Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping the Raiders could get Floyd, but with Schilens hopefully being healthy for a full year, we might have not needed him

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shield your eyes, it's the top 30 free agents remaining according to ESPN!

1. OT Jared Gaither (84)

2. DE Shaun Ellis (81)

3. LB Lofa Tatupu

4. WR Steve Smith (80)

5. DE Matt Roth (79)

6. FS Dashon Goldson (78)

7. LB Ben Leber (76)

8. OT Sean Locklear

9. DT Pat Williams

10. LB Stephen Cooper (75)

11. SS Deon Grant

12. LB Kirk Morrison

13. WR Terrell Owens

14. RB Jason Snelling

15. RB Jerome Harrison (74)

16. DE Stylez G. White

17. RB Ricky Williams

18. LB Julian Peterson (73)

19. DT Jamal Williams

20. WR Mark Clayton (72)

21. WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh

22. DE Trevor Pryce

23. RB Brian Westbrook

24. LB Keith Bulluck (71)

25. SS Chinedum Ndukwe

26. SS Roy Williams

27. RB Tiki Barber (70)

28. LB Andre Carter (69)

29. LB Dhani Jones

30. FS Darren Sharper
Old 08-05-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does the number next to some of them mean?

If it weren't for injuries, Gaither would have been snapped up by now for sure. Some team might need to give him an incentive laden deal while he 'redshirts' for a year to get healthy. Could end up with one hell of a LT in the future.

And I'll still take Tatupu as a 3rd linebacker on the Bears, gladly.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
What does the number next to some of them mean?

If it weren't for injuries, Gaither would have been snapped up by now for sure. Some team might need to give him an incentive laden deal while he 'redshirts' for a year to get healthy. Could end up with one hell of a LT in the future.

And I'll still take Tatupu as a 3rd linebacker on the Bears, gladly.
The numbers are their grades, and players of the same grade are listed alphabetically. Personally, I found the grades to be pretty terrible (for example, Brett Favre would have been in the top five had I not removed retired players), but it goes to show you just how little talent is out there. Everyone on that list is old, hurt, or can barely help a team at this point. I consider Matt Roth to be the top free agent available for that reason.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ellis can still do some damage. The Pats should take him just so he can't go back to the Jets.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest, I'd sign Gaither right now and let him get healthy. As long as it his injury isn't serious, you have a 25 year old LT who can start for years.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ellis can still do some damage. The Pats should take him just so he can't go back to the Jets.
I agree that he has a little something left in the tank, but I wouldn't consider his addition more than a one-year rental. The list of free agents that are actually reasonable long-term investments is pretty much empty at this point.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
To be honest, I'd sign Gaither right now and let him get healthy. As long as it his injury isn't serious, you have a 25 year old LT who can start for years.
So would I. Sign him to something like a 3 year deal, high in incentives, but he can be cut after the first year with no penalty if he can't get healthy. Then, I'd sit him all of this year and see if he was ready by next year.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So would I. Sign him to something like a 3 year deal, high in incentives, but he can be cut after the first year with no penalty if he can't get healthy. Then, I'd sit him all of this year and see if he was ready by next year.
At this point it seems like his injury is pretty serious - it sidelined him for all of last year and was a dealbreaker on the Oakland physical. On top of that, Gaither is considered a soft, lazy player with terrible practice habits. He played well for the Ravens in 2009, then Oher struggled to handle the blind side (irony!), and yet the Ravens still showed no interest in bringing him back.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'd still take the gamble. The first year can be a veteran minimum salary, and you can keep him on the PUP list then move him to IR so he wouldn't count against your roster. At worst, it's a one year cheap gamble.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Who was it that had a sig saying that Ricky Sapp was awful a few years back? Some Pats fan iirc...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-ricky-sapp/

Well that person can now gloat a bit.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seymour and Routt restructured there contract so Oakland is no longer in salary cap danger.

Boss is a downgrade from Miller catching wise but Boss is a better run blocker which Oakland will benift from.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who was it that had a sig saying that Ricky Sapp was awful a few years back? Some Pats fan iirc...

I was on the Ricky Sapp sucks thing. I don't recall if I had it in my signature or not though, might have been someone else. Some people were extremely high on the guy and had him projected in the first round days before the draft. Still has some talent, but I'm pretty convinced he's just not good enough at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans have inquired about free agent receiver Jerricho Cotchery, who was released by the Jets on Thursday.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Sapp's football commitment is a serious flag.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Gaither will be in silver and black eventually. We came to an agreement on a contract but he couldnt pass his physical. I think we are going to give him time to heal and hopefully sign him early into the season

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 08-05-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it his back thats holding it up? Because apparently the Ravens doctors didnt even think he was injured
Old 08-05-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Is it his back thats holding it up? Because apparently the Ravens doctors didnt even think he was injured
That was more fans hyping up the "Gaither doesn't want to play RT so he doesn't want to play at all" sentiment than anything based on fact that started when he wasn't practicing in training camp last year. If he failed his physical it's obvious that there's something wrong.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea IDK what to feel about Gaither. The media had it out for him the minute we drafted Oher. I honestly feel for him. Maybe he isnt the perfect teammate but he didnt deserve to be attacked for missing a worthless OTA for his Toe. The media needs to remember Ogdens career ended cause of his toe so its good to keep an eye out on it.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

It is still kind of up in the air about why Gaither didn't pass his physical. Most likely because his back still isn't 100%, and also could be he just hasn't been able to get in shape yet because of his back.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 08-05-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

well he lost 30 pounds to have less weight on his foot last training camp at baltimore. So he maybe th first player in NFL history who showed his lack of work ethic by coming in under weight. Drew Rosenhaus knows what he is doing and no one in their right mind would think sitting out a season with a bad back will get you a big time deal. I really believe Gaither had a legit back injury
Old 08-05-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes !!! We re-signed Tim Crowder :)

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I didn't have in my sig nor am I a Pats fan, but I did laugh every pre-season when Ricky Sapp was inserted into first round mocks because this would finally be the breakout season for him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked his value in the 5th, but the dude just had no place in a 4-3 defense. Couldn't get off a block to save his life and was awful in coverage when we tried him at SAM.
That's not to say he would be worth a **** in a 3-4, but I like his chances a little better there.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I forgot Steve Smith is out there..that would be sick if he came back to the west coast.

Shaun Ellis when healthy can still be a force but another risk. I think Lamarr Houston has potential to be that guy in a few years, itd be nice to have him.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote