Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots gave LB Channing Crowder a physical yesterday. No word on whether or not they'll offer him a contract. Seems strange considering he is an inside linebacker, and New England is particularly deep there (Mayo, Spikes, Guyton, Fletcher.) If they move to a 4-3, maybe he projects as a strongside linebacker?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Maybe some players are just not as greedy as people think.
I'm paraphrasing but in an interview at camp with former Steelers punter Josh Miller, Woodley said...

Quote:
If I stop playing football tomorrow, and I can't live the rest of my life off $10 Million, there's something wrong with me.
Refreshing thought.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
That is tragic if true.

Miller is worlds better than Lewis.
Okay, you're the one who made the positive statement. Lewis was Profootballfocus' 2nd ranked TE last year. Prove to me how Miller is worlds better than Lewis.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
The Patriots gave LB Channing Crowder a physical yesterday. No word on whether or not they'll offer him a contract. Seems strange considering he is an inside linebacker, and New England is particularly deep there (Mayo, Spikes, Guyton, Fletcher.) If they move to a 4-3, maybe he projects as a strongside linebacker?
I would be upset. Crowder is funny to point and laugh at because of the Europe stuff and the "HE SPIT IN MY FACE" crap, but I just don't see the value he brings to the team as a player or in the locker room.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Okay, you're the one who made the positive statement. Lewis was Profootballfocus' 2nd ranked TE last year. Prove to me how Miller is worlds better than Lewis.
lewis is a nice redzone target, but i think hes kind of a phony. based on last years TDs he looks great but he disappears other than that. i would consider him easily replaceable and upgradable. i think he pulled a fast one on the jags last year and got them to spend the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders replace Zach Miller with Kevin Boss
Old 08-05-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow! Look at Braylon Edwards' deal with the 49ers...

Quote:
@MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

49ers' deal for WR Braylon Edwards is $1M base w/no guaranteed money. He only gets full $3.5M if he catches 90 passes and makes Pro Bowl.
Paraag Marathe is a genius.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders will experience a significant downgrade moving from Miller to Boss but considering the circumstances it's an understandable signing. Unfortunately for them, Kevin Boss was one of the least efficient tight ends in terms of percentage of passes caught, which means he'll fit right in with other Raiders targets. Heyward-Bey, Murphy, and Ford were all in the bottom five of WRs last season in terms of percentage caught. Very risky offense they have there.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 years 16 million for Boss.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really is.. our receivers aren't the blocking type either so..yeah.

If anything we can possibly be a really good running team but our pass offense this year will be like anywhere from 20-32.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Wow! Look at Braylon Edwards' deal with the 49ers...

Paraag Marathe is a genius.
Wow, surprised at the lack of interest in Braylon. The Jets look pretty dumb for now for paying Plaxico more than Edwards. However, I think in a year they'll look better, because I don't see Edwards being a great fit in San Francisco. I don't like how he fits into that organization. I'm not sure I'd want to introduce him to Michael Crabtree, and Alex Smith's arm and overall mentality do not mesh well with Braylon's deep-ball ability. If I'm the 49ers, I don't want to bring in divas for Harbaugh's first season.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
4 years 16 million for Boss.
He will be missed...
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Raiders will experience a significant downgrade moving from Miller to Boss but considering the circumstances it's an understandable signing. Unfortunately for them, Kevin Boss was one of the least efficient tight ends in terms of percentage of passes caught, which means he'll fit right in with other Raiders targets. Heyward-Bey, Murphy, and Ford were all in the bottom five of WRs last season in terms of percentage caught. Very risky offense they have there.
Percentage of passes caught? Thats a crap stat. By no means is Boss greater than Miller but that stat is pretty useless when Miller was a #1 or 2 target on his team and Boss was 3-5. Not many plays are designed through Boss, normally when the ball was coming his way it was because the **** was about to hit the fan and the play was breaking down. Rarely is he the first or second read.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, it's ok. More Bear Pascoe can't be a bad thing.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
That's ******.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Percentage of passes caught? Thats a crap stat. By no means is Boss greater than Miller but that stat is pretty useless when Miller was a #1 or 2 target on his team and Boss was 3-5. Not many plays are designed through Boss, normally when the ball was coming his way it was because the **** was about to hit the fan and the play was breaking down. Rarely is he the first or second read.
Boss also dropped the second-most passes of any tight end (11 on 66 targets.) Only Brandon Pettigrew (12) dropped more passes, but he was thrown 103 passes, significantly more than Boss.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Eh, it's ok. More Bear Pascoe can't be a bad thing.

Probably use Travis Beckum now and see what he has.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

The Patriots have signed former Bears DE Mark Anderson and released DL Marlon Favorite. Anderson has great size (6'4", 255) and was an effective pass rusher in 2006 (12.5 sacks), but ever since has been a disappointment. I see him as a candidate to replace Tully Banta-Cain as a situational pass rusher.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Re. Boss: for comparison, Zach Miller dropped five passes out of his 89 targets.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not sure I'd want to introduce him to Michael Crabtree,
Crabtree is an enigmatic loaner. He won't be best friends with Braylon and out partying, that's for sure.

Quote:
Alex Smith's arm and overall mentality do not mesh well with Braylon's deep-ball ability.
This is confusing. Smith has a great deep ball. He and Antonio Bryant looked fantastic in Norv's system. Unfortunately the deep ball has been removed from recent OC's gameplans. Smith doesn't have a strong arm, but it doesn't effect his deep ball.

The "diva" perception is legitimate, but Braylon wants paid. He'll be on his best behavior. If not...
Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
G-Men88
Rookie

G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Boss also dropped the second-most passes of any tight end (11 on 66 targets.) Only Brandon Pettigrew (12) dropped more passes, but he was thrown 103 passes, significantly more than Boss.
This is why you need to actually watch the games and not rely on your stats. Most of Boss' "drops" were extremely difficult plays when the pass rush was just about collapsing on Eli. Just because the ball hits his hands your stats consider it a drop but in reality they would have been exceptional plays. He also had quite a few of those as well but that doesnt show up in your stats now does it.
G-Men88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

boss also gets hung out to dry by eli a ton, drops are common when your being buried into the ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
G-Men88
Rookie

G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.

Boss will be missed but we were not going to pay that amount of money for a TE when its not an integral part of our offense. He got the same guaranteed money as Bradshaw did. The Organization also has a lot of faith in Travis Beckum to step into that role this year. Thanks Kevin it was a great run, will never forget that superbowl catch. Dont die in Oakland like Gibril Wilson.
G-Men88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Patriots have signed former Bears DE Mark Anderson and released DL Marlon Favorite. Anderson has great size (6'4", 255) and was an effective pass rusher in 2006 (12.5 sacks), but ever since has been a disappointment. I see him as a candidate to replace Tully Banta-Cain as a situational pass rusher.
Been a long time since he's been good, but I've always been a fan of his physical tools. Not a bad guy to bring in and see if he makes the roster.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men88 View Post
Boss will be missed but we were not going to pay that amount of money for a TE when its not an integral part of our offense. He got the same guaranteed money as Bradshaw did. The Organization also has a lot of faith in Travis Beckum to step into that role this year. Thanks Kevin it was a great run, will never forget that superbowl catch. Dont die in Oakland like Gibril Wilson.
Just remember that in Eagles-Giants games, it's often the TE that does the most damage to the Eagles defense.

Without a good TE, Eli won't be able to throw effectively against the Eagles. *Especially* now that they have even upgraded their cornerbacks.

Better hope that Jacobs/Bradshaw can single-handedly win you those games.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote