Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
One season, he played a snap at every defensive position except CB, I believe. At 270 pounds.
Wasn't there a story about him lining up at corner across from Chad Johnson? Chad pretty much said "what is your fat ass doing out here", I think that happened.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what do people think is an accurate rating for Asomugha now? Obviously not the 1b to Revis he was made out to be in his Oakland days, so what is he? Top 15 CB? #1 corner? #2 corner? Only a nickel option?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
So what do people think is an accurate rating for Asomugha now? Obviously not the 1b to Revis he was made out to be in his Oakland days, so what is he? Top 15 CB? #1 corner? #2 corner? Only a nickel option?
I don't think it's possible to know at this point. He clearly sucks in zone coverage. He just can't do it. He might have a bad attitude, but you can argue the entire Eagles team was a cancer last year. He might be too old to run anymore or he might've just been misused. Or he could've been slow to return from injury. The disarray of the team and the crap way they decided to use a strictly man-cover corner makes it impossible to know how he'll do in 2013. I would not pay him like a top 5 corner at all.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say you should be worrying if Nnamdi is your #1 corner. It wasn't just zone that he was terrible in. He got consistently beat by receivers he shouldn't be getting beat by, when in man coverage.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't want him on my team under any circumstances. He looked terrible in man, zone, press, and off. He looked lost when the ball was in the air, guys were getting 5+ yards of seperation, it was just terrible. His name value is going to inflate his price more then what his play dictates it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't want him on my team under any circumstances. He looked terrible in man, zone, press, and off. He looked lost when the ball was in the air, guys were getting 5+ yards of seperation, it was just terrible. His name value is going to inflate his price more then what his play dictates it should be.
What you're describing is a guy that was elite, and then suddenly just forgot how to play his position. And I don't buy that. If an elite player suddenly stops being elite, I look for a reason. Age usually degrades a player's skill more gradually. So if it's injury or attitude I would expect my GM and team doctors to figure that part out before making an offer. I am wary of him but I won't be upset if my team picks him up.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-06-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QBs had a passer rating of 120.6 when targeting Nnmadi last season.

How does that even happen?

in comparison, Flacco had one of the best postseasons by a QB...ever...with a 117.2 passer rating.

I'm sure a lot of coaches are watching a lot of Nnamdi tape right now trying to figure out what's going on.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howard Eskin just backed off, said Nnamdi's not getting released today.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ake-a-pay-cut/

Quote:
According to Albert Breer of NFL Network, the Broncos have asked Dumervil to take a pay cut. If he refuses, he could be taking a hike.

Dumervil is due to earn a base salary of $12 million this season. If a deal that would involve Dumervil taking less can’t be worked out, perhaps the Broncos could replace him with Freeney.

The Colts have announced Freeney won’t be back. His agent technically isn’t eligible to talk to other teams until Saturday, March 9.

Technically.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I've wanted Doom on the Patriots for a very long time. The price would have to be right, but he is exactly what we need.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-06-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Have you guys seen ESPN's Free Agent tracker?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/?action=login

This might be useful for keeping track of where players go but the ratings are incredibly bad.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-06-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

This might be useful for keeping track of where players go but the ratings are incredibly bad.
You sound surprised.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-06-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

Holy ****. You weren't kidding.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumervil to Atlanta would make a lot of since with Nolan as DC.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Holy ****. You weren't kidding.
Apparently Levitre and Andre Smith are incredibly average NFL players and far worse free agents than many players nearing retirement.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

William Moore is the most underrated player on that list IMO at 77.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Apparently Levitre and Andre Smith are incredibly average NFL players and far worse free agents than many players nearing retirement.
And Rey Maualuga.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Half that list is underrated.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

They apparently used the Madden 09 rating system for most of the highly-rated players.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...darrelle-revis

Old 03-06-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
And Rey Maualuga.
DEAR GOD IT HURTS MY HEAD

Who on earth ranks Rey-Rey that high? He's so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Keep hitting "next 50." One of the best centers in the league, Brian de la Puente, has a 63 rating and is the 260th-best free agent according to them.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Akers cut by the 49ers.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

casey hampton is more valueable than branden albert, and about 70 other players.....LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
David Akers cut by the 49ers.
Good riddens you bastard.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay! Now lets draft Dustin Hopkins!