Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm looking at the finances of the move.

Vinny Curry will be a 2nd round draft pick that will get you 7 sacks a season (maybe more, maybe less) for about 500k a season.

Wimbley is 7 mill a season. That's a lot more coin for the same production.

To be fair, I'm the type that thinks 99% of RBs don't deserve extensions beyond their rookie deals. I want as little $$ tied to the RB position as possible. If I can have 3 RBs on the roster each making 400K a season, I'm fine with that.

You gotta be cheap about budgeting the cap. You can't pay for mediocre players. It gets you in cap hell.
The logic behind this is sound, but your examples are a bit far fetched.

I like Vinny as a prospect but you are assuming a lot with his production. I think with that production he starts sneaking into the first.

As with RB's your thinking is in line with the NFL in general. Unless you have a Ray Rice or healthy AP, teams are not investing a lot of money into RB's. Having a platoon of three good backs on rookie deals is optimal, more realistically most teams are going to try to spend around 8 mil of the salary cap on RB's. It will be interesting to see what BGE gets for a salary. If I where him, I would find a good team offering $3 mil a year and run with it.

In the general NFL scheme, some positions are just going to be pricey. Some teams have the inherent advantage of getting good value at these positions through rookie contracts etc, allowing them to pay more money out elsewhere. As an example, Pittsburgh has had continued success from their linebacker centric defense. Yet inherent in that success is that they usually had a steady stream of linebacking talent that they could let the more expensive older guys walk and let the new guy walk. Yet without that talent to come in to replace them, they have to invest a lot of money there, hamstringing them elsewhere. Now they are paying Harrison Woodley and Timmons big deals, which really hurts them in resigning Wallace, who due to the NFL, is going to get big money somewhere. In the past they would have let Harrison walk and just pay Woodley and Timmons.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post
In the general NFL scheme, some positions are just going to be pricey. Some teams have the inherent advantage of getting good value at these positions through rookie contracts etc, allowing them to pay more money out elsewhere. As an example, Pittsburgh has had continued success from their linebacker centric defense. Yet inherent in that success is that they usually had a steady stream of linebacking talent that they could let the more expensive older guys walk and let the new guy walk. Yet without that talent to come in to replace them, they have to invest a lot of money there, hamstringing them elsewhere. Now they are paying Harrison Woodley and Timmons big deals, which really hurts them in resigning Wallace, who due to the NFL, is going to get big money somewhere. In the past they would have let Harrison walk and just pay Woodley and Timmons.
When harrison got his deal he was replacing porter who fell into the category of guys that had some left in the tank but were expendable. Harrison was like 29 when he had his first starting season and he was a beast against the run and damn near averages a sack a game..paying him was wise because he was a young 29 in that he hasnt played much and he could play all 4 LB spots. Timmons was drafted to replace porter, but struggled on the outside, gained some pounds and moved to the middle after they realized how good harrison was. We wont pay a LB twice though, they will move on from this group near the tail end of the deals, harrison just got paid later because he was older when he finally stuck on. Having Harrison, Timmons, Woodley (hightower???) locked up>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wallace
Old 03-20-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
When harrison got his deal he was replacing porter who fell into the category of guys that had some left in the tank but were expendable. Harrison was like 29 when he had his first starting season and he was a beast against the run and damn near averages a sack a game..paying him was wise because he was a young 29 in that he hasnt played much and he could play all 4 LB spots. Timmons was drafted to replace porter, but struggled on the outside, gained some pounds and moved to the middle after they realized how good harrison was. We wont pay a LB twice though, they will move on from this group near the tail end of the deals, harrison just got paid later because he was older when he finally stuck on. Having Harrison, Timmons, Woodley (hightower???) locked up>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wallace
From wikipedia so not the most accurate, but he got a 6 year 51.75 mil extension on april 13th 2009. That is a couple weeks from his 31st birthday.

I think Harrison does great things on that D, but I just think optimally they let him walk and have a younger guy step in. Maybe move Timmons over or go with Worilds or Sylvester or whatever. That being said, I am not against paying two of their LB's primetime bucks, but paying three makes it hard to fill out their roster elsewhere, like at lets say o line.

One of the big developments in the NFL for me is the vogue of the 3-4. Previously 3-4 teams were the oddity, and those teams could get 3-4 players at great value. Since a ton of teams want these guys now it is much much harder to get them, and you have to pay them a lot more to keep them. I think Pittsburgh is a team that is really starting to feel this now. They can upkeep that great D, but at what price?

Last edited by Lil Quip : 03-20-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Harrison could get cut next offseason especially if Chris Carter and/or Jason Worilds prove they have improved. Ryan Clark is also a guy who could also get cut too.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
You can say it was me. I tore my ACL 2.5 months ago. I was wasted at the time I did it. It hurt but not a lot, maybe because of the booze. Although I knew something was wrong right away. I couldn't walk on it at all for about 24 hours. But after that it got better. I just found out yesterday it's torn. You just lose stability. My knee has given out a couple of times since then and I've bitten it hard two times. If you're not an athlete you actually don't need it or have to get it fixed.

Dominik Hixon played on a torn ACL. He tore his on that circus catch on MNF week 2. Went back into the game only to find out the next day it's torn.
so many players on the Giants tore their ACL and you do the same. That's die hard juggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so many players on the Giants tore their ACL and you do the same. That's die hard juggy
Haha. I did it in the parking lot after the Giants/Jets game too.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 year deal for Jarrett Bush with the Packers.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=5578902&fhn=1

Quote:
Veteran free agent defensive back Jarrett Bush has agreed to a three-year contract to stay with the Green Bay Packers after visiting the Arizona Cardinals and the New York Jets, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions have OJ Atogwe and David Hawthorne in for visits today.

We also signed Jacob Lacey and re-signed Andre Fluellen.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought you guys hated Bush?
Old 03-20-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
A lot of fans hate him because he sucked at CB for his first few years in the NFL. He's developed into a decent dime back, and he's one of the better STs players.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Many do. He's ok as a backup and a very good ST player though.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
For some reason I thought Wimbley was out of the league. It wasn't until I started researching free agency a few months ago that I realized he'd just been stuck in Oakland, and that he was actually doing ok.

Wimbley and Derrick Morgan don't exactly terrify me though. Not much of a pass rush.
Why would you be afraid of him? He is awful.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wimbley should kiss Al Davis and his agent. $13.5 million guaranteed plus the 5 million last year and 6.5 million to get cut by Oakland. That's 25 million guaranteed on a 5 year deal over two years. It's funny how some players have to beg, cry and yell to get paid by teams and some luck out.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I thought that seemed like a lot at first, but he's a better player than I thought. He's only missed 2 starts in his career and seems to average int hat 6-7 sack a year range. Not a world beater, but solid.

Btw your sig and avatar confuse the hell out of me.
It wouldn't surprise me to see him get 10 sacks this year. He played for a really poor Browns D as a 3-4 backer, went to the Raiders and got 16 sacks in 2 years playing from the 4-3 LB position. Anytime a guy does that I'm fairly impressed.

I like the signing a lot since he'll play DE for us
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens in talks with OLB Erik Walden, WR Ted Gin and a plethora of offensive lineman.
Doing what he does best, Ozzie waited out the beginning of the frenzy of free agency and he's got a few solid players lined up.
Don't be surprised to see a few signings this week.
The team has hinted at bringing in 2-4 new faces on the OLine.
5 big names have been linked to the Ravens so far:
OTs Anthony Collins & Brandon Keith
OG Vernon Carey
C Samson Satele & Mike Pollak
Old 03-20-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carey is the only thing close to a "big name" on that list. He'd make for a solid starting guard to replace Grubbs.

And Ginn is a receiver who can't catch. He'll help out as a return man but I definitely look for Cam Cameron to send him deep a lot and then I'll laugh when he doesn't catch the pass.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has been a really underwhelming offseason for the Ravens. None of those names inspire any confidence whatsoever. I'm really not expecting all that much from us next season, it's depressing. Most of the time I feel very comfortable with our roster as we routinely have one of the more talented ones in the league, but we've been really depleted as of late and have done little to nothing to improve our team. We've lost two upper tier (if not elite) starters in Grubbs and Jarrett Johnson with no viable replacement for either on the roster and call me crazy, but I don't think Ted Ginn or Anthony Collins are going to put us back in contention for a Super Bowl.

Plus, overcoming all of that with Cam Cameron calling plays? We'll be lucky to go 10-6 next season.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carey is the only thing close to a "big name" on that list. He'd make for a solid starting guard to replace Grubbs.

And Ginn is a receiver who can't catch. He'll help out as a return man but I definitely look for Cam Cameron to send him deep a lot and then I'll laugh when he doesn't catch the pass.
Ginn is fast, there is no way Cam will send him deep. He'll have Ginn blocking while Boldin runs deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Ginn is fast, there is no way Cam will send him deep. He'll have Ginn blocking while Boldin runs deep.
No no, Ginn is the type he WILL send deep. Because, unlike Boldin who might actually catch it, Ginn won't.

It makes sense if you look at it from Cam Cameron's perspective. Only a genius worthy of being a head coach once again would think to do that.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Ravens in talks with OLB Erik Walden, WR Ted Gin and a plethora of offensive lineman.
Ah, I see that the Ravens are also scraping the bottom of the barrel in search of a second rush linebacker.

Just a heads up to Ravens fans: in GB, Walden was only marginally better than Frank Zombo and Brad Jones, and those guys aren't very good. He also created a distraction when he got arrested in a domestic dispute while GB was chasing a perfect season, so **** that guy.

Last edited by WCH : 03-20-2012 at 02:07 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ginn would be brought on purely as a return man which he is good at. I don't expect him to see any wr snaps, but he could be really useful as a returner.

Jarrett Johnson was not an elite player. Kruger/Kindle/draft pick will more than likely be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Doing what he does best, Ozzie waited out the beginning of the frenzy of free agency and he's got a few solid players lined up.
Don't be surprised to see a few signings this week.
The team has hinted at bringing in 2-4 new faces on the OLine.
5 big names have been linked to the Ravens so far:
OTs Anthony Collins & Brandon Keith
OG Vernon Carey
C Samson Satele & Mike Pollak
I've read the reports that Ginn was brought in for a visit Friday but nothing on any of the other stuff. Where did you hear that?

I really hope we don't rely on Ginn as a receiver if he's signed. Our return game needs a boost and not having to use Webb as a PR would be great but if they think Ginn can do anything more than that... bleh.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Ginn would be brought on purely as a return man which he is good at. I don't expect him to see any wr snaps, but he could be really useful as a returner.

Jarrett Johnson was not an elite player. Kruger/Kindle/draft pick will more than likely be fine.
Do you say that because you truly, truly believe it? Or are you just hoping that the guy who drafted Ginn doesn't stick him out there at WR to try and recoup some losses?
Old 03-20-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you say that because you truly, truly believe it? Or are you just hoping that the guy who drafted Ginn doesn't stick him out there at WR to try and recoup some losses?
I'm deeply hoping. We just need to give him a DB number or something so that he won't be an eligible receiver. At least Torrey can catch half the deep balls.

I also think that Ginn could possibly be the final piece to revealing the Cam-Cam's true genius. His offense hasn't work yet because Ginn wasn't part of it. That's why he drafted Ginn so high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post

Grubbs was elite, Johnson is an upper tier starter who is frequently cited as one of the best unheralded players in the NFL. Everyone in the Ravens organization and throughout the NFL raves about how he's routinely one of the best and most consistent parts of our defense. Moreover, Kindle/Kruger have done nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest that they're capable of replacing his production. Kindle is reported to be on the roster bubble and hasn't recorded a single tackle since being drafted, while Kruger has been a large disappointment as well.

This team has gotten significantly worse, not better since last season. Seeing as how we weren't good enough to make it to the show last year, I highly doubt we're making it this year. I said it before, last year was our window. We had a healthy team in the playoffs, we managed to beat the Steelers twice in a season and kept the Pats under wraps for all of 50 minutes until Flacco, Cameron and Cundiff decided to **** everything up.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote