Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avril got 2/15. He turned down 3/30 from the lions last year...
Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Baalke IS NOT going after Revis. It's not happening. People need to realize that was media-driven.

And@gpngc, Avril played LE for the Lions exclusively. He never played weakside, that was KVB. I actually like that Avril was the 'Hawks choice. I'd be scared if it was someone like Barwin who is a much better player in my eyes. He's a step down from Clemons in my opinion.
That's... interesting for a bunch of reasons...

The Ray Edwards comparison doesn't look so ridiculous now...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Final thought about Avril I half-promise.

This is the program: Competition.

They now have an awesome competition for the LEO spot. Avril will probably win it but who knows. First-round pick vs. proven pass rusher. Who will win the job? Probably the guy who plays the run better...

And the "loser" will play on every third down - the most important down in football. Irvin excelled at that role last year. I expect him to return to that role.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
So what you are saying is "bad news bears" for him when he realized the market for DE this offseason.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
At some point the Patriots need to ask themselves if it's the system that's not working instead of just throwing new receivers at it. I know they've made it deep in the playoffs so the team is working to that extent but you can't tell me the WR position isn't frustrating to them and the lack of a true #1 or #2 since Moss hasn't hurt them.

They sure as hell can't develop receivers and the free agents they sign can't cut it either. Welker is the only player who has stuck longer than two years. The tight ends thrive but the WR is a revolving door which is strange for having a top QB.

Rodgers and Manning play in much different offenses and they have no problem with the position. Manning has never needed a FA addition other than slot receivers with Stokey and now Welker.

How many 1st round picks were spent on a WR in that time? You just can't put mid level talent in and be surprised that no studs come out of it. They had an opportunity to get that type of guy a number of years, looking back at 09 which was the deep WR class they took Patrick Chung over a number of really good WR's. So it's not like they are Detroit here where they weren't getting productivity out of high draft picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Weird.

Well that's not a lot of money really. They're spending probably 2-3 mil more on a guy with more upside than had they gotten Freeney or Abraham.

I think Clemons is a goner though - I wonder how much space that free up....
Old 03-13-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Playing the run from LEO is not important. At all. That's by design.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks vs Broncos has to be the SB favorite now

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, he's now on a team that could win the Super Bowl, but he lost out money wise.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How many 1st round picks were spent on a WR in that time? You just can't put mid level talent in and be surprised that no studs come out of it. They had an opportunity to get that type of guy a number of years, looking back at 09 which was the deep WR class they took Patrick Chung over a number of really good WR's. So it's not like they are Detroit here where they weren't getting productivity out of high draft picks.
I agree. The Pats are just stubborn. They kept getting stupid players at WR and bringing back Branch to do nothing vertically. The only time they got anyone with real talent it was Moss and look what happened.

Hopkins or Patton will be awesome for them. Or if they wait until the 2nd for Hunter/Rodgers/etc. They'll get a WR who can make an impact immediately - maybe two.

That guy isn't going to have to catch 80 passes. He just needs to be a threat. Hopefully for them - a deep threat.

It's tough to argue with results but some of the personnel moves BB has made have been extremely questionable. I never understood them not adding a true vertical threat. They will this year.

I think the Amendola addition cancels any plans for Austin though.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was anti-Jennings going into FA for the Bills, but I thought he was gonna get dat Mike Wallace money. If we could get him on a reasonable deal, I'd take the chance.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I mean, he's now on a team that could win the Super Bowl, but he lost out money wise.
He must not have had a huge market. He was probably sold on the program because that HAS to be a discount. And also he's betting on himself the next two years. It's an odd number of years but if he continues the trend of 10+ sacks he'll likely get a bigger payday in 2 years... IDK as I type that it sounds like he really just wanted to play in Seattle and gave up money or he really didn't have as hot a market as the media thought. Probably some kind of mixture of both.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I was anti-Jennings going into FA for the Bills, but I thought he was gonna get dat Mike Wallace money. If we could get him on a reasonable deal, I'd take the chance.
The man turned down Minnesota because Ponder wasn't good enough. I don't think he's going to hop on the Tarvaris train over in Buffalo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bet almost all of it is guaranteed. That's what he would he gave gotten had he gotten a long term deal. This one allows him to hit free agency in his prime and still make the same guaranteed money a longer deal would get him. Perfect scheme fit also.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would love to see jennings in NE... but I doubt we would want to pay the money for him

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He must not have had a huge market. He was probably sold on the program because that HAS to be a discount. And also he's betting on himself the next two years. It's an odd number of years but if he continues the trend of 10+ sacks he'll likely get a bigger payday in 2 years... IDK as I type that it sounds like he really just wanted to play in Seattle and gave up money or he really didn't have as hot a market as the media thought. Probably some kind of mixture of both.
He will still be 28 in two years. He could cash in on a semi-big deal at that age.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
The man turned down Minnesota because Ponder wasn't good enough. I don't think he's going to hop on the Tarvaris train over in Buffalo.
I'm not following FA news at all. But yeah, that would be an issue. Maybe he is friends with Nassib or something.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I notice your tone is a little condescending.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Urlacher talking to the Vikings.

I hope they don't sign him because it would be weird seeing him in that uniform...but I hope they do sign him because he can't play the run or tackle anymore and we'd benefit from that twice a year.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brian Urlacher talking to the Vikings.

I hope they don't sign him because it would be weird seeing him in that uniform...but I hope they do sign him because he can't play the run or tackle anymore and we'd benefit from that twice a year.
If he can't play the run or tackle anyone...what exactly does he do out there?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
If he can't play the run or tackle anyone...what exactly does he do out there?
He can still cover, but that's it.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's just not true at all. While he has stated that QB play will be a factor, Jennings is waiting on someone to offer him 10+ million, and MN doesn't appear to be that team.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Most guys in their prime take the best offer. The only true hometown discounts or get-a-ring discounts are usually for older players who have already cashed in throughout their careers.

Guys going to a team offering less than another usually doesn't happen. Very rare.

So if Buffalo or Minny were willing to pay Jennings the most, I think he'd end up there. He also already has a ring so...
Old 03-13-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
He also thought he'd get Mike Wallace money.

Unless he's mad at the franchise, I think he's probably just going to stay in Green Bay if he's going to settle for a reasonable deal.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He refused a pay-cut to stay with the Steelers. Why would he come to the 49ers for backup money?
Depends if he still wants a job in the NFL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote