Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Jesus christ listening to Jamie Dukes any longer on NFL Network is going to make me destroy my living room. ****. How do these guys get jobs again? He literally have no clue who any player is, ever. Anytime he opens his mouth he either needs the host of the show to fill in what player he's trying to talk about, or just gets it completely wrong and they correct him later.

I mean, this is NFL Network after all. Warren Sapp is just as bad but at least he gives it some character, I don't even take him serious. I'm talking about general fantasy football knowledge that's not that hard.

If he needs the host, to adlib for him who Mikel LeShoure and Titus Young are, as well as their names, what is his job again? I actually tried to listen to him talk for 5 minutes straight and he made my head hurt. This can't be the best they can do.
Jamie Dukes was swinging his **** around today proclaiming "Remember when everyone laughed at me when I said Michael Vick would be a good player in this league again?"

Apparently this forgives all his other terrible evaluations.

NFL Network used to be gold with it's analysts. Back in the day with Terrell Davis, Lincoln Kennedy, and Rod Woodson. All of those guys were great.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lary-re-signs/

The Chargers have signed Takeo Spikes
Ahhh WTF!!! Bowman better bring his A game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Jamie Dukes was swinging his **** around today proclaiming "Remember when everyone laughed at me when I said Michael Vick would be a good player in this league again?"

Apparently this forgives all his other terrible evaluations.

NFL Network used to be gold with it's analysts. Back in the day with Terrell Davis, Lincoln Kennedy, and Rod Woodson. All of those guys were great.
Rich Eisen Rod Woodson and TD where always my fave trio lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
RT @LeCharlesBent65: Why? Teams dont watch tape anymore. RT @ProFootballTalk: Bucs & Cowboys in dogfight 4 Doug Free http://wp.me/p14QSB-AWS
Wait, i'm confused. Is Doug Free overrated or something?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About this Cowboys/Bucs battle over Free, I think the Bucs will win unless Free gives Dallas a slight discount.

The Bucs were one of the teams furthest below the salary floor iirc, and will have no hesitation about spending to to move up. The Cowboys may be in trouble.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arles-johnson/

More details on the Charles Johnson deal.

They do make a good point that it's probably better that Johnson got this money than Newton, as it easily could have been without the rookie scale. So on that point, I'll concede that it isn't too bad of deal.

But damn, it's still a mind **** for Charles freaking Johnson to shoot up the list of richest defenders like that.
I'm a homer but it's really not bad value. In his first year as a starter opposite Brayton who did not record a single sack last year he was dominant in both facets of the game. He's also got a ridiculous motor.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...already-elite/

He's quite literally a top 5 defensive end and a top defender regardless of position.

Also OPs have been updated with definite signings.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I'm a homer but it's really not bad value. In his first year as a starter opposite Brayton who did not record a single sack last year he was dominant in both facets of the game. He's also got a ridiculous motor.

He's quite literally a top 5 defensive end and a top defender regardless of position.

No, just no.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I come home to find out we lost out on Noel Devine and Charles Johnson. **** the NFL, lock this **** back out.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Wait, i'm confused. Is Doug Free overrated or something?
No, he's not. Free shut down just about every edge rusher we played last year, he graded out in the top 5 in both pass pro and run blocking. I don't know what that tweet was about, but Free is a stud. And I'm going to be pissed if you guys get him :(
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not a chance. Too much homer now.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, just no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Not a chance. Too much homer now.
Read the article haters.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Read the article haters.
The article is wrong.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Read the article haters.
Charles ******* Johnson is absolutely in no way, shape or form, a top 5 pass rusher in the NFL, much less a top 5 defender regardless of position. It's not even remotely close, and absolutely no article could ever, ever convince me that a 5th year player with 1 career double digit sack season is. It's not even up for discussion, and is in fact one of the most insane things I've ever heard said.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
The article is wrong.
You're just bitter that you get to see your right tackle styled on twice a year. I watched every Panthers game this year, the dudes a beast. How can an article based on quantifiable numbers be wrong?

I'm sorry I'm not arguing over facts. Right now in the 43 defense there are not 5 players better than him at the end position.

M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll more than likely stick with Dallas...but this is going to be an ugly price Dallas has to pay to keep him. Maybe north of $12 million per year.

A bidding war with the Bucs is the worst possible thing that could happen to Dallas right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I agree with ATL and BB.

You're overrating Johnson by a lot.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
About this Cowboys/Bucs battle over Free, I think the Bucs will win unless Free gives Dallas a slight discount.

The Bucs were one of the teams furthest below the salary floor iirc, and will have no hesitation about spending to to move up. The Cowboys may be in trouble.
It all depends. Tampa isn't going to pay Free more money than Donald Penn, who got a 6 year 42 million. Free is coming to play RT at Tampa, if the Bucs get him.

However, the drafting of Tyron Smith doesn't exactly gurantee Free as a LT in Dallas either, from what I've heard. If the Bucs can steal Free and then resign Davin Joseph, they have just formed a dominate O-line with Penn, Larsen, Faine, Joseph and Free(left to right) to protect Freeman and plow the way for the running game.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Come on now!!!

Dwight Freeney
Robert Mathis
Mario Williams
Julius Peppers
Jared Allen
John Abraham
Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyiora
Elvis Dumervil

You don't necessarily have to agree with all of those but at least 5 of them are better than Johnson and they are only 43 DEs.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers and Raiders are battling for the services of free agent FS Dashon Goldson, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Nice to hear Oakland name out.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:

Snaps: 918
Stats: 12 sacks, 11 hits and 58 hurries. 48 defensive stops.
Grade: +43.8 (including a +32.6 for pass rushing)

2010 was the breakout year that we’d be expecting, only with a double dose of red bull. We’d pegged it before the season that Johnson was one to watch if the Panthers would give him the opportunity, but even in our wildest “told you so” moments we didn’t quite see this type of year coming.

Johnson simply obliterated right tackles.

His pass rushing numbers on the year were not just among those of the elite pass rushers, his were best of all. No defensive end had more combined sacks, hits and hurries than the 81 of Johnson and what’s more, he did it consistently throughout the year. We saw some players rack up stats in a few games as they feasted on bad opposition. Johnson just beat everyone. Outside of the opening game against the Giants, he didn’t have a single day with a negative pass rush grade and 11 times he managed an “in the green” grade of +1.0 or (considerably) more.

Take what Johnson was able to do to potential big money free agent Tyson Clabo. The Falcons’ right tackle enjoyed a successful year, especially with his pass protection. In two games against Clay Matthews for example, Clabo surrendered just one pressure to the Defensive Player of the Year candidate. In two games against Charles Johnson (including Week 17 where Johnson spent nearly half of his snaps lined up on the right side or at defensive tackle), Clabo gave up a sack, a hit and six pressures.

The only thing that stopped Johnson from being considered for the DPoY (and he should have been) was that he played on a terrible team. So I’m asking the question, is it his fault his team didn’t address the defensive tackle position, overestimated the worth of Matt Moore, or relied on rookie receivers (among other problems)?

All of this is before you even get into looking at how good a player he was in run defense. Extremely active, he has the ability to disengage and locate ball carriers, which is a large part of why he finished with 48 defensive stops (leading all defensive ends). You just need to go through his highlight reel (as I’ve had the pleasure of doing as I write this) to see how disruptive a force he is.

It’s that combined ability that had him at No. 2 in our 4-3 defensive end rankings on the year, and it’s that ability that makes me think whoever gets him is about to get a bargain, whatever the price.
For those refusing to read

Old 07-26-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I was gonna go Allen, Freeney, Peppers, Super Mario, and Abraham >>>> Johnson

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
You're just bitter that you get to see your right tackle styled on twice a year. I watched every Panthers game this year, the dudes a beast. How can an article based on quantifiable numbers be wrong?

I'm sorry I'm not arguing over facts. Right now in the 43 defense there are not 5 players better than him at the end position.
I'm not bitter. Did I want Johnson? Yes. Do I think he's very good? Absolutely.

But this isn't baseball. Football isn't about "quantifiable numbers". Everything on PFF is entirely subjective.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He'll more than likely stick with Dallas...but this is going to be an ugly price Dallas has to pay to keep him. Maybe north of $12 million per year.

A bidding war with the Bucs is the worst possible thing that could happen to Dallas right now.
The Bucs are close to 60 million under the cap. I know the Glazers are not happy with having to reach the floor of the cap because in a year or 2 they want to use most of that cash to lock up their younger players such as Freeman, Williams, Benn, and so on. But, they have the money and Dominik and Morris made it clear they want to surround Josh Freeman with talent and protection. They got him weapons last year, get him another dominate Tackle and resgin Joseph.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
It all depends. Tampa isn't going to pay Free more money than Donald Penn, who got a 6 year 42 million. Free is coming to play RT at Tampa, if the Bucs get him.

However, the drafting of Tyron Smith doesn't exactly gurantee Free as a LT in Dallas either, from what I've heard. If the Bucs can steal Free and then resign Davin Joseph, they have just formed a dominate O-line with Penn, Larsen, Faine, Joseph and Free(left to right) to protect Freeman and plow the way for the running game.
Free was going to be our LT going into this season, with Smith starting at RT.

And they could surely pay him more than Penn, given this market and their funds. They have the money to do so. And Free is looking at a larger contract than Penn's. $7 million a year? I wish. Free's going to command anywhere from $10 million up, probably.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
The Bucs are close to 60 million under the cap. I know the Glazers are not happy with having to reach the floor of the cap because in a year or 2 they want to use most of that cash to lock up their younger players such as Freeman, Williams, Benn, and so on. But, they have the money and Dominik and Morris made it clear they want to surround Josh Freeman with talent and protection. They got him weapons last year, get him another dominate Tackle and resgin Joseph.
There is something to be said about team loyalty. Realistically...Dallas can match any lucrative offer the Bucs make. It's just up to Dallas if they would like to do so. Considering we have so many other holes to fill.

But losing Free would be a season killer for Dallas.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS