Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that guy has been trolling all offseason. Dont feed the troll

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're overrating FAs in general this year bc we've been so football deprived.

There are only a handfull of dominant FAs available. I personally like signing bargain mid level guys in FA and build talent through the draft.

The Eagles have obviously dunked all over FA though and landed some quality guys, but honestly, out of all their signings, the only great one in my eyes was Nmandi.

Babin doesn't scare me at all, Jenkins is good but I don't trust his health and he's not really that great of a pass rushing force to begin with, and DRC is overrated as a #2 CB (a great nickel though if they keep Asante).

Nmandi was really the big signing for them. The rest were good, but meh at the same time.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The top three RBs from the 2005 draft - Brown, Benson and Cadillac - remain unsigned free agents.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think we're overrating FAs in general this year bc we've been so football deprived.

There are only a handfull of dominant FAs available. I personally like signing bargain mid level guys in FA and build talent through the draft.

The Eagles have obviously dunked all over FA though and landed some quality guys, but honestly, out of all their signings, the only great one in my eyes was Nmandi.

Babin doesn't scare me at all, Jenkins is good but I don't trust his health and he's not really that great of a pass rushing force to begin with, and DRC is overrated as a #2 CB (a great nickel though if they keep Asante).

Nmandi was really the big signing for them. The rest were good, but meh at the same time.
They are still the team that went to the Wildcard last year. By replacing Patterson with Nnamdi and Ellis Hobbs with DRC they have taken a position of bad weakness into one of the best in the League. That makes a huge difference.

Last edited by asdf1223 : 07-31-2011 at 03:02 PM.
asdf1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Babin will be sticking with Jim Washburn remember, who completely revitalized his career in Tennessee.

Also, DRC is super athletic and could continue to develop in Philly where Nnamdi will be facing the opposing team's #1s.

They've far and away had the best free agency so far. Very rarely does the team who wins the offseason win the regular season too, but the Eagles just might. The core of their team is still in tact once they get Desean happy, and they've only gotten better otherwise with their moves.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
They are still the team that went to the Wildcard last year. By replacing Patterson with Nnamdi and Ellis Hobbs with DRC they have taken a position of bad weakness into one of the best in the League. That makes a huge difference.
Absolutely. I won't deny that the Eagles and Packers are the 2 favorites out of the NFC right now.

They clearly upgraded their talent. I just think the real impact player out of the bunch is Nmandi, with DRC to a lesser extent.

The rest are kind of meh to me. Good signings, but they don't scare me.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And replaced their defensive coordinator with their offensive line coach.

And did little to fix an offensive line that gave up 50 sacks last year.

Who's their starting LBers again?

I could go on but the point is yes they did add alot of talent to their defense but it still remains to be seen how and if it all works out for them. There have been plenty of teams in the past that loaded up and "won" free agency only to have a let down during the season.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tulloch will be a good signing for the Lions. He's the kind of guy that'll take the initiative and be a leader of a D. He'll get people lined up right, make on field adjustments, and be a consummate teammate. He's a pretty solid player, you just gotta know that he's got his limitations. He's short and compact, but he's got stumpy little arms...so while he'll play the run, he'll miss some tackles. His biggest drawback is he doesn't change directions or work well in space so he's pretty bad in pass coverage. That's what killed us this year w/ him. I think he'll be a rock in the middle for them though, probably an upgrade over whoever their MLB was last year.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
The top three RBs from the 2005 draft - Brown, Benson and Cadillac - remain unsigned free agents.
Cool stat. All 3 have had decent production as well. There's just no market for RBs.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post

I could go on but the point is yes they did add alot of talent to their defense but it still remains to be seen how and if it all works out for them. There have been plenty of teams in the past that loaded up and "won" free agency only to have a let down during the season.
McDermott was awful. He was trying to replicate what Jim Johnson used to be able to do but just didn't have the personnel to make it work. Their linebackers are their biggest question mark, but it's the least important area in a 4-3 defense. If they can get a couple solid tacklers behind their pretty good d-line and in front of their pretty good secondary, they'll be alright.

As for the o-line, blocking for Vick brings some unusuall challenges and I think they'll improve headed into this year. They're really better off than a lot of teams in this regard.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

I think this is the most overlooked aspect of the Eagles. Their lack of a true DC and their very suspect oline.

They have no C, a rookie RG, and no RT.

And a fragile qb behind that. While their defense has significantly improved talent wise, you still need good coordination to be a great defense. And that oline is very shaky.

Also they still haven't gotten a short yardage rb.

I wouldn't pencil them into the SB just yet. I'm not saying they aren't one of the favorites, bc they clearly are, but it's not a foregone conclusion just yet.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Cool stat. All 3 have had decent production as well. There's just no market for RBs.
A part of me wants Cadillac (if we can't get Snelling back and he's cheap). Because correct me if I'm wrong, but he's a very good pass blocker and good at running out of the gun, right?

And the Falcons bring back Blalock. Let's hope Thomas kept this one super cheap too.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Jones resigned a 3 year deal with the Packers.

Jordyzzz/Jennings/Jones/Driver/Cobb/ Finley for Rodgers :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

They just hired arguably the best DL coach in the league, a guy who has turned nobodies into above average defensive players.

They also drafted the most pro ready OL in the draft.

LBs weakness sure, but they'll play up behind that DL.

And the huge difference between the eagles and other teams winning the offseason has been that the Eagles are inherently a very good team unlike say the Redskins of the past.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
A part of me wants Cadillac (if we can't get Snelling back and he's cheap). Because correct me if I'm wrong, but he's a very good pass blocker and good at running out of the gun, right?
Yes and yes, but don't rely on him to do anything else. ha

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 07-31-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They just hired arguably the best DL coach in the league, a guy who has turned nobodies into above average defensive players.

They also drafted the most pro ready OL in the draft.

LBs weakness sure, but they'll play up behind that DL.

And the huge difference between the eagles and other teams winning the offseason has been that the Eagles are inherently a very good team unlike say the Redskins of the past.
The most OL ready in the draft? You mean that guy who still hasn't signed. Remember when Robert Gallery was the most ready OL? That means little until they take the field. Who plays center? Right tackle?

Its not just the Redskins either, everyone knows a team has to get hot and make a run at the end of the season. Just look at my Packers, barely get in and had 5 elimination games just to reach the Superbowl. The Eagles are a very good team but I don't view anyone as favorites, just contenders, because of that 'get-hot' factor.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Yes and yes, but don't rely on him to do anything else. ha
Well I know that, haha. But he'd be our number #3. I imagine we will end up bringing back Snelling though. Very useful player.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers are trying to get Olin Kreutz.

Any feedback on the guy, Bears fans?
Old 07-31-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is Back!!!!!!!!!!!

David Carr has signed with the Giants. Take that Eagles we got 3 qb's lol
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post

Good luck!
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post

He's 34 years old, has been on the decline for years, and somehow manages to draw false start penalties at the center position.

I was a bit saddened to learn that he left, since he's started more games for the Bears than anyone but Walter Payton (184 to 183), but as a player he's done.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

6 year deal for Blalock apparently. Keep it cheap Dimitroff, keep it cheap.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
He is Back!!!!!!!!!!!

David Carr has signed with the Giants. Take that Eagles we got 3 qb's lol
I'm way too happy about this. way moreso than I should be
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
There's no way he completed that pass.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 07-31-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
He's 34 years old, has been on the decline for years, and somehow manages to draw false start penalties at the center position.

I was a bit saddened to learn that he left, since he's started more games for the Bears than anyone but Walter Payton (184 to 183), but as a player he's done.
This made me lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote