Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of centers, why is there no love for Dan Koppen? Excellent zone blocker who can make all the line calls and consistently deliver a perfect shotgun snap. He just can't handle nose tackles at all.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Speaking of centers, why is there no love for Dan Koppen? Excellent zone blocker who can make all the line calls and consistently deliver a perfect shotgun snap. He just can't handle nose tackles at all.
That's kind of a big deal.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Anyone wanna tell me what's the latest on Jason Jones, Broderick Bunkley, Marcus McNeil, Anthony Collins, Manny Lawson or Demetrius Bell?
Bell met with Arizona earlier this week but they resigned Levi Brown. Bell then went on to meet with Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Anyone wanna tell me what's the latest on Jason Jones, Broderick Bunkley, Marcus McNeil, Anthony Collins, Manny Lawson or Demetrius Bell?
I'm secretly hoping for Lawson and Bunkley to the Raiders...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That's kind of a big deal.
Agreed, although overall he's better than what most teams have in the NFL. Not many centers have the mental tools that he has. His flaw is pretty common and can usually be allayed through clever blocking assignments in the form of chips from guards or backs in blitz pickup, etc.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joel Dreessen will visit the Bengals on Saturday. That will make the 12 FA to visit and leave without a contract.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:06 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You act like if they don't get a contract done on the spot everything is over with. Not so fast my friend.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:18 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I'm secretly hoping for Lawson and Bunkley to the Raiders...
That would be awesome, Lawson could play well under Allen at OLB to replace Wimbley, leaving us to likely find a DE in the 3rd.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:25 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I'm pretty sure Jason Jones wants to play both DE/DT. Facts are he can't make it through half the season as a full time starter as a 3tech. He probably wants to go to a team that will give him the chance to play outside on running downs and inside on 3rd downs. Also, the Titans only have 1 DE under contract....don't be surprised if the Tits make him a competitive offer to come back.
I want GB to go after him. It won't happen, but I think he could fill the Jenkins void, and they could stop trying to turn Raji into a DE.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Who said this?
Via Rotoworld:

Quote:
The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans are "still in the mix" for free agent DL Jason Jones.
Jones left St. Louis without a contract on Wednesday, and is visiting the Seahawks on Thursday. Capable of playing both tackle and end, Jones played tackle for the Titans last season, but is believed to be seeking an opportunity to return to end. With Mario Williams off the market, Jones is the top remaining free agent lineman. Mar 15 - 1:21 PM
Old 03-17-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

La Canfora says Matt Flynn is now in Miami.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Kosier plz. Kthxbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Boston Globe reports that Brandon Lloyd, a free agent receiver who has been linked to New England for weeks, is close to coming to a contract agreement with the Patriots.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ose-to-a-deal/

Most predictable FA signing ever.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Bell met with Arizona earlier this week but they resigned Levi Brown. Bell then went on to meet with Washington
I really hope the Bills re-sign him if the market for him dries up. I don't see where he'd fit in on Washington's line because Bell is pretty much strictly a LT with no real position versatility, and I'm pretty sure the Skins wouldn't sign Bell to take Trent Williams position considering hes only coming off of his 2nd year on a huge rookie contract.

I could see the Bears being players for Bell, the only other team I'd buy as contenders is the Lions if they don't bring Backus back, but I don't know if either team has shown or has any interest in Bell. Hopefully the market for him dries up completely and the Bills can get him back cheap and not have to address LT at #10.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
If I were them I'd still look to draft Kendall Wright. They have got to get some speed and play-makers at WR, and I don't think drafting a WR to develop is the worst thing for them with how old Welker and Lloyd both are. Brady could have a career year next season with those weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I really hope the Bills re-sign him if the market for him dries up. I don't see where he'd fit in on Washington's line because Bell is pretty much strictly a LT with no real position versatility, and I'm pretty sure the Skins wouldn't sign Bell to take Trent Williams position considering hes only coming off of his 2nd year on a huge rookie contract.

I could see the Bears being players for Bell, the only other team I'd buy as contenders is the Lions if they don't bring Backus back, but I don't know if either team has shown or has any interest in Bell. Hopefully the market for him dries up completely and the Bills can get him back cheap and not have to address LT at #10.
Apparently prior to FA opening the Bills offered him a contract and never heard back from his agent. I feel that what's going on is that Bell feels that he's worth X amount of dollars and the Bills offered him < X, as did the Cards. He's not going to be starting on Washington's line, so I see them offering him < X as well. I think he'll just sign back with us after testing the FA waters.

Also, to any Bengals fans out there, can you tell me what Anthony Collins brings to the table?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the Bucs had poor owners, but it seems like no one wants anything to do with the Miami Dolphins. They went as desperate to have to bring in Dan Marino as a rep. to visit with Peyton Manning. Still didn't work .

If they don't land Flynn, a guy who knows and has been in Philbin's system for the last 4 years, then that doesn't speak much about this franchise.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I thought the Bucs had poor owners, but it seems like no one wants anything to do with the Miami Dolphins. They went as desperate to have to bring in Dan Marino as a rep. to visit with Peyton Manning. Still didn't work .

If they don't land Flynn, a guy who knows and has been in Philbin's system for the last 4 years, then that doesn't speak much about this franchise.
I would argue that it doesn't speak much about Flynn. If his old OC doesn't think he's worth a significant investment (the Dolphins reportedly lowballed him earlier), that might be a clue to other teams.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would argue that it doesn't speak much about Flynn. If his old OC doesn't think he's worth a significant investment (the Dolphins reportedly lowballed him earlier), that might be a clue to other teams.
That is true, maybe they'll be smart enough not to give him 12 million a year. That's probably why he left Seattle without a deal, they're probably smart enough not to overpay for an unproven backup .

Thing is, they low-balled there head coach last year, gave him a contract extension when they failed to land Harbaugh, then fired him through the season. They got desperate to try for Peyton Manning, failed, now they're going "ALL OUT" for Flynn.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't like the way that this was reported. You are Matt Flynn. You have started two games in the NFL. Your value is from a ton of media hype. Maybe the Cards should have low balled Kolb last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I didn't like the way that this was reported. You are Matt Flynn. You have started two games in the NFL. Your value is from a ton of media hype. Maybe the Cards should have low balled Kolb last year.
Excellent point. The value of recent benchmark contracts such as the deals given to Kolb/Cassel would dictate something along the lines of 6-$60. Would anyone seriously pay that for Flynn?
Old 03-17-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor has it that the Patriots are close to a deal with Brandon Lloyd. Like I've said all along: I don't mind him coming to NE as long as we don't overpay for him. We didn't get Wayne even though we tried, so Lloyd wasn't our first choice. That makes me think that it's a sensible deal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on Tolbert in Pittsburgh?
Old 03-17-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

I suspect the real winners of the QB hunt this year were the teams that missed out. Even Peyton Manning scares me this year. So far we know he can throw a football, but that seems like a redirect; the structural stability of his neck is way more concerning. Chad Henne seemed like a great deal for the Jaguars.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How sick would it be if Peyton Manning signed a huge contract, got hit on the first play of the season, broke his neck and died.