level (yet) but the comparison is fair. Green may transcend the concept of being the No. 1 focus of a defense just like Fitz.

- Gore is still an injury risk (moreso now that he's older) and they have 3 other RBs to do literally everything you'd want from a RB corps. 800 yds, 5 or 6 TDs, many single-digit points games. Not worth a pick in the first 12 rounds.

- Brandon Lloyd is way overhyped and I wouldn't take him until the 10th. He's behind the TEs and Welker as a redzone option, not a huge burner for big plays - so when is he going to score TDs? And the hype is because apparently he looks in sync with Brady? Based on what - practices!? Not buying it. Brady has never put up big numbers with an outside receiver EXCEPT for Moss - who of course is 20x better than Lloyd. And that was before he had these TEs. Lloyd might put up like 900 yards, but 4-5 TDs and be inconsistent week-to-week. I'm passing with the talent around in the 4th-5th.

- Garcon scored on a screen pass in preseason. I'm not high on Bob passing this year, but maybe he'll be worth it. I'd rather take Torrey Smith, Malcom Floyd, Blackmon or even Titus Young a round later.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Arian Foster
3. Tom Brady
4. Ray Rice
5. Lesean McCoy
6. Drew Brees
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Chris Johnson
9. Darren Mcfadden

Quote:
You take Stafford.

He put up 5000 yards and 40 TDs last year and nothing has changed - he's just a year wiser (and last year his 2nd half was magical). And Titus Young should be better too.

He's proven that with 16 games he's going to be elite. Ryan/Rivers are way more questions.

Or you take Lynch. I think Lynch has an excellent chance to repeat his great year provided he stays healthy.

The OL should be better and with better QB play he might even score more TDs. He's a true workhorse with an outside shot to lead the league in carries which might allow him to win the rushing title.

1500 total yards and 12-14 TDs would be his ceiling but it's not far off if he plays all 16.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Had my podcast fantasy draft here is how I ended up 1pt PPR 5 bonus at 100 yards rushing/receiving and 300 yards passing.

Brothgar's team!

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Darren Sproles
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Wes Welker
FLEX - Doug Martin
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
DST - Seattle
K - Mason Crosby
BE - Big Ben
BE - Peyton Hillis
BE - Pierre Garcon
BE - Tony Gonzolez
BE - Greg Little
BE - Felix Jones
Thoughts?????????????

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brothgar's team!

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Darren Sproles
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Wes Welker
FLEX - Doug Martin
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
DST - Seattle
K - Mason Crosby
BE - Big Ben
BE - Peyton Hillis
BE - Pierre Garcon
BE - Tony Gonzolez
BE - Greg Little
BE - Felix Jones

Very good ppr team, thats for sure.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that team is loaded.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I do not want to take Chris Johnson this year. Sell me on him.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He can run fast. he also looked great in the preseason....and yes...I know its just a pre-season game but he had that top gear that he didnt seem to have last year(and that no other RB in the league has)
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
+1

I fear he may be the option for me in a keeper. I might just draft whichever of the top 3 QBs is there at 5, despite having Cam as a late keeper. Bonuses put Brees/Brady/Rodgers right around 600 points in this league (Cam "only" had 480 where Calvin & Gronk were at 350 & 330 and MJD & Rice had 314.

Taking Brees/Brady gives me a guy with nearly 3x the production of your run-of-the-mill 220 point RB/WR. Plus, it ensures I have one less opponent with a 600 point QB starting against me.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Arian Foster
3. Tom Brady
4. Ray Rice
5. Lesean McCoy
6. Drew Brees
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Chris Johnson
9. Darren Mcfadden

Maurice Jones-Drew, probably. If not, Stafford.

Quote:

Brothgar's team!

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Darren Sproles
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Wes Welker
FLEX - Doug Martin
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
DST - Seattle
K - Mason Crosby
BE - Big Ben
BE - Peyton Hillis
BE - Pierre Garcon
BE - Tony Gonzolez
BE - Greg Little
BE - Felix Jones
This team is killer in PPR. Welker goes entirely too low in PPR, you got a couple steals.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote