Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that Gabbert is already making excuses is not a good sign either. I always hate when I hear a qb talk about his injuries in the offseason. It's a sign of mental weakness.

The only qb who got away with it was Roethlisberger. And that's only bc

1. He doesn't suck, he's actually pretty good
2. He still gets a ton of **** for it, but ppl forget when he wins games and SBs.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite line was actually one from Gabbert himself:

Quote:
"Some of the criticism was pretty intense"
If "he's the worst QB ever" is only "pretty" intense, I'd hate to see what he thinks a really intense criticism is...

I mean I saw this player spike a ball on the ground in the pocket then fall to the ground to avoid a hit. He drew an intentional grounding flag on the play too...that's just inexcusable.

I would honestly rather him have thrown a pick into triple coverage. At least then he would have gone down trying to make a play instead of just embarrassing himself on national TV.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this Gabbert hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
All this Gabbert hate

If I just met the guy and knew nothing about him, I'd give him the mental nickname of "******" just based on his stupid face. ****** Gabbert, face of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Man, it must suck to have to watch him every week.

***** = female dog
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The media chooses the weirdest things to report. Gabbert's not looking for sympathy. He played with a broken bone is his foot. Not even close to a big ******* deal yet everyone's acting like it is. Move on to something else.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Which is awesome and a fun way to see which news outlets are lazy.
KNBR Radio in San Francisco reported the Wallace story on air yesterday.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
The media chooses the weirdest things to report. Gabbert's not looking for sympathy. He played with a broken bone is his foot. Not even close to a big ******* deal yet everyone's acting like it is. Move on to something else.
Will do....when the Jags move onto a QB who isn't the worst thing I've ever seen on a football field.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Will do....when the Jags move onto a QB who isn't the worst thing I've ever seen on a football field.
You've never seen Caleb Hanie?
Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
You've never seen Caleb Hanie?
Gabbert is worse. Jimmy Clausen held that title for all of one year before Gabbert took it from him.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gabbert is worse. Jimmy Clausen held that title for all of one year before Gabbert took it from him.
Based on what? Projected over an entire season, Caleb Hanie would have led the Bears to an 0-16 record with 12 TD and 36 INT. He took over a team that looked like a sure bet to make the playoffs and sunk them immediately by throwing interceptions on 8.8% of his throws. Gabbert was thrown onto a team with a patchwork line and no receivers and played like crap as a rookie starter while his head coach was getting fired. Everyone agreed Gabbert needed time to develop on the bench before he was ready to contribute in the NFL; I'd agree that he's a wimp and looks like an top-ten bust but to call him worse than Caleb Hanie is a hilarious overexaggeration. Don't you think you're taking the "cranky Tebow/Gabbert hater" gimmick a little bit too far?
Old 04-03-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

There are plenty of terrible QBs. Hanie was one of them. Hell, damn near every backup who takes over for an extended period ends up one of these except for some very rare exceptions.

But what makes Gabbert worse is that he is a coward. That is bar none the worst trait you can ever exhibit on the field as a player in my mind.

It's not something that is suddenly going to be "corrected." He showed this at Missouri...everyone with a pair of eyes saw it. They watched him eluding ghost rushers and fleeing perfectly good pockets at the slightest hint of pressure.

Yet he still gets drafted high. And goes on to display the same cowardice at the NFL level. The same glaringly obvious flaws that I have no idea how the Jaguars overlooked in order to justify taking him that high.

And look around, it goes beyond me. In the PFT article I posted about his injury, they took shots at him for playing like a scared little mouse.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Hanie and similar QBs are also short lived. He's off my team and no longer a problem for the Bears. I am sorry for the Broncos though.

The Jaguars meanwhile are stuck with Gabbert. He can take that franchise for a few years while they pretend he's a franchise caliber QB.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hanie and similar QBs are also short lived. He's off my team and no longer a problem for the Bears. I am sorry for the Broncos though.

The Jaguars meanwhile are stuck with Gabbert. He can take that franchise for a few years while they pretend he's a franchise caliber QB.
Draft position, pay, etc. are indictments of a team's front office more than the player themselves. To call someone the worst player you've ever seen is to say that, all others factors aside, you would rather have another player strictly based on what they can do on the field. Gabbert is probably going to bust and he's a wimp but he's not the worst player in the NFL, let alone the worst quarterback.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm officially a Gabbert fan. Too much hate. He's the easiest target for criticism in the world, but it doesn't stop this board from ******** all over him ad nauseum. So while he almost definitely sucks, I'm hopping on his bandwagon. There's a 1% chance that he turns out okay.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I'm officially a Gabbert fan. Too much hate. He's the easiest target for criticism in the world, but it doesn't stop this board from ******** all over him ad nauseum. So while he almost definitely sucks, I'm hopping on his bandwagon. There's a 1% chance that he turns out okay.
I think so, so much of that frustration stems from the fact that about 80% of the posters on here knew exactly what would happen with Gabbert, and he was selected Top 10 anyways. Anyone who knows a god damned thing about football knew after watching him in college that he wasn't going to be a successful NFL QB...You can have all the physical tools in the world, but if you're afraid to get hit then you don't belong on a football field, that's all there is to it. And even if you can get away with it (Antonio Cromartie...), you certainly can't be a QB and a ******* leader of men if you're out there acting like a pansy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers to host free agent Center, Jason Brown.

Maybe we try him @ RG?
Old 04-03-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I think so, so much of that frustration stems from the fact that about 80% of the posters on here knew exactly what would happen with Gabbert, and he was selected Top 10 anyways. Anyone who knows a god damned thing about football knew after watching him in college that he wasn't going to be a successful NFL QB...You can have all the physical tools in the world, but if you're afraid to get hit then you don't belong on a football field, that's all there is to it. And even if you can get away with it (Antonio Cromartie...), you certainly can't be a QB and a ******* leader of men if you're out there acting like a pansy.
Agreed. I had him #32 out of 32 on my big board, just to be safe (in case i was missing something) but I fully expected a bust. And I still do. It's frustrating that Gene Smith and similar GM's can have jobs but miss something that was so obvious to most of this board. I get that. But my God, some people need to give it a rest. He sucks. He's not the anti-Christ.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Agreed. I had him #32 out of 32 on my big board, just to be safe (in case i was missing something) but I fully expected a bust. And I still do. It's frustrating that Gene Smith and similar GM's can have jobs but miss something that was so obvious to most of this board. I get that. But my God, some people need to give it a rest. He sucks. He's not the anti-Christ.
Want to...make joke....so bad.......

But NO. I am done talking about Tebow this offseason.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Want to...make joke....so bad.......

But NO. I am done talking about Tebow this offseason.
Come on. I put it on a platter for you. You know you want to.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many Gabbert sucks circlejerks can happen in one off-season? Holy ****

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
49ers to host free agent Center, Jason Brown.

Maybe we try him @ RG?
Depth at best.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
meh. i blame that one dude last offseason who was in love with him for most of the residual hate. sort of like futurescout and reggie mcneal a long time ago, the caste idiots and every white player ever, notre dame fans and brady quinn/jimmy clausen, etc.

every time some player gets an unreasonably obnoxious fan, the backlash for the following season gets a bit silly. usually it dies down as everyone focuses on the next dude.

tebow might be an exception, because this time it's everyone else on earth who's the troll fan.
For me, with Gabbert, it's the fact hat so god damn many people knew exactly what his flaws were. Yet we saw him overdrafted, thrust into the starting line up and then.....there were those flaws again. Just like they were every single year of college.

And I don't deal well with stupid, illogical people. It completely defied my notion of common sense to see him end up as a supposed franchise NFL QB prospect getting drafted high.

What did people see that clearly wasn't there?
Old 04-03-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are plenty of terrible QBs. Hanie was one of them. Hell, damn near every backup who takes over for an extended period ends up one of these except for some very rare exceptions.

But what makes Gabbert worse is that he is a coward. That is bar none the worst trait you can ever exhibit on the field as a player in my mind.

It's not something that is suddenly going to be "corrected." He showed this at Missouri...everyone with a pair of eyes saw it. They watched him eluding ghost rushers and fleeing perfectly good pockets at the slightest hint of pressure.

Yet he still gets drafted high. And goes on to display the same cowardice at the NFL level. The same glaringly obvious flaws that I have no idea how the Jaguars overlooked in order to justify taking him that high.

And look around, it goes beyond me. In the PFT article I posted about his injury, they took shots at him for playing like a scared little mouse.
I would just start dosing Blaine in Camp and hope that going through scrimmage while tripping might re-wire his brain into forgetting about his fear. What's the downside?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 04-03-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For me, with Gabbert, it's the fact hat so god damn many people knew exactly what his flaws were. Yet we saw him overdrafted, thrust into the starting line up and then.....there were those flaws again. Just like they were every single year of college.

And I don't deal well with stupid, illogical people. It completely defied my notion of common sense to see him end up as a supposed franchise NFL QB prospect getting drafted high.

What did people see that clearly wasn't there?
At some point you're going to have to accept that vastly flawed guys with "franchise potential" will get drafted way too high in the first round now that the risk is just a pick and not a pick plus beaucoup bucks. It's why you see absolutely talentless stiffs like Thabeet going super high in the NBA draft. The positional importance to risk ratio means it's worth spending every other first round pick on a QB if that's what it takes to get a good one.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 04-03-2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: because **** english.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
beaucoup, fwiw.
Now you're just ******* with me, you americans seriously need to get this whole spelling thing figured out and quit being such fucknuts about it.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: