Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nelson to the jets? dammit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably most happy about Le’Ron McClain signing because we have a real ******* fullback and not jacob hester!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
The worst free agent signing of 2012 so far (not Garcon):

CB Eric Wright (TB) – 5 years, $37.5 million ($15.5)

Wright has had an incredibly inconsistent NFL career. His talent and ball skills are not in question, but the quality of his coverage has vacillated between poor and excellent; his unpredictability makes him a risky investment. Wright was targeted more times this season than any cornerback aside from Jabari Greer and ranked 104th out of 109 cornerbacks in 2011 despite playing behind Detroit's intimidating defensive line. His stock also took a hit during the pre-draft process when he was found in possession of a considerable amount of ecstasy; Buccaneers fans will need some to be pleased with this deal.

2008: 56/86 (65.1%), 677 yards (173 yac), 6 TD, 3 INT, 9 PD (97.9 rating)

2009: 47/89 (52.8%), 655 yards (267 yac), 2 TD, 4 INT, 8 PD (65.5 rating)

2010: 43/65 (66.2%), 623 yards (189 yac), 6 TD, 1 INT, 5 PD (121.5 rating)

2011: 79/125 (63.2%), 879 yards (352 yac), 5 TD, 4 INT, 11 PD (84.1 rating)
As a Bucs fan I 100% agree. I only can hope its one of those contracts that pays the 15.5 early in the contract so we can get out of this mess in two years.

I would have given that money and 3 million more to Lofton over Wright.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I hate Mike Brown. So much.
I don't know buddy... Everything Mike Brown has done in the last 15 months has turned to gold. Maybe he's on to something.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if Reggie Nelson fits the Jets defense. The Jets need their DBs, particularly their safeties to be excellent tacklers (yeah I know, Cromartie isn't one of them), great blitzers, and excel in man coverage down the field.

Nelson is good at playing single high, but he can't tackle, isn't the best blitzed, and gets lost in man coverage.

Nelson needs to play in a defense that allows him to play center field the majority of the game. I'm not sure if he fits their style.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I'm probably most happy about Le’Ron McClain signing because we have a real ******* fullback and not jacob hester!
Hesterzzzzzzz?
Old 03-17-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
McClain's best attribute is his versatility, not so much as a true FB. I would say he's probably a better blocker than Hester though.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mathis is going back to Philly. 5year/$25m deal.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Mathis is going back to Philly. 5year/$25m deal.
Excellent news. He may be a bit of a system player, but now he gets to stay in that system.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I can't believe the steal they got for Mathis.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winston needs to GTFO of KC so he can visit Detroit on Monday.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Winston needs to GTFO of KC so he can visit Detroit on Monday.
Sorry sir, he is going to be a Chief.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't know if Reggie Nelson fits the Jets defense. The Jets need their DBs, particularly their safeties to be excellent tacklers (yeah I know, Cromartie isn't one of them), great blitzers, and excel in man coverage down the field.

Nelson is good at playing single high, but he can't tackle, isn't the best blitzed, and gets lost in man coverage.

Nelson needs to play in a defense that allows him to play center field the majority of the game. I'm not sure if he fits their style.
He's a softer version of Brandon Meriweather.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winston's contract will set the bar for Branden Albert's extension next year. He's got to be happy about that.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
He's a softer version of Brandon Meriweather.
It sounds like he's developed a little since his days at Jacksonville though. I admit, he was abysmal at Jacksonville, and I was disappointed bc I was so high on him, but it sounds like Zimmer has developed him into a decent player.

Merriweather is absymal.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't know how Meriweather still gets contract offers.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I really don't know how Meriweather still gets contract offers.
Have you been to a Pro Bowl? That's what I thought...Mexican.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Being a 1st round pick gets you a lot of 2nd chances. Some coach out there thinks they can get the potential out of him.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
The worst free agent signing of 2012 so far (not Garcon):

CB Eric Wright (TB) – 5 years, $37.5 million ($15.5)

Wright has had an incredibly inconsistent NFL career. His talent and ball skills are not in question, but the quality of his coverage has vacillated between poor and excellent; his unpredictability makes him a risky investment. Wright was targeted more times this season than any cornerback aside from Jabari Greer and ranked 104th out of 109 cornerbacks in 2011 despite playing behind Detroit's intimidating defensive line. His stock also took a hit during the pre-draft process when he was found in possession of a considerable amount of ecstasy; Buccaneers fans will need some to be pleased with this deal.

2008: 56/86 (65.1%), 677 yards (173 yac), 6 TD, 3 INT, 9 PD (97.9 rating)

2009: 47/89 (52.8%), 655 yards (267 yac), 2 TD, 4 INT, 8 PD (65.5 rating)

2010: 43/65 (66.2%), 623 yards (189 yac), 6 TD, 1 INT, 5 PD (121.5 rating)

2011: 79/125 (63.2%), 879 yards (352 yac), 5 TD, 4 INT, 11 PD (84.1 rating)

John Carlson gets my vote for worst sign.25 mill for a guy who miss ALL of last year?
Old 03-17-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Pats sign Anthony Gonzalez.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Manningham will more than likely sign with St. Louis by tonight or tomorrow. It's a decent signing, I just hope they don't overpay for him which they probably will cuz the team desperately needs a Receiver.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can hardly contain my excitement
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I can hardly contain my excitement

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting. Is he injury free?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mystery team in the Manning Sweepstakes!