Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khorn View Post
Are you calling Singletary a racist? Those were his quotes.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gore has had to deal with eight man fronts on a terrible team since what, forever? The fact that he put up the numbers he did under terrible circumstances year after year shows how good a player he is and the potential he has if he were actually on a better team. Seriously, he's like the new millennium's Corey Dillon in terms of consistently playing for a terrible team yet putting up good numbers. I wouldn't call him a Hall of Fame back (who knows he might be if he was on a better team), but he's a very good player and still one of the best halfbacks in the NFL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 08-30-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
khorn
Rookie

khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you calling Singletary a racist? Those were his quotes.
First off, it was a joke. Secondly, i'm pretty sure Singletary didn't spell it like that.
khorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Gore has had to deal with eight man fronts on a terrible team since what, forever? The fact that he put up the numbers he did under terrible circumstances year after year shows how good a player he is and the potential he has if he were actually on a better team. Seriously, he's like the new millennium's Corey Dillon in terms of consistently playing for a terrible team yet putting up good numbers. I wouldn't call him a Hall of Fame back (who knows he might be if he was on a better team), but he's a very good player and still one of the best halfbacks in the NFL.
Expect for the Fact that Dillion had to play with some of worst footballers at the time. Bengals basically took players that nobody in the league wanted. 49ers have and had a lot more talent then Dillion had anywhere near him. Give me any recent 49ers team to any of those Bungle teams Dillion was on

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khorn View Post
First off, it was a joke. Secondly, i'm pretty sure Singletary didn't spell it like that.
http://www.examiner.com/san-francisc...ical-with-an-f

Quote:
Singletary said that this team will be "physical with an 'F'"
Old 08-31-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Expect for the Fact that Dillion had to play with some of worst footballers at the time. Bengals basically took players that nobody in the league wanted. 49ers have and had a lot more talent then Dillion had anywhere near him. Give me any recent 49ers team to any of those Bungle teams Dillion was on
In any case, the point still stands. The 49ers have been a bad team in one of the worst divisions in football since Gore has been there, yet he still puts up good numbers. Perhaps the 49ers since Gore has been here aren't as bad as some of the teams Dillon has been on, but that isn't that point and never was of my last reply. I wasn't comparing both of them. The bottom line is that both franchises have/were terrible for a long period of time, yet Gore, like Dillon did, still produces well despite the terrible circumstances. And it also stands that Gore, like Dillon, would shine a lot more if he was on a better team.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 08-31-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Former Patriots safety James Sanders and the Atlanta Falcons reached agreement tonight on a one-year deal.

Via Adam

Sweet. Some nice depth back there, and might be able to challenge for a starting spot a few weeks into the season, just like Foxworth did a couple years back when we acquired him at about this time. If not, very nice depth. Happy.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From CJ2K Twitter...
Quote:
Can these fake Titan fans **** on my timeline I don't have a regular job so don't compare me to you and I can care less if u think I'm greedy

...lol....

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
From CJ2K Twitter...

...lol....
So....he cares then? Because he said he CAN care less, so conceivably...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals give Andrew Whitworth 2 yr extension which locks him up till 2015.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the chances Steve Slaton gets cuts? A beat writer says we might have a bit of interest.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams sign Mark Clayton. This must mean that both Pettis and Salas could be cut.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So....he cares then? Because he said he CAN care less, so conceivably...
I've always hated when people say "I could care less." It's supposed to be "I couldn't care less." Thank God Chris Johnson is playing football and not teaching our children English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Whitworth resigns through 2015. Good move.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice. Falcons signed Kelvin Hayden. If I'm not mistaken, he's pretty good, just can't stay healthy. Definitely a nice pickup for us, and should be a huge plus for us as the nickle corner.

Sanders and Hayden. Good stuff Dimitroff.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Rams sign Mark Clayton. This must mean that both Pettis and Salas could be cut.
Nope. Most likely doesn't look good for Danario Alexander. After 5 surgeries on his knee it is what it is.

At least Greg Salas has shown something as a player so look for the Rams to keep him. At this point I hope they put Pettis on the PS where he belongs....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-taylor-mays/

Make that a 2013 7th rounder for Mays, a 2010 2nd rounder.

I truly wonder what the hell we offered that the 49ers turned down...maybe they were just pissy over the whole tampering thing still.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry but that's just a ******** move by SF. Unless he was a locker room cancer or did something off the field that we don't know about you don't just hand over a 2nd round pick that quickly, no matter how you feel about Mays.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-taylor-mays/

Make that a 2013 7th rounder for Mays, a 2010 2nd rounder.

I truly wonder what the hell we offered that the 49ers turned down...maybe they were just pissy over the whole tampering thing still.
Report I believe is that that the teams backed out of trade talks before an official offer.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm sorry but that's just a ******** move by SF. Unless he was a locker room cancer or did something off the field that we don't know about you don't just hand over a 2nd round pick that quickly, no matter how you feel about Mays.
It was either get a draft pick or get nothing. He was going to be cut. He was 7th on the safety depth chart.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
It was either get a draft pick or get nothing. He was going to be cut. He was 7th on the safety depth chart.
Yea but SF gave up a 2nd rounder along with Mays

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a solid ROI for San Francisco.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If my math is correct than a 2013 7th rounder roughly equals a 24th rounder in 2012.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Yea but SF gave up a 2nd rounder along with Mays
No they didn't.

Mays was the 2010 2nd rounder they gave up.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Nobody will disagree with you on the fact that the whole situation was a mess and a complete waste of a 2nd rounder. As for why they gave up on him so quickly..regime change. He was a Singletary pick and Sing is gone. He was actually seen arguing on the 49ers cam during the draft with our VP of Player Personnel (now GM). Also, many of our new coaches are from Stanford and have faced USC many times...they presumably don't have a high opinion of Mays either. Combine that with the fact that he was a 3rd string SS on the depth chart and there you go.

Honestly, the whole situation just annoys me. Terrance Cody, Ben Tate, Morgan Burnett, and Colt McCoy all would have been much better picks. I have no ill feelings towards Mays though, he gave it his best whenever he was here.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote