Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 11 Discussion Thread

Thursday, November 13th

Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins 8:25 PM EST

Sunday, November 16th

Minnesota Vikings at Chicago Bears 1:00 PM EST
Houston Texans at Cleveland Browns 1:00 PM EST
Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers 1:00 PM EST
Cincinnati Bengals at New Orleans Saints 1:00 PM EST
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Washington Redskins 1:00 PM EST
Denver Broncos at St.Louis Rams 1:00 PM EST
San Francisco 49ers at New York Giants 1:00 PM EST
Seattle Seahawks at Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 PM EST

Oakland Raiders at San Diego Chargers 4:05 PM EST
Detroit Lions at Arizona Cardinals 4:25 PM EST
Philadelphia Eagles at Green Bay Packers 4:25 PM EST

New England Patriots at Indianapolis Colts 8:30 PM EST

Monday, November 17th

Pittsburgh Steelers at Tennessee Titans 8:30 PM EST

BYE: Baltimore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Jets

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have some really good games on the slate this week. Also, only four teams on a bye including only one NFC team. Two of the teams are the Jaguars and Jets.

NFL Sunday will start at 3am for me on a Monday in Tokyo, but I'll be watching most likely. Perhaps the jet lag will help.

I'm looking forward to Bengals/Saints, Seahawks/Chiefs, Lions/Cardinals, Eagles/Packers, Patriots/Colts, and of course my 49ers at the Giants.

While I'm not as interested in the other games I will say that I want to see how far the Browns will continue to rise and how far Oakland will continue to fall.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 11-11-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DET winning at ARI will put them in contention for the No. 1 seed.

SEA/KC is a huge game for both teams. I could see KC taking it fairly easily. Wilson has been incredibly inaccurate and I doubt they can run with a lot of consistency @ KC. SEA has two options this year. Lose 2 or 3 more games and end up as a road warrior WC with absolutely no one backing them but a relatively winnable road to the SB (they give GB/NO huge problems and ARI/DET/ATL/NFCEastteams don't scare me in the playoffs). Or they go on a run starting here and take a shot at the division and even possibly a first-round bye. They aren't playing too well but still have a 6-3 record and are obviously capable of getting very hot. The line being healthy is huge, and Kam and Zach Miller should be back soon. Wilson's odd regression should end soon. I could see a big run.

Regardless, losing @ KC won't kill them I don't think. I kind of like the under-the-radar "what's wrong with the Seahawks???!?" thing. In this league no one stays dominant for long. As long as they are still in it and winning ENOUGH, they can get in the tournament and play like they have in the past two postseasons.

I put DEN, PIT, and SD on mild upset alert.

- Ko Simpson

Last edited by gpngc : 11-11-2014 at 10:56 PM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excited for Aldon Smith's return!!!

Old 11-11-2014, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
DET winning at ARI will put them in contention for the No. 1 seed.

SEA/KC is a huge game for both teams. I could see KC taking it fairly easily. Wilson has been incredibly inaccurate and I doubt they can run with a lot of consistency @ KC. SEA has two options this year. Lose 2 or 3 more games and end up as a road warrior WC with absolutely no one backing them but a relatively winnable road to the SB (they give GB/NO huge problems and ARI/DET/ATL/NFCEastteams don't scare me in the playoffs). Or they go on a run starting here and take a shot at the division and even possibly a first-round bye. They aren't playing too well but still have a 6-3 record and are obviously capable of getting very hot. The line being healthy is huge, and Kam and Zach Miller should be back soon. Wilson's odd regression should end soon. I could see a big run.

Regardless, losing @ KC won't kill them I don't think. I kind of like the under-the-radar "what's wrong with the Seahawks???!?" thing. In this league no one stays dominant for long. As long as they are still in it and winning ENOUGH, they can get in the tournament and play like they have in the past two postseasons.

Seattle is an interesting one, because on paper their first half schedule looks much softer than what they have left. If they make playoffs they will be very dangerous because it means they have been playing some pretty good consistent football.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not sure how ANYTHING PIT or SD do this week could be considered an upset. They have put in some of the most dominant and most pathetic performances ever seen in the NFL this season.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Seattle is an interesting one, because on paper their first half schedule looks much softer than what they have left. If they make playoffs they will be very dangerous because it means they have been playing some pretty good consistent football.
Even if they back in or somehow get lucky to make it at 9-7 or something, no on is going to want to face them.

It's possible the road to the SB could be like Mark Sanchez, Drew Stanton, and the Lions.

- Ko Simpson
Old 11-11-2014, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Even if they back in or somehow get lucky to make it at 9-7 or something, no on is going to want to face them.

It's possible the road to the SB could be like Mark Sanchez, Drew Stanton, and the Lions.
If the Broncos make the superbowl, I would feel more comfortable playing any other team in the NFC than Seattle, with Green Bay maybe the only exception.

I know what you are saying - I am still expecting that the Lions and Eagles fall apart. Cant wait for the two Seahawks-49ers match-ups. Gonna be sick.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
We have some really good games on the slate this week. Also, only four teams on a bye including only one NFC team. Two of the teams are the Jaguars and Jets.

NFL Sunday will start at 3am for me on a Monday in Tokyo, but I'll be watching most likely. Perhaps the jet lag will help.

I'm looking forward to Bengals/Saints, Seahawks/Chiefs, Lions/Cardinals, Eagles/Packers, Patriots/Colts, and of course my 49ers at the Giants.

While I'm not as interested in the other games I will say that I want to see how far the Browns will continue to rise and how far Oakland will continue to fall.
Just thought I'd mention that Cleveland has played the easiest schedule in the NFL so far this season. .430 SOS.

Also, with Palmer out for the season, the Detroit/Arizona game might not be all that it could have been.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 11-11-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I've said all along that Seattle would suffer the SB jinx and have fits winning on the road. So far, that is pretty well the way their season is progressing.
I don't expect them to make the playoffs.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
If the Broncos make the superbowl, I would feel more comfortable playing any other team in the NFC than Seattle, with Green Bay maybe the only exception.

I know what you are saying - I am still expecting that the Lions and Eagles fall apart. Cant wait for the two Seahawks-49ers match-ups. Gonna be sick.
Here's the Seahawks schedule with my projected lines. They are now 6-3. Every game is a playoff contender, and I personally think the Rams are pretty good. Hell, they already beat SEA. And they always play them tough.

@ KC -2
vs ARI +6.5
@ SF +1.5 (Thanksgiving Night)
@ PHI -2
vs SF -4.5
@ ARI -3
vs STL -7.5

4-3 is the likeliest outcome, but even that would be tough. There's a real chance they miss the playoffs if they lose this week. This is a big game.

- Ko Simpson
Old 11-12-2014, 01:25 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Oakland finally steal a game? A meaningful one at the least of preventing a winless season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:29 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good games this week. I am most excited for BUF-MIA, SEA-KC, DET-ARI, PHI-GB, NE-IND, and, of course, SF-NYG. All have serious playoff implications and all should be close games. Even the rest of the games this week should be close as all of the teams are pretty evenly matched.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Lions win this week, they have a pretty clear path to a first round bye. 8-2 with two games against Chicago and one each at home against Minnesota and Tampa puts them on the path for at least 12-4. I don't necessarily expect them to beat Green Bay or New England on the road, but they don't have to at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers get a chance to bounce back on national tv again
Old 11-12-2014, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun Hill getting the start this week. #lookoutNFL

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we tame the great Mallett?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Can we tame the great Mallett?
I really hope we don't come out flat... This game has a chance to be insanely loud and full of energy.

I'm so glad I invested in Browns season tickets this year and Cavs half season tickets before LeBron came back, fun times in CLE

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Shaun Hill getting the start this week. #lookoutNFL
Fisher is just trying to save his job with a move like that. It'd be better for the Rams as a whole to keep Davis in and getting more experience. Hill is a lower ceiling-higher floor move so they might not look as bad.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If the Lions win this week, they have a pretty clear path to a first round bye. 8-2 with two games against Chicago and one each at home against Minnesota and Tampa puts them on the path for at least 12-4. I don't necessarily expect them to beat Green Bay or New England on the road, but they don't have to at this point.
Very possible that you guys go into week 17 at 12-3/11-4 and we're at 11-4/10-5. If we won, the tie-break for 1st could get quite interesting.

Head-to-head would be 1-1. Assuming we win @ Minnesota then you guys win @/vs Chicago and vs Minnesota, both teams have a 5-1 division record. So it could easily go down record in common games (Packers currently 3-1 in non-divison common games, Lions are 4-2)

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 11-12-2014 at 12:38 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Very possible that you guys go into week 17 at 12-3/11-4 and we're at 11-4/10-5. If we won, the tie-break for 1st could get quite interesting.

Head-to-head would be 1-1. Assuming we win @ Minnesota then you guys win @/vs Chicago and vs Minnesota, both teams have a 5-1 division record. So it could easily go down record in common games (Packers currently 3-1 in non-divison common games, Lions are 4-2)
I look forward to the war, son.

And I see NBC decided not to flex NE/Detroit into next Sunday's game so that we can see the Giants/Cowboys in another NFC East suckfest.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC East games are always the most watched. Especially if it involves the Cowboys. And that's what the network cares about.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Peyton Manning wins a second ring, he should (and probably will) be considered the best quarterback ever. But that last sentence starts with a mighty big "If".

I'll be watching tonight's game at a bar (since I don't have NFL Network). When people saw it on the schedule, many of them were probably thinking that NFLN was stuck with a meaningless crapfest. Instead, the winner will be 6-4 with a good shot at a wildcard (but I don't think the loser -- a 5-5 Buffalo or a 5-5 Miami -- will make the playoffs).
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
If Peyton Manning wins a second ring, he should (and probably will) be considered the best quarterback ever. But that last sentence starts with a mighty big "If".

I'll be watching tonight's game at a bar (since I don't have NFL Network). When people saw it on the schedule, many of them were probably thinking that NFLN was stuck with a meaningless crapfest. Instead, the winner will be 6-4 with a good shot at a wildcard (but I don't think the loser -- a 5-5 Buffalo or a 5-5 Miami -- will make the playoffs).
If Manning wins another ring he still might not be considered the best quarterback of his generation. The thing he'd have going for him is that he did it with another team, but there will always be the folks that will point out his massive failures in the playoffs where he and his team were favorites more often than not. Plus...you can't beat Joe :)

Quote:
Old 11-13-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
And I see NBC decided not to flex NE/Detroit into next Sunday's game so that we can see the Giants/Cowboys in another NFC East suckfest.
Now that is ******* stupid. Unless FOX is protecting the game.

Quote: