Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying they can't win the big one but something I've always thought (looking at the stats and clutch situations from the regular season) is that Eli and Romo are very comparable. Take post season into account and obviously Eli trumps romo however, different teams/different leadership and different situations but unless you're spectacular in all facets of the season it's hard to get on board with Eli (at least for me). To me he's like the other side of the statistical anomally if you will. On the same slate you have two QB's who are very good during the season and are never out of a game but in the same respect much more inconsistent than the elite QB's (who I consider Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees in no particular order). Then in the post season you have a guy that one time played well and had a great drive in the clutch in the SB but had a D play above expectation for a nice run to a championship. Then another time played phoenominally well on his way to another ring while the other guy chokes in big game/playoff situations.

I'm not trying to demean Eli because ai'm a closet fan but I guess my profession doesn't allow me to negate the fact that regular season Eli is much different than Post while Romo is, at least from what I've garnered, a very similar QB to Eli during the regular season, then for some reason or the other chokes in big games and the playoffs.

Again, the last 3 years edging into the playoffs (despite winning a SB) and missing one post season doesn't scream elite QB to me. With the weapons and D around Eli you'd think he'd put up the types of seasons Peyton, Brady, and Arod have but the reality is he hasn't.

I'm not taking a shot at Eli because I think he's the 5th or 6th best QB in the league but then again he's so inconsistent that he has his liabilities.

I hope I explained that correctly because I really am not trying to diss him, just present the facts. I also think championships are a team accomplishments unless they have a post season like Eli and Flacco had, however I don't think those post seasons trump the whole story.

Peace

Last edited by Guru : 03-12-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Denver release DJ Williams and Caleb Hanie.
Welcome to Oakland.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When can signings start? (apologies for noob question (but not really))

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

4 PM EST, I believe.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday Australia time.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minny needs now to put the moves to give their young QB the players he needs to take this team to the next level. Sign Victor Cruz to a 5 year 50 million deal ( Sending the 23rd pick to the Gmen ) also Sign Danny Amendola to a 4 year 22 million deal. Then look to draft a player like Quinton Patton in the second round. That will leave them with a Core WR group of Cruz, Amendola, Patton and Jarius Wright. That ends up being a nice group of players. With the two vets leading the way for the young players Patton and Wright.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:53 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't even understand this line of thinking. They don't deserve to be called a favorite but you think they'll go 12-and-freaking-4?

The pass rush is your only valid point.

Otherwise you are just bringing up injuries which are pointless to speculate about especially for guys like Lynch and Thomas.

Yes if the best freaking FS in the league went down it would have a negative affect on our secondary - that's an excellent point... we don't deserve to be the favorites because if our best player went down that would hurt our team. awesome.

The Seattle-SF gap was closed today. Harvin and Lynch are the best offensive players on either team aside from the QBs. And like I said - the 49ers don't have a FS right now, big questions at CB. And Justin Smith is aging and coming off a big drop-off due to injury.
The point is they don't deserve to be the favorites because the favorites are the teams that have been at or won the SB consistently for the past several years. With the exception of Denver they have all been extremely close or won the SB. Seattle, despite their impressive season last year were never really primary SB contenders. They play much better at home, and were far too young. It's much easier to project how a team that was already probably good enough to win a SB can win it if 1 or 2 things go right, than projecting everyone improving and the big moves of a rising team all coming together and meshing along with a little luck along the way. There are just much more variables with Seattle.

Look at Houston last season for example. If you had told them before the season that JJ Watt would have one of the best defensive seasons in the past 10 years, and that Andre Johnson would be back and healthy, anybody would have thought they'd be a shoe in for he SB out of the AFC. What happened? They had the Cushing injury which they struggled to deal with, Jonathan Joseph didn't replicate his career year of the year before, and their running game was the least effective it's been in years. These are things that people didn't account for when looking at the Texans on paper. Teams constantly change, and Seattle can't really be sure what team they're going to get next year.

There are plenty of things to be worried about in Seattle. Russell Wilson isn't the most talented guy, and didn't make a lot of mistakes last season. What happens to Seattle if he struggles or fails to improve in year 2 like a good percentage of young QB's do?

The Lynch and Thomas things are pertinent. They're 2 of the most important guys on the Hawks, yet their size, speed, and playing style poses significant injury risk. 200lb safeties have a tendency to get hurt, as do RB's who fight for every imaginable yard. Seattle doesn't really have a good contingency if either of these guys is down, and they haven't proven that they can still be Seattle without them.

When a dozen or so guys have career years for a team in a single year, it's a legitimate question to wonder if they can do it again. When you're a fan of a team you never consider the possibility that someone could fall off or get hurt, but these things happen all the time. When fans don't consider these things possible that is when you get stupid things like injuriezzz and scheduling conspiracies. Lets all take a step back from Seattle for a second and consider the immense amount of things that can go wrong instead of focusing on how everything could go right. Nobody is saying that they can't win it all, but instead that teams that have been around and have been knocking on the doorstep are more likely to put everything together/ catch a lucky break than a team which still needs a lot more development to get there.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Victor Cruz going to minny would make my heart hurt. I have him as a 15th round keeper in 3 leagues and it would be hard to keep him if that happens. Now the Pats would be great or maybe NO.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:13 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
The point is they don't deserve to be the favorites because the favorites are the teams that have been at or won the SB consistently for the past several years. With the exception of Denver they have all been extremely close or won the SB. Seattle, despite their impressive season last year were never really primary SB contenders. They play much better at home, and were far too young. It's much easier to project how a team that was already probably good enough to win a SB can win it if 1 or 2 things go right, than projecting everyone improving and the big moves of a rising team all coming together and meshing along with a little luck along the way. There are just much more variables with Seattle.

Look at Houston last season for example. If you had told them before the season that JJ Watt would have one of the best defensive seasons in the past 10 years, and that Andre Johnson would be back and healthy, anybody would have thought they'd be a shoe in for he SB out of the AFC. What happened? They had the Cushing injury which they struggled to deal with, Jonathan Joseph didn't replicate his career year of the year before, and their running game was the least effective it's been in years. These are things that people didn't account for when looking at the Texans on paper. Teams constantly change, and Seattle can't really be sure what team they're going to get next year.

There are plenty of things to be worried about in Seattle. Russell Wilson isn't the most talented guy, and didn't make a lot of mistakes last season. What happens to Seattle if he struggles or fails to improve in year 2 like a good percentage of young QB's do?

The Lynch and Thomas things are pertinent. They're 2 of the most important guys on the Hawks, yet their size, speed, and playing style poses significant injury risk. 200lb safeties have a tendency to get hurt, as do RB's who fight for every imaginable yard. Seattle doesn't really have a good contingency if either of these guys is down, and they haven't proven that they can still be Seattle without them.

When a dozen or so guys have career years for a team in a single year, it's a legitimate question to wonder if they can do it again. When you're a fan of a team you never consider the possibility that someone could fall off or get hurt, but these things happen all the time. When fans don't consider these things possible that is when you get stupid things like injuriezzz and scheduling conspiracies. Lets all take a step back from Seattle for a second and consider the immense amount of things that can go wrong instead of focusing on how everything could go right. Nobody is saying that they can't win it all, but instead that teams that have been around and have been knocking on the doorstep are more likely to put everything together/ catch a lucky break than a team which still needs a lot more development to get there.
Again, the Packers? The Saints? The 49ers this year? None of these teams had already done it numerous times before. None of these teams had real playoff experience.

You can go to every team and find as many variables as you want. That doesn't make a difference. The point is what you THINK will happen. If I don't think Russell Wilson is going to take a step back and that he's actually going to improve, how can you tell me that i'm wrong? It's my opinion. Yours can be different, that's okay, but don't tell me that i'm wrong about something that hasn't even happened yet. They are favorites in my book, because I don't think those negative variables that you listed are going to happen.

The Texans are a terrible example. No, not everyone would've had them as a shoe in for the SB. All season people were saying it was between the Patriots and Broncos for the AFC. This was all whilst JJ Watt was having a great year, Andre Johnson was fine and the Texans had one of the best records in the AFC.

Russell Wilson isn't the most talented guy? C'mon man, seriously? Explain that one please. Because he's 5'10? Other than that there is absolutely no reasoning for saying Wilson 'isn't the most talented guy' as if he's Andy Dalton or something like that.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints had a veteran core of Brees, Vilma, Sharper, and Smith. The Packers had a QB on the fast track to a hof career. The niners lost despite thoroughly outclassing a veteran team in talent, partly because they weren't ready for the stage they were on and got out to a slow start.

I'm not saying they can't, but again why are they the favorites? They have the furthest to go, and have been through the least of the teams I mentioned. The Texans example is a very good one. Look back a year ago, and you'll see the same kind of stuff for them. The only difference is they didn't have the best team in the league standing in their way of a bye.

Russell Wilson isn't physically the most talented Qb. His arm is just ok, and he is short. His athleticism is great, but again his size also puts him in danger a la RG3 and Vick if he takes a good shot by his year. He could come out and play great this year, but he's the biggest unknown besides kap of all the contenders, and a sophmore slump should be in the conversation of possibilities.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

steelers showing interest in steven jackson makes me feel all tingly inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
I don't know man, two years of edging into the playoffs and missing them last year doesn't scream of a guy capable of carrying a team. Don't get me wrong he did win a SB in that timeframe with a masterful post season but even Giants fans can't be happy with his inconsistent play in the regular season, at least it wouldn't make me confident. You guys have drafted well and I think Randall was a steal but he's no Cruz. Not yet any way.
He already carried the team with no.OL and dead last in the running game. Our issue as giants fans is Coughlins coordinator hires specifically at DC. Perry Fewell is god awful. You can't do much as a qb with your ol , rb, te and your X wr is hurt. He managed with who he could play it.

But anyways its a dead issue at this point perry fewell is the guy we all loathe. Pathetic DC who managed to do well once and i am thankful for that but his regular seasons have been a bloody mess.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He already carried the team with no.OL and dead last in the running game. Our issue as giants fans is Coughlins coordinator hires specifically at DC. Perry Fewell is god awful. You can't do much as a qb with your ol , rb, te and your X wr is hurt. He managed with who he could play it.

But anyways its a dead issue at this point perry fewell is the guy we all loathe. Pathetic DC who managed to do well once and i am thankful for that but his regular seasons have been a bloody mess.
Wasn't trying to insult anyones team or players just sharing my observasion, which is by no mean fact, just opinion.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs looking to make some noise. Interest and favorites for Derek cox and Dashon Gholdson. Also several sources believe they are the team interested and will land Revis with them having an offer on the table.

Honestly I'm not sure exactly how I feel about all this spending. Hopefully it's worth it.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to one of the few Bears beat writers that is responsible in his rumormongering, the Bears have a super boner for Phil Loadholt. It'd be nice to grab him and have Carimi go to RG where he belongs, but if we sign him, we're going to be letting a defensive starter or two walk next season.

On the plus side, with him and Carimi both on the right side, it'd be the best run blocking duo in the NFL.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-12-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Bucs looking to make some noise. Interest and favorites for Derek cox and Dashon Gholdson. Also several sources believe they are the team interested and will land Revis with them having an offer on the table.

Honestly I'm not sure exactly how I feel about all this spending. Hopefully it's worth it.
Don't you guys have a ton of cap space? You can afford Goldson+Revis, which would be a major coup for your Secondary. They're going to be overpaid but the big contracts have to go somewhere, if not the rookies than the veterans, and you have to hit the cap floor too.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Don't you guys have a ton of cap space? You can afford Goldson+Revis, which would be a major coup for your Secondary. They're going to be overpaid but the big contracts have to go somewhere, if not the rookies than the veterans, and you have to hit the cap floor too.
30 million or so. I'd rather we just pick up 1 or 2 pieces and then work on resigning our base players like Mike Williams.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
steelers showing interest in steven jackson makes me feel all tingly inside
Certainly has me more excited than Dan Connor visiting. Which means it won't happen.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 03-12-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Certainly has me more excited than Dan Connor visiting. Which means it won't happen.
even though i dont expect them to make any dramatic moves aside from their usual LB here, 3rd back there approach...the first day of FA is still exciting

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a first rounder for Cruz would free up a **** ton of cap space for the giants..but also leave us pretty thin at WR talent. I'm not sure how I really feel on the situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

nobody is giving up a first rounder for cruz....

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...not sure if srs. His value is absolutely at a first rounder.

Plus the first round tender. I believe he'll sign the Giants offer with the new agent switch, but there would absolutely be teams ala Minny and St. Louis who I'd believe would give up a first for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone who was going to spend a first rounder on Tavon Austin should.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
...not sure if srs. His value is absolutely at a first rounder.

Plus the first round tender. I believe he'll sign the Giants offer with the new agent switch, but there would absolutely be teams ala Minny and St. Louis who I'd believe would give up a first for him
I think he walks next year.

He should be getting close or more than what Bowe got. Why? because he knows his a perfect fit for the Giants, its hard from them to find a WR that are smart enough of their system.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Wasn't trying to insult anyones team or players just sharing my observasion, which is by no mean fact, just opinion.
No worries man. Its fine, i didn't take it like that.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote