Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
You guys are hosting Mathis today. If you replace Grubbs with Mathis, that's actually an upgrade based on 2011 production.
I think it was half Mathis and half the Mudd scheme. I'll be shocked if he keeps up that level of production in a different system.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to PFT Mario Williams is close to signing a deal in Buffalo.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
According to PFT Mario Williams is close to signing a deal in Buffalo.
Mario Williams has been close to signing a deal with Buffalo for like 2 days now. Someone wake me up when he actually puts pen to paper.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
I dont understand why they dump so much money to the guard position alone, despite the numerous holes in their defense, and with a lack of draft picks(ruling coming soon) They should have the worst defense by far
Yeah we're going to have the worst defense "by far". Do you think before you post?
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if it has been posted but Laurent Robinson signed with Jacksonville. Have fun with Gabbert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Have fun trying to stay healthy.
Also correct.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm not really buying the argument against New England either. This is a team that has lost 5 games total the past 2 regular seasons, and is pretty damn stacked outside 4 positions. They were comically bad last year at safety, cornerback, and wide receiver. They've already addressed 1 of their problem spots which was a pass rushing DT, and they have plenty of money and draft picks left to address some of their problems. Even getting an average player at any of those spots greatly improves the team.

I wouldn't count out NE from making another run because it's not like any other AFC team is getting much better, and if Manning goes to Arizona there isn't another QB who can even imagine himself being as good as Brady. Not to mention they have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, and the second best receiving target in the NFL.

There are also good pieces in place on defense, and it's still a decent scoring defense. Add another 2-3 guys who can contribute and the whole situation rapidly improves. The secondary can't possibly be worse this year and did a pretty good job in the playoffs, so it'll be pretty difficult to be as bad as last year even with some injuries.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Also correct.
He is making enough money to have fun....
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a pretty good deal for Grubbs. Significantly less than what Nicks, Mankins, or Evans got, but the difference between a good guard and an all pro guard isn't that huge of a difference in performance either way.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Mario Williams has been close to signing a deal with Buffalo for like 2 days now. Someone wake me up when he actually puts pen to paper.
He can afford to take it slow. He knows whoever doesn't get Manning is likely to have crapload of cap space to retain his services *and* will be feeling the pressure to make a high profile signing to compensate for their failed PM bid.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
That's a pretty good deal for Grubbs. Significantly less than what Nicks, Mankins, or Evans got, but the difference between a good guard and an all pro guard isn't that huge of a difference in performance either way.
Grubbs landed just $11.5 million less total money, and will average roughly $2 million less per season. Grubbs graded out as Pro Football Focus' sixth-best left guard in 2011, but Nicks was significantly better in both run and pass blocking.

Per rotoworld.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Really glad the Bengals didnt need a guard or have a ton of money to spend
I love reading your post.

And cause I don't like the Bungles.

You cool and all thought.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Grubbs landed just $11.5 million less total money, and will average roughly $2 million less per season. Grubbs graded out as Pro Football Focus' sixth-best left guard in 2011, but Nicks was significantly better in both run and pass blocking.

Per rotoworld.
Replace all pro guard with all pro guard

"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Hillis and Jamaal Charles together has the potential to be rediculous.
Talk about a 1, 2 punch.
Losing Jarrett Johnson, Corey Redding, and now Ben Grubbs, and most likley Haruki is definitely a bummer.
But I'm hoping the team signs Erik Walden and Eric Winston
+ Richard Marshall to Miami is decent. Will he play safety?
+ Pats are soon to strike a deal with Danny Amendola, of course.
+ OT, Marcus McNeil in talks with Detroit.

Last edited by GoRavens : 03-15-2012 at 10:18 AM.
GoRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Those were all by outside media.
The Bills radio station is the media outlet reporting that things are picking up and close. There are rumors from multiple people that there is a press conference scheduled for around noon. I didn't believe the sources from the past few days but I am with these.

But I will wake you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Those were all by outside media.
The Bills radio station is the media outlet reporting that things are picking up and close. There are rumors from multiple people that there is a press conference scheduled for around noon. I didn't believe the sources from the past few days but I am with these.

But I will wake you up
As much as it'll suck to have him in the division, it's nice to see Buffalo go out and get a guy like Williams. There fans are pretty legit and longtime suffering. That DL is going to be downright filthy and pretty fun to watch.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns re-sign CB Dimitri Patterson. Three-years, $16 million. I really liked him last year but that's probably more than we should have spent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rs-16-million/
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
I dont understand why they dump so much money to the guard position alone, despite the numerous holes in their defense, and with a lack of draft picks(ruling coming soon) They should have the worst defense by far

Because the G spot is so vitally important to that offense. It's been the same **** over and over. Mediocre protection at best from the outside, Brees steps up in the pocket because the DTs have been stone walled so he can make a nice clean, accurate throw to his target.

Quote:
Well they didn't step down much at all. I wonder how much cheaper than Nicks he really was.
I think you can argue Nicks to anyone is a pretty sizeable downgrade. He's a monster. But I ultimately think I would have done the same thing if I were NO, since you already gave Evans a mega deal.

Quote:

He's just praying someone that isn't Buffalo can come up with a similar offer while he lives on Buffalo's money for the time being.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Browns re-sign CB Dimitri Patterson. Three-years, $16 million. I really liked him last year but that's probably more than we should have spent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rs-16-million/
Nature of the position in today's game. Decent production's going to get you paid.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario to Blo is a done deal! Kick butt!
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

per Joe B, of WGR550 (the Bills' radio)

Mario update: sources tell me "deal is set just working on logistics and family situation80%chance he signs today"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Winston isn't leaving KC even if I have to do unspeakable things.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Mario Williams.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One day after former Dallas TE Martellus Bennett signed with New York, Cowboys WR Kevin Ogleetree is visiting the Giants today.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Flynn is supposed to be in town today (Seattle). it's raining so ####ing hard i feel like i'm back in the jungle. Honest to God it is usually pretty decent this time of the year. If it comes down to here or Miami we probably dont stand a chance.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote