Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who did the Colts sign again?

Walden
Landry
Gosder
??

edit- Powers is a Cardinal, not a Colt
Old 03-14-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not Powers.

Toler, Sidbury

Walden
Gosder
Landry
Donald Thomas LG.

Their line is almost set (Ijilana/rookie at RG I would imagine).

Love their Ss now tho.

Just because I'm looking at the roster.

I'd put true needs at only WR, NT, DE. And nickel if they lose Vaughn.

Then possible upgrade positions:
OLB (Hughes, Sidbury might be in-house to start)
CB (Toler might start too)
RG (Ijilana might start)

Their roster is looking very good on paper.

Last edited by gpngc : 03-14-2013 at 12:08 AM.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
You're just upset about everything else they've done, right?
Yessir.

Well, outside of Alex Smith and Chase Daniel the Chiefs have made some solid moves so far this offseason/free agency period. I like DeVito, I like Fasano, but they're backup rotational type guys. I like Donnie Avery, but I would have preferred to go in a different direction there.

I'd still really like us to address RT/CB/ILB in free agency, but we'll see if we have the cap room.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Who did the Colts sign again?

Powers
Walden
Landry
Gosder
??
We have signed
Laron Landry S
Gosder Cherilus OT
Lawrence Sidbury DE making conversion to OLB
Erik Walden OLB
Donald Thomas OG
Greg Toler CB

Powers was with the Colts but signed with the (EDIT - Cardinal not Chief) I think.

@gpngc

I actually was serious. I mean I know he is better than Zbikowski, but who isn't? I really just don't know much about his play. Haven't kept up with him. You comment makes me happier though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry was a rare bright spot on the Jets last year. From what I remember seeing, he was pretty good.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antwan Barnes is visiting the Jets tomorrow. In our system, if given the opportunity, I think he can really do some things. He seems on-board, so as long as a contract can be figured out (I can't imagine him asking for too much), that should be a go. We'll see though. I'm sure he has other options.

Good luck to Landry. He can be Bob Sanders-lite over there.

EDIT: I hear 11 mil of the 14 mil to Landry is guaranteed. I don't think he'll stay healthy, so that's a bit of a risk, but they have the cap room to take that sort of risk.

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 03-14-2013 at 12:12 AM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
We have signed
Laron Landry S
Gosder Cherilus OT
Lawrence Sidbury DE making conversion to OLB
Erik Walden OLB
Donald Thomas OG
Greg Toler CB

Powers was with the Colts but signed with the (EDIT - Cardinal not Chief) I think.
Gosder is a good guy to have on the line, he sticks up for his teammates and doesn't take any BS.

Also, the Bucs will have overpaid but if they add the top S and CB available that is impressive. Adding Goldson and Revis to a secondary is nothing to sneeze at. They need some front 7 help in the draft.

Last edited by Scotty D : 03-14-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigh, not a single FA has been signed by my Texans. I'm disappointed Glover Quin left, but there seems to be a glut of safeties on the market this year, so maybe it's not that bad. Maybe they'll convert another corner to SS like they did with Quin.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Not Powers.

Toler, Sidbury

Walden
Gosder
Landry
Donald Thomas LG.

Their line is almost set (Ijilana/rookie at RG I would imagine).

Love their Ss now tho.

Just because I'm looking at the roster.

I'd put true needs at only WR, NT, DE. And nickel if they lose Vaughn.

Then possible upgrade positions:
OLB (Hughes, Sidbury might be in-house to start)
CB (Toler might start too)
RG (Ijilana might start)

Their roster is looking very good on paper.
Jeez and now that I think about it my mock draft pick of Margus Hunt to them is making more and more sense...
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bookend BC Eagles for the Colts!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Landry was a rare bright spot on the Jets last year. From what I remember seeing, he was pretty good.
Yeah, he played well last year. I would be very hesitant to give him 4 years for $24 million though, like the Colts did.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I actually was serious. I mean I know he is better than Zbikowski, but who isn't? I really just don't know much about his play. Haven't kept up with him. You comment makes me happier though.
Excellent against the run, a little below average in coverage. Good at rushing the passer...for a safety...as if that matters.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laron Landry can't cover his shadow.
The Colts better have a pretty decent FS paired with him because Landry is a HUGE liability against the pass more than 20+ yards downfield.

If he's restricted to making plays in the box, blitzing and covering mid routes @15 yards downfield, he's looks like the fastest nastiest OLB you've ever seen playing safety.

Big hitter. Can't cover.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Laron Landry the guy that got destroyed by Brandon Jacobs a few years ago?
Also what's the story on his injury history?
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Sean Jensen: New #Chargers CB Derek Cox will sign a four-year, $20 million contract with $10.25 million guaranteed

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive seen a few tweets saying the pats have contacted the cards about LF

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
That would make Tom Brady forget about Wes Welker really quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The saints are making me upset.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Cards without Fitz would be a high-larious offense.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Landry deal has $14 mil guaranteed.
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I think when Brady did his new deal he was under the impression the cap flexibility would be used to sign Welker. Amendola will do great in NE though.
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Hard hitting verging on borderline dirty which got him the nickname "Dirty Thirty"(He has to cut it with the 15 yard penalties, he totaled like 5 of them last year), great run stopper, mediocre pass coverage safety with health issues....

He did a good job as a Jet, just I wonder how his health will hold up moving forward. If you get the Landry the Jets got last year, you'll be happy...if its the one who played for the Skins then Colts won't be happy. He was going into Bob Sanders level of injury proneness.

I actually liked Y. Bell better for what he went for then what Landry got.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Is Laron Landry the guy that got destroyed by Brandon Jacobs a few years ago?
Also what's the story on his injury history?
That person's name is Brodney Pool...Landry was still with the Skins in 2011.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At least two 1sts and probably a 2nd and a 3rd, on the low end of what it would take to make that deal.

It's criminal IMO the Pats have never surrounded Brady(except for the Randy Moss experiment) with the kind of WR talent most of the top tier NFL QBs have had throughout their careers.

When you build your passing attack around your TEs, possession receivers who struggle to get deep and RBs, it stunts your offensive game to a degree.

No top QB has done more with less catching the ball than Brady.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
That person's name is Brodney Pool...Landry was still with the Skins in 2011.
Ahmad Bradshaw is the one who punked Brodney Pool when he was a Jet.

Brandon Jacobs trucked Landry when Landry was a Redskin.

Last edited by LTgiants : 03-14-2013 at 12:45 AM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote