Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Really? For a running back who's run once for over 1000 yards
Could be seen as a positive. Of course he doesn't have a ton of yards. They already had a 1st round RB on the team when they drafted him. He's always been in a 2-back system. Less mileage on the legs.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont get why the panthers signed tolbert. just don't get it.

J-stew for giants 3rd. get it done
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I probably would rarely ever sign a RB after his rookie deal is done. They're just not worth it.

Even the great AP isn't worth it. Yeah he's a great RB, but the guy can't pass protect and is mediocre at catching the ball. He's too 1 dimensional. He's honestly not worth the money. He's not.

I hate tying up money to RBs when I can get a guy for 400k a year who will get me pretty much the same production.

Seriously, is 5.0 ypc over 4.2 ypc worth the extra 4 mill a season you would have to pay the guy?

I don't think so, and I think most GMs are starting to realize the same thing.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only that really want to see Alex Smith in Miami now so the 49ers will feel the full force of their idiocy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Am I the only that really want to see Alex Smith in Miami now so the 49ers will feel the full force of their idiocy?
What idiocy? They were trying to replace a average at best QB with Peyton.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, because I kind of want to see what Kaepernick/Josh Johnson could do. They could be awful. But they might be better than Smith who seems to have capped just above mediocrity.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith is underrated; does a great job of protecting the football and is smart, accurate, and athletic with nice touch on the deep ball. Kaepernick has a terrible throwing motion so I was surprised the 49ers were willing to take him that high.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
What idiocy? They were trying to replace a average at best QB with Peyton.
And by doing that alienated their defacto starting QB leaving them with a second round pick from last year who is a great athlete but extremely raw and has little experience throwing from the pocket. If so they won't make the PO.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats sign Donte Stallworth to 1 year deal...

He wont make the team

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post

He wont make the team

Deep threat! Lloyd/Stallworth/mid round WR... Upgraded WR core!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post

He wont make the team
I think he will. I kinda like this signing.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Gallary signs with the Patriots. Also, Landry to the Jets is official.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats have to be cutting Ocho.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Robert Gallary signs with the Patriots. Also, Landry to the Jets is official.
Really...now that's interesting. I guess they weren't quite as set as the fans here seemed to believe in the o-line thread.

Maybe the Pats know something about Marcus Cannon's condition?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots just love former Raider players lol

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
The Patriots just love former Raider players lol
Well, the last one they took off the scrap heap ended up breaking records so....why not?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Really...now that's interesting. I guess they weren't quite as set as the fans here seemed to believe in the o-line thread.

Maybe the Pats know something about Marcus Cannon's condition?
They've said that Cannon is a tackle going forward so we have/had a hole at RG. Problem solved. :) Lots of options in the draft now. No way to tell what BB is thinking right now in terms of scheme or players. I love it.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry got 4 million from the Jets. Only a 1 year deal.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
They've said that Cannon is a tackle going forward so we have/had a hole at RG. Problem solved. :) Lots of options in the draft now. No way to tell what BB is thinking right now in terms of scheme or players. I love it.
That's always a convenient argument winner. Sometimes I wonder if even he actually knows what he's doing or if he just became so bored with the NFL after winning those Superbowls that he just decides to "wing it" every year for a challenge. "I'm....gonna trade for Randy Moss." "I think....I'll run a 4-3 this year."
Old 03-19-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's always a convenient argument winner. Sometimes I wonder if even he actually knows what he's doing or if he just became so bored with the NFL after winning those Superbowls that he just decides to "wing it" every year for a challenge. "I'm....gonna trade for Randy Moss." "I think....I'll run a 4-3 this year."
Two of the three super bowl wins were actually won running the 4-3 fwiw. I think BB wants players that fits the system and the culture first and foremost when making moves in FA. I don't think he looks at need first tbh. He finds loads of experienced, talented players for depth purposes and in some cases to start. I think he matches value with need in the draft after assessing what transpired during FA. I think he has a plan, but BB works in mysterious ways lol.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good deal for the Jets. I would have taken him for 1 yr/4million.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-talks-today/

Alex Smith still talking to the Dolphins. Maybe we get Kapernick in San Fran afterall?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Alex Smith still talking to the Dolphins. Maybe we get Kapernick in San Fran afterall?
Hopefully. I want to be proven right on CK.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think he's just rubbing the 9ers nose in it a little. He is not going to leave San Fran for Miami.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm alright with Gallery as a backup for Brian Waters although his level of production probably could have been had for cheaper in the draft.