Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

‎49ers announced that OLB Ahmad Brooks signed a six-year contract extension that ties him to team through 2017.

Per Adam Schefter.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Moving to a 3-4 was the best thing for him.
I remember him in our 4-3 and he couldnt read an offense to save his life.
I remember when we claimed him and the reactions most 9er fans (myself included) had to us giving him a look...the facepalming was strong.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With something like 60 million in cap space, why aren't the Chiefs re-signing Carr?
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
With something like 60 million in cap space, why aren't the Chiefs re-signing Carr?
Flowers and Routt are making pretty good money. I'm guessing they don't wanna tie up that much money to the CB position.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Flowers and Routt are making pretty good money. I'm guessing they don't wanna tie up that much money to the CB position.
Eric Berry is also one of the highest if not the highest paid at his position. That is alot of money in the secondary.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
We don't have nearly that much. Scott Pioli said that once the new league year hits we'll be around 40 million. Still a lot, but with Flowers locked up last year and signing Routt, and adding in Berry.. that's a lot of money tied up there.

I still think a deal CAN get done, but I don't think a deal WILL get done.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah, this exactly. I'm thinking we have our eyes on a semi big free agent name too, so.
Peyton Manning.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Peyton Manning.
Don't give me false hope.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Really? I thought you guys would be like "NoooOOOOooOOooOOOOooOooooOOO!!!"

I mean, he'd be better than Matt Cassel, but in two years, you'd need to find another past his prime veteran QB to take over.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But its false hope, so you know its not true.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Really? I thought you guys would be like "NoooOOOOooOOooOOOOooOooooOOO!!!"

I mean, he'd be better than Matt Cassel, but in two years, you'd need to find another past his prime veteran QB to take over.
They can still draft a QB this year even if they got Peyton. Which in a perfect world is what I would love to do.

Edit: Also A Perfect World is a good movie.

Last edited by Splat : 02-28-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

44.5 million for Brooks is a little high for me. I think he's a good player, but 7 million a year. I think the other 3 LB help his play. But he is very good against the run and played 90% of snaps.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
They can still draft a QB this year even if they got Peyton. Which in a perfect world is what I would love to do.

Edit: Also A Perfect World is a good movie.
I don't think Peyton is going to go to a team who then wastes a top 3 round pick on his replacement rather than players who could help.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only pieces we're missing on offense are QB, RT, and backup / change of pace RB. If we sign Peyton we can address RT early (at 11 or with a trade back), grab a RB later, and our offense is almost set.

WRs? Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, McCluster
RB? Jamaal Charles, drafted backup
TE? Tony Moeaki
OL? Albert - Lilja - Hudson - Asamoah - drafted RT

He could go to much worse situations than the one in KC. Not to mention we have a weakass division and he'd be all but guaranteed to get back into the playoffs. And I didn't even mention our defense which is getting back a Pro Bowl safety this year. Yeah, he could do much worse. :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The only pieces we're missing on offense are QB, RT, and backup / change of pace RB. If we sign Peyton we can address RT early (at 11 or with a trade back), grab a RB later, and our offense is almost set.

WRs? Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, McCluster
RB? Jamaal Charles, drafted backup
TE? Tony Moeaki
OL? Albert - Lilja - Hudson - Asamoah - drafted RT

He could go to much worse situations than the one in KC. Not to mention we have a weakass division and he'd be all but guaranteed to get back into the playoffs.
Worse as in.... Washington? :)

I think it would be good spot. Like he said, easy to go to the playoffs, and the defense is young and talented. Get Poe in the first (face it, youd need to now) and a OT in the 2nd and your looking pretty amazing.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tits wont sign Jason Jones until FA. I cant lose Finny and JJ. :c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints re-signed Adrian Arrington and long-snapper John Deschaner today. CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
44.5 million for Brooks is a little high for me. I think he's a good player, but 7 million a year. I think the other 3 LB help his play. But he is very good against the run and played 90% of snaps.
the deal i believe is up to 44.5 ....like i said wanna see the numbers broke down before i can really say if i like it or not.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
It's an NFL contract and he's an ok-but-not-great player. I'm sure he'll make like 15 million over three years or 23 million over four or whatever before being cut.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see a guy that killed his own draft stock long ago work his way back to being a good player and earning a nice payday. He just has to develop into a nice 2nd pass rusher because Aldon Smith will get all the attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Good to see a guy that killed his own draft stock long ago work his way back to being a good player and earning a nice payday. He just has to develop into a nice 2nd pass rusher because Aldon Smith will get all the attention.
actually hope we draft another rush backer to push him regardless of this deal.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
actually hope we draft another rush backer to push him regardless of this deal.
Err why? Aldon Smith is a beast and this contract means you are pretty much committed to him.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
Err why? Aldon Smith is a beast and this contract means you are pretty much committed to him.
once you get paid, who cares how hard you try then? No one is going to take my job, they got poop behind me. Ohh crap they drafted someone to replace me? better "try"
Old 02-28-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a 49ers fan, im extremely happy that they re-signed Brooks. Personally, I would have went up to $8m a season because he's far more valuable to the team than Rogers is. He's three years younger, plays all three downs and when you look at the other OLB available in FA, only Mario Williams is better but he's going to possibly ne the highest paid defensive player plus I think that he goes to a 4-3 team in which his value will be even higher.

Also, Brooks and Smith as starters > Smith/Haralson. Starting brooks and Smith will be great and Haralson coming off the bench makes our depth stronger plus if Smith cant handle being a starter, Haralson can jump right in. Overall, a damn good signing. Next up should be Alex Smith and Goldson followed by Ginn and Snyder. After them, tender Grant at the second round level and resign Costanzo.

Replace Rogers with DB Jason Allen and sign a top tier WR. Then draft Fleener at 30 and I'll be the happiest 49ers fan you've ever seen or read about or whatever. LOL.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The amount of money that linebackers are getting paid nowadays is ridiculous. Even Clint Session got paid what, $30 million over five years last offseason? When a top nose tackle like Vince Wilfork signs for $40 million over five years and guys like Ahmad Brooks and Paul Posluszny are getting bigger deals, it's time for teams to get creative when it comes to finding linebackers. Even elite safeties such as Eric Weddle and Troy Polamalu signed for less than $40 million apiece.