Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
IF he is healthy
What do you think of the trade? It seems, based on the Bengals MB, it was a split reaction.

Rivers to Giants for 5th-rounder?
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=97512
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it was more or less a way to ditch Rivers. Cant stay healthy, seemed disinterested in being on the team at times.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I think it was more or less a way to ditch Rivers. Cant stay healthy, seemed disinterested in being on the team at times.
Maybe this change of scenery will help. Same with M. Bennett TE we signed in free agency. As for the healthy part, I am willing to roll the dice and see. The 5th is basically a 6th rounder. And if he does do well, that allows Kiwi to move to DE now since Tolly signed with the Raiders. So I'd roll the dice, this would be the time coming off a super bowl where the 5th rounder is that high near the 6th round.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Maybe this change of scenery will help. Same with M. Bennett TE we signed in free agency. As for the healthy part, I am willing to roll the dice and see. The 5th is basically a 6th rounder. And if he does do well, that allows Kiwi to move to DE now since Tolly signed with the Raiders. So I'd roll the dice, this would be the time coming off a super bowl where the 5th rounder is that high near the 6th round.
I don't think a change of scenery will really help him. He was always decent when he played he just could not stay healthy. He has almost missed as many games as he has played in.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I don't think a change of scenery will really help him. He was always decent when he played he just could not stay healthy. He has almost missed as many games as he has played in.
If that's the case then he will get cut. Either way, he is young, and let's see if he can stay healthy. With Coughlin on his butt, I'd bet he'd be motivated. If not, he will get chewed out by Tuck, Fewell, and Coughlin, and then get booted. So this is his chance.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-trevor-laws/

Trevor Laws sings a 1 year deal with the Rams.

He's been a disappointment. I expected better from him.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-trevor-laws/

Trevor Laws sings a 1 year deal with the Rams.

He's been a disappointment. I expected better from him.
Being a 49ers fan that has put up with 4 years of complaining that "I can't believe we took Kentwan Balmer over DeSean Jackson!" and "I can't believe we took Chilo Rachal over DeSean Jackson!", it is nice that the Eagles even messed up who they picked with Jackson still on the board.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Reese is on fire today

Giants sign CB Antwaun Molden
Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post

IN REESE WE TRUST!

Side Note: You think now with 7 CBs on the roster and like 6 Safeties and the Rivers trade, people will stop mocking us DBs and OLBs like Zach Brown? **** is getting old

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Giants will take Massie, Adams, or Martin in the first round.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like that trade for the G Men. It's virtually a 6th round pick that you likely use on a special teams player that doesn't stick, and they get a projected starter with top 10 talent. What is not to like? Sure he could end up hurt once again(his list of injuries is pretty long but you can't blame the Ward cheap shot on him being injury prone imo) but you were very unlikely to get a more impact player out of the draft.

Anybody should be happy with a plug in starter with a late 5th round pick, and if he can play majority of the season worst case scenario he's a very solid starting LB.

Not sure how I feel about Boley in the middle. Rivers makes more sense there imo. Boley is perfect as a weak side backer in NY and nobody even pays attention to how good he is in that role. Watching him cover TE's in pass coverage is a thing of beauty, he may not be an impact backer or a pro bowler but very talented and does an excellent job of doing what he is asked to do there.

I don't think Rivers can do that role anywhere near as good, and his strength in the run game makes him more natural in the middle, so I don't think I'll like the set-up with how it's rumored to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Good pickup for them. Remember when they got in CB trouble with injuries in preseason a yr. ago & I think only Ross & Corey Webster weren't hurt? Stockpiled DBs is not a bad thing.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boley in the middle is fine. Boley is a great ******* player.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm ok with both. and as gf1080 said a couple times, we don't use a MIKE in a real traditional sense. But i would like to see rivers there to start, but I trust the coaching staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Boley in the middle is fine. Boley is a great ******* player.
Great?????

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

W run big nickel as our base bc we have no 3 down MIKE who can cover the deep middle. We don't do it bc we want to, we do it bc the coaching staff feels we have to.

I'm iffy on this. You can't play 3 olbs on thr field. It doesn't work. You need a true MIKE.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
W run big nickel as our base bc we have no 3 down MIKE who can cover the deep middle. We don't do it bc we want to, we do it bc the coaching staff feels we have to.

I'm iffy on this. You can't play 3 olbs on thr field. It doesn't work. You need a true MIKE.
I really hope you're typing on a phone or something.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I really hope you're typing on a phone or something.
I am actually. I wanted to write more but its a pain in the ass on your phone.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHATEVER AS LONG AS WE BRING CHASE BLACKBURN BACK
/he should've been super bowl mvp
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Great?????
Boley is a beast. Always has been. Great player. Atlanta letting him go was a huge mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I am actually. I wanted to write more but its a pain in the ass on your phone.
Why are you on his phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
WHATEVER AS LONG AS WE BRING CHASE BLACKBURN BACK
/he should've been super bowl mvp
If only Gronk could jump...
Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Boley is a beast. Always has been. Great player. Atlanta letting him go was a huge mistake.
Fair enough.

I usually reserve the moniker "great" for players like Alex Smith.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

any opinions on this? probably just a ST right?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Last time I heard of Keith Rivers was when he got blasted by Hines Ward.
Never really been the same
NotMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Molden, he had some moments for the Pats this year. He was given some pretty big assignments on very good wideouts and although he should be a 3 or 4, he did well. Has a nice size and speed combo too. Nothing spectacular but I thought he was a decent player for us overall.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder why no one has picked up Mike Wallace Yet?Greedy bastard .