Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
Nick Barnett is in buffalo right now on the practice field talking with coaches
Not surprised. He was scheduled to visit the Lions today. That's no longer an option with Tulloch signing.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Not true at all about Wright. He was very good every year up until this past season. And Ryan's schemes hurt Wright. He was left on an island quite frequently and even with Ryan's blitzes, the Browns still struggled to create pressure. He had a bad year, but Ryan's scheme definitely did not help.
I'm pretty sure he's going on Pro Football Focus metrics.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm pretty sure he's going on Pro Football Focus metrics.
Which obviously suck. I can't believe how many stupid things I have had them tweet at me. They claim Eric Steinbach is the NFL's worst guard. I'm not saying he's elite, but he's definitely above average.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we land Bradshaw as long as it's not too much. Bradshaw could do some good things for Shanny, I mean if Ryan Torrain and Keiland Williams could put up good #'s with our awful line last year Bradshaw would be great. I'd be estatic if our backs were Bradshaw, Torrain, and Helu, Keiland is getting looks at FB so will be interesting to see where he lands. Royster will be on the PS.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets are close to re-signing Cromartie.

Quote:
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not true at all about Wright. He was very good every year up until this past season. And Ryan's schemes hurt Wright. He was left on an island quite frequently and even with Ryan's blitzes, the Browns still struggled to create pressure. He had a bad year, but Ryan's scheme definitely did not help.
Wright's metrics in 2008:

56/86 (65.1%), 677 yards (7.87 YPA), 6 TD, 3 INT, 9 PD, 97.9 rating

Pretty ugly stuff.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Pretty surprised as well. Also, apparently the Skins are going after Ahmad Bradshaw. Interesting.
I heard yesterday that the Raiders were pretty close to re-signing Miller.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Jets are close to re-signing Cromartie.
Inconsistent player but I'm still not thrilled that he's back in New York. Can't say I'm surprised, though.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post

Pretty ugly stuff.
Those metrics are less useful than a post by bce.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-31-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Giants don't get Bradshaw...well then we might be in a bit of trouble. If we lose Bradshaw, I guess we'd go after Ronnie Brown and just go power and power with him and Jacobs...hmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never want to hear "metrics" used in conjunction with football ever again. Deal? This isn't baseball.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Those metrics are less useful than a post by bce.
You're right, what was I thinking in trying to make a point based on objective information? It's a much better idea to base an evaluation off of the handful of plays you remember from three seasons ago.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
If the Giants don't get Bradshaw...well then we might be in a bit of trouble. If we lose Bradshaw, I guess we'd go after Ronnie Brown and just go power and power with him and Jacobs...hmmm
Scotty, no. Ronnie Brown is awful, and the Giants don't need another injury prone back. I'd rather have Ware than Brown at this point in their careers.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Scotty, no. Ronnie Brown is awful, and the Giants don't need another injury prone back. I'd rather have Ware than Brown at this point in their careers.
we'd obviously still have Ware, but I still love Ronnie Brown. I really do. If we lose out on Bradshaw (whom I want back, let's not get that confused), I would be fine with having 4 backs of Ronnie, Jacobs, Ware and Scott and use the money we save to bolster our LB corps or try and pry Zach Miller away from the Raiders by throwing cash at him
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather just give carries to that rookie from Maryland. If we don't re-sign Bradshaw, I don't want to sign anyone.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
we'd obviously still have Ware, but I still love Ronnie Brown. I really do. If we lose out on Bradshaw (whom I want back, let's not get that confused), I would be fine with having 4 backs of Ronnie, Jacobs, Ware and Scott and use the money we save to bolster our LB corps or try and pry Zach Miller away from the Raiders by throwing cash at him
I find it hard to imagine Ronnie Brown being worth too much to a team moving forwards. He'll turn 30 this year, has a history of getting injured, and his production really fell last year even though Miami actually had some pretty good offensive linemen. History is not on this guy's side.
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Pretty ugly stuff.
Where did you get those? Can I get a direct link? I spent like 20 minutes last night on Pro Football Focus and couldn't find their grading charts except for within their articles about the Top 101 players from 2010.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand that, I am just saying on depth chart Ware would be ahead of Brown. Let's just hope Bradshaw comes back so we don't have to worry about it, and it seems he is leaning on returning.

I love Miller too, but the Giants' offense really does not need a TE. Kildrive hardly utilizes them. You could say that's because of Boss, but it was the same thing when Shockey was here and still kind of in his prime. The Giants aren't going throw the house at a TE which is why Boss may be gone if he asks for too much.

But don't me wrong, Miller would be a perfect way to counteract the scrabble signing by the Eagles. Their LBs suck, and their safeties are mediocre; Miller would simply punish them. I just wish Gilbride didn't run such a ******** offense.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 07-31-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Where did you get those? Can I get a direct link? I spent like 20 minutes last night on Pro Football Focus and couldn't find their grading charts except for within their articles about the Top 101 players from 2010.
They're in the "premium stats" section. You need to have a subscription to log in.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

my thing with Ronnie is he'd come cheap. And for the Giants, it'd be purely taking a flyer on him. He'd be cheap and a veteran guy who could be good for just a few carries a game. I just wouldn't be comfortable going into the season with Jacobs, Ware and Scott as our RB's. Maybe this is just my man crush on Ronnie Brown coming out, but I'm still a fan and supporter of his and think that he could quite possibly turn it around in a limited role on the giants
Quote:
Old 07-31-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They're in the "premium stats" section. You need to have a subscription to log in.
I gotta pay? Well, crap.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
my thing with Ronnie is he'd come cheap. And for the Giants, it'd be purely taking a flyer on him. He'd be cheap and a veteran guy who could be good for just a few carries a game. I just wouldn't be comfortable going into the season with Jacobs, Ware and Scott as our RB's. Maybe this is just my man crush on Ronnie Brown coming out, but I'm still a fan and supporter of his and think that he could quite possibly turn it around in a limited role on the giants
I see where you're coming from. I just feel the Giants have better options to take a flier on if Bradshaw is gone. For example, Jerome Harrison from Eagles (Idk if he re-signed) or even Ricky Williams in my opinion is a better option right now than Brown. Maybe it's because I live in Miami, but I have seen enough of Brown to just not want him on my favorite team.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

JUST LOOK AT THAT SEXY VISOR.
idk, I know I'm in the minority here, but I want him. Again, I'd much prefer Bradshaw just staying. he needs to stop ******* around and just sign back here already
Quote:
Old 07-31-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Your point?

I saw em with him and without him. Didn't see a single thing that has led me to believe VY can be the head of a franchise.
We can argue about VY all day (I personally believe he can indeed be a fairly good starter in this league, but to say Djck and Maclin will lose production is erroneous as they have proven they can be productive with any QB (McNabb, Kolb, Vick)

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
We can argue about VY all day (I personally believe he can indeed be a fairly good starter in this league, but to say Djck and Maclin will lose production is erroneous as they have proven they can be productive with any QB (McNabb, Kolb, Vick)
They would struggle in the sense that VY isnt a good deep ball passer. Desean is one of the, if not the best deep ball receiver in the league and Maclin is very good as well due to his speed. But these guys have no problem catching short to intermediate passes either, so idk why people dont think that VY couldnt come in for a game or 2 span and be successful.

If he was our starting QB for the entire season however? I would be worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote