Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
One thing you will have to learn about Gallery is that he is gonna get hurt missed 14 games the past two season. Russell Okung missed 6 games last season. And with Cable the running game will be better but pass protection not so much.
It's good to know that Okung's extremely strong in pass pro. He played at OKST after all...

ANYWAY buzz killington,

Quote:
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
by ChrisEgan5
Talks between Seahawks, Vikings and other teams on Sidney Rice is one of the hottest items of the day.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really do not understand why the Panthers would blow so much on an RB. Like others in the thread of said, running backs can really be discovered anywhere and seem to be more easily replaceable and interchangeable. The Panthers have made some headscratching moves.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

omg Twitter is down.....

NOOOO!!!!!! lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other stuff:
Quote:
Seattle, Tennessee and a few others are in the mix. RT @Falcons023: @caplannfl Why is it so calm on Ray Edwards front? Any buzz at all...
And apparently Babin is likely going to Philly.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank goodness, I did not want Babin in Chicago.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I really do not understand why the Panthers would blow so much on an RB. Like others in the thread of said, running backs can really be discovered anywhere and seem to be more easily replaceable and interchangeable. The Panthers have made some headscratching moves.
Because you have to fill your cap space with the salary floor in place. And rookies take up MUCH, MUCH, less than they used to. Therefore, ALL veterans are getting better deals in this FA period.

And the feeling has to be mutual with FA. You can't just say "well spend that space on other positions." Guys that would take up that $ have to be a) at least SOMEWHAT worth it (D-Will is) AND b) willing to go to your team. The chances Carolina has a bunch of decent FAs fulfilling both of those requirements is very small. Hence, the move.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Because you have to fill your cap space with the salary floor in place. And rookies take up MUCH, MUCH, less than they used to. Therefore, ALL veterans are getting better deals in this FA period.

And the feeling has to be mutual with FA. You can't just say "well spend that space on other positions." Guys that would take up that $ have to be a) at least SOMEWHAT worth it (D-Will is) AND b) willing to go to your team. The chances Carolina has a bunch of decent FAs fulfilling both of those requirements is very small. Hence, the move.
They have Stewart and Goodson....at least they are working to resign their LBs to longer term deals.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Zac Diles' market should be interesting. Not only are the Rams interested, Seahawks, Bears and a few others are in the mix.
He sucks, right?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee showing intrest in Ray Edwards per Jim Wyatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

leinart gets a 5.5 million dollar deal from houston. 3.4 guaranteed.

now i think leinart can still be a good player, im not a leinart hater at all but at this point in his career after doing what hes done so far in the NFL thats quite a bit of money for him who was the 3rd QB in houston last year.

i wish i could make $5.5 million for sucking at my job and never living up to my potential :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Tennessee showing intrest in Ray Edwards per Jim Wyatt
I don't want Ray Edwards. Watch the titans sign him to a huge deal just because hey hate me.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Already posted, Doughie.

Couple of tidbits before I sign off for the night...

#1 - THE ST. LOUIS SAMS are in on Sidney Rice.

#2 - Dion Lewis signed his rookie deal and for some reason everyone on Twitter feels the need to comment on it. I have no idea why.

#3 - The Colts may not be able to keep Joseph Addai and are inactive right now because they are having salary cap issues. They should call the Jets, Hawks, and Cats for help!
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Jets aren't going to pay big money to both Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards, so Moss is now the favorite on what may be an incentive-laden contract. Coach Rex Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum have made no secret of their respect for Moss' skills. Even if Moss is only running a handful of routes at this stage of his career, he's a more dangerous receiver than Plaxico Burress. One source tell the New York Daily News, "I think it's going to happen."
-Rotoworld.

Randy Moss and Nnamdi Asomugha not bad as long as they don't use him to run block like Jeff Fisher.
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I don't want Ray Edwards. Watch the titans sign him to a huge deal just because hey hate me.
I'm not super high on him either, but he fits the scheme.

Quote:
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears also linked to Jermon Bushrod.

Someone tell me if I like that or not.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melvin Bullitt and Adam Vinatieri both just re-signed with the Colts.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Rotoworld:

Former Kentucky RB Derrick Locke failed his physical with the Vikings and will return to the undrafted market.

He's once again an unrestricted free agent. Locke has major medical concerns, and was also rejected for his health by the St. Louis Rams on draft weekend. He's probably not going to have a long career in the NFL if he does resurface.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Eagles, Lions showing interest with Stephen Tulloch. You can have him.

Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Rumors also that VY to philly.

Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do people act like Holmes is better than Rice?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Because Holmes plays in New York and Rice in Minny.

It's aaaaaaaaall about the exposure.

To a certain degree, at least.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Vinateiri re-ups with the Colts for 3 years

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Shareece wright playing madden to learn D"

really wright?! Madden?! /)_-

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
leinart gets a 5.5 million dollar deal from houston. 3.4 guaranteed.

now i think leinart can still be a good player, im not a leinart hater at all but at this point in his career after doing what hes done so far in the NFL thats quite a bit of money for him who was the 3rd QB in houston last year.

i wish i could make $5.5 million for sucking at my job and never living up to my potential :-(
I thought Seattle signed him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
IDK, I thought it was because of the clutch TD in the SB also Rice was hurt last year.