Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Ehhh...well I'm going disagree about Young doing fine. Honestly I thought he was terrible. And please don't bring up his fraudulent win-loss record and QB rating. Reid might make him a better player. So there is that hope.
You thought VY was terrible last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
November 27th, Bucs vs Titans... LeGarrette Blount vs Barrett Ruud ... It might look little something like this...

Hmmm, is it better to be run over (Ruud) or not being in position to make the tackle to begin with (Tulloch)? Either way...bleh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Your point?

I saw em with him and without him. Didn't see a single thing that has led me to believe VY can be the head of a franchise.
What's your own point? First you say VY isn't saving the Eagles if Vick goes down, and now it's that he can't be the head of a franchise. The latter is irrelevant as he's the backup - no one is looking for him to lead the franchise while Vick is there. So the discussion is whether VY can perform the duties of a backup QB, which is to keep the team competitive if the starting QB goes down, which you refuted in your former statement.

VY actually beat the Cowboys and Giants last year (as well as the Eagles, but that doesn't really matter now that he's there), but was re-injured against the Skins in a loss. This was as the Titans's QB. Now he's on a better team, with a better receiving corps to throw to and a defense that acquired Nnamdi Asomugha, Jim Washburn, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Cullen Jenkins, and Jason Babin in the offseason. I don't see why he can't keep that team competitive when he had the Titans at 5-3 with the #1 scoring offense in the AFC South (I'm fairly certain it was #3 in the league at one point, and probably at least Top 10) before his injury around Week 8 or 9, and was 2-1 against the other teams in the NFC East while QB'ing an inferior team.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
What are you talking about? They've owned the offseason. Just look at who they've signed...

QB - Alex Smith
C - Tony Wragge
FB - Jack Corcoran
DE - Ray McDonald
ILB - Larry Grant
K - David Akers

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
Jim Harbaugh just wants to make sure Pete Carroll gets no part of Andrew Luck ;)
Old 07-31-2011, 01:29 AM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Jim Harbaugh just wants to make sure Pete Carroll gets no part of Andrew Luck ;)
Pete Carroll is going to Start T-Jax so that should tell you how much Pete Wants Andrew Luck and his Beard.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:41 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is everyone killing what the Bears did this off season?

Big Body WR- Check... Roy Williams/Sam Hurd
Part Time RB- Check... Marion Barber
Back up D linemen- Check... Okoye and Gholston

Didn't spend big money on any of them... Filling out a roster with guys who have played a lot of football. We all should have known this is how they were going to do it. After trading 4/5 picks for Cutler and Adams.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post

Didn't spend big money on any of them... Filling out a roster with guys who have played a lot of football. We all should have known this is how they were going to do it. After trading 4/5 picks for Cutler and Adams.
Because they are failing to address biggest need OL and the players they are signing are pretty much ****.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:48 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Hmmm, is it better to be run over (Ruud) or not being in position to make the tackle to begin with (Tulloch)? Either way...bleh.
YouTube DeAngelo Williams/Jonathan Stuart highlights, and you will see Ruud not being in position to make the tackle :/ ... Is he Tulloch bad? I don't know! Is he bad? **** yes!

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 07-31-2011 at 01:53 AM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
You thought VY was terrible last year?
As far as his passing skills go, I thought he's always been terrible.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post

Cuz other than Okoye...everyone else pretty much blows. Swiss cheese will open up better holes than their o-line.(lame joke...i know...i know)

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:32 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I think he could have been a good 3-4 end.
I think Wade will have JJ Watt and Antonio Smith playing the end positions. Plus, I think they are trying to make up room to sign Vonta Leach because they also ended up dropping Orlovsky as well as Okoye.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least this:

has replaced this:

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Because they are failing to address biggest need OL and the players they are signing are pretty much ****.
Pretty much this. Not even sure why he even listed some of those signings like they were something to get excited about. Hooray Roy Williams is a big bodied WR, that's automatically a win, because like, he's tall and big. Barber used to get alot of TD's once upon a time, and Gholston/Okoye were high draft picks, so that's automatically a win too according to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the Bears signed a lot of crap and traded away Greg Olsen. Congrats.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit have signed MLB Stephen Tulloch.

Tulloch/Levy/Durant are the Lions starters at LB. They are shutdown CB away from being very, very dangerous on D.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plex is a Jet. Sigh.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plaxico is going to the Jets. Raiders re-sign Michael Huff.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Lions' addition of Tulloch. Very strong starter at ILB and already a known quantity having played for Schwartz before. With Michael Huff, I always wondered whether he stepped up his play just to get another big contract, so I'm a little bit worried about that from Oakland's point of view. Plaxico Burress to the Jets is somewhat worrisome but I'd rather face him than Braylon Edwards, who is younger and more explosive. I like Chicago's deal with Amobi Okoye too, he could end up being a good fit in their defense.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, surprising how little Detroit signed Tulloch for - one year, $3.25 million.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Also, Evan Mathis to Eagles is insane. I thought he did a really nice job in 2009 and could be a solid starter.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

The Titans are going to have to hope that Barrett Ruud dramatically improves his level of play in Tennessee. Last year, he appeared to regress significantly. Could be an ugly drop-off from Tulloch.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
FB - Jack Corcoran

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
best signing of the year. You're a lock for winning the West now.
Jack is the mannnnn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Yeah, the Bears signed a lot of crap and traded away Greg Olsen. Congrats.
Who did the Lions sign?

Justin Durant will fill one linebacker spot, but I don't see a starter on the other side. Also, Durant can't stay healthy, so we'll see how that works out.

Eric Wright isn't a starting cornerback, so they've still got major issues there.

Their offensive line still sucks, so they still have major issues there, and they've done nothing to address that. At least the Bears drafted Carimi.

Erik Coleman is a stopgap solution at best.

Sticks and stones....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 07-31-2011 at 09:14 AM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Eric Wright is a capable #2 :\

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's no better than Chris Houston, who he is replacing.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give you that one sir!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really curious as to where James Jones lands. Rodgers wants him back, Cardinals could use him, Vikings took themselves out of it. Could be a big time player.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote