Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
Pats resign WR Deion Branch
The amount of guaranteed money will probably dictate whether or not he'll make the team.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

STAY AWAY FROM MY TOLLEFSON
Dirty packers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Forte is also on his rookie contract. It's not like the Bears saw how awesome he is, and decided he's only worth $500K. The man is going to get paid, that's a given. He's getting paid $7.7M this year just by default, and will likely get at least that, probably a little more plus long term when the negotiations shake out.

So any way you look at it, Forte will likely be making 2-3 times as much as his backup and over a longer period of time. Yea, that would piss me off too.
I'm sure the fact that his next contract will more than likely be the only big contract he ever signs isn't a factor in it either. He and his agent have to also recognize that the longer he waits (and this being 5 years now at this point) the less valuable he is to anyone. He probably feels like the fact that hes still making rookie contract peanuts basically ruined, or is ruining his chances at ever getting more than one big contract while hes an NFL player.

Its smart by the Bears obviously, but it sucks several dozen dicks for Forte.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I'm sure the fact that his next contract will more than likely be the only big contract he ever signs isn't a factor in it either. He and his agent have to also recognize that the longer he waits (and this being 5 years now at this point) the less valuable he is to anyone. He probably feels like the fact that hes still making rookie contract peanuts basically ruined, or is ruining his chances at ever getting more than one big contract while hes an NFL player.

Its smart by the Bears obviously, but it sucks several dozen dicks for Forte.
Right, and I understand Forte being pissed at the overall situation and actually agree somewhat with his position. But to get all uppity because the Bears signed a quality backup for the same money they have done for the last 2 years, especially considering Forte might hold out, is just being childish.

Be pissed that the Bears haven't gotten your contract done yet. Don't be pissed at them for doing one of the only smart things they've done since drafting you.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I did not know this. I've been pretty confused by the Bears fans apparent contempt for Forte, but he's not better than Charles. If anything, a healthy Jamaal Charles is worth 1.5x as much guaranteed money. Yeah, Forte should take that deal and be happy with it.

And that Williams contract was stupid. How batshit stupid do you have to be to give that type of deal to a 28 year old RB?
Idk bout that. I like Forte better than Charles tbh.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forte needs to demand a trade the Bears are ******* the situation up.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
STAY AWAY FROM MY TOLLEFSON
Dirty packers
He wouldn't be good at all in a 3-4. I don't see the fit there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Forte needs to demand a trade the Bears are ******* the situation up.
By signing a very good backup? As explained, Forte has already been made a far better offer than that and would absolutely remain the starter.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And to be honest, I wouldn't have been terribly mad if the Bears went into the season with just Khalil Bell because that little guy is awesome, but I wouldn't have been happy about it.

Sadly my faith (or lack of) in the Bears' front office makes me feel like Forte is gonezo in the near future.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-22-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
By signing a very good backup? As explained, Forte has already been made a far better offer than that and would absolutely remain the starter.
Everything. That doesn't play a big role at all of why he should. He should have been offered a legit contract way before now.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
And to be honest, I wouldn't have been terribly mad if the Bears went into the season with just Khalil Bell because that little guy is awesome, but I wouldn't have been happy about it.

Sadly my faith (or lack of) in the Bears' front office makes me feel like Forte is gonezo in the near future.
If Bush is healthy and the passing game picks up with Marshall there I wouldn't be too worried if he left tbh.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Everything. That doesn't play a big role at all of why he should. He should have been offered a legit contract way before now.
Which he was...

Last reports were somewhere between Gore (3 years $21M with 13.5 guaranteed) and Jamaal Charles (6 year $32M with 10 guaranteed). That's a legit offer.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-22-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WE DID.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...ed-sources-say

Quote:
According to NFL sources, the Bears initially used the six-year, $32 million ($10 million guaranteed) contract signed by Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles as the baseline for a potential Forte deal.
Those numbers are what Charles signed for. Forte would have received around $14 million in guarantees, and likely more overall money as well.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The point is that you don't act like a ***** on twitter. Twitter is for girls.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The point is that you don't act like a ***** on twitter. Twitter is for girls.
And Greg Olsen.

Oh wait, you already said girls.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-22-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He wouldn't be good at all in a 3-4. I don't see the fit there.
Have you seen Frank Zombo play? I like Zombo, but Tollefson would be an upgrade for the Packers.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I don't think Giants fans have to worry much. The last time the Packers signed a non-rookie free agent, dial up internet was still the norm.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone would be an upgrade over any OLB we have other than Clay Matthews.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has been. It was reported as 5 years, 30 million with half of it guaranteed. He just won't sign it because he's an idiot and thinks he's going to get 40-odd million over the same time frame like DeAngelo Williams.

He can sign, he can get traded for at least a decent second round pick, or we can ride him into the ground this season like he's Larry Johnson. Now that we have Bush, I don't even care which Emery chooses as long as it's one of those.

I just don't want to keep him around unsigned, give him up for peanuts, or give him a ******** big contract.

The ideal would be to send him to CLE for Greg Little and their 3rd rounder, tbqh.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-22-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I don't think Giants fans have to worry much. The last time the Packers signed a non-rookie free agent, dial up internet was still the norm.
Like I said, SuperPacker's generation was still learning their multiplication tables when Green Bay signed their last notable Free Agent.

Nothing but love for ya, SuperPacker. I just want you to know what it's like to actually sign a player from another team who doesn't suck.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
He has been. It was reported as 5 years, 30 million with half of it guaranteed. He just won't sign it because he's an idiot and thinks he's going to get 40-odd million over the same time frame like DeAngelo Williams.

He can sign, he can get traded for at least a decent second round pick, or we can ride him into the ground this season like he's Larry Johnson. Now that we have Bush, I don't even care which Emery chooses as long as it's one of those.

I just don't want to keep him around unsigned, give him up for peanuts, or give him a ******** big contract.
Man, Larry Johnson....he got wrecked in KC. I don't know if anyone has ever had as many carries as he did over the course of so few seasons. I think it was like 750-800 carries in two years.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
The truth is that he probably could get that type of money (Marshawn Lynch got 18 mil guaranteed after all), he's just not going to get it from us. He can play for the 7.7 franchise this year (and probably get tagged again next year) or he can walk. The Bears aren't going to commit 20+ million in guarantees to him, and he's not going to take less.

Honestly, I don't blame either side. It's just the nature of the franchise tag means the Bears get to keep him around whether he likes it or not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tag next year is 120% right?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

I'm not convinced that he could get much more than $15 Million guaranteed. He might get more money on paper, but probably not guaranteed. A lot of teams are starting to view RBs as fungible commodities. That's why more and more, they're sliding in the draft.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I haven't paid much attention to him outside of Philly, can someone give me some thoughts on him?
He's an excellent run defender who stands his ground and doesn't get moved. The problem is he generates NOTHING as a pass rusher.

He also only played in 44% of the snaps, so paying him 25 mill is a bit too much.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote