Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It's funny, because it's true. Now that I think about it, the Packer forums were littered with posts along the lines of "we're going to lose a compensatory pick because we signed Jeff ******* Saturday????"
It's probably because we're so used to building through the draft, the thought of losing a draft pick because of a 37 year old center is scary. But yeah, its definitely true. I just love draft picks!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meme Generator is being a ***** right now, so just pretend these are in text on this picture:

"We're only going to get a 5th round comp pick instead of a 4th because of Jeff Saturday."

"Jermichael Finley is killing Rodgers' completion percentage today."

"We only won 13 games instead of 15 this year..."

"Our 6th round draft pick was a bust."

"Backup QB is the weakest position on our team..."
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Meme Generator is being a ***** right now, so just pretend these are in text on this picture:

"We're only going to get a 5th round comp pick instead of a 4th because of Jeff Saturday."

"Jermichael Finley is killing Rodgers' completion percentage today."

"We only won 13 games instead of 15 this year..."

"Our 6th round draft pick was a bust."

"Backup QB is the weakest position on our team..."
Omg, i laughed so hard at some of these. I've probably thought all of them during last season.

Actually, that might be why i hate Finley so much. Making our QB's completion percentage go down.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-11-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First Petey decides on San Diego's third stringer with no regular season passes thrown in four years. Then it's Tarvaris Jackson, who didn't get it done in five years in Minny. Now it's Saint Matt Flynn of the two career starts?

Should have just drafted Ryan Mallett when he had the chance.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
First Petey decides on San Diego's third stringer with no regular season passes thrown in four years. Then it's Tarvaris Jackson, who didn't get it done in five years in Minny. Now it's Saint Matt Flynn of the two career starts?

Should have just drafted Ryan Mallett when he had the chance.
Mallett is going to take over for Brady pretty soon here and will be a top 5 QB for the next decade.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Actually, that might be why i hate Finley so much. Making our QB's completion percentage go down.
Go easy on Finley. He's still the best TE they've had since Keith Jackson (maybe since Paul Coffman, because Jackson was a bit past his prime?), and if he gets back to pre-injury form then there aren't more than a handful of TEs that I'd rather have.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Go easy on Finley. He's still the best TE they've had since Keith Jackson (maybe since Paul Coffman, since Jackson was a bit past his prime?), and if he gets back to pre-injury form then there aren't more than a handful of TEs that I'd rather have.
Finley's problem is that the rest of the offense is so heavily based on precision and timing that he can't afford to run bad routes and drop passes. It just grinds everything to a halt.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I see your one player and raise you...

One of the most disappointing, underachieving, mediocre-at-absolute-best lists of players you'll see.
Oh god I completely forgot about CJ Gaddis. Eagles fans anointed him the next Dawk because he went to Clemson and had one highlight of a big hit on youtube.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Finley's problem is that the rest of the offense is so heavily based on precision and timing that he can't afford to run bad routes and drop passes. It just grinds everything to a halt.
I understand the frustration with Finley, but some fans flat-out hate the guy and want him off the team. This is in spite of the fact that it looks like their next best option at TE is Ryan Taylor (and he's really more of an H-Back).

Bad-Finley is an idiot who played a big part in the losses against KC and NY. Good-Finley is the most intimidating Packer receiving target since Sterling Sharpe.

I wanted an undefeated seaon, 25-game win streak, and back-to-back Super Bowls as much as anybody; but I think it's pretty short-sighted to throw a 24 year old freak-of-nature TE under the bus just because he had some badly-ill-timed mental lapses.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

My issue with him runs deeper than his on field play. I just dont like the guy, at all.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Finley pretty much raped the **** out of the Bears in the first game last year, so I know what he's capable of. But for all the good he brings, he's a wildcard to the offense. Will he go out and dominate or will he run sloppy routes and drop passes?

For the Packers, a guy who isn't as big of athlete but is much more consistent might be better for the offense as a whole if Finley continues to have bad games. I think that is what the 2 year deal is all about. If he hasn't settled by then, the Packers might walk away and just go with someone more consistent at TE.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the problem with Finley is he's the Packers main way to attack the middle of the field. So when he's off the offense becomes instantly easier to defend despite how talented Jennings and Jordyzzzzzz are. He's a lot like Mario Manningham, but fortunately for us Mario was one of our outside guys so even when he was running the wrong routes Cruz was tearing teams up down the middle.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Finley pretty much raped the **** out of the Bears in the first game last year, so I know what he's capable of. But for all the good he brings, he's a wildcard to the offense. Will he go out and dominate or will he run sloppy routes and drop passes?

For the Packers, a guy who isn't as big of athlete but is much more consistent might be better for the offense as a whole if Finley continues to have bad games. I think that is what the 2 year deal is all about. If he hasn't settled by then, the Packers might walk away and just go with someone more consistent at TE.

Oh, for sure. The contract even seems to be structured so that they can cut him loose after this season, if they want to. This is definitely a "Prove It" contract, and I think that's appropriate.

I'm only disagreeing with the majority of Packer Nation that would trade him for a bag chips and a six-pack of beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think the problem with Finley is he's the Packers main way to attack the middle of the field. So when he's off the offense becomes instantly easier to defend despite how talented Jennings and Jordyzzzzzz are. He's a lot like Mario Manningham, but fortunately for us Mario was one of our outside guys so even when he was running the wrong routes Cruz was tearing teams up down the middle.
Without a TE with Finley's talents, it becomes lot easier for teams to slow down the offense by just going straight Cover-2 on their asses.

He just needs to play with more consistency and concentration, like BB pointed out. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that GB would be better with a more consistent TE (this is shades of Good-Brett/Bad-Brett), but I'm more than happy to give him another year or two to get his act together.

Last edited by WCH : 05-11-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers LOVES hitting Finley too.

He has his flaws, but he's still a beast.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rodgers LOVES hitting Finley too.

He has his flaws, but he's still a beast.

He dictates the coverage so much. Just his presence helps that offense flow.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Oh god I completely forgot about CJ Gaddis. Eagles fans anointed him the next Dawk because he went to Clemson and had one highlight of a big hit on youtube.

Sammy Watkins was arrested for pot possession. Ha, I guess Clemson players don't even need to get to the NFL before they start ******* up.

What is their deal? Why do they all suck/have problems?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd MUCH rather have the TE combo the Broncos signed this season than Jermichael Finley, no lie. Those guys are going to be stupid good this season.

There are probably at least a dozen TEs I'd prefer.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Oh, by the way...the Bears signed DTs John McCargo and DeMario Pressley.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Meh, depth and training camp fodder. I'm just glad the rumors of us bringing back Tommie Harris weren't true. He's washed the **** up.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Meh, depth and training camp fodder. I'm just glad the rumors of us bringing back Tommie Harris weren't true. He's washed the **** up.
He had pretty good rate of pressure as a rotational 3-4 DE last season. It was above average. We could probably do worse.

But yeah, I don't know how comfortable I'd be with him. Pissy attitude, knees held together by duct tape...
Old 05-11-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears should bring back Tank Tyler, while they're at it.

Since 2006 was the year I first started following the draft so intently, it feels kind of weird having both Mario and VY now. Top 4 picks are all in the division. Doesn't seem all that weird (except for maybe Mario going to Buffalo) looking at their pro careers, but 16 year old me is freaking out.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Bears should bring back Tank Tyler, while they're at it.

Since 2006 was the year I first started following the draft so intently, it feels kind of weird having both Mario and VY now. Top 4 picks are all in the division. Doesn't seem all that weird (except for maybe Mario going to Buffalo) looking at their pro careers, but 16 year old me is freaking out.
i was 16 too, and when you think about it like that it is very strange lol. I was casually following the draft in 03-05 but i was hardcore in 06....what a great class of prospects turned ****** class of pros lol
Old 05-13-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...saskatechewan/

Saskatchewan likes their ****** WRs it would seem.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tiny signing but Skins re-signed Tim Hightower, RG3 should be very happy. Even if Hightower lost explosion after the ACL Tear with neither Helu or Royster being able to pass block Hightower's pass blocking will save RG3's ass and Hightower can also catch the ball and was a TD machine in short yardage in Arizona. Nice to have him back although he will have to beat our 6th round rookie Alfred Morris who is that hungry big back with fresh legs. Morris probably ends up on the practice squad though.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Tiny signing but Skins re-signed Tim Hightower, RG3 should be very happy. Even if Hightower lost explosion after the ACL Tear with neither Helu or Royster being able to pass block Hightower's pass blocking will save RG3's ass and Hightower can also catch the ball and was a TD machine in short yardage in Arizona. Nice to have him back although he will have to beat our 6th round rookie Alfred Morris who is that hungry big back with fresh legs. Morris probably ends up on the practice squad though.
Wouldn't be surprised to see us keep 4 RBs to keep them all fresh. We kept 8 WRs last year so nothing would surprise me
tmljeh19 is offline   Reply With Quote